PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sox '05 series in San Diego

DrCrawdad
05-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Were you at the '05 series in San Diego? If so, were there a lot of Sox fans in attendance? Were they loud?

DumpJerry
05-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Inquiring minds need to know:

Why are you wondering about this?

Just curious.

RallyBowl
05-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I wasn't personally there, but I can remember watching the whole series. I think Rowand won a game with a late bomb, and I can remember going nuts and the crowd being pretty loud when he hit it out.

Parrothead
05-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I was there. There were Sox many fans there. I don't know if I would classify them as lot. I have seen more in KC, Cleveland, Detroit. However, they were loud.

johnr1note
05-26-2007, 11:47 AM
I was there. There were Sox many fans there. I don't know if I would classify them as lot. I have seen more in KC, Cleveland, Detroit. However, they were loud.

Yoda? Is that you?

32nd&Wallace
05-26-2007, 12:03 PM
I was at Sunday's game. About 20 - 25 percent Sox fans. A friend of mine was at Friday night's game. A bunch of San Diego fans started chanting Al Capone whenever Sox fans started cheering.

Scottiehaswheels
05-26-2007, 12:11 PM
A bunch of San Diego fans started chanting Al Capone whenever Sox fans started cheering.:?: That's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

churlish
05-26-2007, 01:08 PM
The Sox series in Colorado was the most raucous pro-White Sox crowd that I have ever heard in a place other than Chicago. It was nuts, and that Garcia guy had a decent outing there, too, if I remember correctly.

Scottiehaswheels
05-26-2007, 01:32 PM
The Sox series in Colorado was the most raucous pro-White Sox crowd that I have ever heard in a place other than Chicago. It was nuts, and that Garcia guy had a decent outing there, too, if I remember correctly.That crowd was pretty intense... I think last year in Cincy topped it easily though...

veeter
05-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Yoda? Is that you?This is really funny.

Brian26
05-26-2007, 07:08 PM
The Sox series in Colorado was the most raucous pro-White Sox crowd that I have ever heard in a place other than Chicago. It was nuts, and that Garcia guy had a decent outing there, too, if I remember correctly.

From tv, that's the series that stands out in my mind. Remember that blow-out game when Frank hit the homer late in the game as a pinch-hitter. Most of the Sox fans in attendance had moved down to seats closer to the field. It looked and sounded like a home game on tv.

RadioheadRocks
05-26-2007, 10:30 PM
That crowd was pretty intense... I think last year in Cincy topped it easily though...

I'll concur there... went to the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games at Great American Ballpark last June and White Sox fans were out in full force both games.

michned
05-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I was at Petco for the Saturday night game which the Sox lost 2-1. There were a lot of Sox fans there, and you could tell by the standing-o that Buehrle got when he came out of the game (Hermanson's first blown save of the year).

And then Sunday morning we got treated to an earthquake! :D:

ewokpelts
05-27-2007, 07:37 AM
ask hangar. he was there.

EastCoastSoxFan
05-29-2007, 03:44 PM
:?: That's gotta be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.When the Sox scored three runs in the top of the 12th against the Phillies back in '02, many of the Philly fans who didn't immediately get up and leave started chanting, "E - A - G - L - E - S, EAGLES!, EAGLES!"

I could see and hear laughter from Sox fans all around the park.
I sincerely hope none of you have ever tried to start the Bears fight song during a time the Sox have given up a few runs in an extra inning game...

And as to the original topic of this thread, there seemed to be at least a few thousand of us in Pittsburgh last year, and we made a pretty fair amount of noise...

05-29-2007, 03:56 PM
I was at Petco for the Saturday night game which the Sox lost 2-1. There were a lot of Sox fans there, and you could tell by the standing-o that Buehrle got when he came out of the game (Hermanson's first blown save of the year).

And then Sunday morning we got treated to an earthquake! :D:

Yes I was there for this game too. I ended up about a row away from catching the walkoff that Hermanson gave up. :smile: