PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/25/07 White Sox Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
05-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Not the best win, but we'll certainly take it.

:winner

gobears1987
05-25-2007, 11:02 PM
It was a fun one to watch though.

LongLiveFisk
YES!!!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

ilsox7
Good win against a very good pitcher.

NSSoxFan
05-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Great job on winning that game, especially after giving up a three run lead the way we did.

:bandance:

ND_Sox_Fan
Welcome back JOE !!!!

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana::super nana:

Dan Mega
Great win after having TB tie it. And how about that HR by Luis? :o::cool:

cheezheadsoxfan
05-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Not sexy, but a win is a win. Nice way to come back Joe.:bandance:

mark2olson
05-25-2007, 11:04 PM
I only caught pieces of the game, but, most importantly caught the end. Way to go Joe!!!

JB98
05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm not happy with Buerhle for giving up that lead, but good job by the guys to manufacture a run in the ninth inning.

Crede, as usual, doing his job. He's always been a good late-inning hitter for the Sox.

JorgeFabregas
05-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Really liked Ozzie putting Jenks in.

Grzegorz
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM

Well said; Shields is a tough one. These wins are the ones that build character.

Gosh, I hope Crede can stay healthy!!!

Navarro's Talent
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Great comeback for Crede! Not the best game ever, but a win is a win! :cool:

ilsox7
05-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Well said; Shields is a tough one. These wins are the ones that build character.

Hopefully we come out tomorrow and destroy an awful pitcher. Getting this win tonight was big. We hit the ball really hard all night. Had a ton of base runners. And would have had a few more runs if not for some terrific defense by TB.

chisox77
05-25-2007, 11:07 PM
How about Terrero's bomb?

:cool:

Frontman
05-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Joe was *trying* all game to be a firestarter for the team, to the point he was looking like he'd hurt himself in the field.

Glad to see him do it with just a great swing and great contact.

Yeeeeeeeeuuuuuus!

Scottiehaswheels
05-25-2007, 11:08 PM

:cool:Did they ever mention the distance?

whitesoxfan
05-25-2007, 11:10 PM

:cool:

That was sweet.

Great win tonight. We made it interesting, but I'm not complaining. A win is a win. Buehrle pitched good, just made one bad pitch to Dukes. Tampa Bay has a lot of young studs offensively, that's for sure. I loved our plate approach in the 9th as well. We really made Tampa's pitchers work.

FarWestChicago
05-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Not the best win, but we'll certainly take it.

Nobody likes a figure skating judge. :rolleyes:

TDog
05-25-2007, 11:13 PM

A great win against a pitcher who has been tough to score against. I like the fact that the bullpen wasn't taxed much tonight too. It looks like there was lots of great defense and clutch hitting and another one of Crawford's baserunning mistakes that might have cost his team the game.

The Sox should have the edge tomorrow with Vazquez. They will need that because they will be facing the Devil Rays ace Sunday.

JB98
05-25-2007, 11:20 PM
A great win against a pitcher who has been tough to score against. I like the fact that the bullpen wasn't taxed much tonight too. It looks like there was lots of great defense and clutch hitting and another one of Crawford's baserunning mistakes that might have cost his team the game.

The Sox should have the edge tomorrow with Vazquez. They will need that because they will be facing the Devil Rays ace Sunday.

Yes, two games against tough lefties coming on Sunday and Monday. You have to be happy about winning tonight's game, even if it wasn't the prettiest thing in the world. Win tomorrow, and then hopefully split the two games against Kazmir and Santana.

hi im skot
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
We'll take that one.

Nice to see Thornton and Bobby take care of business...wish I could say the same about MacDougal.

Let's win the series tomorrow!

TDog
05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes, two games against tough lefties coming on Sunday and Monday. You have to be happy about winning tonight's game, even if it wasn't the prettiest thing in the world. Win tomorrow, and then hopefully split the two games against Kazmir and Santana.

I agree, as much as I would love to see the Sox win both Sunday and Monday. And winning Saturday is big because it's not going to get easier this week.

I disagree with you about the aesthetics of tonight's game, though. The Sox played an errorless game and got an infield non-force double play that cut down a runner trying to score. They won it in their last at bat. It sounds like it was a thing of beauty.

naprvllesoxfan
05-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Did they ever mention the distance?

442 according to Chisox.com. It looked like the vendor was going to catch the ball out there. :wink:

BoysMom3
05-25-2007, 11:37 PM
It was a really fun game to watch! I'm so impressed with Erstad. My oldest son is becoming a huge Terrero fan, and I'm joining right in.

JB98
05-25-2007, 11:38 PM
I agree, as much as I would love to see the Sox win both Sunday and Monday. And winning Saturday is big because it's not going to get easier this week.

I disagree with you about the aesthetics of tonight's game, though. The Sox played an errorless game and got an infield non-force double play that cut down a runner trying to score. They won it in their last at bat. It sounds like it was a thing of beauty.

Well, everyone here knows how I feel about blown leads. If we had won 4-1, I would have called it a thing of beauty.

Nevertheless, any game in the left-hand column is a good one. Especially since our rivals from Detroit and Cleveland are playing head-to-head this weekend. We win, we gain ground on somebody. Tonight, we closed the gap on the Tigers.

RowanDye
05-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Doesn't make sense, but if Buehrle hit that guy on purpose it was stupid.

Good thing Jenks and offense picked him up.

PeteWard
05-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Baseball guru Tim McCarver says: "Teams that end up sweeping a series usually have to win the first game."

Good start!

DickAllen72
05-25-2007, 11:47 PM
It's great that the Sox won that game. :bandance: Let's hope they can sweep this weekend. :gulp:

One thing tonight's game confirmed once again, however. This team is way too slow. Normally in baseball a runner on 2B is considered being in scoring position. Not so with our White Sox. And the Sox rarely ever go from first to third on a hit to RF.

This offseason, KW should be sure to outbid everyone for Ichiro, no matter what it takes. Whomever other position players the Sox may acquire from this point on, a prerequisite should be plus speed.

Although it probably won't happen, Carl Crawford would look good batting somewhere in the middle of that Sox lineup, breaking up that string of base cloggers.

JB98
05-25-2007, 11:50 PM
It's great that the Sox won that game. :bandance: Let's hope they can sweep this weekend. :gulp:

One thing tonight's game confirmed once again, however. This team is way too slow. Normally in baseball a runner on 2B is considered being in scoring position. Not so with our White Sox. And the Sox rarely ever go from first to third on a hit to RF.

This offseason, KW should be sure to outbid everyone for Ichiro, no matter what it takes. Whomever other position players the Sox may acquire from this point on, a prerequisite should be plus speed.

Although it probably won't happen, Carl Crawford would look good batting somewhere in the middle of that Sox lineup, breaking up that string of base cloggers.

Crawford, while fast, is not a good baserunner. Speed doesn't do much good when you're going to go ahead and get picked off while in scoring position and representing the tying run in the eighth inning.

hi im skot

Good thing Jenks and offense picked him up.

Nah, Mark was just missing his spots. Missed inside three straight pitches, then hung one that ended up getting hit a looooooooong way.

DickAllen72
I'm so impressed with Erstad. My oldest son is becoming a huge Terrero fan, and I'm joining right in.
The great thing about both Erstad and Terrero, they both can run the bases like major leaguers. That, and they are both excellent on defense.

DickAllen72
05-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Crawford, while fast, is not a good baserunner. Speed doesn't do much good when you're going to go ahead and get picked off while in scoring position and representing the tying run in the eighth inning.
You're correct about Crawford's baserunning, but at least he can score from second base on a hit, and go first to third on a hit to RF.

I'm tired of the Sox having those three straight base hit innings, followed by a long fly out and coming away with no runs.

JB98
05-25-2007, 11:56 PM
You're correct about Crawford's baserunning, but at least he can score from second base on a hit, and go first to third on a hit to RF.

I'm tired of the Sox having those three straight base hit innings, followed by a long fly out and coming away with no runs.

We're just damn slow three through seven in the batting order. It sucks that Dye has lost most of his speed. He used to be quick. It's just something we're going to have to overcome. Thome, Dye, PK, AJ, Crede, all slow, but all key members of our team. To add more speed, we'd pretty much have to gut the core of our roster.

palehozenychicty
05-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Didn't like Buehrle giving up the lead, as our pitchers tend to do that too often. A win is a win, though.

DickAllen72
05-26-2007, 12:03 AM
We're just damn slow three through seven in the batting order. It sucks that Dye has lost most of his speed. He used to be quick. It's just something we're going to have to overcome. Thome, Dye, PK, AJ, Crede, all slow, but all key members of our team. To add more speed, we'd pretty much have to gut the core of our roster.
Yeah, I agree with everything you're saying. I was telling a friend tonight, that, individually, I love Thome, Konerko, Dye, AJ, and Crede, but strung together they are just too slow. The problem is even some of our supposedly "fast" guys, Iguchi, Uribe and Pods when he's back are merely average in speed. Erstad is surprisingly fast, Ozuna can fly but is only a part-time player, and Mack is a great baserunner but doesn't get on base enough.

That's why I think the Sox must bring in Ichiro next season and why it would be great to pick up a guy like Crawford to start everyday in LF this year.

PeteWard
05-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Did they ever mention the distance?

442 ft.

oeo
05-26-2007, 12:09 AM

I've come to the conclusion that he's not a smart baseball player, at all. He's a great athlete, but that doesn't mean it translates to being a smart player. He needs to go somewhere that will teach him how to play.

Or maybe he's not smart, period, why the hell does he have a tattoo of a sperm on his neck?

JB98
05-26-2007, 12:11 AM
I've come to the conclusion that he's not a smart baseball player, at all. He's a great athlete, but that doesn't mean it translates to being a smart player. He needs to go somewhere that will teach him how to play.

Unreal talent, 10-cent brain. The Devil Rays have a few like that.

PeteWard
05-26-2007, 12:16 AM

Or maybe he's not smart, period, why the hell does he have a tattoo of a sperm on his neck?

Maybe he's a geneticist in his spare time?

Hitmen77
05-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Great seeing the offense looking strong against a tough opponent. Going into the game the batting avg. against Shields was .199:o:

Let's keep it up tomorrow, guys! Don't let an awful pitcher shut us down and Javy, when the offense does score, don't give the runs right back.:gulp:

TomParrish79
05-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Great game to watch.

And good to have Joe back.

Brian26
05-26-2007, 12:44 AM

Let's consider what happened. Terrero hit a three-run bomb and then got plunked the next time he came up to bat (which happened to be with two outs and nobody on). The next inning, with two outs and first base open, Buehrle threw two pitches right at the batter but somehow managed to miss him. AJ went out to the mound to talk to Buehrle. With the very next pitch, the batter finally got nailed.

You're asking *IF* Buehrle hit that guy on purpose? :D:

Brian26
05-26-2007, 12:46 AM

He might be fast, but based on his base-running tonight, he looks like one of the most unintelligent baserunners since the days of D'Angelo Jiminez.

Didn't Crawford have some major gaff earlier in the year too?

oeo
05-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Let's consider what happened. Terrero hit a three-run bomb and then got plunked the next time he came up to bat (which happened to be with two outs and nobody on). The next inning, with two outs and first base open, Buehrle threw two pitches right at the batter but someone managed to miss him. AJ went out to the mound to talk to Buehrle. With the very next pitch, the batter finally got nailed.

I knew they would retaliate as soon as Terrero got hit. The problem wasn't the plunking, it was leaving a changeup right over the heart of the plate to Dukes.

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 12:56 AM
I knew they would retaliate as soon as Terrero got hit. The problem wasn't the plunking, it was leaving a changeup right over the heart of the plate to Dukes.

The problem was also the plunking. I am all for proper retaliation, but not when it brings the tying run to the plate. Stupid stupid stupid.

PeteWard
05-26-2007, 12:56 AM
The problem was also the plunking. I am all for proper retaliation, but not when it brings the tying run to the plate. Stupid stupid stupid.

No way in hell that was intentional.

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 12:58 AM

The game situation certainly dictates that it was not. But the sequence of pitches and the actual pitch that hit him really, really made it look like it was intentional.

oeo
05-26-2007, 01:00 AM

Maybe it is stupid, but if you did it with say, Danks, it would be incredibly stupid; but Buehrle is a veteran who needs to make those pitches afterwards. Again, I knew it was coming, it didn't surprise me when it happened, and I wasn't pissed that he was plunked after the home run. I was pissed because Buehrle threw the worst pitch of the entire night.

JB98
05-26-2007, 01:00 AM
The game situation certainly dictates that it was not. But the sequence of pitches and the actual pitch that hit him really, really made it look like it was intentional.

The more I think about it, it was probably intentional. Intentional and stupid.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Terrero Plays Mack sits any questions?

whitesoxfan
05-26-2007, 01:09 AM
The more I think about it, it was probably intentional. Intentional and stupid.

Part of me thinks it was but part of me thinks it wasn't. I mean why would you hit a batter that's 1 for his last 23 to get to one of the more dangerous hitters in the AL (up to this point)? But then again, Buehrle's control is outstanding and the pitch was a fastball. It wasn't even close to the zone either.

I don't know, you'd think Buehrle would be smarter than that. The guy has a great baseball mind so it doesn't make sense on why he would hit a guy that, to put it mildly, sucks to get to Dukes. I guess we'll never find out.

Brian26
05-26-2007, 01:12 AM

It was absolutely, 100% intentional. Did you see the game?

Brian26
05-26-2007, 01:19 AM

Two outs, guy on second, first base open. I know it brings the tying run to the plate, but it also conveniently sets up the force at 2nd and 3rd. No doubt in my mind based on the earlier pitches in the count (and the walk to the mound by AJ) that is was purposeful. Just didn't work out.

You have to wonder how much of this goes back to the Padilla game in Texas last year.

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2007, 01:20 AM
It was absolutely, 100% intentional. Did you see the game?I didn't see the game, listened on XM. Farmer and Singleton thought it was intentional.

HotelWhiteSox
05-26-2007, 01:25 AM
We should hit Dukes this weekend, aside from admiring his bomb, for being a scumbag who sends death threats to his wife/kids

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Two outs, guy on second, first base open. I know it brings the tying run to the plate, but it also conveniently sets up the force at 2nd and 3rd. No doubt in my mind based on the earlier pitches in the count (and the walk to the mound by AJ) that is was purposeful. Just didn't work out.

You have to wonder how much of this goes back to the Padilla game in Texas last year.

IMO, you never, ever intentionally bring the tying run to the plate.

PeteWard
05-26-2007, 02:52 AM
IMO, you never, ever intentionally bring the tying run to the plate.

It was also the number 9 hitter. Come on!

WhiteSox5187
05-26-2007, 03:20 AM
A win is a win...I wish it was Buerhle's 100th, but oh well! Four runs a game is good enough to win (he shoudln't have even given up that bomb!) but a win is a win....and we picked up a game against Detroit.

whitesoxfan
05-26-2007, 03:33 AM
We should hit Dukes this weekend, aside from admiring his bomb, for being a scumbag who sends death threats to his wife/kids

I agree 100%. Guy needs to be earholed tomorrow. Definitely not a fan of that, but this ******* deserves it.

AnkleSox
05-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Having gone to this game, I am now 12-0 in my last 12 white sox games dating back to last year.

I will continue to brag about this until I finally end up at a losing game.

TDog
05-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Friday night's game illustrated that it's stupid to hit batters intentionally. I would rather see Erstad drag a bunt up the first base line and spike the pitcher on the way up the line.

It's odd that in his last start Buehrle had two outs in the seventh, let two guys on and got yanked to watch his lead disappear and in this start he had two outs, let two guys get on and gave up the lead on his own.

The umpire might have done the Sox a favor by ejecting Buehrle Friday night. Because the Sox won, I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

cws05champ
05-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Let's consider what happened. Terrero hit a three-run bomb and then got plunked the next time he came up to bat (which happened to be with two outs and nobody on). The next inning, with two outs and first base open, Buehrle threw two pitches right at the batter but somehow managed to miss him. AJ went out to the mound to talk to Buehrle. With the very next pitch, the batter finally got nailed.

Although it brought the tying run to the plate after hitting Harris, it was needed. It's the way baseball used to be played...you hit one of ours, we'll hit one of yours, then it's over and done with! None of this stare down when you get a pitch too far inside BS.

FarWestChicago
05-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Thome, Dye, PK, AJ, Crede, all slow, but all key members of our team.:walnuts

What does a guy gotta do to get respect on this site? I can't believe you put those guys in the same speed class with me. I AM the man. They don't belong with me. Maybe Benji Molina, but not these speed merchants. Give credit where credit is due! :tsk:

Dan Mega
05-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Having gone to this game, I am now 12-0 in my last 12 white sox games dating back to last year.

Eventually someone should buy you the full season ticket package.

slobes
05-26-2007, 08:52 AM

Brag about it all you want; I think that's unbelievable. I went last night, too, and my win streak is only at 2.

IndianWhiteSox
05-26-2007, 09:33 AM

You should go to all the games that way they'll never lose in the season or post-season.

itsnotrequired
05-26-2007, 09:36 AM
I like winners.

Sig update time...

Zisk77
05-26-2007, 09:43 AM
36.5 Beers, .5 pepsi? I think there's a story here. Trying to find a happy meduim between alcohol and caffeine? 5/3 of the people do not know how to use fractions correctly.:D:

Dan Mega
05-26-2007, 09:55 AM
36.5 Beers, .5 pepsi? I think there's a story here. Trying to find a happy meduim between alcohol and caffeine? 5/3 of the people do not know how to use fractions correctly.:D:

:rolling: :rolling:

itsnotrequired
05-26-2007, 10:27 AM

I split a beer and a Pepsi with my erotic wife. Feeeeeel...the heeeeeat...

champagne030
05-26-2007, 10:56 AM
He might be fast, but based on his base-running tonight, he looks like one of the most unintelligent baserunners since the days of D'Angelo Jiminez.

Didn't Crawford have some major gaff earlier in the year too?

Yes, he cost the Rays a win against the Twins.

Then, on Friday against the Twins, in what has to rank as one of the all-time base-running brain cramps, Crawford single-leggedly cost the Rays a game. With the score tied 2-2 with nobody out in the top of the ninth and Ben Zobrist on first base, Crawford rocketed a ball into the right-field corner. Now the blazing Crawford will usually wind up on third with a triple on anything into the corner, but with nobody out Zobrist wisely held up at third, which Crawford somehow failed to notice........

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6690456

hawkjt
05-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Burls hit him intentionally, and once again demonstrated why he is a great teammate.. here he is, on the cusp of a personal milestone, and he goes out and protects his teammates instead of worrying about his 100th win..

Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.. his last start vs cubs he was not coming inside;none of the sox pitchers were; and the fed off those outside pitches -driving them to right field for all those doubles and triples.. burls and the sox staff has to pitch inside to keep them honest and when they start hitting sox hitters - must retaliate..

I am sure burls did it on his own.. he knows how the game is played and needs no instructions from ozzie..

this is the best outcome possible after dukes tied it up.. burls cements team chemistry and sox get a clutch win with many contributing.. way to go Burls,Joe,Luis, AJ, Tadahito(nice way to break a slump) and bad bobby.

puckereduppiet
05-26-2007, 11:03 AM
welcome back crede. I missed you.:bandance:

AnkleSox
05-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Eventually someone should buy you the full season ticket package.

This is exactly what I am hoping for.

Jerko
05-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Baseball guru Tim McCarver says: "Teams that end up sweeping a series usually have to win the first game."

Good start!

Last night DJ said "tampa is the youngest team in the league, age-wise". :rolleyes:

As for that hit batsman, I'm all for sticking up for your teammates, but hitting the 9th place hitter in a 1 for 23 or whatever it was slump to bring the tying run to the plate, well, that's just not very smart IMO. :?:

Also, if MB hit that guy on "accident", Oz would have pulled him. That was intentional IMO. Well at least we won!

infohawk
05-26-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm not happy with Buerhle for giving up that lead, but good job by the guys to manufacture a runs in the ninth inning.
Yeah, the 3-run homer with two outs in the seventh was the downside, but the upside (besides the win) were that the Sox scored five runs, had double-digit hits, played great defense and the bullpen didn't give up any runs. I am wondering if maybe MacDougal needs some down time though.

TDog
05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, he cost the Rays a win against the Twins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6690456

Crawford was the justifiable butt of jokes at the time, with the play getting a lot of circulation. Fox Sports, though, proves it has little credibility when it comes to baseball. The Devil Rays actually beat the Twins in their Friday night game against Minnesota. And in that game, Crawford hit an inside-the-park home run. The "doubling into a doubleplay" play occurred Thursay night, a game that ended with Morneau hitting a leadoff home run in the bottom of the inning. Tampa Bay should have taken three of four in Minnesota, but only split the series.

Crawford does make some dumb mistakes, though. I pointed that out in WSI's most recent Crawford lovefest thread. If baseball is about stats, Crawford will give you those. But he's not about winning, although he has beaten the Sox. Really, he is the type of star you find on a perennial loser.

delben91
05-26-2007, 12:59 PM
From reading this thread I honestly couldn't tell if the Sox won or lost last night. Buehrle made a mistake. Fine. Whatever.

Sox won. That is all that matters.

The end. :gulp:

FarWestChicago
05-26-2007, 01:22 PM
From reading this thread I honestly couldn't tell if the Sox won or lost last night.:roflmao:

You have a point there. :D:

TDog
05-26-2007, 01:34 PM
From reading this thread I honestly couldn't tell if the Sox won or lost last night. Buehrle made a mistake. Fine. Whatever.

Sox won. That is all that matters.

The end. :gulp:

Don't you remember Game 2 of the 2005 World Series when Jenks blew the save and people were upset because they insisted that championship teams don't do that? Or Game 3 when the bullpen gave up the lead and the game went into extra innings? People didn't see any way the Sox could win after play like that.

Of course, the teal was implied.

This morning, are Dodgers fans upset because they gave up a seven-run inning to the Cubs or happy that their offense came back and won the game? Are Cubs fans beaming over coming back with a seven-run inning to take a late lead, or are they upset about the bullpen losing the game?

Those questions are rhetorical. Of course it comes down to winning. Every team loses leads. The really good teams win anyway.

That's why Friday's game was so beautiful.

GlassSox
05-26-2007, 01:48 PM
It was great to be at the game and see a good win last night. Tererro's home run was a bomb.

My only negative thoughts are "old MacDougal has a farm ........" and maybe he needs to go there and get his act back together. The moans were alive in the stands as he warmed up and we wondered how much damage he would inflict before Ozzie would pull him.

ilsox7
05-26-2007, 02:29 PM
Or Game 3 when the bullpen gave up the lead and the game went into extra innings?

Championship teams should win every game by the slaughter rule. The fact that the Sox have not done so this year spells imminent doom.

TomBradley72
05-26-2007, 02:30 PM
The team is showing a lot of "life" right now....nice pace on offense, clutch hits, moving runners over, taking the extra base...and I see a little extra going on the defensive side as well. I think they are going to make a nice run from here to the All Star break...

tebman
05-26-2007, 03:21 PM
It was great to be at the game and see a good win last night. Tererro's home run was a bomb.

My only negative thoughts are "old MacDougal has a farm ........" and maybe he needs to go there and get his act back together. The moans were alive in the stands as he warmed up and we wondered how much damage he would inflict before Ozzie would pull him.
I was there too and felt the same thing when MacDougal came in. There was a palpable grumbling tension in the crowd that just got worse as he kept missing the strike zone.

Fortunately Guillen took him out before he'd done too much damage, though Thornton got lucky with that boneheaded baserunning move by Crawford. Something's obviously not right with MacDougal's pitching and I hope he and Cooper can figure it out.

oeo
05-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I was there too and felt the same thing when MacDougal came in. There was a palpable grumbling tension in the crowd that just got worse as he kept missing the strike zone.

Fortunately Guillen took him out before he'd done too much damage, though Thornton got lucky with that boneheaded baserunning move by Crawford. Something's obviously not right with MacDougal's pitching and I hope he and Cooper can figure it out.

The only bad thing he did yesterday was not fielding the ground ball. He's always been wild, so if you're expecting him to up there and throw four pitches to get a guy out, you're dreaming.

It's about damn time Ozzie put his best reliever after Jenks in there when we needed some big outs. No more Logan, please.

Foulke You
05-26-2007, 06:11 PM
I am wondering if maybe MacDougal needs some down time though.
I think Ozzie needs to remove Mike from the 8th inning pressure packed setup role and make Thornton your 8th inning guy until MacDougal gets his control back. Bring MacDougal into blowout games or in the middle innings and have him work his way back to get his confidence and control again. I'm a MacDougal fan, when he is on, his stuff is filthy but this is about as bad as he's pitched in a White Sox uniform.

oeo
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I think Ozzie needs to remove Mike from the 8th inning pressure packed setup role and make Thornton your 8th inning guy until MacDougal gets his control back. Bring MacDougal into blowout games or in the middle innings and have him work his way back to get his confidence and control again. I'm a MacDougal fan, when he is on, his stuff is filthy but this is about as bad as he's pitched in a White Sox uniform.

Thornton should be back there, regardless. They're both our late inning guys. All Mac has to do is throw strikes...and it's frustrating when he's not, but I don't think he's been nearly as bad as some of you are making it seem. He hasn't been a Neal Cotts or Cliff Politte, he's just having some trouble finding the strike zone right now.