PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Coach Walker regarding our Sox

Viva Magglio
07-31-2001, 10:22 PM
http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nw/sports/m-footbl/00-01action/a-walker.jpg

Dear Coach Walker,

As the head coach of my No. 3 team, you better have your team ready to play when they take the field against UNLV. I turn to you as my last hope to provide me with local sports happiness. My No. 1 team, the White Sox, have done nothing but bring me complete heartache. My No. 2 team, the Loyola Ramblers, also provide heartache but that is expected heartache simply because the basketball program has been a joke since 1985.

The way our team played tonight, Coach, it would be as if your team gets shut out by Navy 3-0 on a last minute field goal. Our 3-4-5 hitters, for the most part, played as if Damien Anderson decided to run behind the line of scrimmage and out of bounds in a 3rd and 3 situation. Heck, the play of our batters in the 10th inning tonight would be like Zak Kustok taking a knee in a 1st down goal-to-goal situation.

Unfortunately, Coach, the man running our team does not have the motivational skills you do. He is a very likable nice man, but that is the problem. He won't challenge dead weight on the team like you do. He won't read his team the riot act as you did after last year's dumb loss to Iowa.

Coach, I'll need your team to win and win big into BCS contention territory. I will need that from you not only as a soothing relief from this joke of a White Sox season but also a cushioning blow from the potential of our North Side neighbors winning big. You see, their winning has prompted their media allies to unlesh all their bias against us but it will siphon media attention away from your team as well. Even If your team is ranked No. 1 in both major polls by October, you'd still have to play at best second fiddle to that team at the hands of their biased media allies.

We need your team to march into a January bowl game and make us forget this most horrible baseball season.

Sincerely,

ˇViva Mágglio!

Daver
07-31-2001, 10:24 PM
From what I have been looking at you may get your wish.

FarWestChicago
07-31-2001, 10:25 PM
We need your team to march into a January bowl game and make us forget this most horrible baseball season.

I'm with you Viva.

Iguana775
08-01-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nw/sports/m-footbl/00-01action/a-walker.jpg
Our 3-4-5 hitters, for the most part, played as if Damien Anderson decided to run behind the line of scrimmage and out of bounds in a 3rd and 3 situation.

aint that the damned truth!!!!!!!