PDA

View Full Version : *Official* I Guess I'll StartThe 5-27 Post-Game Thread

DickAllen72
05-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Bad loss. Losing Ozuna is huge. Sisco is gone, too bad MacDougal couldn't go with him.

If the Sox fall short in making the playoffs this year, it will have been because Konerko and Dye didn't do their jobs for the first two months of the season. I'm still holding out hope that the Sox get it together in time, however.

TDog
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Bad loss. Losing Ozuna is huge. Sisco is gone, too bad MacDougal couldn't go with him.

If the Sox fall short in making the playoffs this year, it will have been because Konerko and Dye didn't do their jobs for the first two months of the season.

This was the game that should have been rained out. I felt that way Saturday just looking at the pitching matchups.

Tampa Bay is now only 1 game behind the Yankees.

Droso5
05-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow. It's pretty quiet in here....a little too quiet if you ask me.

Jerko
05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Note to Spasquez: DO NOT WALK GREG NORTON, EVER.

Note to Ozzie: If the game is tied, and there's a guy on base, and Crawford is up, and Norton is on deck: WALK CRAWFORD!!!!!!!!!!! Awful awful game. Crawford lefty against Thornton is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Norton righty against Thornton........... Mac, Sisco, you both should be gone. Horrendous.

Oh, asking Hall to bunt was a great move too. Keep it up guys!

Lip Man 1
05-27-2007, 05:08 PM
It seems to have been one thing after another after another all year long.

If it isn't injuries, it's been numerous family situations...just bizarre. That's certainly part of the reason Ozzie has had to use so many different lineups.

I agree with those talking about the bullpen. I could see Sisco, MacDougle and Logan all being shipped out but who do you replace them with?

It's still far to early to make deals...Kenny appears to be between a rock and a hard place.

Lip

tebman
05-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Not good at all. It seems like these guys lost the operating manual.

Maybe we should start a PTC thread on who's going to start showing up, because most of the Sox sure aren't. :mad:

TDog
05-27-2007, 05:16 PM

If it isn't injuries, it's been numerous family situations...just bizarre. That's certainly part of the reason Ozzie has had to use so many different lineups.

I agree with those talking about the bullpen. I could see Sisco, MacDougle and Logan all being shipped out but who do you replace them with?

It's still far to early to make deals...Kenny appears to be between a rock and a hard place.

Lip

I agree with you for the most part. It's been an odd season. But I think Logan has been doing well as the early situational lefty.

I don't think the problem is the manager asking an easy doubleplay candidate to sacrifice. Had Hall moved up the runners, the Sox probably wouldn't have scored with Uribe and Terrero overmatched. Hall ended up getting his cuts and the Sox still didn't score. Kazmir seemed a better pitcher when he was behind in the count.

Madvora
05-27-2007, 05:20 PM
A lot of people are looking at the Sox still hanging in there as good news, but that shouldn't be the bright part of the season. This team was built well enough to win with what we have, but I can't expect them to do better than 3rd place playing like this.
We shouldn't be happy that we're in third place, but just not that far in third place.
With teams like Detroit and Cleveland ahead of us it's really going to take a lot to win this year and that's not a slight improvement over what we're currently doing, that's a significant improvement needed. I just wish I knew what would do it.

Blueprint1
05-27-2007, 05:23 PM
We didnt hit agiain. The bullpen has not been getting the job done. If we continue to play like this we are a .500 ballclub.

peeonwrigley
05-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Lip

Is it really too early to make deals? Its Memorial Day, and the bullpen definitely needs a "shake up" to say the least. And given the status of Pablo and Pods, if you can get a solid every day outfielder you might have to pull the trigger on that, as well. What good will waiting do?

Jerko
05-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow, I guess people can't bitch about 50 page post game threads after losses anymore...........

Lip Man 1
05-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Peon:

Because it takes two clubs to make a deal and Kenny himself said he thinks it's going to be very quiet from a trade standpoint because 'parity' (in his opinion) has now become a part of baseball and so many teams think they have a chance.

Lip

itsnotrequired
05-27-2007, 05:28 PM
That was a long game.

Sig update time...

VenturaFan23
05-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Man, FINALLY I go to game with great weather so I was in such a good mood and that happens :angry: . Would this team please stop sucking on Sundays at home!!!!!!!!! And we get to face Santana tomorrow. Wonderful.

ChicagoG19
05-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Man, FINALLY I go to game with great weather so I was in such a good mood and that happens :angry: . Would this team please stop sucking on Sundays at home!!!!!!!!! And we get to face Santana tomorrow. Wonderful.

I'm with you on this. I got a sunburn to watch that. The smiley reflects what color my face actually is right now.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

kevingrt
05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow. It's pretty quiet in here....a little too quiet if you ask me.

I agree very weird.

SoxandtheCityTee
05-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm with you on this. I got a sunburn to watch that. The smiley reflects what color my face actually is right now.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I wore suncreen at the game but it was still a major drag. Here's hoping that the little offensive flourish at the end sets the team up well for the Twinkies. On the bullpen: I got nothing.

Boondock Saint
05-27-2007, 06:38 PM
It's Sunday, we sucked, the sun rose, and the sky is blue.

Jerko
05-27-2007, 06:40 PM
We have to go on a roll, RIGHT NOW. We play one winning team until July 14........the PHILLIES..... Yes we play the Twins and Yankees too, but we have to start killing these teams.

ondafarm
05-27-2007, 06:47 PM
As I sound like a broken record:

Fire Ozzie.

Palpidious
05-27-2007, 06:58 PM

Lip

well kenny put himself in this position.

balke
05-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I guess right now I'm wondering who's coming up. The Sox major need is Speed, but the bleeding wound is the bullpen. They need Owens speed at a utility position, but Owens only plays OF.

This team can't be this slow all season, its recipe for disaster, and by the age of some of these guys there could be more injuries coming.

BoysMom3
05-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow am I ever glad I went to the pool today instead of staying home to see the rest of the game. It opened yesterday, but we didn't get over there because it was rainy on and off, so the kids were pestering me to go today. When my oldest showed up and told me the final score, I was glad I missed it. He's 17 and about to have a stroke because he's convinced that everyone MacDougal comes in, the game is over.

russ99
05-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Despite the Sox loss and bullpen implosion today, it was a sensational day to be at the ballpark. Best day at the park this year IMO. Not too hot, sunny, cold beer, plus most of us get the day off tomorrow. Too bad the Sox couldn't have made it perfect for us.

FedEx227
05-27-2007, 07:32 PM
The most frusterating thing about MacDougal is its ALL mechanics.

I said it weeks ago and finally showed my friend at Monday's game (6'4 lefty pitcher for some semi-pro teams) and he agreed that Mac is just letting his lead shoulder fly out causing the wondeful low and away pitches we see on a regular basis now.

He also pointed out something that I didn't notice that that he picked up when we were at the game that Mac seems to be countering that by short-arming himself leaving the ball high.

They need to find a way to get him mechanically sound and mentally sound. I don't think he's a lost cause. Trading him away is a stupid move at this point. His K/BB numbers from the past indicate to me that he is more then capable of helping this team, IF and when he gets his mechanics squared up.

K/BB numbers
2007: 1.3
2006: 3.5
2005: 3
2003: 1.78

areilly
05-27-2007, 07:44 PM
I could use a good laugh and cheering up...where's that "Best Bullpen Ever?" thread when we need it?

Grzegorz
05-27-2007, 07:54 PM

In honor of Memorial Day I offer a quote from a Memorial Day classic 'Kelly's Heroes':

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

The Sisco move is a positive one; addition by subtraction. Ozuna hurts because of his speed but he can be replaced. Maybe Fields to left field, perhaps even Owens. I see the outfield slot (Cintron & Mack can backup the infield) as the one that needs to be filled.

This is going to be a tough fight all the way until the end and there is a long way to go until the end.

KyWhiSoxFan
05-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I think it's time to pull the plug on MacDougal. Get rid of him via trade.

And Sisco needs to go down to the minors to work on his game.

Let's bring up two arms from Charlotte. I can't stand watching this bullpen anymore.

itsnotrequired
05-27-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it's time to pull the plug on MacDougal. Get rid of him via trade.

And Sisco needs to go down to the minors to work on his game.

Let's bring up two arms from Charlotte. I can't stand watching this bullpen anymore.

You are aware that Sisco was sent down today, aren't you?

GeauxSox
05-27-2007, 08:09 PM
The most frusterating thing about MacDougal is its ALL mechanics.

I said it weeks ago and finally showed my friend at Monday's game (6'4 lefty pitcher for some semi-pro teams) and he agreed that Mac is just letting his lead shoulder fly out causing the wondeful low and away pitches we see on a regular basis now.

He also pointed out something that I didn't notice that that he picked up when we were at the game that Mac seems to be countering that by short-arming himself leaving the ball high.

They need to find a way to get him mechanically sound and mentally sound. I don't think he's a lost cause. Trading him away is a stupid move at this point. His K/BB numbers from the past indicate to me that he is more then capable of helping this team, IF and when he gets his mechanics squared up.

Mac has a lead shoulder?? Hell, that's the problem. :smile:

salty99
05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I also got a nasty sunburn on my arms and neck. Along with the loss made this game stink! But of course if we do well on the road trip everything will be all better. The End!

thomas35forever
05-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Ozzie conceded the game when he brought in MacDougal. He should know better than to bring him in when trailing by only a run.

PeteWard
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
I did not see the game but the box says 25 LOB!!! :o:

For a nine inning game the maximum possible is 27. Is this a record? My God.

Well I am sure the Sox wont do the same tomorrow vs. Santana. :cool:

ilsox7
05-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I did not see the game but the box says 25 LOB!!! :o:

For a nine inning game the maximum possible is 27. Is this a record? My God.

Well I am sure the Sox wont do the same tomorrow vs. Santana. :cool:

There is a difference between individual and team LOB.

JB98
05-27-2007, 08:48 PM
The White Sox fall to 2-7 with me in attendance, including 0-4 on Sundays. My last four trips to the Cell have resulted in a 11-1 loss, an 8-1 loss, a rainout and a 11-5 loss. It's frustrating and discouraging to see so much bad baseball played. We pitched horribly today. Vazquez is his usual mediocre self. Most WSI posters know I am no fan of Javy V. Ozzie used four relief pitchers today and NOT A SINGLE ONE retired the first man he faced. Unacceptable. It is time for a shakeup in this bullpen.

HotelWhiteSox
05-27-2007, 10:07 PM
No Erstad = No win

At least the pregame stuff was very cool

VenturaFan23
05-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Fire Ozzie.

Windsock is that you? :rolleyes:

Hitmen77
05-27-2007, 10:58 PM
This is the 5th game in his last 6 starts where Javy gave up 4 or 5 runs in between 6 to 7 innings of work. This is also the 5th Vazquez start in a row that the Sox have lost...and most depressing - the 3rd Vazquez start in a row where the opponent scored 11 runs against us.:(: Needless to say, Javy and our bullpen are a pretty awful combination at this point.

I'm just here to cheer everyone up. :duck:

I expected Javy's season to be another roller coaster ride and I guess we're in one of those down times right now. It goes without saying, that I feel alot better about our chances right now when we have Buehrle, Jose, Garland, or Danks on the mound.

areilly
05-27-2007, 11:30 PM
FYI - we're only .5 games better than the Mariners right now.

The Mariners!

WhiteSox5187
05-28-2007, 12:44 AM
This is the 5th game in his last 6 starts where Javy gave up 4 or 5 runs in between 6 to 7 innings of work. This is also the 5th Vazquez start in a row that the Sox have lost...and most depressing - the 3rd Vazquez start in a row where the opponent scored 11 runs against us.:(: Needless to say, Javy and our bullpen are a pretty awful combination at this point.

I'm just here to cheer everyone up. :duck:

I expected Javy's season to be another roller coaster ride and I guess we're in one of those down times right now. It goes without saying, that I feel alot better about our chances right now when we have Buehrle, Jose, Garland, or Danks on the mound.

The thing is though, he's pitched fairly well...he's kept us in a lot of those games that we've lost...this team is hurting and it needs to get on a roll and the sooner the better. I'm not giving up on the team by any means, but God, what a three game win streak wouldn't do!

Nellie_Fox
05-28-2007, 12:52 AM

Fire Ozzie.Yes you do.

You are aware that Sisco was sent down today, aren't you?No, he just jumped in and posted without reading any of the preceding posts first.

oeo
05-28-2007, 01:03 AM

Fire Ozzie.

Yep, it's Ozzie's fault that the bullpen is total crap (at least right now it is). That he's been without his leadoff hitter, Thome for half the season, and now Pablo. This season has been a nightmare so far, yet somehow we're still 3 games over .500.

Hitmen77
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Yep, it's Ozzie's fault that the bullpen is total crap (at least right now it is). That he's been without his leadoff hitter, Thome for half the season, and now Pablo. This season has been a nightmare so far, yet somehow we're still 3 games over .500.

...and only 3 games behind a playoff spot. This season isn't over yet - even with the loss of Ozuna.

WizardsofOzzie
05-28-2007, 10:15 AM

Fire Ozzie.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5458/untitled35fc1.png

fuzzy_patters
05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
That was cathartic. I left the ballpark pissed off and flipped on WSCR during the drive home. They mentioned that Sisco had been sent down. At least something good might have come from this game.

GlassSox
05-28-2007, 11:11 AM
The weather was great and the pitching and the rest of the day was awful.

palehozenychicty
05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I wish that I knew the thinking behind the organization's man love for Vazquez. For an average pitcher, we do have a long leash. That aside, he wasn't the reason we lost the game. But with baseball in the early season, there's always today. Johan awaits.

The Immigrant
05-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I wish that I knew the thinking behind the organization's man love for Vazquez.

He is consistently underwhelming. Reliably mediocre is another way to put it. He's gotten plenty of run support this year and should have a much better record and ERA.

hawkjt
05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
sometimes it just seems like it isnt going to be the sox year.. the injuries, the fact that the rays pass over edwin jackson to pitch kazmir then pitches jackson the next day vs the tigers..we get santana every time we play the twins,we get halladay coming off a six week injury,we get clemens in his first start back..

is it a case where every pitcher is lobbying to get to face the sox? seems like it sometimes.

roadrunner
05-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I wish that I knew the thinking behind the organization's man love for Vazquez

that's looking like a piss poor trade. Duque and Vazquez both had 11 wins last year (vazquez pitched 40 more innings). So far this year, they each have two. Vizcaino sucks this year but he had a 3.58 last year. The part of the trade that really hurts though:

Chris B Young .278/.317/.470, 6 HR, 20 RBI, 6 SB

I'm not ready to put him in the hall of fame but it certainly looks like we traded our centerfielder of the future along with Duque and Vizcaino for a .500 pitcher. (102-108 lifetime)

Not to mention the money he's getting for three years.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I had tickets for this game but chose not to go. I'm glad I spent the day tip-toeing around the cicadas all over my yard instead.

:wink:

Brian26
05-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I had tickets for this game but chose not to go. I'm glad I spent the day tip-toeing around the cicadas all over my yard instead.

:wink:

You missed out on the Ozzie bobblehead for Pants and Sweetpea. :D: