PDA

View Full Version : North doesn't think the Sox will win the Central

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 12:18 PM
Your good friend and mine Mike North, says that he thinks the Cubs have a better shot at "winning this thing" (his words) then the Sox.

According to Mr. North the Sox have no fielding, and no pitching. Minnesota still has pitching, and "Detroit may come up and bite someone".

We'll see what happens.

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Your good friend and mine Mike North, says that he thinks the Cubs have a better shot at "winning this thing" (his words) then the Sox.

According to Mr. North the Sox have no fielding, and no pitching. Minnesota still has pitching, and "Detroit may come up and bite someone".

We'll see what happens.

:ass
He is Mr ASS!

cheeses_h_rice
03-29-2002, 12:22 PM

We'll see what happens.

What's that saying about opinions and a$$holes?

FarWestChicago
03-29-2002, 12:23 PM

We'll see what happens. Aren't there some people who believe North's absurd assertion he is a Sox fan?

There's a sucker born every minute! I would kick the Moron's ass in a fairweather contest if he didn't have that damn cat helping him.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
What's that saying about opinions and a$$holes?

Everyone has one. :smile:

I can't help but feel that comment was sort of directed at me, considering I don't think they'll win the Central either. :?:

FarWestChicago
03-29-2002, 12:26 PM
I can't help but feel that comment was sort of directed at me, considering I don't think they'll win the Central either. :?: You aren't an ass, Jer. You're just a miguided youth. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
03-29-2002, 12:30 PM

Everyone has one. :smile:

I can't help but feel that comment was sort of directed at me, considering I don't think they'll win the Central either. :?:

Nah, just at "watch this exciting Cubbie team" toolboy.

And Detroit? The only thing they'll be biting this year is the combined ankles of the Sox, Twins and Jnjans.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
You aren't an ass, Jer. You're just a miguided youth. :smile:

That makes me feel so much better, West. :cool:

pearso66
03-29-2002, 01:09 PM
thats ok, one guy one guy on espn picked minnesota to win the world series

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 01:13 PM
Mike North does absolutely no research - he just spouts off his opinions as if they were fact. I have no idea how that guy got a job doing sports broadcasting.

voodoochile
03-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Mike North does absolutely no research - he just spouts off his opinions as if they were fact. I have no idea how that guy got a job doing sports broadcasting.

That's not sport's broadcasting, it is shock-jock sports-talk radio. No journalistic integrity required...

Pete_SSAC
03-29-2002, 01:46 PM
I haven't heard North for a real long time untiltoday, and I see he's still a jag bag.

- Pete

PaleHoseGeorge
03-29-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
That's not sport's broadcasting, it is shock-jock sports-talk radio. No journalistic integrity required...

How true. I would put the content of this message board against whatever opinions are offered on sportstalk radio stations. In the case of North, we're clearly superior.

:gulp:

Foulke You
03-29-2002, 02:38 PM
North hasn't been on the Sox bandwagon since 2000. Jee wiz, could it be because we were winning back then? He then, in Moronotti fashion, jumped on the Cubs bandwagon last year when they were doing well. I distinctly remember him planning the Cubs playoff rotation in the month of August and declaring to all Cub fans that you had nothing to worry about with this team not making the playoffs.

It's pretty sad to me that a bunch of Sox fans like PHG, FWC, Dan Helpingstine, Hal Vickery, Andrew Ritchie (forgive me if I'm forgetting someone) who actually do their homework and write well thought out articles on the Sox with facts to support their claims and get less money then the fry boy at Wendy's (as PHG often puts it) and Mr. North is probably making 6 figures a year spouting anything that comes to his mind and not doing one bit of sports journalism or research into what he says.

RedPinStripes
03-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

How true. I would put the content of this message board against whatever opinions are offered on sportstalk radio stations. In the case of North, we're clearly superior.

:gulp:

We should make poll and see how long it takes North to jump on the band wagon when the flubs plunge and can't keep up with the cards.

Mathew
03-29-2002, 02:47 PM
Assuming we didn't win the division, Jerry do you have us in 3rd or 2nd? Because it is quite clear that for the cubs to be a better team than either the Ass-tros or the Cardinals, they need some kind of that magik Cub pixie dust. Seeing as though he is comparing the two to each other he could do something to attest for the fact that expecting the Kitten oh I mean Tigers to nip at our heals bears likeness to a Bucco and Selig Crew play off run.
Long story short. Clearly Houston and St. Louis are better collectively than the Twinks and Toons.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
Assuming we didn't win the division, Jerry do you have us in 3rd or 2nd?

2nd place behind the Twins. I think they'll finish 6 games behind Minnesota.

Mathew
03-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Okay then, Cubs in what place? I see them at best in 3rd.

cheeses_h_rice
03-29-2002, 02:58 PM

Long story short. Clearly Houston and St. Louis are better collectively than the Twinks and Toons.

Bingo, Mathew. That's exactly why I think North's analysis is short-sighted. If the Sox are going to have competition in our division, surely he'd have to admit that the Flubbies will have it even worse in theirs.

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 03:02 PM
Okay then, Cubs in what place? I see them at best in 3rd.

I think 3rd place is the best they'll do if they stay healthy. If Alou and/or McGriff get hurt for an extended period of time I could see the Reds in 3rd.

Iwritecode
03-29-2002, 03:14 PM

2nd place behind the Twins. I think they'll finish 6 games behind Minnesota.

Jerry lives by the motto "Set your expectations low and you will never be disappointed." :D:

Mathew
03-29-2002, 03:15 PM
I was talking about the Reds the other day being better than they are given credit for. But about these "Sport Journalists" suppoerting their Anti-Sox, Pro-Cubs view with facts. The excuse is simple. They probably did research the article and cound not find any facts to support their claim.

Mathew
03-29-2002, 03:16 PM

I think 3rd place is the best they'll do if they stay healthy. If Alou and/or McGriff get hurt for an extended period of time I could see the Reds in 3rd.

That's how I manage to overacheive in my life too!

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Jerry lives by the motto "Set your expectations low and you will never be disappointed." :D:

Correct.

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-29-2002, 05:36 PM
North will jump ship quicker than a rat. It's just another way of stirring up some talk. Now he can buddy up to his cub listeners.

LongDistanceFan
03-29-2002, 05:40 PM
didn't this surprise anyone? cmon, did you really expect him to say anything that was positive or supportive of the sox?

duke of dorwood
03-29-2002, 09:37 PM
I'll bet Antonio Mora's sombrero on those Flubs

SOXSINCE'70
03-31-2002, 09:24 AM
Forget him,He's a bandwagon jumper.That's it.Let him have the sCrUBS and their alcoholic new breed of fans.I still say the Sox will win at least 91 games.The sCrUBS will be lucky to win 78.

:firenardi

"Would someone please tell me why I STILL have a job??"