PDA

View Full Version : *Official* ...... 5/28 Postgame thread

crazyozzie02
05-28-2007, 05:17 PM
man that sucked. (so does my spelling. oops.)

Joe
05-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Hell of an outing by Grandpa Contreras and the bullpen.

:dtroll:

downstairs
05-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Just blow this team up. We go on these minor tears and end up near .500 with nothing to show.

We don't suck, we're just destined for 81 wins.

Build the 2008 World Champs starting today.

hi im skot
05-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Not sure who I hate more- Our bullpen or Torii Hunter.

Glad to have Danks going tomorrow.

QCIASOXFAN
Hell of an outing by Grandpa Contreras and the bullpen.

I thought Contreras did alright.

JB98
Just as the bats are starting to come around, the pitching is heading south. Four runs off Kazmir yesterday? Pretty decent. Four runs off Santana today? I'm pleased. When the other team throws its ace, we need our pitching staff to step up and hold the opposition to three runs or less. Win a game 4-2 or 4-3 for us. The last two days, that has been too much to ask. Two very poorly pitched ball games in a row now.

hi im skot
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM

Yeah. He wasn't great by any means, but he kept us in the game. The 2 out runs we're giving up kill.

Get 'em tomorrow, gang.

JB98
05-28-2007, 05:22 PM

I thought Contreras was subpar at best. Perhaps I have higher standards for him than you.

whitesoxfan
05-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I thought Contreras was subpar at best. Perhaps I have higher standards for him than you.

I thought he was subpar as well. If the guy is going to be our ace, he has to win this game when we give him 4 runs against Santana.

And this bullpen still sucks ass.

QCIASOXFAN
05-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Just blow this team up. We go on these minor tears and end up near .500 with nothing to show.

I agree with you on that part. This team can look so good for 3 maybe 4 games, then the next week will look totally different. If our bullpen doesn't get fixed asap we will be lucky to win 81 or 82 games.

kevingrt
05-28-2007, 05:26 PM

We are oh so mediocre. At least it will be easy to get tickets come August and September.

Thome25
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Let's face it....we're just a .500 team this year. As much as I'd hate to write it we've probably seen the last of Buehrle, Dye, and/or Iguchi & Crede.

Hopefully we can get something to build toward the future with for those guys.

JB98
05-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I thought he was subpar as well. If the guy is going to be our ace, he has to win this game when we give him 4 runs against Santana.

It's hard to believe we had a 4-3 lead in the sixth and lost 10-4. This reminded me a lot of yesterday's game. At any rate, we gave Contreras the lead, and he promptly went out and pissed himself. Major fine coming for Jose from ilsox7. I expect better from a top-of-the-rotation starter like Contreras. Not a single three-up, three-down inning today against a Twins lineup that is missing its best player.

whitesoxfan
05-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Let's face it....we're just a .500 team this year. As much as I'd hate to write it we've probably seen the last of Buehrle, Dye, and/or Iguchi & Crede.

Yeah, I don't like the way we finished off the last two games, but giving up on the season already? We're only 3 behind Detroit and Cleveland is playing Boston this week on the road, so we'll see what happens there. The next two games against Minnesota look winnable.

Joe
05-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Yep, it's all over in May.

JB98
05-28-2007, 05:35 PM

I think this core group has another six weeks (roughly) to get something going. The schedule favors us in June. We need to go on a run. If we continue to meddle along at .500, we'll be 10 games out by the break. Under that scenario, KW would have to consider making major changes. When you have a team that is built to win now playing .500 ball for almost a full calendar year (dating back to July 2006), you have no choice but to shake things up.

QCIASOXFAN
05-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah you maybe right, the pen stinks so bad lately my judgments are all off.:nuts:

Joe
05-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Sheesh, some of you want KW to turn this team into the Florida Marlins.

Lay off the beer, for awhile.:smile:

JB98
05-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah you maybe right, the pen stinks so bad lately my judgments are all off.:nuts:

The hideous bullpen performance the last two days has covered up the fact that both Vazquez and Contreras did not perform up to their capabilities.

Lip Man 1
05-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Seemed like a 'typical' Metrodome win.

Punto beats out an infield single, Hunter chops one off the plate to give them the lead.

It's pretty amazing how often this type of stuff seems to happen specifically when the Sox are in town.

Lip

JB98
05-28-2007, 05:39 PM

I haven't drunk a single beer today. As I said, this core group has another six weeks to get something going. If we're .500 and 10 games out at the break, time to make some changes and look toward the future. That's the reality of the situation. Hopefully, a favorable schedule in June will lead to a lengthy Sox winning streak in the near future.

fuzzy_patters
05-28-2007, 05:43 PM

Punto beats out an infield single, Hunter chops one off the plate to give them the lead.

It's pretty amazing how often this type of stuff seems to happen specifically when the Sox are in town.

Lip

It is hard to believe that the Twins have a losing record at home. This did seem to be their usual modus operandi.

I thought that the mose disheartening thing about today's game was that the Sox seemed to give up. The played defense in the eighth inning like their heads were not in the game. That was reminiscent of September of 2006, and it is a disturbing trend.

At least we got some hits off of Santana. Maybe we can build off of this game the next time we face him.

CHISOXFAN13
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM
It is hard to believe that the Twins have a losing record at home. This did seem to be their usual modus operandi.

I thought that the mose disheartening thing about today's game was that the Sox seemed to give up. The played defense in the eighth inning like their heads were not in the game. That was reminiscent of September of 2006, and it is a disturbing trend.

At least we got some hits off of Santana. Maybe we can build off of this game the next time we face him.

It's almost harder to believe that the Sox had won like 19 of the last 32 in that dump. Feels more like 5-27.

soxtalker
05-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Lip

It was in some respects similar to what we've experienced in the Metrodome over the years. I didn't see much of the game, but didn't they get 3 or 4 infield singles?

SoxxoS
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM

Yeah, it is September and all. Oh well.

Panic at the end of June when we have an ENTIRE MONTH of playing below average teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/schedule?v=cal&m=06&y=2007

QCIASOXFAN
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
The played defense in the eighth inning like their heads were not in the game. That was reminiscent of September of 2006, and it is a disturbing trend.
I think I will back it up a bit and go with around July 15, 2006. Right about that time the trend started. I thought we would be over it this season but I see it coming back from game to game.

TDog
05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
If it were the Twins looking this bad in May or June (and it has been recently), people would be saying it's not too early to count them out. I lost track of all the infield hits the Twins got today. They took the lead on a two-out infield hit.

The fact is, Boone Logan did his job today against a tough left-handed hitter, something that Thornton didn't do Sunday, despite the belief of some that Boone Logan isn't a major leaguer. The Sox scored in three innings-- four in all -- against Santana, after scoring four runs against Kazmir Sunday.

I'm upset that the Sox lost, but blowing up the team would be counterproductive.

Corlose 15
05-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I haven't drunk a single beer today. As I said, this core group has another six weeks to get something going. If we're .500 and 10 games out at the break, time to make some changes and look toward the future. That's the reality of the situation. Hopefully, a favorable schedule in June will lead to a lengthy Sox winning streak in the near future.

Nothing that this team is doing gives me any reason to believe that they'll go on a winning streak. Since the All Star Break last year the Sox are 57 - 63.

Thats unacceptable for this team.

whitesoxfan
05-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Nothing that this team is doing gives me any reason to believe that they'll go on a winning streak. Since the All Star Break last year the Sox are 57 - 63.

Yeah, that is unacceptable. But like others have mentioned, June is a real easy slate for us. We'll turn it around...I hope.

Thome25
05-28-2007, 06:13 PM

I'd have to agree with this post. Alot of people are saying that it's still early but, you have to look at the bigger picture.

The Sox have been playing like crap since '06 and this is still relatively the same team as last year. It's might be time to say that this is just a bad mix of players.

Maybe KW should've brought back the entire '05 team (except the bullpen) and let them have a chance at a second title. It sure is better than the alternative we have right now.

MCHSoxFan
05-28-2007, 06:14 PM
This is what I think when I am thinkng about how far back the Sox are in the standings. Just look at the 2005 HOU team. At one point during the season, they were 15-30. 15 games UNDER .500. Then, went all the way to the WS to play us. There is one thing to keep in mind, however, that is the NL CENTRAL. The Sox are in the AL CENTRAL. And in 2007, that's a BIG difference.

Bill Naharodny
05-28-2007, 06:38 PM
The hideous bullpen performance the last two days has covered up the fact that both Vazquez and Contreras did not perform up to their capabilities.

JB, problem is, I think that is exactly Vazquez's capability. We will rue the day that we paid the man all that money.

CHISOXFAN13
05-28-2007, 06:59 PM
There is one thing to keep in mind, however, that is the NL CENTRAL. The Sox are in the AL CENTRAL. And in 2007, that's a BIG difference.

How is that helpful then? :?:

gosiu
05-28-2007, 07:06 PM
This is what I think when I am thinkng about how far back the Sox are in the standings. Just look at the 2005 HOU team. At one point during the season, they were 15-30. 15 games UNDER .500. Then, went all the way to the WS to play us. There is one thing to keep in mind, however, that is the NL CENTRAL. The Sox are in the AL CENTRAL. And in 2007, that's a BIG difference.
For all the talk about the ****tness of the NL Central, in 2005, the Cardinals, of the NLC, won 100 games.

So what's your point anyway?

BoysMom3
05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Gosh, I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm starting to feel like you guys who feel like you shouldn't go to the game because they always lose when you go. The last 2 days we've been up, so I go off to the pool with my kids. Yesterday my oldest showed up at the pool with the final score, and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was safe when I left with our lead today. That is, until my husband showed up later to fill me in on the 5 runs our bullpen gave up since I left. I feel like I should start staying home until the game is over! :angry:

QCIASOXFAN
05-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Gosh, I'm not superstitious at all, but I'm starting to feel like you guys who feel like you shouldn't go to the game because they always lose when you go. The last 2 days we've been up, so I go off to the pool with my kids. Yesterday my oldest showed up at the pool with the final score, and I couldn't believe it. I thought I was safe when I left with our lead today. That is, until my husband showed up later to fill me in on the 5 runs our bullpen gave up since I left. I feel like I should start staying home until the game is over! :angry:
Unless we get into the 8th inning and go to Thorton then give it to Jenks in the 9th no lead is safe at the moment. Those two can't pitch in every ballgame though.:(:

SOXSINCE'70
05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
The season is far from over,but it's time for this
team to take its collective head out of its ass and
start executing on offense. :angry:

champagne030
05-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah, it is September and all. Oh well.

Panic at the end of June when we have an ENTIRE MONTH of playing below average teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/chw/schedule?v=cal&m=06&y=2007

Just for clarification, when is it okay to take off the Pollyanna dress, put down the Kool-Aid and start addressing issues this team has???

PaulDrake
05-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Just for clarification, when is it okay to take off the Pollyanna dress, put down the Kool-Aid and start addressing issues this team has??? A team that Corlose 15 has shown us, is not very good over its last 120 games or so.

sox1970
05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Glad I enjoyed the nice weather in Minneapolis by shooting a 101. Still better than going to the Dome and seeing Contreras not cover first.

I'll bring home a winner tomorrow night.

GlassSox
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Just for clarification, when is it okay to take off the Pollyanna dress, put down the Kool-Aid and start addressing issues this team has???

I would suggest that now is the time but I'm not sure who is going to do it! :?:

chisoxfanatic
05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I should've never awaken from my mid-day slumber! I turned on the TV with the bases loaded and Torii Hunter at the plate in the bottom of the sixth inning. :angry:

Pathetic! Oh, and when will they do away with that dump! I wouldn't doubt they still use that a/c system to their advantage.

Joe
05-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Masset needs to replace Grandpa Contreras, in the rotation.

MRM
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Um, I don't care who started on opening day, Contreras most certainly is NOT the ace of this staff. That would be Garland, followed by Buehrle.

MRM
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Masset needs to replace Grandpa Contreras, in the rotation.

Based on one start?

DickAllen72
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Not sure who I hate more- Our bullpen or Torii Hunter.

Glad to have Danks going tomorrow.
Torii is a winner and he owns the Sox. Wish we had him and a few more like him.

MRM
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM

That started on opening day. Thing is, rational fans don't always agree on what the "issues" are. Irrational fans just fan the flames.

I must say this is the first time I've ever heard Sox fans referred to as "pollyanna" or Kool-Aid drinkers. Typically it's the exact opposite. Like the guy in "Major League" who kept saying they'll blow it in the playoffs or they'll blow it in the world series. Sox fans are quite cynical.

ondafarm
05-28-2007, 08:35 PM

Contreras got us thru six and had a one run lead, why he wasn't yanked when one man got on or to start the inning (he'd pitched nearly 100 pitches) is beyond me. Not every guy is ready to go a complete game everytime out.

Contreras pitched well enough to win 6IP 3R allowed. In a close race where victories matter, getting a starting pitcher out one batter too early is a lot less of a sin than one batter too late.

Was I making the call at the time? Certainly after one runner got on I was. Ozzie, with superior knowledge of Contreras should have known even better and IMHO is not doing his job.

MRM
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM

And to have so many problems yet STILL be 2 games over .500 at this point is fantastic. Nobody is running away with it in the Central so there is time. Whether or not the Sox have the right plan remains to be seen.

Palpidious
05-28-2007, 08:46 PM

they have one more title than we have in the past 14 years

NSSoxFan
05-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Aside from the usual bullpen implosion that we've been seeing the past two weeks, I think our hitters did a very good job today. When the game was 3-0 I never would have thought they would come back and take the lead, even though they blew it in the next half-inning.

Go out there and take the next two and take the series.

SoxxoS
05-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Every team has issues - All I am saying is that when you face Scott Kazmir and Santana back to back, 60-75% of the time, a team is going to go 0-2. Those are 2 of the top 5 arms in the AL. If we were on a three game winning streak, the Sox would still be the same team, but they wouldn't be looked at so critically as they are with these threads.

At the end of June, if the Sox aren't in 2nd place or near striking distance, THEN it's time to panic.

Blueprint1
05-28-2007, 09:14 PM
ESPN seems to think that AJ fired up the Twins and allowed them to win the game. I think that our bullpen has been bad lately and it has nothing to do with AJ.

PaulDrake
05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Every team has issues - All I am saying is that when you face Scott Kazmir and Santana back to back, 60-75% of the time, a team is going to go 0-2. If you're willing to mail in games like that, then don't expect to be playing after the regular season is concluded.

gobears1987
05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Based on one start?yeah tell me about it. He looked pretty damn good earlier this month.

SoxxoS
05-28-2007, 09:29 PM
If you're willing to mail in games like that, then don't expect to be playing after the regular season is concluded.

When did I say that?

All I am saying its not the end of the world to lose to Kazmir and Santana back to back. That happens when you face pitchers like that.

DrCrawdad
05-28-2007, 09:38 PM
ESPN seems to think that AJ fired up the Twins and allowed them to win the game. I think that our bullpen has been bad lately and it has nothing to do with AJ.

I think Gardenhire used the AJ thing (real or imagined) to fire up his team and the crowd. Our porous relief core didn't help and may be they were more responsible than the Gardenhire's AJ act but Gardenhire deserves an Oscar for his performance and what transpired afterward.

PaulDrake
05-28-2007, 09:52 PM
When did I say that?

All I am saying its not the end of the world to lose to Kazmir and Santana back to back. That happens when you face pitchers like that. Not trying to fight with you, just trying to disagree, debate, or whatever you want to call it. The Kazmirs and Santanas are the caliber of pitchers you face in the playoffs. You can't be the 60%, 75% or whatever of teams that you think will go 0-2 against them. I don't want the Sox to be the team that is probably going to go 0-2 here, I want Kazmir and Santana to wish they weren't pitching against the Sox.

thomas35forever
05-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, at least we put up four runs against Santana. That's gotta be a record for our most recent history against him.

DickAllen72
05-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Indians and Tigers lost! :bandance:

champagne030
05-28-2007, 10:43 PM
At the end of June, if the Sox aren't in 2nd place or near striking distance, THEN it's time to panic.

I understand the last three Sox games were against Shields, Kazmir and Santana. The point of my post was that we should have won all three games. We led the Flubs, in the 7th inning all three games and lost two of three. We had the lead on Santana and Kazmir, but blew it. Our bullpen blows at this point.

Yes, today was typical Twinkie hits.... bloop, bleeder, 99 foot bouncer off the plate, ect. We have issues, I'm just trying to clarify when it's okay to discuss them and not be a dark cloud to even raise the issue.

People who wear the Pollyanna dresses and Depends need not respond.

chisoxmike
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM

I think our lockdown bullpen had more to do with firing the Twins up. Hopefully the Sox wont make Cy Young candidates out of Boof Bonser and Scott Baker. We'll see. Go Sox, as always.

FedEx227
05-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep, it's all over in May.

Unfortunately history is not on the Sox side.

Look at the May 28th records of the postseason teams for the past 5 years.

Det: 35-15
Oak: 23-27
NYY: 28-20
MIN: 23-26

CWS: 33-16
LAA: 29-20
BOS: 26-22
NYY: 27-22

BOS: 30-18
NYY: 29-18
ANA: 29-19
MIN: 26-21

NYY: 31-22
BOS: 31-21
MIN: 31-20
OAK: 29-22

ANA: 28-20
MIN: 30-22
NYY: 35-18
OAK: 24-26

chisoxmike
05-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately history is not on the Sox side.

...also don't forget the Sox dont do a very good job of playing "catch up." In '05 they went wire to wire and in 2000, they held 1st place for the majority of the season.

In 2003 & 2006 they dug a hole and could never get over the hump.

FedEx227
05-28-2007, 11:46 PM
...also don't forget the Sox dont do a very good job of playing "catch up." In '05 they went wire to wire and in 2000, they held 1st place for the majority of the season.

Exactly. A majority of the teams with the pretty mediocre records in the years I mentioned (Minnesota and Oakland) are notorious for HUGE catch-ups. Hell, the 2002 Athletics won 20 straight games and last years Twins were unstoppable from late July-September.

Navarro's Talent
05-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Bad game. There's really not much else to say.

I just hope they can find a hot streak and fast. They need to pick up the pace.

Mad Dog
05-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Not a smart move by A.J. IMO to rile the AL MVP up.

That was dirty to see him try to injure Morneau.

I think A.J. will get a hit in the head tommorow. As a Twins fan, I would be dissapointed if he did not get hit.

That move can only motivate the Twins to beat the White Sox.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:24 AM
When did I say that?

All I am saying its not the end of the world to lose to Kazmir and Santana back to back. That happens when you face pitchers like that.

But we had a sixth-inning lead in both games. And we didn't lose because Kazmir and Santana shut us down. We scored four runs off both of them. The opposing pitcher was not the reason we lost today or yesterday. We lost because OUR PITCHING was hopelessly inept.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:27 AM

I think A.J. will get a hit in the head tommorow. As a Twins fan, I would be dissapointed if he did not get hit.

Yeah, AJ sure riled Morneau up. Is that why Morneau bounced out weakly with the bases loaded in the sixth and struck out with the bases loaded in the eighth?

Mad Dog
05-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah, AJ sure riled Morneau up. Is that why Morneau bounced out weakly with the bases loaded in the sixth and struck out with the bases loaded in the eighth?

Bottom line. Twins won.

End of story.

I guess A.J. can enjoy this little personal win he had.

RadioheadRocks
05-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Bottom line. Twins won.

End of story.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:31 AM
JB, problem is, I think that is exactly Vazquez's capability. We will rue the day that we paid the man all that money.

Actually, I agree with you. I'm a known, card-carrying Vazquez-hater. He has two or three starts that are lights out, and everyone claims he is on his way to 20 wins. Then, he has about eight mediocre-to-bad outings in a row. People try to explain it away by talking about how good his stuff is, but the bottom line is the guy is a .500 pitcher. We never should have traded three players for him. We never should have signed him to an extension. Now, we get to watch him go 12-14 for the next three years in a White Sox uniform.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Bottom line. Twins won.

End of story.

And you can enjoy the view from fourth place for the rest of the year. End of story.

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2007, 12:37 AM
I must say this is the first time I've ever heard Sox fans referred to as "pollyanna" or Kool-Aid drinkers.You should have been here in September 2005 to see the opposing camps calling each other names.

People who wear the Pollyanna dresses and Depends need not respond.It's not the Pollyannas who are wetting their undergarments.

I'm not sure how I think about this squad yet. Common sense would say that there is enough talent to compete for a playoff spot. We've had a period of solid pitching with no hitting, followed immediately by the hitting waking up and the pitching going on sabbatical. You still have to think there will be a stretch where both are working.

gobears1987

If we didn't lay down for the Twinkies in September 2003, then the season may have turned out differently.

CHISOXFAN13

So you come on a White Sox site wishing for a Sox player to get hit in the head? Get a grip.

****ing troll. Get lost.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:39 AM
So you come on a White Sox site wishing for a Sox player to get hit in the head? Get a grip.

****ing troll. Get lost.

Twins fans don't have much of a life. I remember they raided this site in full force with their trolling after Masset gave up that HR to Morneau earlier this month. Strangely, they were nowhere to be found when the Sox came back and took the next two in their precious dome.

CHISOXFAN13
05-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Twins fans don't have much of a life. I remember they raided this site in full force with their trolling after Masset gave up that HR to Morneau earlier this month. Strangely, they were nowhere to be found when the Sox came back and took the next two in their precious dome.

And I expect the result to be the same the next 48 hours so you are probably right. They'll all be quiet.

oeo
05-29-2007, 12:41 AM

Where did you see anything on that replay? I mean, it's so zoomed in you could definitely tell that AJ tried stepping on his foot. I honestly didn't see a thing, so unless you have some zoomed in views, you didn't either.

You want Boof to hit AJ in the head tomorrow? Good...he'll be out for quite a few games if he even had the guts to do it.

And Morneau is an ******* just like Pierzynski, so don't come here thinking your guy is the good guy. He won the MVP by default last year, anyway.

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Where did you see anything on that replay? I mean, it's so zoomed in you could definitely tell that AJ tried stepping on his foot. I honestly didn't see a thing, so unless you have some zoomed in views, you didn't either.

You want Boof to hit AJ in the head tomorrow? Good...he'll be out for quite a few games if he even had the guts to do it.

And Morneau is an ******* just like Pierzynski, so don't come here thinking your guy is the good guy. He won the MVP by default last year, anyway.

Yes default... or hitting .321/.375/.559, 34 HR, 130 RBIs

I'm not a Twins fan by any means, just saying.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:50 AM

Don't stick up for the trolls.

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Don't stick up for the trolls.

I'm not at all. They are annoying as hell. But must we as Sox fans look just as dumb as them by claiming Morneau didn't fairly win the MVP award when he clearly had an absolute monster season?

oeo
05-29-2007, 12:54 AM

Did I say he didn't have a good season? If the White Sox or Red Sox make the playoffs, Dye or Ortiz would have won. Since they didn't, it basically fell into Morneau's lap. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but there were guys out there that had better years that could have won.

JB98
05-29-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm not at all. They are annoying as hell. But must we as Sox fans look just as dumb as them by claiming Morneau didn't fairly win the MVP award when he clearly had an absolute monster season?

We're utterly petty and biased here though. **** the Twins. **** their fans. **** their dome. **** their whole organization. I'd rather drown myself in Lake Michigan than give those *******s credit for anything. I'm not real concerned what a Twins troll thinks of me. If he thinks I'm "dumb," then good. **** him.

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 01:02 AM
We're utterly petty and biased here though. **** the Twins. **** their fans. **** their dome. **** their whole organization. I'd rather drown myself in Lake Michigan than give those *******s credit for anything. I'm not real concerned what a Twins troll thinks of me. If he thinks I'm "dumb," then good. **** him.

Intelligent baseball discussion called they want their forum back.

QCIASOXFAN
05-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Is that you Nick Punto?!

FedEx227
05-29-2007, 01:22 AM
Good god, sorry for defending a player who was well-deserving of an MVP award.

I suppose since I'm a White Sox fan I should absolutely hate Grady Sizemore, Joe Mauer and Johan Santana because they play for our rival teams. Nevermind, the fact that they are tremendous baseball players, and as a fan of baseball I like to watch them play.

Forget that, I'm a TOTALLY biased Sox fan who can't stand anything about any other team just because of my simiring rage and jealousy that they topped us for the division the past 10 years, let's just completely forget that we've won a World Series in that time period and instead focus on how much we hate them because they take advantage of our mistakes.

Makes sense. Wouldn't want to present ourselves as any type of level-minded, intelligent baseball fans. When did White Sox fans becoming so Red Sox with our feuds?

WhiteSox5187
05-29-2007, 01:30 AM
To that moron Twins fan who is saying that Boof should hit AJ, fine, let him do that, and then AJ will charge the mound and tear Boof in half and eat his still beating heart. You do not mess with AJ, he is the Polish God of War and will bring down a terrible vegenace upon those who do not stand in his good graces.

As for the game, look, El Hombre Viejo is not our ace. Not anymore. This isn't the same guy from the second part of 2005. He's our third best pitcher. Now the bullpen just sucks and Kenny needs to fix that right NOW. If it keeps pitching like this, we're an eighty five win team at best. We're starting to hit (we scored four runs off of Santana for Christ's sake!) but the bullpen is really really letting us down. Our starters are leaving the game with it being close, it's the bullpen that screws it up.

crazyozzie02
05-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Epic rant my friend. this one is going into my favoirte rants of all time list. After taking some considerable time to cool off (didnt want to get banned again), i still think that it is frustrating to all hell. like Nellie said, you would think that the offense would start hitting at the same time that the pitchers started to get hot. I dont know if that will happen. Im not throwing in the towel by all means, i just have a feeling that it might be a see-saw kind of year with that kind of stuff, and that this year might turn out to be just like the frustrating years of 2001-2004 where the same kind of things happened. The good thing is that there is still a lot of baseball to be played and i hope this team turns it around quick and proves all the nay-sayers wrong

Soxfest
05-29-2007, 01:43 AM
KW job of putting bullpen together is HORRID!:angry:

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2007, 01:45 AM
KW job of putting bullpen together is HORRID!:angry:"Experts" all over the place were saying this was perhaps the best bullpen in the league a month ago.

It's a talented but YOUNG bullpen; young players are very inconsistent.

Man Soo Lee
05-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Contreras got us thru six and had a one run lead, why he wasn't yanked when one man got on or to start the inning (he'd pitched nearly 100 pitches) is beyond me. Not every guy is ready to go a complete game everytime out.

Contreras pitched well enough to win 6IP 3R allowed. In a close race where victories matter, getting a starting pitcher out one batter too early is a lot less of a sin than one batter too late.

Was I making the call at the time? Certainly after one runner got on I was. Ozzie, with superior knowledge of Contreras should have known even better and IMHO is not doing his job.

It appears Ozzie had superior knowledge of what inning it was. Contreras only lasted 5 1/3. Given the recent performance of the bullpen, trying to get through six with Contreras seems reasonable.

QCIASOXFAN
05-29-2007, 02:55 AM
To that moron Twins fan who is saying that Boof should hit AJ, fine, let him do that, and then AJ will charge the mound and tear Boof in half and eat his still beating heart. You do not mess with AJ, he is the Polish God of War and will bring down a terrible vegenace upon those who do not stand in his good graces.
This is sig material right here!:lol:

Nellie_Fox
05-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Ozzie, with superior knowledge of Contreras should have known even better and IMHO is not doing his job.There's a shocker; onda thinks Ozzie isn't doing his job.

Surprise us some time when you think he makes a good move.

crazyozzie02
05-29-2007, 03:03 AM
There's a shocker; onda thinks Ozzie isn't doing his job.

Surprise us some time when you think he makes a good move.

there is a better chance of hell freezing over and pigs flying ON THE SAME DAY than onda ever thinking that ozzie made a good move.

oeo
05-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Look at what you're typing here. Look at this bullpen and please tell me you want to go to it right now? Unless our starter gets into the eighth, where we can use Thornton and Jenks, we're screwed. So what do you want Ozzie to do? He's trying to hold the bullpen out of the game, to give us a chance to win. It's just like you to ignore what's going on, so you can prove your "point."

"Experts" all over the place were saying this was perhaps the best bullpen in the league a month ago.

It's a talented but YOUNG bullpen; young players are very inconsistent.

Wow, someone that actually remembers a month ago...

I wish these people would look back at the 2 or 3 threads about how good the bullpen was, or on how it is was the best in the league. Some people tried to tell them not to name it the best in the league because it would have its ups and downs. Right now, we're at a down-point. It sucks, but that doesn't mean the bullpen sucks.

there is a better chance of hell freezing over and pigs flying ON THE SAME DAY than onda ever thinking that ozzie made a good move.

What he's thinking or what he says he thinks? Because I think they're two entirely different things. He's just trying to prove his "point", and will cherry pick examples to do so. I guarantee he doesn't feel badly about all Ozzie's moves...because how could he?

IndianWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Look at what you're typing here. Look at this bullpen and please tell me you want to go to it right now? Unless our starter gets into the eighth, where we can use Thornton and Jenks, we're screwed. So what do you want Ozzie to do? He's trying to hold the bullpen out of the game, to give us a chance to win. It's just like you to ignore what's going on, so you can prove your "point."

Wow, someone that actually remembers a month ago...

I wish these people would look back at the 2 or 3 threads about how good the bullpen was, or on how it is was the best in the league. Some people tried to tell them not to name it the best in the league because it would have its ups and downs. Right now, we're at a down-point. It sucks, but that doesn't mean the bullpen sucks.

What he's thinking or what he says he thinks? Because I think they're two entirely different things. He's just trying to prove his "point", and will cherry pick examples to do so. I guarantee he doesn't feel badly about all Ozzie's moves...because how could he?

You're talking about a guy who started a Fire Ozzie thread. Here it is for proof:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87033

russ99
05-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Ozzie needs to re-institute that old 7-inning rule for all the starters, like in 2005.

The bullpen looks a lot worse than they really are since the starters aren't going very long this year. It would be interesting to compare the Sox bullpen IP's/G's vs other teams this year, since to me Ozzie's been using 4-5 guys each day.

PaulDrake
05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Not a big Ozzie fan here, but in fairness at this point he has to be praying that his starting pitchers can go at least into the 8th. The bullpen hasn't been bad of late, it's been horrendous. Can't blame that on Ozzie.

jabrch
05-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Lots of stupid stuff in this thread. I'd like this nominated for dumbest thread yet this year.