05-29-2007, 02:57 PM
A response to Carol Slezak's article on the grinderriffic Erstad:

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/

twsoxfan5
05-29-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow that is an angry person.

jabrch
05-29-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone read Slezak for any reason other than to mock her?

rocky biddle
05-29-2007, 04:40 PM

She kinda deserves it. Isn't she the same "journalist" that opined that Wrigley was better than the Cell because her butt got wet on the seat after it rained? She fits right in at the Scum-Times.

Besides, that piece sounds like it was written by an 8th grader doing some "My favorite baseball player is..." assignment.

TomBradley72
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
Slezak is a joke. In 2005 she wrote how the city just wasn't that excited because she'd look out the window of her Lincoln Park/Wrigleyville apartment and couldn't see tons of people excited about the White Sox being in the World Series. :?:

StillMissOzzie
05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
She kinda deserves it. Isn't she the same "journalist" that opined that Wrigley was better than the Cell because her butt got wet on the seat after it rained? She fits right in at the Scum-Times.

Because the new, inferior, down-the-1st base line pressbox leaks?

SMO
:D:

chisoxfanatic
05-29-2007, 05:20 PM

I stopped reading Slezak's columns long ago. I'd rather read the Dictionary from cover to cover than read her "fluff" pieces that have absolutely NO back-bone or FACTUAL information in them.

The Immigrant
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM
EqA?

WARP3?

***?

FarWestChicago
05-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Slezak is a joke.As is the firejoemorgan guy.

HotelWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Nothing like a 'range' statistic, until the 'zone' one (whatever the hell that means) hurts his argument, then you get "who knows with fielding statistics"

I've been very happy with Erstad, a nice surprise, multidimensional, and doesn't make any excuses or any of that crap, just goes out and plays

UserNameBlank
05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
What a waste of internet space.

For those of you who many not want to read that piece of trash, let me briefly summarize it for you:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Gavin
05-29-2007, 07:03 PM
He wasn't ribbing Erstad, just that stupid article. I thought it was pretty funny. And let's face it... Erstad is not going to go down as a grand savior.

Oblong
05-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Firejoemorgan is one of the best websites on the face of the earth. It's fantastic for exposing our mainstream experts for the hacks they are. They pay particular attention to "Hat Guy" at MSNBC and Murray Chass at the NY Times (who I thought was dead for a long time). They don't bash Erstad as much as bashing the lazy writers who always point out that he played football for Nebraska, albeit the punter.

WSox597
05-29-2007, 08:11 PM
EqA?

WARP3?

***?

My sentiments exactly. What the hell is this guy babbling about? "I know, let's make up some incomprehensible acronyms so everyone thinks we're cool!"

His point about Ms. Slezak is well taken, though. I usually pass on her "work".

Oblong
05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
They are only incomprehensible because you don't know what they are. Regular readers of that site and those who study that stuff know full well what they mean. I wouldn't walk into a law firm and call their work incomprehensible just because I don't know what the acronyms mean.

Jerome
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I was not at all keen on the Erstad signing. I knew that Ozzie would wind up making him a full time player because of his "grinderness", which he is simply not good enough to be. However we are really in no position to complain about him because he is doing his job as an adequate fill in for the injured Pods. So in that respect I'm actually glad he's here.

As for the article? :puking: Save mindless fluff like that for standout baseball players. A team full of Erstads? *****.