PDA

View Full Version : No Burls vs. the A's?

DumpJerry
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
According to the Tribune's preview of this week's A's series, Danks will start Tuesday instead of Garland who will start on Wednesday.

I guess this is to prevent a long lay-off for Danks who was looking at a week-long rest between starts.

sox1970
05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Basically, they've flipped Contreras and Danks in the order.

bryPt
05-21-2007, 08:40 AM
seriously, that sucks. I am going Wednesday, thinking I would see him. I like seeing him, games are like an hour shorter than normal. Works great on weekdays. Looks like I need to score tickets for Friday to make up for the miss.

DumpJerry
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
This means Burls will go for career win number 100 against Tampa.

Sweet!

CHISOXFAN13
05-21-2007, 12:59 PM
seriously, that sucks. I am going Wednesday, thinking I would see him. I like seeing him, games are like an hour shorter than normal. Works great on weekdays. Looks like I need to score tickets for Friday to make up for the miss.

It's not like Garland's games last four hours.

05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
It's not like Garland's games last four hours.

It will this week when we score 15 runs. :smile:

eriqjaffe
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I wasn't lisetning, but did Buehrle call Mike North and complain this morning?

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 02:13 PM
This is basically what I expected. You don't want to screw with Jose's routine too much because he might be getting in a grove, so you pitch him today. Then you can't have Danks be screwed with a ton by skipping a start, so you move everyone else back a day.

sox1970
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe they flipped Contreras and Danks, so Contreras didn't have to face Santana next Monday. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of that matchup. Danks vs Santana will at least give me no expectations.

JB98
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Maybe they flipped Contreras and Danks, so Contreras didn't have to face Santana next Monday. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of that matchup. Danks vs Santana will at least give me no expectations.

I doubt that was a consideration. The main thing is to keep Contreras in his routine.

jabrch
05-21-2007, 04:35 PM

Danks pitched VERY well against Santana last time he faced him. 4 hits, 2 walks and only 3 runs on a HR by Morneu. We supported him by scoring 0 runs while he was in the game.

I'd love to see Danks get another shot at Santana. Well - truth be told I'd rather skip him Santana entirely, but that doesn't seem to happen to us ever in two serieses in a row.

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Ozzie is punishing him for his comments about AJ! Quick! Call the papers, we still have time to get this in tomorrows paper!

TDog
05-21-2007, 06:03 PM
It comes down to a question asked in a Clubhouse thread that isn't so old. Do the Sox skip Danks' turn in the rotation? Both he and Contreras pitched Wednesday. By the time Sunday rolled around, neither was determined well-rested enough. The Sox have a choice of pitching Contreras or Danks tonight. If they don't pitch Danks Tuesday, they would be skipping him in the rotation.

If the team had a fifth-sarter problem, they would be skipping Danks. Apparently, Sunday proved this team doesn't even have a sixth-starter problem.