PDA

View Full Version : Jeter has put up record setting numbers

Fenway
05-21-2007, 10:10 AM
This is very impressive.

Last week Jeter hit this milestone.

Jeter's single in the first game of Wednesday's doubleheader gave him a hit in 92 out of his last 100 games, reports the New York Times. No player has matched Jeter's consistency since Wee Willie Keeler hit in 93 out of 100 games in 1898 and 1899." Since then, Jeter has hit is 4 more consecutive games making it 96 out of 104. That's better than, apparently, Dimaggio.

palehozenychicty
05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
His whole persona is really soulless, but he is a great hitter. As for the defense, jump throws aren't great defense.

FedEx227
05-21-2007, 10:30 AM
His whole persona is really soulless, but he is a great hitter. As for the defense, jump throws aren't great defense.

You must be out of your mind. They are on the Web-Gems every night, how can that not be great defense.

Dan Mega
05-21-2007, 11:01 AM
That certainly is quite impressive, sheesh!

RockyMtnSoxFan
05-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I always thought Jeter was a good hitter, but that is really impressive. I don't understand all the Jeter haters. I suspect it's just because he's a Yankee, which I understand, but I think he gets bashed on more than he deserves. True, his defense is highly overrated, but you have to admit that he plays hard. I think most people would want him on their team.

IndianWhiteSox
05-23-2007, 11:57 AM
I always thought Jeter was a good hitter, but that is really impressive. I don't understand all the Jeter haters. I suspect it's just because he's a Yankee, which I understand, but I think he gets bashed on more than he deserves. True, his defense is highly overrated, but you have to admit that he plays hard. I think most people would want him on their team.

I'd take him, if he didn't have to play short and played 2B or 1B or DH. Then at that rate, what's not to like about a guy who consistently hits above .300.

oeo
05-23-2007, 12:00 PM
The man can hit, but time after time I see balls get through the middle that Uribe would have easily. Hell of a hitter; Gold Glove defender, he is not.

skottyj242
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
He's good.

lostfan
05-23-2007, 01:55 PM
The man can hit, but time after time I see balls get through the middle that Uribe would have easily. Hell of a hitter; Gold Glove defender, he is not.
In spite of that I'd still take him over Uribe in a heartbeat.

Oblong
05-23-2007, 03:15 PM
As I've said before I think Jeter is underrated by his critics and overrated by his fans.

He's not THAT bad and he's not THAT good.

oeo
05-23-2007, 03:37 PM
In spite of that I'd still take him over Uribe in a heartbeat.

Who wouldn't? :?:

Uribe is nothing special, but Jeter should not have Gold Gloves right now, is all I'm saying. He will be looked at in the future as a great defender because he won Gold Gloves, and he should never be remembered as a defender.

mccoydp
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
He's definitely a great hitter. :cool:

lostfan
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Who wouldn't? :?:

Uribe is nothing special, but Jeter should not have Gold Gloves right now, is all I'm saying. He will be looked at in the future as a great defender because he won Gold Gloves, and he should never be remembered as a defender.
I just said that to bait any superhomers that would disagree with that. Because you know they're out there. Jeter's bat is invaluable and I wouldn't pass it up for anything.

And yes I agree, Jeter's defense is overrated. His range isn't all that. He makes flashy diving stops with jumping or moving throws that better shortstops make look routine. But because Jeter is on ESPN with the flashy glove and also because he plays in New York, people think he's something he's not.

Slats
05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
None of this changes the fact that he's still a Yankee.
Therefore, he sucks.
End of discussion. :Rocker: :Rocker: :Rocker:

FedEx227
05-23-2007, 10:42 PM
The haters hate on him, like Oblong said. Most of us have extra hate because he's extra overrated. Granted, we don't give him enough credit for being a fantastic hitter, but we hate to see him rob Gold Gloves year in and year out.

chisoxmike
05-23-2007, 10:51 PM
As I've said before I think Jeter is underrated by his critics and overrated by his fans.

He's not THAT bad and he's not THAT good.

I agree.

Reminds me of the Dave Matthews Band.