PDA

View Full Version : Panic is setting in at ESPN

DumpJerry
05-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Clemens might be human, after all. (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6844564?MSNHPHMA)

Still needs some minor league work before he is ready to walk on water and save the Yankees from ever losing a single again this season.

Aging is a bitch.

palehozenychicty
05-25-2007, 09:27 AM
What a shocker. seriously, if he goes through the remainder of the season without a signifcant injury, i'll be quiet. as charles barkley said, "I may be wrong, but i doubt it."

Chicken Dinner
05-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Can you say "my hammy hurts"?

Jerko
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
EVERY time I flipped past ESPN the other night it was all Clemens, all the time. GREAT, Clemens AND Favre both in the news at the same time... And all these years I thought they were the same person. Drama queens.

05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
He is a perfect fit for the 2007 Yankees.

They are going to crash and burn and it will be glorious.

SOXPHILE
05-25-2007, 11:41 AM
There was a good one on "Who Ya Crappin' ?" yesterday on B & B. Someone mentioned that as they were broadcasting Rogers' AA start, it was obvious he was struggling against a "powerful Sea Dog lineup". John Kruk was bloviating something about "make no mistake about it. It doesn't matter where he's pitching, Clemens is a competitor, he's here to win, and is doing everything he can to get these guys out, even if this is just a minor league start". After he gave up a walk and a couple of more hits, Kruk contradicted himself and said something to the effect of how "Roger is just trying to work things out, and experiment with his pitches. Right now, it doesn't matter what he does in this game, but that he works on re-gaining his form", ...or something like that.

And yes, while he is one of the greatest pitchers in history, it is extremely asinine for ESPN to broadcast his minor league starts, breathlessly talking about each pitch as if it were the World Series. It was asinine last year, and it's asinine now. I think the reason they are doing it though, is because they may be trying to quietly distance themselves from and replace one member of their Baseball Holy Trinity of Yankees-Red Sox-Bonds.

FedEx227
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
And yes, while he is one of the greatest pitchers in history, it is extremely asinine for ESPN to broadcast his minor league starts, breathlessly talking about each pitch as if it were the World Series. It was asinine last year, and it's asinine now. I think the reason they are doing it though, is because they may be trying to quietly distance themselves from and replace one member of their Baseball Holy Trinity of Yankees-Red Sox-Bonds.

No more Red Sox games?!

lostfan
05-25-2007, 02:14 PM
As much as the Twins annoy me, it was sweet watching Liriano show Clemens up in his return on national TV last year.

getonbckthr
05-25-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't remember Astro minor league games being televised last year:dunno:

ComiskeyBrewer
05-26-2007, 03:49 AM
I don't remember Astro minor league games being televised last year:dunno:

They were. I remember flipping by one of em last year.

Vernam
05-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't remember Astro minor league games being televised last year:dunno:Aren't all Astro games minor league? Except the ones where we kick their asses, obviously. :cool:

The Clemens watch is the most gay thing on ESPN, which is really saying something.

Vernam

Oblong
05-26-2007, 11:05 AM
he came to Comerica Park last year and Nate Robertson outpitched him. When Clemens left the game we gave him a standing ovation but he spent the walk back to the dugout bitching at the umpire, never acknowledged us. The whole stadium as up for him. It wasn't even one of those "ha ha you are losing" ovations.

Will they show the police caravan leading him to the stadium?