PDA

View Full Version : train status

ChiSoxIn06
05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong topic but i am going to my first game of the year tonight and was curious on what the status of the blue line and red line were as far as delays and such...any insight would be helpful...thanks

C-Dawg
05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmmm, I remember just a couple days ago on the news they had a story saying that all the feared delays on the CTA have turned out to be almost non-existant.

Myself, I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. I suspect you'll be taking the Blue Line in from Forest Park, and transferring over to the Red at Jackson (I go that way too). Keep in mind that on weekends, they have the Red Line detouring over the elevated structure, so you'd have to make the transfer at Clark/Lake (actually get on the green or orange there, and switch over to the red at Roosevelt). But going tonight, you'll won't see any detours.

jenn2080
05-23-2007, 12:20 PM
hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong topic but i am going to my first game of the year tonight and was curious on what the status of the blue line and red line were as far as delays and such...any insight would be helpful...thanks

You will be fine. Nothing really noticable.

Luke
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
The only thing of note is that you're transfering to the Red Line from the Blue Line, you have to transfer at Jackson, I think Washington is closed for a while.

ChiSoxIn06
05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
ok yeah i am taking the blue line in from ohare and will have to transfer at jackson to the red then

dllrbll7
05-23-2007, 12:48 PM
ok yeah i am taking the blue line in from ohare and will have to transfer at jackson to the red then

I would plan for an hour and a half trip on the el. It will take about an hr to get to Jackson from Ohare with all their slow zones.

ChiSoxIn06
05-23-2007, 01:01 PM
ok thanks for the help

GlassSox
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
The only thing of note is that you're transfering to the Red Line from the Blue Line, you have to transfer at Jackson, I think Washington is closed for a while.

You are correct, Washington is closed for a while.

russ99
05-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I would plan for an hour and a half trip on the el. It will take about an hr to get to Jackson from Ohare with all their slow zones.

The slow zone between Division and Grand seems a lot faster these days.

areilly
05-23-2007, 03:09 PM

According to the CTA's latest slow zone map, it's been reduced to the 3000 feet between Grand and Clark/Lake, although I know that's a blatant lie as crews are still working daily in the tunnels between Grand and Division, limiting the trains to 6 mph.

dcb56
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Ya, it doesn't seem as bad as before. Blue Line from Jefferson Park takes thirty minutes to get downtown and fifty minutes to get to the Cell. From OHare (or will you be getting on the train in Rosemont?), I'd add another 10-15 minutes travel time.

C-Dawg
05-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Is the Forest Park branch an option for you? It might be faster - although if the Forest Park terminal is far from where you live, that'll cancel out any savings in travel time onboard the train.

thegooch
05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Is the Forest Park branch an option for you? It might be faster - although if the Forest Park terminal is far from where you live, that'll cancel out any savings in travel time onboard the train.
huh?

C-Dawg
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
huh?

huh yourself.

If he lives in Itasca and wants to take the Blue line, he can catch it at either end of the line - O'Hare or Forest Park. The slow trackage is most common on the O'Hare portion of the line, so I'm suggesting he board at Forest Park to avoid the slow track. Either way, the transfer to the Red Line is made at Jackson (since Washington is closed).

However, maybe he prefers to board at O'Hare (or Rosemont, Cumberland, etc) if that's easier to get to from Itasca. I don't know.

I like Forest Park since it has ample parking and is right off the expressway.

SoxFan78
05-23-2007, 04:51 PM
huh yourself.

If he lives in Itasca and wants to take the Blue line, he can catch it at either end of the line - O'Hare or Forest Park. The slow trackage is most common on the O'Hare portion of the line, so I'm suggesting he board at Forest Park to avoid the slow track. Either way, the transfer to the Red Line is made at Jackson (since Washington is closed).

However, maybe he prefers to board at O'Hare (or Rosemont, Cumberland, etc) if that's easier to get to from Itasca. I don't know.

I like Forest Park since it has ample parking and is right off the expressway.

If coming from Itasca and going to the forest park blue line I would tell him take route 83 to roosevelt east, take that to desplaines Ave and go north on Desplaines Ave. to the train station. Beats sitting in traffic on 290 if it's bad.