PDA

View Full Version : Arod into 2nd Hard?

WS in 05
05-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Just saw the video of A-Rod going into second, in there game versus the Red Sox, to break up a double play. Quite an awkward way of getting up/slash disrupting the the 2nd baseman.

First the way he tried to break up thats play at first then the punch against varitek and now this.......Whats with this guy?

champagne030
05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Just saw the video of A-Rod going into second, in there game versus the Red Sox, to break up a double play. Quite an awkward way of getting up/slash disrupting the the 2nd baseman.

First the way he tried to break up thats play at first then the punch against varitek and now this.......Whats with this guy?

Pedroia is a pantywaist to think it was an attempt to injure him. It probably should've been interference, but it was a shove with the forearm to the hip, not some attempt to take his knees out.

WS in 05
05-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Thats not the everyday way to come out of a slide

ND_Sox_Fan
05-23-2007, 05:26 PM
Thats not the everyday way to come out of a slide

No it was not. The slide was weak and he tried to make-up for it with the forearm. The forearm should qualify him for (i) an interference call and (ii) a drop-down toss past his head on the next double play.

HotelWhiteSox
05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Boston should hit him

I guess he loves this stuff on the field. I remember in 05 when we played them there, and he stuck his foot out on that throw from the outfield and screwed an out for us

waldo_the_wolf
05-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Does anyone besides me really not like A-Rod, sure he's an unbelievable player, but he seems to always be trying to cheat. I still recall that play in the playoffs when he tried to slap the ball out of the first baseman's mitt, I also remember the play hotel is referring to against the Sox. Plus, he seems like a whiner, too. I'll never forget when he first returned to Texas and was griping about being booed. Before anyone asks, yes, I'd love to have him on my team, but he's not on my favorite players list. Not as bad as Barroids or Sosa, but still I dislike him.

Nellie_Fox
05-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Does anyone besides me ...Be assured: no matter what the issue, there's always someone besides you.

ChiSoxRowand
05-26-2007, 12:54 AM
It was a dirty play. They should have drilled him.

waldo_the_wolf
05-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Be assured: no matter what the issue, there's always someone besides you.

okay, let me rephrase: anyone on this site who will say so, that's not always as common :tongue:

Madvora
05-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Is there a clip of this anywhere?

I found a still picture though.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/apphoto/photo?photoId=1579069&sportId=10

CubKilla
05-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Payrod's a scumbag. I hope every team he goes to shrivel's and dies just like Texas and New York currently as long as he's there.