PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why...?

JermaineDye05
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
does ESPN televise the Clemens minor league games, it can't be because he's a Yankee since they did it when he was with Houston. I just don't see why he's so special, they never show any other players minor league rehab starts.

soltrain21
05-23-2007, 10:09 PM
He signs with any other team that isn't the Yankees or the Red Sox and they don't show them.

Its tiresome, but whatever. It makes it so much sweeter when those two teams fall on their faces.

lakeviewsoxfan
05-23-2007, 10:11 PM
He signs with any other team that isn't the Yankees or the Red Sox and they don't show them.

Its tiresome, but whatever. It makes it so much sweeter when those two teams fall on their faces.

Wrong! They were like flys on **** when he was doing it for Houston. I think it might have to do something with that he is the arguably the best pitcher of all time.

gosiu
05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
does ESPN televise the Clemens minor league games, it can't be because he's a Yankee since they did it when he was with Houston.

Way to ignore the very first sentence buddy.

Like I always say, it's better than three hours of Poker.

Daver
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Wrong! They were like flys on **** when he was doing it for Houston. I think it might have to do something with that he is the arguably the best pitcher of all time.

The ghost of Cy Young would argue this point.

FedEx227
05-23-2007, 11:39 PM
The ghost of Cy Young would argue this point.

As would Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson and Grover Cleveland Alexander.

chisoxmike
05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
1) Because it's ESPN

2) Because it's Rodger Clemens

3) Because he signed with the Yankees

4) It's probably in his contract

UserNameBlank
05-23-2007, 11:54 PM
As would Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson and Grover Cleveland Alexander.
And Chad Gaudin.

kittle42
05-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I used to feel the same way, but a friend of mine brought to my attention that (1) he's one of the greatest pitchers of all time; (2) they did it when he was with Houston; and (3) a hypothetical - don't you think they'd do it if Michael Jordan decided to come back and played in an NBDL game?

soxfanatlanta
05-24-2007, 07:55 AM
(3) a hypothetical - don't you think they'd do it if Michael Jordan decided to come back and played in an NBDL game?

If he signed with the Celtics, or Knicks - sure. :tongue:

itsnotrequired
05-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I used to feel the same way, but a friend of mine brought to my attention that (1) he's one of the greatest pitchers of all time; (2) they did it when he was with Houston; and (3) a hypothetical - don't you think they'd do it if Michael Jordan decided to come back and played in an NBDL game?

And that's why I don't have a problem with it. Besides, how many minor league players get exposure on a national level? Other than the Futures Game and minor league All Star game, I can't think of many other games. Sure, without Clemens the game wouldn't even be on TV but some young prospect may make a splash of his own.

This was on ESPN2, correct? What would people rather see, baseball or another Strongman contest?:redneck

SoxFan78
05-24-2007, 09:10 AM
And that's why I don't have a problem with it. Besides, how many minor league players get exposure on a national level? Other than the Futures Game and minor league All Star game, I can't think of many other games. Sure, without Clemens the game wouldn't even be on TV but some young prospect may make a splash of his own.

This was on ESPN2, correct? What would people rather see, baseball or another Strongman contest?:redneck

They were supposed to be showing the UEFA Champions league final. When I saw clemens pitching I got pissed. Now answer me this cause I turned it off really quick. Did they show just Rogers innings or the whole game?

I know the first game they only showed his inning and thats complete bull****. If they show the whole game, that makes it a little better. At least some other players are getting recognition, but if its all about him, go to hell.

SOXPHILE
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
The only upside to it is that, unlike last year, we don't have Jeff Brantly at the minor league stadium, dressed in his baseball pants, standing on one of the bullpen pitchers' mounds, explaining to us the how Roger pitches.

bigsoxfan420
05-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Is it just me, or is ESPN playing even MORE Yankees games this year? I was in Maui (I know you're all happy for me) and it seemed like every day the yankees were on.

itsnotrequired
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Is it just me, or is ESPN playing even MORE Yankees games this year? I was in Maui (I know you're all happy for me) and it seemed like every day the yankees were on.

They had a lot of April/May games but only a handful more for the rest of the season.

downstairs
05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
You may not like him (I don't), but he's one of the greatest pitchers of all time. And in the argument of "the greatest".