PDA

View Full Version : I miss A.R.

LITTLE NELL
05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I dont care what anybody says but this team and I miss Aaron Rowand.He was the sparkplug of the 05 team. You should never trade a guy who would run through a wall for you. Trading him was as bad as if the Sox would have traded Nellie Fox back in the 50s. Thank God they didnt.

cleanwsox
05-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh Gawd

:rolleyes:

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Well seeing as how the offense was completely lackluster during the few weeks Thome was on the DL, I think the Sox got something good in return.

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Memorial Day was yesterday. Day late.

Dan Mega
05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
I dont care what anybody says but this team and I miss Aaron Rowand.He was the sparkplug of the 05 team. You should never trade a guy who would run through a wall for you. Trading him was as bad as if the Sox would have traded Nellie Fox back in the 50s. Thank God they didnt.

What are you on?

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM

"I miss Aaron Rowand" threads are like attendance threads.

If you know what that means, you'll stop now. For your own good.

Mr.1Dog
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I miss Dollar Dog Thursday aka $2.50 Kosher dog day.

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I miss leading the division by 10 games

IndianWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I miss the days when dugout seats were only $22.
:(:

I wish the Sox would suck so I can get dugout seats again.

chisoxfan79
05-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I miss half price Monday and Tuesday

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 12:25 PM
I miss the days when dugout seats were only $22.

I wish the Sox would suck so I can get dugout seats again.That plus airfare from India should only run ya what? $2022? :D:

eriqjaffe
05-29-2007, 12:26 PM
So, wait, all we have to do is get guys to run through walls?

Chicken Dinner
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
I miss Jerry Manual.

IndianWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
That plus airfare from India should only run ya what? $2022? :D:

Yea, something like that.

But I was talking about the days when I lived in Chicago(the same days when the Sox were in that position)

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I miss Jerry Manual. I'm surprised ondafarm and his cohorts hadn't already posted that...

IndianWhiteSox
I miss Jerry Manual.

Who's Jerry Manual?

Jerry Manuel was the manager for the Sox.

Thank god for Ozzie.

Scottiehaswheels
Yea, something like that.

But I was talking about the days when I lived in Chicago(the same days when the Sox were in that position)ah yes.. early 2000's so long ago....

jdm2662
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
I miss the days when the bullpen had an ERA under 9...

IndianWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Seriously, I've never understood the AR love. I mean yes, I thought he was a decent CF who swing the stick a little bit. But he wasn't irreplaceable the way some people have thought. Sometimes, people think with their hearts and livers(the ones who brag about drinking with AR at Sox fest), instead of their brains.

HotelWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I miss AR rumors (Alex Rodriguez that is)

and John Rooney

Risk
05-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Not this **** again.:rolleyes:

Risk

thomas35forever
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I miss eight-game winning streaks.

rdwj
05-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I love lamp

cbrownson13
05-29-2007, 01:02 PM
What are you on?

And how much does it cost?

VenturaFan23
05-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I love lamp

I love.....carpet

CLR01
05-29-2007, 01:07 PM
So, wait, all we have to do is get guys to run through walls?

Umm...yeah. Look what he's done for Philly, that team hasn't been the same since they got him.

Little Nell is lucky voodoo got to this before I did........

roadrunner
05-29-2007, 01:08 PM
Rowand is a free agent after this season...

getonbckthr
05-29-2007, 01:11 PM
While we talk about the good ole days, I miss the days when Britney Spears was not only hot but had hair. I miss the days of when Detroit sucked.

Joe
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd take Rowand in LF, right now. I miss that guy.:(:

sox102
05-29-2007, 01:17 PM
scotch scotch scotch...I love scotch :gulp:

salty99
05-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I miss unicorns.

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, ROWAND was the spark plug of the team. Not the lights out pitching 1-5 or the unprecedented success of the bullpen that got even better when their best pitcher/closer Dustin Hermanson went down and luckily enough a journeyman AA player stepped in and went off. No, it wasn't the great success of Tadahito Iguchi or Scott Podsednik's rebirth as a legit leadoff hitter. No... it was Aaron Rowand, because he dove alot and ran into a wall a year later.

http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6742.jpg
"Guys, I really wasn't that good"

getonbckthr
05-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I'd take Rowand in LF, right now. I miss that guy.:(:
So you would rather have Rowand in LF and Everett at DH opposed to Thome at DH and (insert name here) in LF? I'll take Thome and the unknown any day.

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Just found this lil bit kinda funny looking at LITTLE NELL's prior posts

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1341329&postcount=28

roadrunner
05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
So you would rather have Rowand in LF and Everett at DH opposed to Thome at DH and (insert name here) in LF? I'll take Thome and the unknown any day.

No, but I would take Rowand in LF and Thomas at DH over Thome at DH and the unknown in LF

pmck003
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I think the Rowand complaints are especially dumb if you say he should be in LF. You should be complaining about not having Magglio then. At least we got Thome for Rowand. Also, Carlos Lee would be much more valuable in LF.

minutia
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
I miss him too, seeing as he is having a good year so far batting in the NL. However, he is not coming back and I don't think that I am so willing to go without Thome. He, when he is healthy is great offenseivly.

RowanDye
05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes, ROWAND was the spark plug of the team. Not the lights out pitching 1-5 or the unprecedented success of the bullpen that got even better when their best pitcher/closer Dustin Hermanson went down and luckily enough a journeyman AA player stepped in and went off. No, it wasn't the great success of Tadahito Iguchi or Scott Podsednik's rebirth as a legit leadoff hitter. No... it was Aaron Rowand, because he dove alot and ran into a wall a year later.

http://www.bittermancircle.com/my%20images/BeatDeadHorse.gif
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6742.jpg
"Guys, I really wasn't that good"

Rowand was/is one of my favorite players. No, his numbers weren't very good after the all-star break in '05, but that doesn't mean he was completely replaceable. I liked both of the trades KW made with Philly and I'd do em' again if we had to, but don't take away the significance of Rowand's starting place on a championship team. He contributed a lot defensively and was a great teammate. Who's to say we would have won without him?

jenn2080
05-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I miss Ross Gload :D:

I also miss the bullpen.

roadrunner
05-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I think the Rowand complaints are especially dumb if you say he should be in LF. You should be complaining about not having Magglio then. At least we got Thome for Rowand. Also, Carlos Lee would be much more valuable in LF.

You couldn't be more wrong. Ordonez and Lee were moves made pre-2005 so you can't complain about those. Winning the World Series trumps any possible complaint regardless of how they are doing now. The Rowand complaints are about dissatisfaction with how the team has changed subsequent to the world series. You should think things through yourself before labelling someone else's thoughts as "dumb".

pmck003
05-29-2007, 02:26 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. Ordonez and Lee were moves made pre-2005 so you can't complain about those. Winning the World Series trumps any possible complaint regardless of how they are doing now. The Rowand complaints are about dissatisfaction with how the team has changed subsequent to the world series. You should think things through yourself before labelling someone else's thoughts as "dumb".

Point somewhat taken, but its still all speculation.

HotelWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 02:40 PM
I think you could've had him and Thome, still think we could've gotten more for Freddy. Wasn't Rowand just the oddman out outfielder at the time?

Chips
05-29-2007, 02:50 PM

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

I miss Ross Gload :D:

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/gload.gif http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/ross.gif

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Rowand was/is one of my favorite players. No, his numbers weren't very good after the all-star break in '05, but that doesn't mean he was completely replaceable. I liked both of the trades KW made with Philly and I'd do em' again if we had to, but don't take away the significance of Rowand's starting place on a championship team. He contributed a lot defensively and was a great teammate. Who's to say we would have won without him?

Who's to say we wouldn't have won without Timo Perez? What's your point?

I'd feel more confident saying that our tremendous starting pitching and unhittable bullpen had much more to do with us winning a World Series then Aaron Rowand.

Dan Mega
05-29-2007, 02:56 PM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/gload.gif http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/ross.gif

Blasphemy.

DumpJerry
05-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Heck, I miss Wilbur Wood, Dick Allen and Oscar Gamble.

I don't miss these "I miss Rowand and Gload" threads. The return we got for the Rowand trade was well worth it. Gload was a bench-rider, always would have been for the Sox. He was playing being Konerko. I know, I know, Gload is still up here while Sisco has been sent down, but I still don't regret that trade.

Like Chips said: Get over it. Move on.

05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
There should be a Megathread for all of the "I miss A.R" "I miss Aaron" "Rowand to the Sox in 08?" threads that are started.

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 03:03 PM
There should be a Megathread for all of the "I miss A.R" "I miss Aaron" "Rowand to the Sox in 08?" threads that are started.

We'd all need to chip in to pay the server costs.

roadrunner
05-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Who's to say we wouldn't have won without Timo Perez? What's your point?

I'd feel more confident saying that our tremendous starting pitching and unhittable bullpen had much more to do with us winning a World Series then Aaron Rowand.

I agree - but you'd have to add strong defense as a component of the tremendous pitching. Rowand as the CF, was an important part of that defense. Remember that series at Yankee stadium in 2005? The pitching was great but a large part of that was Rowand making great plays throughout the series.

As an aside, I was surprised to learn that in 2004 Rowand was the team leader in OPS. That was a team with Konerko (41 HR), Lee (31), Valentin (30) and Crede (21) - Mags and Hurt were injured.

Jerko
05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Darn when I saw this thread title in "what's the score" I thought the Cubs traded Ramirez.........

areilly
05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Saw the thread title...thought it meant someone around here missed me. :cool:

CLR01
05-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Saw the thread title...thought it meant someone around here missed me. :cool:

If it helps, I miss you more than I miss Rowand . :redface:

:redneck

UserNameBlank
05-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Heck, I miss Wilbur Wood, Dick Allen and Oscar Gamble.

I don't miss these "I miss Rowand and Gload" threads. The return we got for the Rowand trade was well worth it. Gload was a bench-rider, always would have been for the Sox. He was playing being Konerko. I know, I know, Gload is still up here while Sisco has been sent down, but I still don't regret that trade.

Like Chips said: Get over it. Move on.
Agreed, especially on the Sisco deal. While it hasn't worked out so far, any time you have the chance to get a huge hard-throwing young lefty for a bench player in his thirties you have to make that deal. Every single time.

UserNameBlank
05-29-2007, 07:04 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nHTQc3YIgTO4PM:http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/aaron_rowand_rockyvi_1.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/aaron_rowand_rockyvi_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.the700level.com/aaron_rowand/index.html&h=345&w=233&sz=56&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=nHTQc3YIgTO4PM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daaron%2Browand%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den)

You better watch the damned (God bless ya)
Theyre gonna break their chains (hey)
No, you cant stop them (God bless ya)
Theyre coming to get you
And then youll get your

Balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall
Youll get your balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall - balls to the wall

Scottiehaswheels
05-29-2007, 07:29 PM
There should be a Megathread for all of the "I miss A.R" "I miss Aaron" "Rowand to the Sox in 08?" threads that are started.There is... It's called WSI.:redneck

Jerome
05-29-2007, 08:54 PM

hahahahaha thanks for the laugh. The Thome trade was the best move KW ever made. He got one of the premier LH sluggers in baseball for a pitching prospect and Aaron Rowand.

Rowand's value was so high coming off of 05, Thome's was low after his injury. A classic KW buy low sell high that worked out great for us. Besides, Brian Anderson was supposedly the CF of the future for this team (before his God-awful rookie year in 06 and Ozzie's personal vendetta against him this year) and Rowand was blocking him. Kudos to Kenny Williams for the Jim Thome trade.

Jerome
05-29-2007, 08:55 PM
I agree - but you'd have to add strong defense as a component of the tremendous pitching. Rowand as the CF, was an important part of that defense. Remember that series at Yankee stadium in 2005? The pitching was great but a large part of that was Rowand making great plays throughout the series.

As an aside, I was surprised to learn that in 2004 Rowand was the team leader in OPS. That was a team with Konerko (41 HR), Lee (31), Valentin (30) and Crede (21) - Mags and Hurt were injured.

Rowand did have a great 04, that's for sure.

Sargeant79
05-29-2007, 09:04 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nHTQc3YIgTO4PM:http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/aaron_rowand_rockyvi_1.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://enrico.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/aaron_rowand_rockyvi_1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.the700level.com/aaron_rowand/index.html&h=345&w=233&sz=56&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=nHTQc3YIgTO4PM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=81&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daaron%2Browand%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1% 26hl%3Den)

You better watch the damned (God bless ya)
Theyre gonna break their chains (hey)
No, you cant stop them (God bless ya)
Theyre coming to get you
And then youll get your

Balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall
Youll get your balls to the wall, man
Balls to the wall - balls to the wall

That song is a classic!

Viva Medias B's
05-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I miss Billy Joe Robodeaux.

CLR01
05-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I wonder if A-dog can pitch?

chisoxmike
05-30-2007, 12:06 AM

If Aaron Rowand was this great player like you claim him to be, why didn't the Phillies go to the playoffs last year? Why didn't the Sox make the playoffs in 2004? Uh explain that one.

Rowand is a average ballplayer. Yeah, he'll give it his all, but guess the **** what... he can't pitch. He can't coach. And he's a average outfielder.

For the last time, Rowand being gone is not the problem for the Sox woes last year and this year. If Rowand was on the team last year, they STILL would not have made the playoffs. Why? Becuase he doesn't trot out from the bullpen to the mound.

GET OVER IT.

Oh yeah..

:threadsucks

UserNameBlank
05-30-2007, 12:11 AM
If Aaron Rowand was this great player like you claim him to be, why didn't the Phillies go to the playoffs last year? Why didn't the Sox make the playoffs in 2004? Uh explain that one.

Rowand is a average ballplayer. Yeah, he'll give it his all, but guess the **** what... he can't pitch. He can't coach. And he's a average outfielder.

For the last time, Rowand being gone is not the problem for the Sox woes last year and this year. If Rowand was on the team last year, they STILL would not have made the playoffs. Why? Becuase he doesn't trot out from the bullpen to the mound.

GET OVER IT.

Oh yeah..

:threadsucks

It's funny how everyone forgets how terrible he was with a runner on first, hitting sharp grounders directly to the SS time and time again. DP, DP, DP. There was even a streak he was on where I believe he hit 13 straight groundballs to short. Yeah, we sure need that back.

IowaSox1971
05-30-2007, 02:10 AM
People forget that Konerko said one of the big reasons he re-signed with us was the Thome deal. So if we had not traded Rowand for Thome, it's doubtful Konerko would have come back.

Rowand is a pretty good player, but he's not as good as Thome. And he's definitely not better than Thome AND Konerko.

Rowand didn't help the Phillies make the playoffs in the weak National League last season.

DumpJerry
05-30-2007, 06:36 AM
People forget that Konerko said one of the big reasons he re-signed with us was the Thome deal. So if we had not traded Rowand for Thome, it's doubtful Konerko would have come back.

Rowand is a pretty good player, but he's not as good as Thome. And he's definitely not better than Thome AND Konerko.

Rowand didn't help the Phillies make the playoffs in the weak National League last season.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Having Rowand means no Konerko. Haing Rowand means poor baserunning decisions. Having Rowand means bad jumps in the outfield which are made up with risky diving catches to make up for the bad jump. Having Rowand means there is a cheerleader on the team (yipeee!). Having Rowand means threads entitled "I miss the Sox being a contender."

roadrunner
05-30-2007, 08:12 AM

Unless you became a fan in 2005 you would know that Mags and Hurt were injured in 2004. Regardless, Rowand was the best player on that team (team leader in OPS) and the fact the team didn't go anywhere is no reflection on him. As far as the rest of your argument - the Phillies didn't make the playoffs the three years they had thome (including two in which he was healthy) despite the fact that he was signed as a savior. The fact that they didn't make the playoffs yet again with Rowand is not surprising - they still had no pitching.

I agree that rowand is not the reason this team is mediocre but your arguments don't make any sense.

soxfan13
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I miss John Danks:redneck

Mr.1Dog
05-30-2007, 08:52 AM
I think the person people are really missing is Herbert Perry and not Aaron Rowand.:cool:

wdelaney72
05-30-2007, 01:10 PM
This is the greatest picture...ever.

http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/Rowand1.gif

I will once again say I can't wait for the day Aaron Rowand retires. Good God.

DumpJerry
05-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Unless you became a fan in 2005..... Regardless, Rowand was the best player on that team (team leader in OPS)
The best?????????????????????? *Dumpjerry gets up from the floor* I'm sorry, did you say the best???????????????????????

I have a minimum of eight words for you (in no particular order):
1. Buehrle
2. Contreras
3. Garland
4. Hernandez
5. Garcia
6. Jenks
7. Cotts
8. Politte
I think you became a fan in 2006. How anyone can rank any of the position players ahead of those 8 guys in 2005 is beyond me (especially a player whose baserunning resembled a drunk sailor on shore leave playing a pick-up 16 inch softball).

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 01:44 PM
The best?????????????????????? *Dumpjerry gets up from the floor* I'm sorry, did you say the best???????????????????????

I have a minimum of eight words for you (in no particular order):
1. Buehrle
2. Contreras
3. Garland
4. Hernandez
5. Garcia
6. Jenks
7. Cotts
8. Politte
I think you became a fan in 2006. How anyone can rank any of the position players ahead of those 8 guys in 2005 is beyond me (especially a player whose baserunning resembled a drunk sailor on shore leave playing a pick-up 16 inch softball).

I thought he was talking about 2004 in his quote, but nevertheless, I'm glad we have Thome right now.

DumpJerry
05-30-2007, 01:50 PM
I thought he was talking about 2004 in his quote, but nevertheless, I'm glad we have Thome right now.
You're probably right, but I would not call Rowand the best player on the '04 squad, either.

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 01:52 PM
You're probably right, but I would not call Rowand the best player on the '04 squad, either.

I agree with you on that one for a few of the same reasons(without any order):

1.) Buehrle
2.) Shingo
3.) Freddy G.
4.) PK
5.) Caballo
6.) Uribe

CLR01
05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
1. Buehrle
2. Contreras
3. Garland
4. Hernandez
5. Garcia
6. Jenks
7. Cotts
8. Politte

I agree with you on that one for a few of the same reasons(without any order):

1.) Buehrle
2.) Shingo
3.) Freddy G.
4.) PK
5.) Caballo
6.) Uribe

How many of those guy run into walls for fun? Buehrle used to do a little tarp sliding but that was only when it was raining. Rowand does it when the sun is out! He strips down to his undies, oils up with some pine tar and has a ball. That is how real men do it.

ILuvThatDuck
05-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Geoff Blum was the 05 spark.
I miss him so.

IndianWhiteSox
05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
How many of those guy run into walls for fun? Buehrle used to do a little tarp sliding but that was only when it was raining. Rowand does it when the sun is out! He strips down to his undies, oils up with some pine tar and has a ball. That is how real men do it.

What are you talking about? Damaso always used to do that in the Bullpen.
:tongue:

roadrunner
05-30-2007, 02:14 PM

I apologize if I was unclear. I only meant to state that he was the team leader in OPS - which is a pretty good measure of offensive production.

You're right about the fact that "best player" probably wasn't the most accurate term to use.

WhiteSox5187
05-30-2007, 03:44 PM
This team needs an every day left fielder and a guy with some heart...Rowand could fill that hole, but it might be too late.