PDA

View Full Version : The Truth about A. J.

Lillian
05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
It is quite clear that the local media has begun to villanize A. J.
This is not surprising, and in fact our colorful catcher seems to relish, and even cultivate this image of himself as a 'bad boy'. He has always been a hardnosed, competitive guy, but his growing willingness to embrace the public image of his villany is very fascinating.

In that a lot of this is just an act, and in that the local press is loaded with idiots and Cub fans, we should expect to see a lot of inaccurate reporting on this subject.
Fortunately, we all have a place to intelligently discuss this nonsense about A. J.

Here are a few facts:
1) A. J. is extremely competitive
2) He is a smart player, with a very high baseball acumen
3) He is very intrigued with Pro Wrestling, and participated in some of its promotions, and actual matches.
4) Jeff Torborg, who is on the Sox staff, is his friend, and is a professional wrestler.
5) They staged a fake altercation with another pro wrestler, outside the Sox training facility. That's the one in which Ozzie participated, when he 'snuck' up behind the guy, and hit him with a folding chair.
6) All of baseball is falling for this image of A. J. as a villan. He is booed everwhere, even in cities with no real experience with his antics.
7) A. J. seems to thrive on this negative attention, and has produced some of his team's best moments in the midst of all of the booing.

We should all know better than to fall for some of the stuff that we are being fed by the media. I am very skeptical of anything I read or hear about A. J. being a bad guy, or bad teammate.
Isn't it more likely that most of what we hear is either an act by A. J., or misperceptions, and misinterpretations of the media?

MarkyBear
05-21-2007, 09:09 AM
It is quite clear that the local media has begun to villanize A. J.

I think that began when he started helping the Sox to win in '05 and the media could not stand the fact that the Sox were winning!

How dare anyone speak their mind like the media does

itsnotrequired
05-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I think that began when he started helping the Sox to win in '05 and the media could not stand the fact that the Sox were winning!

Don't forget about how he "cheated" in game 2 of the ALCS that year.

:rolleyes:

ondafarm
05-21-2007, 09:13 AM

I really think you are giving the media too much credit for assuming they have significant collective intelligence.

Madvora
05-21-2007, 09:14 AM
The Tribune is trying to stir something up today by pitting Mark Buehrle against AJ based on some of his quotes.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070520memories,1,3612838.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Dan Mega
05-21-2007, 09:17 AM
AJ is a competitor and he plays hard. He doesn't care about showing his emotions on the field. Hell even Barrett and Zambrano have both defended AJ for some of his past actions, like slapping the plate. You never hear about him in steroid talks or breaking the law in any manner. The media hasn't gotten it yet and will probably never get it.

skobabe8
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
The part that gets me is how AJ gets booed everywhere because people are mindless lemmings and cant think for themselves. I'm actually very interested to see the kind of reaction he gets in Philly. They boo everyone, but they are smart enough (I THINK) to not follow the crowd and boo a guy for no reason.

Dan Mega
05-21-2007, 09:28 AM
The part that gets me is how AJ gets booed everywhere because people are mindless lemmings and cant think for themselves. I'm actually very interested to see the kind of reaction he gets in Philly. They boo everyone, but they are smart enough (I THINK) to not follow the crowd and boo a guy for no reason.

You would think that crowds like Philly or Boston would actually love a guy like AJ. :cool:

MarkyBear
05-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't forget about how he "cheated" in game 2 of the ALCS that year.

:rolleyes:

:rolling:

How dare that, that evil AJ help the Sox win and help prove the one's that said the Sox didn't stand a chance wrong!

I really think you are giving the media too much credit for assuming they have significant collective intelligence.

You're right, I did assume, ya know, with the whole 'They can read and right' thing, that they'd at least have an IQ of one...

But we might be on to something here...Star Trek fans would have to help out, I'm not sure of this exactly, but wasn't their some Alien race that shared the same brain, so they all thought the same, the borg or something like that?

Maybe a new nickname for them, like Mediaborgs or Borgiots? :tongue:

itsnotrequired
05-21-2007, 09:51 AM
:rolling:

How dare that, that evil AJ help the Sox win and help prove the one's that said the Sox didn't stand a chance wrong!

I still have people tell me that AJ cheated in that at-bat. Unreal...

bryPt
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
All you need to know about AJ is: he is a winner.

Fans love to hate him, but if they had him on their team, they would love him as much as we do.

He would be one of the biggest legends to ever walk onto the sacred garden if he was on the Cub. Just imagine if he was on the Cub, he would have a thunderbolt on his bat, he would be calling every home run from home plate, he would kill the curse, he would an angel that came down from the baseball heavens and graced the hollowed ground. His antics would be legendary.

Over By There
05-21-2007, 09:55 AM
8) I love having him on my team.

balke
05-21-2007, 09:56 AM
I could never understand booing someone for playing baseball. He didn't cheat... I don't get it. Now if they are booing him for wrestling, I might understand.

Seems like a pretty cool guy. He was a great response to those soft teams we had earlier in the decade. Thomas could get hit 4 times in a game, and noone would retaliate. AJ's presence kinda gave a new image to this team, and I think he calls inside pitches whenever someone wants to block the plate. I've pretty much liked the pitch calling ever since he got here.

MeteorsSox4367
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
During Sunday's game, I happened to watch some of the Cubs' broadcast with Brenly and Kasper. After Pierzynski broke his bat on a swing, Brenly got on him a little bit about taking his time getting a new bat and putting pine tar on the handle.

If it were Uribe or Erstad, Brenly likely would not have made an issue of it. But since it was Pierzynski...

Bottom line - Pierzynski is the guy the opposition loves to hate. Like many other posters, I'm happy as hell Pierzynski's on the Sox. He's passionate and he's a gamer.

Those traits combined with the fact that his last name ends in "Ski" have made him my favorite Sox player.

palehozenychicty
05-21-2007, 10:12 AM
I could never understand booing someone for playing baseball. He didn't cheat... I don't get it. Now if they are booing him for wrestling, I might understand.

Seems like a pretty cool guy. He was a great response to those soft teams we had earlier in the decade. Thomas could get hit 4 times in a game, and noone would retaliate. AJ's presence kinda gave a new image to this team, and I think he calls inside pitches whenever someone wants to block the plate. I've pretty much liked the pitch calling ever since he got here.

Indeed. Even KW dubbed us the "Raiders of Baseball" a year ago, and AJ helps brandish that image. I'm with it. :D:

MarkyBear
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM

Oh I believe it, I still hear the same, even up here in Wisconsin of all places! :o:

Just like the whole AJ - Barret incident, I had cub fans telling me how it was all AJ's fault because he "slapped his hand on the plate in shear and utter defiance!"

Sheer and utter defiance? Whaaat? :roflmao::rolleyes:

Then the AJ - Zambamo incident was of course all AJ's fault because he "mocked Zambanos religious beliefs"...

Not that I'm astute in all religions, but I've yet to find the religion that requires one to point to their heart and then to the sky after a K or inning!

I really did look too! :redneck

Yet, Zambamo practically doing the Electric Slide out on the mound after a K or the days of Sammy playing hopscotch on his way down to first after a homer are all fine and dandy in Never-never land :rolleyes:

I'm thankful for my many years of being a Sox fan and sites like this that have helped build up a tolerance to things like that where I now just find it funny and amusing...:bandance:

tebman
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
The writers, the yammering radio guys, and the bubblehead haircuts on TV need a "story," and a story needs "characters." A.J. fills that role for them neatly.

They can cast him as the villian, the hero, or the antihero and it makes it so much easier to create their story. A strong personality is a storyteller's dream, and A.J. is nothing if not a strong personality.

A.J. will stop being a storyline source for those guys when his productivity falls off. As long as he's a factor in the games they've got a character they can use in the riveting prose they provide for us every day.

D. TODD
05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
AJ has a lot of ******* in him. He always has, and always will. He does play hard and has a chip on his shoulder which makes him one hell of a competitor. He was talked about by White Sox fans like a dog when he was with the Twins, now since he's with us we appreciate his "grit". I like Aj much more then say Dennis Rodman who Chicago embraced and loved his "hard nose play", when before with the "bad boys" he was the epitome of a villain. I like AJ on our team, but if he were on any other team we as a fanbase would have the same opinion of him that the majority of baseball does, which is a well earned negative image.

TomBradley72
05-21-2007, 11:01 AM
The Tribune is trying to stir something up today by pitting Mark Buehrle against AJ based on some of his quotes.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070520memories,1,3612838.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

The Tribune didn't put the words in Buehrle's mouth. He's accountable for speaking to the press about a teammate.

ws05champs
05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
As far as other team's fans booing AJ, isn't that a good thing from the White Sox point of view. Visiting team players love it when you boo them. That means they have done something to hurt the home team. Just think what a visiting team player would have to do to get cheered.

Regarding the media vilifying AJ, it gives them something easy to write about. With all the nonsense they write, this gives me just another thing to ignore.

kitekrazy
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
8) I love having him on my team.

Me 2. I love having a villain on the team.

ma-gaga
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll just weigh in here. I think Twins fans boo him because they "get" the act.

Seriously. I know that we have a bunch of moron fans, but we had AJ on the team for 3 years. And we understand that AJ is a hard-nosed, talkative, good natured prick. We've read ad nausium about AJ's relationship with the Twins front office (very good, yet somewhat contentious because AJ was a "talker") and the way that Gardenhire/Ryan praises his competetive spirit. He get's booed, but it's not an angry boo.

Now the Anaheimers, I can see why they'd be pissed. But I really am starting to dislike them a lot (multiple reasons), and they really just seem like a bunch of whiny babies. The rest of the league that boo him, are simply a bunch of lemmings.

:cool:

comet2k
05-21-2007, 11:40 AM

When the Yankees were here, Sox fans loudly booed Derek Jeter every time he came up. Does that make us "mindless lemmings"? What has a player like Jeter done to deserve that?

skobabe8
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
When the Yankees were here, Sox fans loudly booed Derek Jeter every time he came up. Does that make us "mindless lemmings"? What has a player like Jeter done to deserve that?

Unfortunately, I guess it does. I have no idea why people booed Jeter. I didnt boo Jeter.

hi im skot
05-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Yes.

Jeter is a hell of a ballplayer who does his job. White Sox "fans" have no business booing him. I was embarrassed when I heard the boos Thursday afternoon.

jenn2080
05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes.

Jeter is a hell of a ballplayer who does his job. White Sox "fans" have no business booing him. I was embarrassed when I heard the boos Thursday afternoon.

I thought the same thing on Wed night. It was unreal.

INSox56
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I thought the same thing on Wed night. It was unreal.IIRC they booed Arod as well. :dunno:

itsnotrequired
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
IIRC they booed Arod as well. :dunno:

Pretty much every Yankee player got their share of boos. Idiotic.

I would say that 99% of booing is unwarranted.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM

And the ones I hear it from, are Cub fans. Seriously - AJ cheated and got a major league ump to agree with him?? Please.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
The Tribune didn't put the words in Buehrle's mouth. He's accountable for speaking to the press about a teammate.
If Buerhle was not taken out of context in that article, then shame on him.

Sullivan is an *******, characterizing AJ as "putting himself above the team." If Buerhle agrees with that, he's just plain wrong. Whatever the case, why would Buerhle go public with this crap?

Ozzie never has AJ's back. When Barrett sucker punched him, he complemented Barrett. Whenever he says anything positive about AJ, he prefaces it with something negative.

The Sox are very fortunate to have AJ. He's a winner and I like many Sox fans appreciate him. AJ won with the Twins, he won with the Giants, and he won with the Sox. Would the Sox ave won the World Series in 2005 without AJ? Probably not.

RedHeadPaleHoser
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
During Sunday's game, I happened to watch some of the Cubs' broadcast with Brenly and Kasper. After Pierzynski broke his bat on a swing, Brenly got on him a little bit about taking his time getting a new bat and putting pine tar on the handle.

If it were Uribe or Erstad, Brenly likely would not have made an issue of it. But since it was Pierzynski...

Bottom line - Pierzynski is the guy the opposition loves to hate. Like many other posters, I'm happy as hell Pierzynski's on the Sox. He's passionate and he's a gamer.

Those traits combined with the fact that his last name ends in "Ski" have made him my favorite Sox player.

Of course Brenly fails to mention that the bat rack is almost at the opposite end of the dugout, so you literally have to walk the length of the dugout on the visitors' side to get new lumber. No, it's not that, it's because AJ is a troublemaker.:rolleyes:

comet2k
05-21-2007, 12:43 PM
I think AJ attracts attention with aggressive, hard-nosed baseball and at least a touch of arrogance. Because of that. he gets booed elsewhere. I think the sad truth is that if he had never played for the Sox, he would get booed here, too.

I was embarrassed by the boos for Jeter, and I don't get it. Jeter is one the greatest players of recent times, plays his heart out and gets booed.

CubsfansareDRUNK
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
:threadrules:

Paulwny
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I was embarrassed by the boos for Jeter, and I don't get it. Jeter is one the greatest players of recent times, plays his heart out and gets booed.

It's the uniform he wears, Mickey Mantle was booed in opposing ball parks.

Bobby Jenks
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
AJ is AJ. You either love him or hate him. But he is a ballplayer,plain and simple.

BainesHOF
05-21-2007, 01:00 PM
A.J. has done nothing wrong and many things right for us. Buehrle's comments about A.J., however, are hugely disappointing. They're far worse than everything A.J. has done or said since he's been here. Not only are Buehrle's comments to the press about a teammate big-time bush league, but they're flat out wrong. In A.J.'s original comments to Mike North, he went out of his way to say it was nothing against Toby Hall or anyone, but that he just wanted to play. What's so bad about that?

And A.J. was proven right by Hall's defensive misadventures in the opener and A.J.'s grand slam off a lefty on Sunday.

A.J.'s our catcher and Hall is a quality backup who should receive a fair amount of time against lefties. Period.

It's troubling that Buehrle felt the need to mouth off about a teammate to the press. It's especially surprising since they just worked together on a no-hitter.

And it's apparent that Paul Sullivan is angling for a pat on the head and a raise after he was taken to the Tribune's corporate woodshed last year for being too negative toward the Cubs. I've lost a lot of respect for Sullivan. His reporting has been slanted ever since then. His portrayal of what A.J. said was as off base as Buehrle's comments.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 01:04 PM
AJ is AJ. You either love him or hate him. But he is a ballplayer,plain and simple.
I love him. Even when he was with the Twins and it was in vogue for Sox fans to hate him, I always admired him and wished the Sox had a guy like that. When he became available, I was advocating KW jump on it and get him here. A.J. has proven what I thought.

Can't wait for KW to pick up Torii Hunter.

Lillian
05-21-2007, 02:33 PM
A.J. has done nothing wrong and many things right for us. Buehrle's comments about A.J., however, are hugely disappointing. They're far worse than everything A.J. has done or said since he's been here. Not only are Buehrle's comments to the press about a teammate big-time bush league, but they're flat out wrong. In A.J.'s original comments to Mike North, he went out of his way to say it was nothing against Toby Hall or anyone, but that he just wanted to play. What's so bad about that?

It's troubling that Buehrle felt the need to mouth off about a teammate to the press. It's especially surprising since they just worked together on a no-hitter.

And it's apparent that Paul Sullivan is angling for a pat on the head and a raise after he was taken to the Tribune's corporate woodshed last year for being too negative toward the Cubs. I've lost a lot of respect for Sullivan. His reporting has been slanted ever since then. His portrayal of what A.J. said was as off base as Buehrle's comments.

Doesn't this explanation, which I posted under another thread, explain this 'misunderstanding'.

"As for this latest nonsense from Sullivan; there is no quote in the article in which Mark directly said that A. J. disrespected Toby. Here is what Mark is quoted as saying: "I think it is disrespecting Toby," Buehrle said before Sunday's game. "It's kind of saying: 'You can't do your job.'

Notice that Sullivan was careful not to state that Mark was referring to A. J.'s comments. Sullivan is trying to imply that, but he doesn't actually quote Mark as saying "A. J. is disrespecting Toby". That's because Mark didn't say that. He said "It is disrespecting Toby".
It's more likely that Mark was making reference to North's comments about Ozzie's failure to start all of his regulars in the 'big' Cubs series. All A. J. said is that he wanted to play. That is completely different than saying that the team needed to play him, in order to have a better chance to win."

puckereduppiet
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
I own a #12 Pierzynski auth majestic jersey and wear it proudly.
enough said:tongue:

Vestigio
05-21-2007, 04:25 PM
When I asked people why they hated AJ, I had many different responses. Some of them said they hated him because he was on TNA wrestling. Others say they disliked him because he went on Jerry Springer. And there was one person that said he hated AJ because he had no chin.

palehozenychicty
05-21-2007, 04:29 PM
When I asked people why they hated AJ, I had many different responses. Some of them said they hated him because he was on TNA wrestling. Others say they disliked him because he went on Jerry Springer. And there was one person that said he hated AJ because he had no chin.

Can't help it, but...:rolleyes:

Vestigio
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Most of the people I asked never brought up anything he has done onfield, it was always off-field

jenn2080
05-21-2007, 04:40 PM

I asked people in Minnesota and they told me they dont like him because he is an *******. I said why is he an *******. Their reply was because he would not sign an autograph before the game. I in turn asked if he was warming up his pitcher and they said yes. I was like well there is the reason why. That does not make him an *******.

comet2k
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I asked people in Minnesota and they told me they dont like him because he is an *******. I said why is he an *******. Their reply was because he would not sign an autograph before the game. I in turn asked if he was warming up his pitcher and they said yes. I was like well there is the reason why. That does not make him an *******.

Just to be clear, did they say he was an ******* or an ******* ? :smile:

jenn2080
05-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Just to be clear, did they say he was an ******* or an ******* ? :smile:

They called him an ******* :redneck

southside rocks
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Last summer I mailed him an article from the Daily Southtown about why he's booed so much. I asked if he'd sign it and send it back to me. He gave me a nicely-placed sig on the piece and sent it back in about three days.

Yeah, he's a real jerk. :rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I also wonder about the Jeter thing, that's happened for years, kind of the same thing, in the same token though, it's a thing about booing the opposing team in general though, and your basically just complimenting him as one of the best players by singling him out.

AJ is a competitor and he plays hard. He doesn't care about showing his emotions on the field. Hell even Barrett and Zambrano have both defended AJ for some of his past actions, like slapping the plate.

The slapping of the plate was another bull**** media excuse. It was one of the 10 different excuses Barrett went with to justify a sucker punch (which I think the media suggested to him before he came up with it), and every body believed that was the reason. I'm sure no one will write about how Pagan slapped the plate the same way, I think it was Friday, except our team isn't into these whiny baby tactics, or else I guess we could've slugged him huh?

Nellie_Fox
05-21-2007, 05:14 PM
The slapping of the plate was another bull**** media excuse. It was one of the 10 different excuses Barrett went with to justify a sucker punch (which I think the media suggested to him before he came up with it), and every body believed that was the reason. I'm sure no one will write about how Pagan slapped the plate the same way, I think it was Friday, except our team isn't into these whiny baby tactics, or else I guess we could've slugged him huh?Besides, when AJ slapped the plate, Barrett was facing in the other direction, and he has stated that he didn't see it.

comet2k
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
They called him an ******* :redneck

Yeah, but he's our ******* now, so we love him!

WhiteSox1983
05-21-2007, 06:17 PM
AJ is one of my favorite players. He reminds me of kirk gibson kind of in a way. Hes a all star player sometimes, but its the intangibles that he brings to the field that makes him so important.

Frontman
05-21-2007, 06:53 PM
You know, I might be in the minority, but I do believe this stuff with AJ is going to eventually do harm to the team. First Ozzie, now Mark; all the while that little turd named Mike North keeps stirring the pot. So let me get this straight; its ok for AJ to throw his manager to the wolves and say what Ozzie did in sitting him was wrong, but for Mark to say something about AJ comments, THAT'S wrong?

Sorry, but last time I checked, if you have an issue, you handle it in house; not on some hot dog vendor's radio show. (And I like North, but these past few months of him have shown me that he's nothing but a trouble maker and a loudmouth.) Mark, Ozzie, AJ; they all should be talking EACH OTHER, not us.

I want the team to do good. I want to hear from the players. But this type of dissention never leads to anything good coming from it.

JB98
05-21-2007, 07:09 PM
You know, I might be in the minority, but I do believe this stuff with AJ is going to eventually do harm to the team. First Ozzie, now Mark; all the while that little turd named Mike North keeps stirring the pot. So let me get this straight; its ok for AJ to throw his manager to the wolves and say what Ozzie did in sitting him was wrong, but for Mark to say something about AJ comments, THAT'S wrong?

Sorry, but last time I checked, if you have an issue, you handle it in house; not on some hot dog vendor's radio show. (And I like North, but these past few months of him have shown me that he's nothing but a trouble maker and a loudmouth.) Mark, Ozzie, AJ; they all should be talking EACH OTHER, not us.

I want the team to do good. I want to hear from the players. But this type of dissention never leads to anything good coming from it.

I just don't think what's said in the papers or on radio shows amounts to a hill of **** in between the white lines. These are grown men, and if there are differences, I'm confident they'll be ironed out.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 07:16 PM
So let me get this straight; its ok for AJ to throw his manager to the wolves and say what Ozzie did in sitting him was wrong, but for Mark to say something about AJ comments, THAT'S wrong?

You don't have the facts straight. A.J. never said "what Ozzie did in sitting him was wrong." In fact, he said that it was Ozzie's job to make the lineup and he had no problem with that.

All he said in answering a direct question was (paraphrasing here) "Sure I'm disappointed that I'm not playing--I want to play--especially in a big series like this. Nothing against Toby, he's a good player."

Then, North said that he keeps hearing A.J. needs a rest. A.J. answered, "Who said I need a rest? I just had three days off, why do I need a rest?"

Note again, A.J. has never made any negative comments about a teammate or his manager, at least not publicly.

MISoxfan
05-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Sullivan wrote, "appears some of Pierzynski's teammates are tired of his act."

Sullivan wrote, "Buehrle was not surprised that Pierzynski was putting himself ahead of his team with his public griping"

He put those words in Buehrle's mouth, especially the part where he said Pierzynski put himself ahead of the team, thats a pretty big insult.

JB98
05-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Sullivan wrote, "appears some of Pierzynski's teammates are tired of his act."

Sullivan wrote, "Buehrle was not surprised that Pierzynski was putting himself ahead of his team with his public griping"

He put those words in Buehrle's mouth, especially the part where he said Pierzynski put himself ahead of the team, thats a pretty big insult.

In other news, JB98 was not surprised when Sully invented some news in an effort to undermine the Sox clubhouse.

Frontman
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
You don't have the facts straight. A.J. never said "what Ozzie did in sitting him was wrong." In fact, he said that it was Ozzie's job to make the lineup and he had no problem with that.

All he said in answering a direct question was (paraphrasing here) "Sure I'm disappointed that I'm not playing--I want to play--especially in a big series like this. Nothing against Toby, he's a good player."

Then, North said that he keeps hearing A.J. needs a rest. A.J. answered, "Who said I need a rest? I just had three days off, why do I need a rest?"

Note again, A.J. has never made any negative comments about a teammate or his manager, at least not publicly.

Ok, I got that part now. See, that's the problem I have with how sports gets covered in this town. Listening to the "selective bytes" North has put out with his commercials featuring the incident, it sounded an awful lot like AJ being a turd and openly airing beefs that should of remained in house. Same with Mark's comments in the papers today, and AJ's responses to them.

This is exactly what I hate, no I LOATHE, about the Score having the Sox. This "direct access" does nothing but create mis-managed stories and trouble. I said it last year with both AJ and Brandon being on the Score, I'm saying it again now.

Score having the Sox for game coverage? Good.

Score having access to Sox players making them "Score guys?"

Nothing but trouble.

TheOldRoman
05-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, as great of a hitter as he is, he is still one of the most overrated players in the game. He is portrayed as God-like in the media. He won 3 gold gloves, and he is terrible defensively. ESPN shows the replay of him running into the stands on a 900 foot popup, and acts as if it were the greatest play ever. He regularly makes a routine play (and makes it look dificult) to which the ESPN clowns say "Wow, is there anyone as good as Jeter?"
Jeter should be respected for what he is - a great clutch hitter, a good baserunner, and a smart player. He should not be given false praise and gold gloves when he sucks defensively. I dislike Jeter because the monster the national media created from him.

gosiu
05-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, as great of a hitter as he is, he is still one of the most overrated players in the game. He is portrayed as God-like in the media. He won 3 gold gloves, and he is terrible defensively. ESPN shows the replay of him running into the stands on a 900 foot popup, and acts as if it were the greatest play ever. He regularly makes a routine play (and makes it look dificult) to which the ESPN clowns say "Wow, is there anyone as good as Jeter?"
Jeter should be respected for what he is - a great clutch hitter, a good baserunner, and a smart player. He should not be given false praise and gold gloves when he sucks defensively. I dislike Jeter because the monster the national media created from him.
Misguided rage. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

skobabe8
05-22-2007, 09:33 AM

I get that and completely agree with you. That running into the stands garbage they run constantly makes me want to puke. But it doesnt make me want to boo Jeter. Now, when ESPN sets up their studio on the field before game 1 of the alds, then i'll boo.

salty99
05-22-2007, 09:48 AM
4) Jeff Torborg, who is on the Sox staff, is his friend, and is a professional wrestler.

Wow I didn't realize Jeff was in such good shape!

comet2k
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM

If that's the case, then shouldn't your dislike be directed to those that created the God-like monster you claim Jeter has become? What has he done wrong?

gosiu
05-22-2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.kissrocks.net/demon1.jpgWow I didn't realize Jeff was in such good shape!
And how