PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Freel Collision

infohawk
05-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Apparently Ryan Freel and another outfielder collided a little while ago. Believe it or not, I found this on the Drudge Report of all places. Freel was taken to the hospital in an ambulance after a 13 minute game delay. No details yet forthcoming.

anewman35
05-28-2007, 01:10 PM
From rotoworld:
Ryan Freel left Monday's game in the third inning on a stretcher after a collision with right fielder Norris Hopper.
Freel got turned around and may have suffered whiplash when he and Hopper went shoulder-to-shoulder. Hopper was fine, but Freel was put into a neck brace and was still motionless coming off the field. The hope is the stretcher was simply a precautionary move, but it looks like Freel is DL bound. Norris Hopper will play center until Josh Hamilton returns later this week.

PKalltheway
05-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Apparently Ryan Freel and another outfielder collided a little while ago. Believe it or not, I found this on the Drudge Report of all places. Freel was taken to the hospital in an ambulance after a 13 minute game delay. No details yet forthcoming.
I watched the whole ordeal yesterday. Not good. He wasn't moving at all.:(: Just when things seemed like they couldn't possibly get any worse for the Reds, that happens. Best of luck to Freel in his recovery.

WhiteSoxJunkie
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Baseball Tonight did a thing on his top 5 defensive plays. I never realized this guy is such a great fielder. He has played 3rd and the outfield. The #1 play was the diving catch he made near the 3rd base dugout at Wrigley a few years back.

eriqjaffe
05-29-2007, 04:23 PM
So I guess this will scuttle a few people's trade proposal thread ideas, if nothing else...

getonbckthr
05-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Baseball Tonight did a thing on his top 5 defensive plays. I never realized this guy is such a great fielder. He has played 3rd and the outfield. The #1 play was the diving catch he made near the 3rd base dugout at Wrigley a few years back.
Diving catches don't make you a great fielder. In fact most cases it means your an average or even bad outfielder who got lucky (see Aaron "bad routes" Rowand).