PDA

View Full Version : Texas CAN schedule a day game

hose
05-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I can remember hearing Hawk complain about the Rangers not being very accommodating to the White Sox over the years for scheduling an afternoon game on travel day.

Today the Rangers played an afternoon game and both Texas and Minnesota are off tomorrow....what gives?

MDF3530
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Do you wanna be out in direct sunlight in 100+ degree heat?

DeadMoney
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I can remember hearing Hawk complain about the Rangers not being very accommodating to the White Sox over the years for scheduling an afternoon game on travel day.

Today the Rangers played an afternoon game and both Texas and Minnesota are off tomorrow....what gives?

It's not the middle of summer yet.

"Weather: 81 degrees, cloudy."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=AsVHh_7fneQuVjskdB_ENHsRvLYF?gid=270 523113

JohnTucker0814
05-23-2007, 06:22 PM
it kind of upsets me the game was scheduled so early, I didn't have a chance this morning to put Boof Bonser in my starting line up... I lost a win because of it!!! ugh!

hose
05-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Do you wanna be out in direct sunlight in 100+ degree heat?

On get away day a day game is more preferable especially if you have to travel to the either Oak/LA/Seattle.

I know it's been a sore spot with the Sox and Texas.

Frater Perdurabo
05-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I know it's been a sore spot with the Sox and Texas.

The Angels haven't been very accommodating with teams that have to travel back East, either.

Britt Burns
05-24-2007, 01:33 AM
The Rangers will schedule day getaway games...2005 was one, if I recall correctly. It was one of McCarthy's first starts. I pretty well fried during that game, and others I have been to there. I can't imagine that players would prefer the extra 5-6 hours at the hotel (before a night game, of course) at the expense of a miserably hot, draining afternoon in the Texas sun.

TDog
05-24-2007, 01:43 AM
I have a fairly vivid memory of the Sox playing a Thursday afternoon game in Texas. It was on May 9. I listened to most of it in a Wisconsin laundromat. Benoit stifled the Sox, who only got four hits in the game. Ritchie didn't pitch badly. He even had a quality start, giving up only three runs in the 4-1 loss. He fell to 3-3 for the season.

the only thing worse than night games in Texas are day games in Texas.