PDA

View Full Version : Harris and Josh Paul heading to AAA

Jerry_Manuel
03-29-2002, 12:21 PM
From the Suntimes:
Left-handed reliever Kelly Wunsch was placed on the 15-day disabled list with an inflammation in his rotator cuff, while infielder/outfielder Willie Harris and catcher Josh Paul were told they officially will be optioned to Charlotte by midnight Saturday.

Barring injury, the 25-man roster appears to be set. The pitchers are Lorenzo Barcelo, Mark Buehrle, Keith Foulke, Jon Garland, Gary Glover, Bob Howry, Damaso Marte, Antonio Osuna, Mike Porzio, Jon Rauch, Todd Ritchie and Dan Wright. The catchers are Sandy Alomar Jr. and Mark Johnson. The infielders are Royce Clayton, Ray Durham, Tony Graffanino, Paul Konerko, Jeff Liefer, Frank Thomas and Jose Valentin. The outfielders are Carlos Lee, Kenny Lofton, Magglio Ordonez and Aaron Rowand.

CerberusWG
03-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Sending Harris to AAA is a smart move. There is no use for him to rot on the bench in the Majors when he needs the ABs.

voodoochile
03-29-2002, 12:29 PM
I thought Paul was out of options...

Still, it is cool that the team is set. About what most of us expected. Carrying the twelfth pitcher may short the bench early in the season, but the staff will need the nelp way more than the position players will. The offensive side of the team is as experienced and ready as at any time I can remember. Not a lot of fat on this team. With only 4 guys on the bench, and none of them spectacular defensively there won't be as much need to rotate the lineup that much. Jerry the tinkerer will be pretty much forced to go with a set starting lineup - though he will get everyone involved early in the season as usual.

If the pitching holds up, this is going to be one fun season. Sox should change their name to butter, because they will be on a roll...

danman31
03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Sending Harris to AAA is a smart move. There is no use for him to rot on the bench in the Majors when he needs the ABs. I agree, but I hope they get him up here whenever an IFer gets hurt. I really like his game.

baggio202
03-29-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by danman31
I agree, but I hope they get him up here whenever an IFer gets hurt. I really like his game.

he could be called back today..if graffy's x-rays come back showing a broken bone (knock on wood)

i like the roster..and my pre-season sleeper to make the team..mike porzio made it!!...hopefully he hangs around for awhile

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I thought Paul was out of options...

He is now. That was #3. Mark Johnson would have to clear waivers to be sent down.

foulkesfan11
03-29-2002, 02:29 PM
What's the word on Damaso Marte? Never heard of him. I think the roster looks pretty good. We'll see what happens.

Play Ball!

czalgosz
03-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
What's the word on Damaso Marte? Never heard of him. I think the roster looks pretty good. We'll see what happens.

Play Ball!

Where were you yesterday? See the thread below on Matt Guerrier getting traded.

kermittheefrog
03-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Who didn't call it?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=273

Unlike some columnists I'm not afraid of accountability!

kermittheefrog
03-29-2002, 05:19 PM
I think the interesting thing to see is who plays what position at AAA. Will Harris play center until Borchard is healthy? Or will he play second? If he plays second will Hummel be tried at short again? Will they still waste time with Jason Dallearo? Will they make him a pitcher? Will they try to use Mario Valenzuela as a catcher? Will Josh Paul ever stop being management's favorite bitch? Will I stop asking questions now that I'm clearly out of interesting ones?

MisterB
03-29-2002, 07:25 PM
If Harris is to be seriously considered as RayRay's replacement, he should get the playing time at 2B. Hummel was a shortstop in college, and should get a long look there because it's highly unlikely Clayton will be re-signed, and apparently the organization is very reluctant to put Valentin back at SS, so we'll need a SS from somewhere next season (and obviously Dellaero isn't the answer.)

Chisox_cali
03-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
If Harris is to be seriously considered as RayRay's replacement, he should get the playing time at 2B. Hummel was a shortstop in college, and should get a long look there because it's highly unlikely Clayton will be re-signed, and apparently the organization is very reluctant to put Valentin back at SS, so we'll need a SS from somewhere next season (and obviously Dellaero isn't the answer.)

But then what happens to Crede?

:crede
"Yeah what about me?!"

Soxheads
03-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

But then what happens to Crede?

:crede
"Yeah what about me?!"

:KW

"You will stay in AAA and like it."