PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cashman must be stupid

doctorlecter
05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
"...whatever goes on individually with these guys is really on them."

It makes me absolutely sick to hear a big-time major league GM disavow any knowledge of performance-enhancing drug use. Brian Cashman must think that we are as naive as Barry Bonds thinks we are ("I thought it was flaxseed oil"). As a GM, he's seen guys gain 20 pounds of muscle in ONE OFFSEASON, and he just chalks it up to clean livin'?

Baseball's problem came about because the player's union successfully resisted testing for a long, long time, and because douchebags like Cashman turned a blind eye to the problem for years. C'mon, remember Giambi's Right Guard commercial when he was flexing his biceps?
Don't get me wrong... I'm all for individual responsibility and consequences. But don't tell me that everyone else was completely ignorant to the problem. I was a pretty good fan back then, too, and I could have given any GM in baseball a short list of "suspicious" players to avoid signing to a long term contract, and Giambi would have been on that list.
Hell, baseball practically encouraged steroid use (see McGwire/Sosa). Now, those same GM's want to seem like they had no idea what was going on. Please, don't treat me like a moron. Pretty please.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I thought this was going to be because he chose to work for Steinbrenner.Oh well.

Either way though, what did you think he was going to say? He has to do what he can to distance himself from the stench of this, so that he can be a good cop when(if) the MLBPA rules that the Yankees cannot void the contract if it goes down that road. He's trying to be the good cop for the agents he'll deal with in the future and not look like the bad cop so much to future player/employees.