PDA

View Full Version : Who is this Guy Day?

kruzer31
05-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Dewon Day? More like Dewon Day I pitch in the big leagues and the next day i get sent down

Jeff

hi im skot
05-28-2007, 05:08 PM
His defense sure isn't helping him out.

kevingrt
05-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Dewon Day? More like Dewon Day I pitch in the big leagues and the next day i get sent down

Jeff

He is eww from Double AA. Why didn't Prenz or Vasquez get called up?

And holy smokes Logan tried to get out of a jam today. Mr.AA had to screw it up though.

y2j2785
05-28-2007, 07:31 PM

And holy smokes Logan tried to get out of a jam today. Mr.AA had to screw it up though.

Im guessing its because Day was averaging like 17 K's per 9IP in the minors.

Law11
05-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Frame the uniform you were given on your way back down....

Sargeant79
05-28-2007, 07:39 PM

"Mr. AA" had very little to do with this loss...they were down 8-4 by the time he entered the game.

KyWhiSoxFan
05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
"Mr. AA" had very little to do with this loss...they were down 8-4 by the time he entered the game.

He was referring to Aardsma, who came in after Logan got Morneau out, and then the floodgates opened up.

pdr
05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks like I picked Dewon Day to...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/mistermet1986/airplane-lloyd-bridges-sniff-glue.jpg
:tongue:

lumpyspun
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I think Jenks could have been considered "Mr. AA" at one point too.

Harry Potter
05-28-2007, 10:20 PM

:gulp:

whitesoxfan
05-28-2007, 11:19 PM

He was referring to Aardsma, but yeah I agree with you. Way too early to start criticizing Day. He didn't have the best D behind him today either. Like I said in the thread in the minor league section, he has great stuff. It's just a matter of piecing it all together.

He has a mid 90's fastball and a real good slider. He made guys down in AA look silly at times. But his control is going to be a concern, which is entirely why I was surprised he was called up seeing how we have enough of those type of guys in our pen already.

oeo
05-28-2007, 11:27 PM
He was referring to Aardsma, who came in after Logan got Morneau out, and then the floodgates opened up.

Aardsma made pitches to get out of that jam. If not for the incredible bounce in that crappy dome, that's an easy play for Uribe and we leave the inning with a 4-4 tie. I hate that dome.

A. Cavatica
05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is a bad series for Day's ML debut? Here's a guy who struck out nearly two per inning thanks to a hard sinker, and who also allowed a baserunner and a half per inning. So why not throw him into the fray against a team of selective hitters, in a stadium where ground balls are likely to scoot through?

FedEx227
05-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is a bad series for Day's ML debut? Here's a guy who struck out nearly two per inning thanks to a hard sinker, and who also allowed a baserunner and a half per inning. So why not throw him into the fray against a team of selective hitters, in a stadium where ground balls are likely to scoot through?

God only knows. The Sox seem to have an obsession with playing guys right when they bring them up. I remember us throwing Logan right into the fray last year. I'd for them to see what a guys got and maybe wait a couple of games before throwing him out there.

LongLiveFisk
05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks like I picked Dewon Day to...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/mistermet1986/airplane-lloyd-bridges-sniff-glue.jpg
:tongue:

I know what you mean...when I read it I was thinking it was a new promotion or something. "Halfway to St Patrick's Day", "Batting Helmet Day"..."Who is This Guy Day"....:tongue: