PDA

View Full Version : Steinbrenner actually gets it

HotelWhiteSox
05-25-2007, 04:20 PM
http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/stories/N/NY_STEINBRENNER_INTERVIEW_BAOL-?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=HOME

NEW YORK (AP) -- Despite constant speculation about manager Joe Torre's job, New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner says someone else also needs to deliver as the team looks to reverse its floundering start: general manager Brian Cashman.
"He's on a big hook," a spirited Steinbrenner told The Associated Press in a rare interview from this Tampa office. "He wanted sole authority. He got it. Now he's got to deliver."
As for Torre, the Yankees manager since 1996, Steinbrenner said "we are not considering a change."

Kenny has put together nice teams with 70-100 mill, I couldn't imagine what he'd do with what Cashman gets to play with. Meanwhile, I am surprised that these past teams (with that SP and middle relief) have won the East, so I think Torre is doing something right

Fenway
05-25-2007, 04:58 PM
http://breakingnews.nypost.com/dynamic/stories/N/NY_STEINBRENNER_INTERVIEW_BAOL-?SITE=NYNYP&SECTION=HOME

Kenny has put together nice teams with 70-100 mill, I couldn't imagine what he'd do with what Cashman gets to play with. Meanwhile, I am surprised that these past teams (with that SP and middle relief) have won the East, so I think Torre is doing something right

Welcome back to 1978

PeteWard
05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Welcome back to 1978

Nah....'75 when they lost about a million games

Fenway
05-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Nah....'75 when they lost about a million games

I think we are looking at the 1965 Yankees. Meanwhile the media in NYC ignores the Mets.

Paulwny
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I think we are looking at the 1965 Yankees. Meanwhile the media in NYC ignores the Mets.

The Mets are playing as expected. The real story is the implosion of the ~ $200 mil payroll.

palehozenychicty
05-26-2007, 07:15 PM
The Mets are playing as expected. The real story is the implosion of the ~ $200 mil payroll.

Exactly.

WizardsofOzzie
05-28-2007, 10:49 AM

Sounds a little too familiar

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds a little too familiar

Let's see what the media would do here if the similar story unfolds on the North Side.

IndianWhiteSox
05-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Let's see what the media would do here if the similar story unfolds on the North Side.

Come up with bull**** excuses and say that the Cubs are cursed.

:rolleyes: