PDA

View Full Version : Mike Piazza....Jerk of the Year?


VeeckAsInWreck
03-29-2002, 08:12 PM
What's up with Mike Piazza!!! That pitcher that beaned him tried to apologize and he gets all upset and tries to bully him!! He should stop hanging out with Terry Bradshaw...it's making him soft! :whiner:

Daver
03-29-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
What's up with Mike Piazza!!! That pitcher that beaned him tried to apologize and he gets all upset and tries to bully him!! He should stop hanging out with Terry Bradshaw...it's making him soft! :whiner:

He's been beaned 4 times in ST,if he felt it was done I purpose why shoudn't he get P.O.ed?

RichH55
03-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by daver


He's been beaned 4 times in ST,if he felt it was done I purpose why shoudn't he get P.O.ed?


Mike Piazza doesnt have the kind of track record that makes me think....hey let's give Mikey the benefit of the doubt, he seems like a standup guy.......of course thats just my opinion of Piazza, but as its mine I think its valid:)

VeeckAsInWreck
03-29-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by daver


He's been beaned 4 times in ST,if he felt it was done I purpose why shoudn't he get P.O.ed?

When Clemens beaned him it was done on purpose. this is ST...no one has their control there, not even our beloved Sox! besides Piazza needs to learn to move out of the way!

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by daver


He's been beaned 4 times in ST,if he felt it was done I purpose why shoudn't he get P.O.ed?

With as many times as Piazza is hit by pitches, there are two possible scenarios here - (1) He is standing too close to the plate or (2) There are several pitchers that have personal vendettas against him. Which is the more plausible scenario?

Soxheads
03-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz


With as many times as Piazza is hit by pitches, there are two possible scenarios here - (1) He is standing too close to the plate or (2) There are several pitchers that have personal vendettas against him. Which is the more plausible scenario?

1

awesomefan
03-30-2002, 09:50 PM
I only have good things to say about Mike Piazza.

From what I've seen of him over the years, he's one of the nicest guys in baseball.

I can understand where he's gettin' tired & sick of gettin' hit by pitches. Especially those head shots by creeps like Roger Clemens.

czalgosz
03-30-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by awesomefan
I only have good things to say about Mike Piazza.

From what I've seen of him over the years, he's one of the nicest guys in baseball.

I can understand where he's gettin' tired & sick of gettin' hit by pitches. Especially those head shots by creeps like Roger Clemens.

He's supposed to be a nice guy, but he's got a short fuse, from what I've heard.

In this case, though, the guy clearly wasn't trying to hit him. He had been having control problems all game, and he hit him on a 3-0 pitch with a runner on first.

Besides, noone tries to hit someone during a Spring Training game.

Dadawg_77
03-31-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by RichH55



Mike Piazza doesnt have the kind of track record that makes me think....hey let's give Mikey the benefit of the doubt, he seems like a standup guy.......of course thats just my opinion of Piazza, but as its mine I think its valid:)

When did you become BMR?

Question, could Piazza be playing mind games? Get in the pitchers face and maybe scare him from throwing inside next time they face each other? Or could be Mike is getting mad at being hit all the time.

baggio202
03-31-2002, 02:32 AM
i think some of john mcenroe rubbed off on him in those 10-10-220 cmmercials :D:

Jerry_Manuel
03-31-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Question, could Piazza be playing mind games? Get in the pitchers face and maybe scare him from throwing inside next time they face each other? Or could be Mike is getting mad at being hit all the time.

Perhaps my eyes decieved me but the pitch in question hit him in the ass. If a pitcher was trying to hit him, he wouldn't hit him in the ass.

Spiff
03-31-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Perhaps my eyes decieved me but the pitch in question hit him in the ass. If a pitcher was trying to hit him, he wouldn't hit him in the ass.

Maybe that's what he wanted people to think.

GASHWOUND
03-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00


Maybe that's what he wanted people to think.

Nah, this guy has been having control problems all spring, and when Piazza was choking the life out of him did you see that guys face? He looked like a scared puppy. There was no malice in the guy, you can tell.
And Piazza was just being a big bully, he looked like he took some lessons from latrell Sprewell with that rage.
So he'll have a shiner on his ass,no need to choke the life out of someone.

Mathew
03-31-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77


When did you become BMR?

Question, could Piazza be playing mind games? Get in the pitchers face and maybe scare him from throwing inside next time they face each other? Or could be Mike is getting mad at being hit all the time.

Bingo. I was thinking the same thing. Frank has always been known for crowding the plate and acting like pitches that were pretty well strikes were so far inside that he always jumped out of the way. It worked untill the bad season he had the Umps got wise and overcompensated by calling strikes that were way inside. Piazza may not be the same but if you can work your own strike zone with an ump, why not scare a pitcher away from jamming you too?

Bisco Stu
03-31-2002, 08:12 PM
Whoa, dissing Mikey P AND Terry in the same thread??? As a LIFELONG Mets and STEELERS fan, I can't accept that.

Mike P = Greatest offensive catcher in BB history.

Terry = Best "bad-weather" QB in NFL history.

Show some respect.

Being a Mets and White Sox fan = Anti-Cub.

That's me, for 36 years now.

Bisco Stu
03-31-2002, 08:14 PM
And yes, of course, I'm flying into Chi for the Mets-White Sox series. Won't know who to root for. Guess whoever needs the wins more.

Daver
03-31-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu


Mike P = Greatest offensive catcher in BB history.



Johnny Bench may disagree with that.