PDA

View Full Version : Luis Terrero

chisoxfanatic
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
What do all of you think of our back-up outfielder?

I'd have to say that, with the limited time he's had, I like what Terrero potentially can bring to this team. He seems to be pretty fast out there and is very spunky. I've been seeing him put out great effort.

Hopefully he can start maybe once every couple weeks and get some nice pinch-hitting at bats for more experience.

ND_Sox_Fan
05-21-2007, 10:36 PM

I'd have to say that, with the limited time he's had, I like what Terrero potentially can bring to this team. He seems to be pretty fast out there and is very spunky. I've been seeing him put out great effort.

Hopefully he can start maybe once every couple weeks and get some nice pinch-hitting at bats for more experience.

As a bench player that is going to give 110% every time he is out there, no complaints on my end.

I like what I have seen so far.

Frankfan4life
05-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I hope he keeps up the good play. He might make me stop missing Ross Gload.

The Racehorse
05-21-2007, 10:48 PM

I like his speed, he really got down the line quickly [from the right side of the plate, too] on that play where he slid into 1B. Spunky is a great way to describe him.

On the down side, I saw him point to the sky twice [on the play at first & when he caught the final out]... I guess I'm just getting old when I say that I hate that stuff.

RowanDye
05-21-2007, 10:53 PM
On the down side, I saw him point to the sky twice [on the play at first & when he caught the final out]... I guess I'm just getting old when I say that I hate that stuff.

I don't think he's doing it for your sake, so why would you care?

The Racehorse
05-21-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't think he's doing it for your sake, so why would you care?

I don't, really... just showing my age.

HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Career stats are basically identical to BA. If for a bench/PR role, I'll take Terrero, and give BA the playing time in the minors, but if it were a starting situation, I'd give it to BA

The Dude
05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
I hope he keeps up the good play. He might make me stop missing Ross Gload.

No one will ever replace Ross Gload.

HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Gload has a much better bat. If we could combine em, then we'd have something

UserNameBlank
05-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Gload has a much better bat. If we could combine em, then we'd have something
If he had Gload's bat he'd be making some serious cash right now, because he can play a pretty darn good CF and he has an arm.

Luis's career numbers are very similar to those of the hated Brian Anderson. Luis is like a BA-lite in the field and with a little more speed. That's about it.

goon
05-21-2007, 11:51 PM
From the very limited time he's played in a Sox uniform, he seems like a gamer and could be a good bench player. Good Speed, pretty good pop, lot of range in the outfield and definitely a gamer. He kind of reminds me of outfield version of Ozuna in that he just seems to bring an energy to the team. I suppose you could put Mack in that category as well, I love our bench.

So far so good.

roadrunner
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Terrero seems like he could be a useful bench player. He looks like a plus defender. Offensively, he appears to be a tough enough out. He's going to be a great pinch runner as well. He looked like he had great speed scoring the winning run on Dye's single last saturday. If Mack's not careful he could be the odd man out when podsednik returns. (Terrero/Pods platoon?)

nug0hs
05-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I'd like to have seen Sweeney stay and Tererro go, but he is definitely making me doubt myself at the moment.

aryzner
05-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I'd like to have seen Sweeney stay and Tererro go, but he is definitely making me doubt myself at the moment.
My feelings exactly as well.

chitownhawkfan
05-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Tonight was the first time I got to watch Terrero instead of listening to the game on XM (West Coast temporarily). I was kind of upset they sent back Sweeney because I was starting to like him, but after watching Terrero I changed my mind. Its nice to see rookies play the game hard.

Scottiehaswheels
05-22-2007, 12:58 AM
Tonight was the first time I got to watch Terrero instead of listening to the game on XM (West Coast temporarily). I was kind of upset they sent back Sweeney because I was starting to like him, but after watching Terrero I changed my mind. Its nice to see rookies play the game hard.He's not a rookie? I know he played for the Royals or D'Backs for awhile... Speaking of which... How many players on our current 25 man roster have at some point played for the Royals? Dye, McDougal, Sisco, ?Terrero?... Am I missing anyone?

KRS1
05-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Luis never played in KC. He has played in AZ and Baltimore's systems.