PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's 2nd Inning tonight

PeteWard
05-26-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't dislike BM at all, I just post this in recognition of the trade KW made.

His ERA is 6.35 and I feel bad for him. He just could not find the plate tonight.

M Ramirez walked. J Drew walked, M Ramirez to second. M Lowell walked, M Ramirez to third, J Drew to second. J Varitek hit sacrifice fly to center, M Ramirez scored. C Crisp walked, J Drew to third, M Lowell to second. D Pedroia singled to right, J Drew and M Lowell scored, C Crisp to third. J Lugo hit into fielder's choice to right, C Crisp scored, D Pedroia out at second. J Lugo stole second. K Youkilis flied out to left.

His line: 2IP, 4R, 1H , 4BB

Harry Potter
05-26-2007, 12:40 AM
And he also left the game after the second because of a blister injury... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rangers-mccarthy&prov=ap&type=lgns

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Brandon has not been very good at the game of baseball this year.

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't dislike BM at all, I just post this in recognition of the trade KW made.

His ERA is 6.35 and I feel bad for him. He just could not find the plate tonight.

M Ramirez walked. J Drew walked, M Ramirez to second. M Lowell walked, M Ramirez to third, J Drew to second. J Varitek hit sacrifice fly to center, M Ramirez scored. C Crisp walked, J Drew to third, M Lowell to second. D Pedroia singled to right, J Drew and M Lowell scored, C Crisp to third. J Lugo hit into fielder's choice to right, C Crisp scored, D Pedroia out at second. J Lugo stole second. K Youkilis flied out to left.

His line: 2IP, 4R, 1H , 4BB

Fielder's choice to right?:?:

Fenway
05-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Fielder's choice to right?:?:

Sammy should have Lugo's pop so Pedroia stayed at first and was then forced at 2B so it was a FC

Johnny Mostil
05-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Sammy should have Lugo's pop so Pedroia stayed at first and was then forced at 2B so it was a FC

Ah, got it. Thanks.

JGarlandrules20
05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Brandon has not been very good at the game of baseball this year.

He was improving. He got the win 3 of his last 4 outings only giving up a total of 6ER in those starts.

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 04:00 PM
He was improving. He got the win 3 of his last 4 outings only giving up a total of 6ER in those starts.

Even in his good games he couldn't get past the 6th inning. I hope he does well, but I don't think he is on the right track.

FarWestChicago
05-27-2007, 09:07 AM
He was improving. He got the win 3 of his last 4 outings only giving up a total of 6ER in those starts.It's not hard to improve when you start with an ERA of 6.35. :wink:

soxtalker
05-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I've been checking the stats / newspaper reports after most of his games. Looks to me like he was pitching pretty well. The Dallas Morning News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/baseball/rangers/stories/052607dnsporanglede.eb9356f.html) points out that Friday "McCarthy looked nothing like the pitcher who had put together a 3-0 record and 2.31 ERA in May." The poor start Friday could very well have been due to the blister. Yes, he's been a bit more limited on innings than we've become accustomed here, but, then again, we tend to get a lot of long starts from our starters.

I liked the trade when it was made. And that was assuming Danks would likely be down in the minor leagues. But I sure hope that McCarthy does well down in Texas. It helps us in the future if we have a satisfied trade partner.

johnny_mostil
05-27-2007, 11:16 AM
It's not hard to improve when you start with an ERA of 6.35. :wink:

Now you've done it. Scott Ruffcorn has gone to his room, crying.

johnny_mostil
05-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I've been checking the stats / newspaper reports after most of his games. Looks to me like he was pitching pretty well.

I live in Dallas and I've seen his starts. He's been kind of hot and cold. When he throws the big breaking ball for strikes he's been doing OK... but he looks little like the pitcher we remember from late 2005.

The Ranger defense is pretty much atrocious (Ranger broadcaster Eric Nadel's words) and "pitching to contact" (like Cooper teaches) is called "giving up a ton of runs" in Arlington. The media here is being unusually patient, probably because the other starters have also been just awful.

balke
05-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah I kinda hope he does well now. I think when trades happen there's that insecurity that you feel like the team you root for MUST get the better end of the deal. Danks so far has been great, and Mccarthy has struggled. I'd like to see him go back to that May form of 2.30 for a while now.

I feel like we got an even trade as of now. Mccarthy can do whatever he wants so long as the Sox got a decent young 5th starter out of the deal who can win, and so far that's exactly what has happened. Masset and Vazquez to boot... yeah I'd like Mccarthy to do well so the Sox can keep good relations.

ViPeRx007
05-27-2007, 11:31 PM
I guess I don't really understand why the Sox/Rangers wouldn't be trading partners if McCarthy doesn't pan out? Two teams have to sign off on a trade. It's not like the White Sox made the Rangers do it.

They can be upset the trade didn't work out for them if that's really what happens. But not being open trading partners with us would hurt them too. It's one less team to potentially get better from.

It's all just part of the game. You win some you lose some.

RadioheadRocks
05-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Now you've done it. Scott Ruffcorn has gone to his room, crying.

:rolling:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-28-2007, 02:38 PM
Brandon McCarthy is a "proven workhorse" and the Sox are "despicable" for letting him get away. In my estimation the ballclub is lower than whale ****...
or at least that's what I've been told.

:cool:

Scottiehaswheels
05-28-2007, 02:42 PM
It's all just part of the game. You win some you lose some.Except in Jon Daniels case... then its lose some, lose some more