PDA

View Full Version : *official* Can You Say Offense!?!?! Sox Win Biiig!! 5/22/2007 Postgame Thread

MCHSoxFan
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Everything was great. Pitching, defense, and... OFFENSE!! Well, maybe, the bullpen...again. Another 10 run game. This coud be a start to something GREAT for a LOOONG time. JUST KEEP IT UP SOX!!! Also, JIM THOME GOT A HOMIE!!! :D:

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

FYI: DET LOST!

fuzzy_patters
05-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Everything was great. Pitching, defense, and... OFFENSE!! Well, maybe, the bullpen...again. Another 10 run game. This coud be a start to something GREAT for a LOOONG time. JUST KEEP IT UP SOX!!! Also, JIM THOME GOT A HOMIE!!! :D:

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

FYI: DET LOST!

That's 28 runs in three games since Thome returned.

delben91
05-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Well spelled.

Jurr
Great job by the offense and the young man on the bump!

The bullpen received on opporunity to get some low pressure work in, and we have a new mantra:

Sisco has got to go.

ilsox7
Lots of runs = happiness!

WizardsofOzzie
05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Nice to see the offense wake up. Hope Andy enjoys his plane ride to Charlotte. Who will we bring up?

Bucky F. Dent
"Don't worry, Andrew. Herm will pick up your dry cleaning."

MCHSoxFan
Well spelled.

Thank you!, thank you! :)

whitesoxfan
05-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Offense was awesome tonight. Danks didn't have his best stuff, but still got another great start for the rotation. 2/3's of the bullpen was also great. I have a feeling that Sisco is going to be outrighted pretty soon, and like I said in the game thread, it would be best for him and the organization if that were to happen. Try to work up his arm strength and try to convert him back to a starter.

Let's get the sweep tomorrow!

whitesoxfan
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Nice to see the offense wake up. Hope Andy enjoys his plane ride to Charlotte. Who will we bring up?

Personally, I'd love to see Vasquez brought up. He has yet to allow a run at Charlotte and has been very dominant all year long. But Prinz or Bukvich would be the more likely options, just because of the experience factor.

Jurr
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Offense was awesome tonight. Danks didn't have his best stuff, but still got another great start for the rotation. 2/3's of the bullpen was also great. I have a feeling that Sisco is going to be outrighted pretty soon, and like I said in the game thread, it would be best for him and the organization if that were to happen. Try to work up his arm strength and try to convert him back to a starter.

Starter? All the kid has is a fastball, and he can't control THAT!

JB98
05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
That was refreshing. Easy win, although watching Sisco pitch makes me reach for the Pepto these days.

MCHSoxFan

You just jinxed the sweep!

:o:

oeo
How can Sisco even get in a rhythm when he's throwing one pitch per minute? Speed it up, son.

The Immigrant
05-22-2007, 09:50 PM

He and Cotts would make one hell of a starter combo.

whitesoxfan

He used to be a starter and was pretty effective in doing so.

NSSoxFan
You jus jinxed the sweep!

:o:

Great spelling!

Navarro's Talent
I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again tonight:

Offense. It's a beautiful thing. :cool:

Jurr
05-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Sox are 4-1 vs. Oakland, and they blew the other game. Things are looking up!

Johnny Mostil
That's 28 runs in three games since Thome returned.

Dang . . . compared to 29 runs in the ten games before he returned . . . I'm too lazy to look up all the games he was out . . .

The Immigrant
3 games back of the Tigers now.

Time for our Sox to peel off a nice, long winning streak.

It's Dankerific
05-22-2007, 09:53 PM
How can Sisco even get in a rhythm when he's throwing one pitch per minute? Speed it up, son.

Ozzie doesn't want him to be in a rythm because he hates him.

Jurr
He used to be a starter and was pretty effective in doing so.
Was this in the minors? His MLB numbers are consistently mid to high 4's in ERA and a little under a BB per inning.

MRM
28 runs scored in the last 3 games?

Can't be.

NOBODY on this team can hit the ball. Isn't that what this forum taught me?

How did this happen?

Maybe the sky HASN'T fallen???

ilsox7
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM
3 games back of the Tigers now. Indians are losing by one run in the bottom of the 8th.

Time for our Sox to peel off a nice, long winning streak.

Only 2 back in the column that counts!

delben91
05-22-2007, 09:54 PM

Ozzie hates your misuse of teal too.

Great game all around (save Sisco). Amazing to see that lineup getting a bit warmer. :cool:

WizardsofOzzie
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM

:bundy

What is that color!!!????

JB98
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Sox are 4-1 vs. Oakland, and they blew the other game. Things are looking up!

No, they're not. The Sox lost two in a row to the Cubs. The Sox seem to be trending downward. The Cubs are in much better shape.

PeoriaSoxFan
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Danks is impressive. So is Jim Thome. Please stay healthy. Lets get on a roll and have some fun now.

Too bad the game was on WCIU.

chisox77
That's three wins in a row for Danks, plus a strong outing by Massett against the Cubs on Sunday.

Danks has wins over the Twins, Yankees, and A's - not too bad. There will be plenty more.

:cool:

eastchicagosoxfan
"Don't worry, Andrew. Herm will pick up your dry cleaning."
Coop: So, Andrew, are you a big Nascar fan?
Sisco: Uhg?
Coop: You know, Dale Jr., Jeff Gordon, those guys.
Sisco: Oh, those guys, yea. Why?
Coop: They have a big race Sunday.
Sisco: Ugh?!?!!
Coop: In Charlotte!!! One more walk and you'll be able to see the race!!
Sisco: Ugh?!!

Jurr
No, they're not. The Sox lost two in a row to the Cubs. The Sox seem to be trending downward. The Cubs are in much better shape.
Damn, you're right!!!! Ewww! We suck!

delben91

Can I get a graph from someone here displaying the Sox downward trend? I think my calculations show they'll actually have negative wins by August 17th.

whitesoxfan
05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Was this in the minors? His MLB numbers are consistently mid to high 4's in ERA and a little under a BB per inning.

Yes, it was in the minors. He's been a reliever ever since KC took him in the Rule 5 draft.

Jurr
05-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Royals win! Indians lose! Beautiful night all around!

delben91
05-22-2007, 10:00 PM
:indianslose

aryzner
Royals win! Indians lose! Beautiful night all around!
I'll drink to that! :gulp:

sox1970
Next start for Danks? Against Johan. Can't wait.

RowanDye
Dank you, Dank you very much! :D:

Congrats to John on his second win. He must be happy to finally get some run support.

The only guy I'm really worried about now, other than Sisco, is Tadahito.

I think Ozzie needs to just a pick a spot for Gooch and leave him there until Pods comes back. Then if he needs to shuffle things around again, make a change and leave that for a while too. It's amazing what Thome's presence does for the offense though.

Jurr
05-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Congrats to John on his second win. He must be happy to finally get some run support.

I think Ozzie needs to just a pick a spot for Gooch and leave him there until Pods comes back. Then if he needs to shuffle things around again, make a change and leave that for a while too. It's amazing what Thome's presence does for the offense though.
He's got three, but who's counting?

CLR01
05-22-2007, 10:02 PM

2nd? Did the last one not count? :tongue:

BeviBall!
05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Danks battled and the offense exploded. It's so good to have Thome back.

Jurr
05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
The thread's losing steam at 42 posts. Our over/under was 85. Good for you if you took the under!

BeviBall!
05-22-2007, 10:06 PM
You jus jinxed the sweep!

That's more like it.

Blueprint1
05-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I like what I see right now. Its great when you can watch a game and know that you are going to win. Now lets sweep this series.

AnkleSox
05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Where's that thread that talked about how Thome had a negative effect on the mentality of this lineup?

With the pitching resembling 2005, and the hitting starting to resemble last year, this team is starting to look pretty damn scary. What I wouldn't give for an extended winning streak.

By the way, I am now 11 for my last 11 games attended dating back to last year. Who wants to give me season tickets?

thomas35forever
05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Everything clicked well for us tonight!:D:

Well, almost everything. I'd say Sisco is a few shaky outings away from being sent down. Otherwise, great effort by everyone!

TheOldRoman
05-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I noticed that today for the first time. I think I may have found Andrew's problem - he needs a smaller pair of pants. Everytime he throws a pitch, he has to pull up his pants afterwards. I have worn large pants for short periods of time after losing weight, and it is a little uncomfortable. Get this kid smaller pants, and he will be throwing up goose eggs.
Seriously though, it was frustrating watching him pitch tonight. I hope he gets a little more time before he gets sent down. I think he can be huge for us this season, and in the future. I knew when we got him that it would take a while to get him straightened out. Hopefully the offense has come around, so Andrew can get more garbage time to get some innings in.

sox1970
05-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I like what I see right now. Its great when you can watch a game and know that you are going to win. Now lets sweep this series.

Darn right. 2 out of 3 mentality will send teams home for October. Playoff teams have winning streaks.

RowanDye
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
He's got three, but who's counting?

Oops, that's what I thought. :redface:

The Immigrant
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Darn right. 2 out of 3 mentality will send teams home for October. Playoff teams have winning streaks.

With an off day on Thursday, the chances of seeing a getaway day lineup tomorrow are slim. Let's keep this thing going.

flo-B-flo
05-22-2007, 10:20 PM
No, they're not. The Sox lost two in a row to the Cubs. The Sox seem to be trending downward. The Cubs are in much better shape. Is this a Paul Sullivan headline?:smile:

The Immigrant
05-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Is this a Paul Sullivan headline?:smile:

No, but it is basically Phil Rogers' column from Sunday. What a hack.

TheOldRoman
05-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Please. A 2 out of 3 mentality would put a team in the playoffs. If you win 2 out of every 3, that is 108 wins. Don't think for a second that the Sox plan on losing tomorrow just because they won the series already. Nobody is going to take it easy because they won the last two.

Hitmen77
05-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Is this a Paul Sullivan headline?:smile:

...or Greg Couch.

Jurr
05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Please. A 2 out of 3 mentality would put a team in the playoffs. If you win 2 out of every 3, that is 108 wins. Don't think for a second that the Sox plan on losing tomorrow just because they won the series already. Nobody is going to take it easy because they won the last two.
...especially considering they have an off day coming up. Sometimes you plan a B lineup against teams after winning the first two on "getaway days". Not this time. No way.

TheOldRoman
05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Where's that thread that talked about how Thome had a negative effect on the mentality of this lineup?

With the pitching resembling 2005, and the hitting starting to resemble last year, this team is starting to look pretty damn scary. What I wouldn't give for an extended winning streak.

By the way, I am now 11 for my last 11 games attended dating back to last year. Who wants to give me season tickets?
No it isn't, and that is a good thing. Last year was 11 runs one day (9 on homers), 4 the next day, and 2 the day after that. These last few days the Sox have been stringing together hits much more than they ever did last year. Yesterday they scored 8 with a homer. Hopefully they can be less reliant on homers and less streaky than last year.

ZombieRob
Sox crush A's ,Cubs and the Great Rich Hill getting crushed by the Padres ,Great Night!!!

BarbG
Get this kid smaller pants, and he will be throwing up goose eggs.

:rolling:
The visual I got reading this sentence almost made me bust my stitches!

What a great game. Danks did a great job, offense did a great job, nice to see the "real" Aardsma back. Keep it up!

sox1970
05-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Yes, but no team ever wins every series. It seems like too many Sox players/coaches talk about winning series, and it drives me nuts. I know it's cliche, but they should just be thinking about winning the game they're playing that day. If they're playing good baseball, they're going to win a lot of games fast. A few 15-5 stretches during the season will get them in.

gobears1987
05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
The biggest thing about tonight is the fact that Danks still got a QS without his best stuff.

I keep wondering when that bad start will happen. You know it happens to all pitchers, but I'm beginning to think it won't happen to Danks.

ZombieRob
05-22-2007, 10:30 PM
That and the fact, that i believe he was getting squeezed at the plate tonite.

sox1970
05-22-2007, 10:32 PM
The biggest thing about tonight is the fact that Danks still got a QS without his best stuff.

I keep wondering when that bad start will happen. You know it happens to all pitchers, but I'm beginning to think it won't happen to Danks.

Yeah, Danks could have had a bad inning in the second, but Gooch made the nice play.

I was wrong about Danks coming out of spring training. I thought he was going to have a lot of starts where he struggled--which is normal for most young pitchers. He's been outstanding.

I have a dilemma--do I golf on Monday or do I go to the Dome for Danks and Santana?

gobears1987
05-22-2007, 10:32 PM
That and the fact, that i believe he was getting squeezed at the plate tonite.
A lot of rookies melt when they don't have their best pitches working and are being squeezed. Danks just goes out there and throws.

gobears1987
05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I have a dilemma--do I golf on Monday or do I go to the Dome for Danks and Santana?Danks and Santana. I was at Danks' debut and he was one pitch away from beating Santana in a 1-0 game.

Besides, Santana has been hit recently.

I also heard that Ozzie's mother is coming up to cook for the Twinkies on Sunday.:redneck

TheOldRoman
05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, but no team ever wins every series. It seems like too many Sox players/coaches talk about winning series, and it drives me nuts. I know it's cliche, but they should just be thinking about winning the game they're playing that day. If they're playing good baseball, they're going to win a lot of games fast. A few 15-5 stretches during the season will get them in.Maybe that is just their way of being rational and dealing with a 162 game season. A great team will lose 60 gamesin baseball. If they were reactionary and slitting their wrists with every loss, they wouldn't make it through the season. Saying you want to win a series, or saying you are satisfied with 2 of 3, doesn't mean you let up in the third game or don't try because you already won the series. They Sox would love to ramble off 30 wins in a row, but they realize that if they win 20 of those, they are still red hot.

ZombieRob
05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
A lot of rookies melt when they don't have their best pitches working and are being squeezed. Danks just goes out there and throws.
I agree totally .He has one of the best mound presence i have seen in a long time.

AnkleSox
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM
No it isn't, and that is a good thing. Last year was 11 runs one day (9 on homers), 4 the next day, and 2 the day after that. These last few days the Sox have been stringing together hits much more than they ever did last year. Yesterday they scored 8 with a homer. Hopefully they can be less reliant on homers and less streaky than last year.

Well, that was pretty much the second half. The first half of last year if I remember correctly, they were a lot more consistent.

But I do agree with what you're saying, and I hope this trend continues. They've been hitting the homers, but stringing together base hits as well, which is very promising.

Still waiting for someone to offer me season tickets because of my 11-0 record in my last 11 games :D:

Dan Mega
05-22-2007, 10:39 PM

I hope Coop or time in AAA can fix him. He has some decent stuff and a good fastball if it bites right. OEO is right though, I bet if he pulled a Buehrle and sped things up he may not have time to think, therefore pitches better.

thedudeabides
05-22-2007, 10:44 PM
...especially considering they have an off day coming up. Sometimes you plan a B lineup against teams after winning the first two on "getaway days". Not this time. No way.

With the injuries lately, we're basically running out a B lineup most days. The only difference we could really have tomorrow is if Terrero and Hall play. Cintron, Pablo, and Mack played the last two games, as is.

cbotnyse
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
2 pictures I snapped tonight. Great game. :gulp:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/Picture064.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/cbotnyse/Picture055.jpg

edit: thats the view from saly99's seats. Thanks for the tickets!

kaufsox
05-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Ho-hum. Another series win. Man, I hate when a team is trending downward like this. I wish we had a reason to be optimistic

DumpJerry
05-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Next start for Danks? Against Johan. Can't wait.

I have a dilemma--do I golf on Monday or do I go to the Dome for Danks and Santana?
Go golf. Danks will start on Sunday, not Monday. He's the Number 5 Starter. Because of the rain out last week, Ozzie flipped him and Jose the last two games to prevent a long layover for Danks. Tomorrow is Garland (2), Thursday is an off-day, Friday is Burls (3), Saturday is Javy (4) and Sunday is Danks' turn. It will be Jose vs. Johan on Monday.

By the way, Johan has lost at least two at home so far this season.

oeo
05-22-2007, 11:41 PM
By the way, Johan has lost at least two at home so far this season.

He also looks to be going back to his normal self after pitching a gem tonight. 24 K's in his last two starts. :(:

Tragg
05-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Nice win. Good effort by Danks, great to see Thome back and Dye is heating up.
Rob M hit well for us last year, so he should settle in in LF.
Clev, Minny and Det are good, but none of them are great; I still think we have the best pitching in this division, top to bottom.

DumpJerry
05-22-2007, 11:47 PM
With each outing, Danks gets more and more votes for ROY.

Something that does not get a lot mention about Danks are his mentors. Everyone knows about Buehrle taking him under his wing during ST, hence his patient, unflappable style.

However, Danks has another mentor. The mentor is someone who has been a long-time family friend of the Danks family. This guy has mentored Danks all the way through his high school days, etc. Who is this person? Nolan Ryan.

Kid can't go wrong.

Tragg
05-23-2007, 12:01 AM
He also looks to be going back to his normal self after pitching a gem tonight. 24 K's in his last two starts. :(:

I watched a lot of that game...he was really good. Made Texiaria look like a fool several times. Young hit a shot off the wall for a triple and Sosa hit a homer - that was about it.

He's one of the best pitchers in the league - no news there.

RadioheadRocks
05-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network gets a rare kudos tonight for making Danks' behind-the-back comebacker grab the #2 play of the night. :smile:

itsnotrequired
05-23-2007, 05:51 AM
I like winners.

Sig update time...

It's Dankerific
05-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network gets a rare kudos tonight for making Danks' behind-the-back comebacker grab the #2 play of the night. :smile:

I seriously cannot fathom how the standard SS ballerina twist was #1 over Danks' grab.

(it was a san diego player too!)

SBSoxFan
05-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Well spelled.

Except for 'big'.

Anyway, I would like to welcome the Chicago White Sox offense to the 2007 major league baseball season --- better late than never!

A note to all the pp's out there: This team has won 5 of 7, 11 of 16, and 5 of their last 6 series. Completing the sweep tonight is the equivalent of winning each of their last 6 series. Yet they are only 4 games over .500, and, in the last 10 games, they've actually lost 1 game in the standings to Cleveland. A baseball season is indeed a marathon so stay off the ledge for awhile, ok? I, for one, believe the Sox will be there in the end. :smile:

Zisk77
05-23-2007, 09:23 AM
What was that stuff where sox players touch home plate multiple times in a game called again? Oh yeah, offense and scoring...welcome back!:bandance: Danks u very much! :wink:

Hitmen77
05-23-2007, 10:26 AM
E

A note to all the pp's out there: This team has won 5 of 7, 11 of 16, and 5 of their last 6 series. Completing the sweep tonight is the equivalent of winning each of their last 6 series. Yet they are only 4 games over .500, and, in the last 10 games, they've actually lost 1 game in the standings to Cleveland. A baseball season is indeed a marathon so stay off the ledge for awhile, ok? I, for one, believe the Sox will be there in the end. :smile:

Just like always, the Sox are flying under the radar. They win 11 out of 16 and we hear in the media that the Sox are "falling apart". The offense is finally coming around. Starting pitching still looks pretty solid.

I think the bullpen will be fine. They were great for us for many weeks and now they have hit a rough patch. But, I'm still comfortable that MacDougal and Aardsma will get back on track - and that Masset, Thornton, and Jenks will be fine. We'll see about Sisco and Logan.

BoysMom3
05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
We didn't get the game here last night, I hate when that happens. But yeah, the bats have really been getting hot lately - I like it!