PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Road Hotels

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Anyone know which hotel the Sox are staying at in Pittsburgh or how I can find out??? I am hitting up PNC in a few weeks and was hoping to see them.

Thanks

ChiSox524
05-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Westin convention center

DaBearsSoxBulls3
05-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Westin convention center

thanks...how did you know that??

Viva Medias B's
05-27-2007, 10:11 PM
What about Cleveland?

ChiSox524
05-27-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks...how did you know that??
It was in last years media guide. For some reason they don't put the White Sox hotel for any city in this years one.

ChiSox524
05-27-2007, 10:18 PM
What about Cleveland?
Ritz Carlton.

dllrbll7
05-27-2007, 10:20 PM
It was in last years media guide. For some reason they don't put the White Sox hotel for any city in this years one.

Thats what I use the media guide for mostly....then again if they change which hotel they are at, im sure people get pissed at them.

Brian26
05-27-2007, 10:30 PM
For some reason they don't put the White Sox hotel for any city in this years one.

Based on some of the stories we heard about the Pittsburgh trip last year, I can think of a lot of reasons why the Sox might want to keep their hotel locations a bit more secretive.

It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where they were staying, but it might cut down a bit on the traffic.

DumpJerry
05-27-2007, 10:34 PM
When I was in Baltimore last year, we went to the Sox' hotel. There were signs in the lobby stating that if you were not a guest, get lost.

Viva Medias B's
05-27-2007, 10:46 PM
The Ritz Carlton in Cleveland. I can afford that! Typically, I stay at a different hotel. However, you can hook up with Sox personnel by going to the hotel bar of the team hotel. Those are public places, and I suspect the hotel cannot stop you from going there. I went on the road trip to New York in 2005 and went to the Grand Hyatt bar (when I was staying at a Best Western on Times Square for $99 per night = a steal in Midtown Manhattan!) after the Monday game. That night, I was able to hang out with several players and personnel from the Sox including John Rooney, Paul Konerko, Aaron Rowand, and Ozzie Jr.

The hotel bar of where the Sox are staying is usually a great place to interact with Sox personnel.

ChiSox524
05-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Another way to be sure of the hotel is go onto the opponets online media guide and see if they list it there. For example the Pirates one below (pg. 379).

http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/pressbox/downloads/y2007/pit/general.pdf

DumpJerry
05-28-2007, 12:35 AM
The Ritz Carlton in Cleveland. I can afford that! Typically, I stay at a different hotel. However, you can hook up with Sox personnel by going to the hotel bar of the team hotel. Those are public places, and I suspect the hotel cannot stop you from going there. I went on the road trip to New York in 2005 and went to the Grand Hyatt bar (when I was staying at a Best Western on Times Square for $99 per night = a steal in Midtown Manhattan!) after the Monday game. That night, I was able to hang out with several players and personnel from the Sox including John Rooney, Paul Konerko, Aaron Rowand, and Ozzie Jr.

The hotel bar of where the Sox are staying is usually a great place to interact with Sox personnel.
The hotel bar in Baltimore was closed for the night. Somebody did not want us there.:angry:

ewokpelts
05-28-2007, 01:36 AM
My buddy's staying at the Grand Hyatt for the Yankee Series later this season. He got it cheap through one of the hotel websites, but didnt know the Sox were staying there until after he made reservations.

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Those are public places, and I suspect the hotel cannot stop you from going there.Of course they can, if they want to. Bars are not "public places," they are private property with public access. Civil rights law prevents them from barring members of protected groups if their status is why they're being denied entry, but other than that they can keep you out for pretty much any reason they want.