PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox Brewers 3-29-02 Thread

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Is the game on TV in Chicago? Anyway, 1-0 Brewers after 2 - Wright has K'ed three through two innings of work.

Daver
03-29-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Is the game on TV in Chicago? Anyway, 1-0 Brewers after 2 - Wright has K'ed three through two innings of work.

No it isn't.

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by daver

No it isn't.

Just wondering why it hasn't been mentioned. I'm interested to see what the Sox pitching can do in non-Cactus league action.

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 07:51 PM
Ruben Quevedo pitching
----
Mark Johnson Singles to Left
Dan Wright Sacrifices MJ to 2nd
Lofton groundout to 2nd, MJ to 3rd
Durham bloopout to Center

0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors

Mid 3rd

Brewers 1 Sox 0

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Ruben Quevedo pitching
----
Mark Johnson Singles to Left
Dan Wright Sacrifices MJ to 2nd
Lofton groundout to 2nd, MJ to 3rd
Durham bloopout to Center

0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors

Mid 3rd

Brewers 1 Sox 0

Actually, an apparnent great play by Milwaukee's CF to end the inning.

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Dan Wright Pitching
----
Eric Young Bunt Single to 3rd
Ron Belliard Pops out to 1st
Jeff Hammonds grounds into a 6-4-3 Double Play

0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors

End 3rd

Brewers 1 White Sox 0

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 08:02 PM
Is it on mlb radio? i can't get it.

FarWestChicago
03-29-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Is it on mlb radio? i can't get it. The Brew Crew guys are on. No R&F.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 08:06 PM
No it isn't.

Yep, WGN would rather show WB shows.

Luckily, the Cubs-Arizona game from the BOB is on WCIU. God bless Joe Carter.

Viva Magglio
03-29-2002, 08:07 PM

In the Chicago area, you have to tune your radio to Milwaukee's WTMJ-AM (620).

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I did that, but all I get is static. The game can be heared via mlb.com as well. I couldn't get the page to load, so I'm checking this thread for my info.

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Ruben Quevedo pitching
----
Thomas Walks
Ordonez Strikes Out Swinging
Lee Flies Out To Deep Center
Valentin Strikes out Swinging

0 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 Errors

Mid 4th

Brewers 1 Sox 0

RedPinStripes
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Kool! Thanx.

czalgosz

It's on MLB radio, but they're broadcasting silence between innings. That threw me at first.

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Going to head out, someone take over for me.

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 08:14 PM

It's on MLB radio, but they're broadcasting silence between innings. That threw me at first.

I still get a blank screen on the media player. Maybe it's between innings again? :?:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:20 PM

I still get a blank screen on the media player. Maybe it's between innings again? :?:

Do you have real one player? You need to have it to listen to MLB radio.

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 08:25 PM

Do you have real one player? You need to have it to listen to MLB radio.

Ah crap! I just upgraded and didn't get real one with the new os.

More downloading of players i don't like. :angry:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:30 PM

Ah crap! I just upgraded and didn't get real one with the new os.

More downloading of players i don't like. :angry:

I know; I don't like Real either; but living out of town, I need it.

FarWestChicago
03-29-2002, 08:33 PM

I know; I don't like Real either; but living out of town, I need it. Hey, chill out on the Real dissing. I have a buddy that works for them. :smile:

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hey, chill out on the Real dissing. I have a buddy that works for them. :smile:

Tell them to cut it out with all the crappy advertisements and i might keep it after the weekend is over. As soon as the frre listening is over, i don't need mlb anymore. :D:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hey, chill out on the Real dissing. I have a buddy that works for them. :smile:

It's a good player, but very insidious. It spams my damn computer something fierce.

Daver
03-29-2002, 08:40 PM

It's a good player, but very insidious. It spams my damn computer something fierce.

Turn off the e-mail option

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Nice - two-out single by Lee scores Durham and Lofton - 2-1 Sox.

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:50 PM

Turn off the e-mail option

Thanks. I just was too lazy to sit down and figure it out. I just did it.

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Four SB's through 6 innings, much new to like this season. Anyone have the pitching lines so far? Danny Wright must have pitched well. :gulp:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by BoozeSlut
Four SB's through 6 innings, much new to like this season. Anyone have the pitching lines so far? Danny Wright must have pitched well. :gulp:

Wright pitched 4 innings, gave up 1 run in the first (wasn't listening at that point) - I didn't hear him walk anyone, and he struck out at least 3.

Barcelo is in now - he's pitched two innings, giving up 1 run (a homer to Jeff Hammonds).

2-2 after 6.

Daver
03-29-2002, 08:56 PM

Thanks. I just was too lazy to sit down and figure it out. I just did it.

Not a problem,it drove me nuts too.

MarqSox
03-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Did anyone else hear Bob Uecker freaking out about fans dropping foul balls? Was it just me, or did anyone else have a sudden fear they were listening to Chip Carey on radio for a moment there?

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Did anyone else hear Bob Uecker freaking out about fans dropping foul balls? Was it just me, or did anyone else have a sudden fear they were listening to Chip Carey on radio for a moment there?

That isn't Uecker; He only appears sometimes on the radio. This guy, whoever he is, sucks. I am having a really hard time following the action. He's rambling on and on; I stop listening, and I miss something.

MarqSox
03-29-2002, 09:13 PM

That isn't Uecker; He only appears sometimes on the radio. This guy, whoever he is, sucks. I am having a really hard time following the action. He's rambling on and on; I stop listening, and I miss something.

No, seriously, it is Uecker. I'm positive. He does all the play-by-play for WTMJ.

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Thanks for info czalgosz, really good to see Danny have a great start for a change. I think he will be a great suprise this year. Also can you tell me how to frame previous qoutes for replies like you just did from mine? Thanks in advance.

Daver, always liked your posts. I have a copy of "Weekend Warriors" on vinyl, ahhh...the good old days. :gulp:

MarqSox
03-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Here comes the new guy. Has he pitched for us yet?

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:22 PM
This will be interesting to see what we got in Marte. :gulp:

MarqSox
03-29-2002, 09:23 PM
Hey, a strikeout. I'll take that.

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Here comes the new guy. Has he pitched for us yet?

No, he just joined the team today. K'ed the only guy he faced. If this is Uecker, he's gone downhill since last I heard him. I used to listen to Brewers games about 8-10 years ago, and Uecker was really entertaining. Now he's boring.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 09:25 PM
Also can you tell me how to frame previous qoutes for replies like you just did from mine? Thanks in advance.

Hit the http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/quote.gif button on the lower right side of a post.

Daver
03-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks for info czalgosz, really good to see Danny have a great start for a change. I think he will be a great suprise this year. Also can you tell me how to frame previous qoutes for replies like you just did from mine? Thanks in advance.

Daver, always liked your posts. I have a copy of "Weekend Warriors" on vinyl, ahhh...the good old days. :gulp:

Use the quote button on the lower right hand side of the message.It does it for you automatically.

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:26 PM

No, seriously, it is Uecker. I'm positive. He does all the play-by-play for WTMJ.

I just heard this guy hand it over to Uecker, so unless he's got multiple personalities, there's more than one guy doing Play-by-play.

MarqSox
03-29-2002, 09:30 PM

I just heard this guy hand it over to Uecker, so unless he's got multiple personalities, there's more than one guy doing Play-by-play.

Yeah, I heard that too. I stand corrected. I don't know who this fool is. I listened to a lot of Brewers games last summer and I don't recall ever not hearing Uecker.

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:31 PM

Use the quote button on the lower right hand side of the message.It does it for you automatically.

Thanks Jerry and Daver.
:gulp:

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:35 PM
One more bothersome question from a WSI rookie...if i just want to "quote" part of a previous post, do I need to highlight it and then hit the quote button like a copy & paste? :?:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:36 PM
One more bothersome question from a WSI rookie...if i just want to "qoute" part of a previous post, do I need to highlight it and then hit the quote button like a copy & paste? :?:

You can edit the quote while you're writing your post, just as you can edit your own post.

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:37 PM
One more bothersome question from a WSI rookie...if i just want to "qoute" part of a previous post, do I need to highlight it and then hit the quote button like a copy & paste? :?:

The first would have been "quote"...my bad. :(:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:41 PM

The first would have been "quote"...my bad. :(:

You also can edit your posts by clicking on the "edit" button underneath your posts, if you don't like your spelling.

BoozeSlut
03-29-2002, 09:49 PM

You also can edit your posts by clicking on the "edit" button underneath your posts, if you don't like your spelling.

Thanks czalgosz, it will make me look smarter than otherwise possible. :gulp:

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Pretty good ending - Harris on 2nd, 2 out, Paul up, 4-3 Brewers. Liefer on deck.

edit - game over. Good job by Wright today.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Pretty good ending - Harris on 2nd, 2 out, Paul up, 4-3 Brewers. Liefer on deck.

edit - game over. Good job by Wright today.

Good to see the pitching step up. Who gave up the other 2 runs?

doublem23
03-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Even though it's still an L, it was reassuring to see the Sox not give up a million runs.

I'll see easier tonight.

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Good to see the pitching step up. Who gave up the other 2 runs?

Glover gave up a 2-run homer. What was nice to see was that he settled down and pitched out of the inning after that.

Chisox_cali
03-29-2002, 10:47 PM
And we got Rauch going tomorrow hopefully he can also benefit from gettin the hell out of Arizona

Randar68
03-30-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
And we got Rauch going tomorrow hopefully he can also benefit from gettin the hell out of Arizona

He gives up a lot of big flies, and if you look back at his boxscores from the spring, most of the runs given up by him were on dingers.

I still don't think he's found his release point sense the surgery and isn't as consistent in his delivery as he was before the surgery.

Daver, you hear anything about his progress?

Daver
03-30-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Daver, you hear anything about his progress?

I can only go by what I've seen,which is damn little,He will only be there till Rocky is healthy.

RedPinStripes
03-30-2002, 01:00 AM

I can only go by what I've seen,which is damn little,He will only be there till Rocky is healthy.

I think that depends on how well he's doing at the time. Could see Howrey, Wright, or barcello go back down. If Rauch recovers well, i would hope stays up here .