PDA

View Full Version : Dewon Day

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Dewon Day got the call to the Bigs yesterday...go get'em d-day

Lillian
05-28-2007, 08:27 AM
Dewon Day got the call to the Bigs yesterday...go get'em d-day

Where did you read that? Do you have a link?

rdivaldi
05-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Sisco got sent down, but I don't see why they would call Day up. He's been very inconsistent and has lost his job as Birmingham's closer. It would make much more sense to bring up Vasquez.

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Where did you read that? Do you have a link?
No link...just trust me on that. Heard it from a reliable source yesterday.

A. Cavatica
05-28-2007, 10:05 AM

With a track record like yours? Of course we trust you.

Day's got a WHIP north of 1.5. He's not the answer.

WizardsofOzzie
05-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Let me guess. You heard KW on his cell phone at the airport right? :rolleyes:

tacosalbarojas
05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
ESPN 1000 also reporting it will be Day getting the call.

Scottiehaswheels
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Well, flamethrower.. Tell us what to expect from him please...

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, flamethrower.. Tell us what to expect from him please...
D-day has a plus fastball in the mid 90's and a wicked slider (when its on). He can make guys look sick at the plate.

Let's face it he can't do much worse than some of the guys up there now coming out of the pen...

Scottiehaswheels
05-28-2007, 11:43 AM
D-day has a plus fastball in the mid 90's and a wicked slider (when its on). He can make guys look sick at the plate.

Let's face it he can't do much worse than some of the guys up there now coming out of the pen...TY, I take it you've seen some of his work... Does he dance around the plate and nimble a lot or go right after guys?

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 11:56 AM
TY, I take it you've seen some of his work... Does he dance around the plate and nimble a lot or go right after guys?
He usually goes right after guys. You never know what to expect with with your big league debut though...

Scottiehaswheels
05-28-2007, 11:57 AM
He usually goes right after guys. You never know what to expect with with your big league debut though...Cool, thanks. I take it you've seen him live a few times or so?

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Cool, thanks. I take it you've seen him live a few times or so?
Yeah about half a dozen times. I like him...

Scottiehaswheels
05-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Well he's been assigned #60, hope he's phenomenal... we need it

whitesoxfan
05-28-2007, 12:12 PM
He has high potential, but this move could also be pretty risky. I really like him, but IMO he's just another guy that has great stuff but can be really wild at times. I thought we would add someone to the pen that has a little bit more control.

WizardsofOzzie
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Looks like I owe you an apology flamethrower. Of course you can understand our skepticism. Most times when new posters come in with low post counts and say they have "sources" it's bull****. So I apologize for doubting you!

flamethrower
05-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Looks like I owe you an apology flamethrower. Of course you can understand our skepticism. Most times when new posters come in with low post counts and say they have "sources" it's bull****. So I apologize for doubting you!
No apology needed. I understand. I dont/wont post much on the board but when I do it won't be out of speculation. I knew yesterday and when I saw so many people on the site thinking of different AAA guys I thought I would just clear the speculation.

Hopefully he can deal up there...

gobears1987
05-28-2007, 01:42 PM
He has high potential, but this move could also be pretty risky. I really like him, but IMO he's just another guy that has great stuff but can be really wild at times. I thought we would add someone to the pen that has a little bit more control.That's what Thornton was when we got him from the M's.