PDA

View Full Version : Beef between No Hit Buddies Buehrle and AJ???

It's Dankerific
05-21-2007, 12:32 AM
I read this in the Chicago Tribune.. is there a brewing problem???

quoted: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070520memories,1,3295452.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed

Pitcher Mark Buehrle said Pierzynski's remarks to North showed little respect to backup catcher Toby Hall.

*That was way more quoted than allowed.*

TheOldRoman
05-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Typical Cubune article. They took several less than inflammatory quotes from Buehrle, inserted their own beliefs in between them, and acted as if they came from Mark's mouth. This is the same **** as their "Kenny called Mark Buehrle mediocre" farce. Nothing surprises me with the Tribune, anymore.:rolleyes:

The Dude
05-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Blah blah, the media loves this crap. AJ is fine and Buehrle is fine.

The only good beef is "beef and brandy's"

mbwhitesox
05-21-2007, 12:49 AM
This story really needs to just go away. Honestly who cares that AJ said he wanted to play. Of course he wanted to play, any athlete is going to answer the way AJ did if asked the question he was asked. Whatever happend to just saying "no comment"?

CLR01
05-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Do not quote more than a paragraph or two. This will be you one and only warning.

eriqjaffe
05-21-2007, 12:58 AM
It doesn't matter, because Buehrle will be gone by the trading deadline anyways.

It's Time
05-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Wow!

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 01:07 AM
This is ridiculous. It's all a case of the media taking the stuff they said and twisting it. If AJ would have been in the same room with Ozzie when he made the comments, Ozzie would have had no problem with what he said. The same goes for AJ and Buehrle. Everything in that article AJ would admit to.

JB98
05-21-2007, 01:27 AM
The Chicago media wants the Sox to fail. They are just trying to stir up as much trouble as possible. It won't work.

AJ Hellraiser
05-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Not to stir anything up, but this doesn't shock me because of this:

After last season, the Score did a one-on-one interview with Don Cooper basically focusing on the pitching staff and what went wrong last year... off the record, (I've heard the tape but Coop made sure the Score wouldn't play it) Coop has some pretty nasty remarks about AJ...

He basically said AJ lost his respect and the respect of some of the pitchers when he would get beaned and just stand there and leave it up to the pitchers to get payback and get in beanball wars.. he went as far as to call AJ's "act" chicken sh**...

I love AJ but I can see how this can happen... I was hoping this would die after last season which is why I never brought it up earlier, but I feel like some of this could relate back to that...

I sure hope not or the Sox could have a chemistry issue on top of everything else...

HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2007, 02:22 AM
He basically said AJ lost his respect and the respect of some of the pitchers when he would get beaned and just stand there and leave it up to the pitchers to get payback and get in beanball wars.. he went as far as to call AJ's "act" chicken sh**...

So they want him to charge the mound and start a brawl? I mean, it's not like he can control gravitational pull and get the ball to hit him, and I think AJ can be shady at times, but I am with him on this, his pitchers should back him up.

I'm not doubting you, but I also don't see what Coop has to gain by telling other people all that stuff, it's not going to/shouldn't be played, it should all stay in the clubhouse. Plus with a guy like North, very likely that at station AJ and everyone would hear about it 2nd hand, probably making things worse.

WhiteSox5187
05-21-2007, 02:23 AM
I was listening to Buerhle talk about AJ catching the no hitter and said "I need to find out what gift you give your catcher, because it's only a matter of time before AJ starts taking credit for the no hitter..." I ultimately think that this is a case of total miscommunication. Mike North led AJ into a trap and sadly AJ followed and some reporter said "Did you hear what AJ said" to Buerhle and this resulted. I bet AJ and Mark have talked it out and I hope that it's straightend out.

It's Dankerific
05-21-2007, 02:25 AM
Wherever AJ goes, his team wins. The pitchers and pitching coach should remember that..

I hope this is all a fantasy (and Cubspiracy) of the Tribune.

whitesoxfan
05-21-2007, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't look too much into it. Sullivan is just trying to stir some **** up.

There's nothing wrong with what Buehrle said. I'd doubt AJ would take offense to it.

RadioheadRocks
05-21-2007, 03:16 AM

After last season, the Score did a one-on-one interview with Don Cooper basically focusing on the pitching staff and what went wrong last year... off the record, (I've heard the tape but Coop made sure the Score wouldn't play it) Coop has some pretty nasty remarks about AJ...

I love AJ but I can see how this can happen... I was hoping this would die after last season which is why I never brought it up earlier, but I feel like some of this could relate back to that...

I sure hope not or the Sox could have a chemistry issue on top of everything else...

Hmmmmmm, "off the record" account courtesy of The Score, yeah THAT'S a credible source. :rolleyes:

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 03:43 AM

I call bull****. No way is something that is on tape "off the record". And I seriously doubt that the Score pulls a story where Coop says something like that because of anything Coop could do, especially when they have evidence.

Lillian
05-21-2007, 08:09 AM
I was listening to Buerhle talk about AJ catching the no hitter and said "I need to find out what gift you give your catcher, because it's only a matter of time before AJ starts taking credit for the no hitter..."

If you watch the interview, it is quite obvious that Mark was kidding around.
His tone didn't have even a hint of any ill will, or negativity. Moreover, it is highly unlikely that he would have raised anything negative at that moment.
Remember the context. The guy was ecstatic. He had just pitched the game of his life, in his contract year. He was on 'cloud nine'. Does anyone really believe that he would have seriously raised any subject with negative overtones in that situation? We're talking about the guy who had just caught his no hitter!!

As for this latest nonsense from Sullivan; there is no quote in the article in which Mark directly said that A. J. disrespected Toby. Here is what Mark is quoted as saying: "I think it is disrespecting Toby," Buehrle said before Sunday's game. "It's kind of saying: 'You can't do your job.'

Notice that Sullivan was careful not to state that Mark was referring to A. J.'s comments. Sullivan is trying to imply that, but he doesn't actually quote Mark as saying "A. J. is disrespecting Toby". That's because Mark didn't say that. He said "It is disrespecting Toby".
It's more likely that Mark was making reference to North's comments about Ozzie's failure to start all of his regulars in the 'big' Cubs series. All A. J. said is that he wanted to play. That is completely different than saying that the team needed to play him, in order to have a better chance to win.

This is all just more of the same shameful way in which some of the local press tries to stir up things.

bryPt
05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
people, people, STOP THE MADNESS. STOP READING THAT CRAP PAPER.

GEEZ, if you ignore that rag of all rags, it will just go away. It is that simple. There is absolutely no reason to get the blood pressure up, especially when that is the only thing they can do not at the crap paper. They cannot report factually, they can't report anything new, so they make crap up and stir the pot.

Ignore all things Tribune Company. Hit them where it hurts the most, the pocket book.

skobabe8
05-21-2007, 08:35 AM
Blah blah, the media loves this crap. AJ is fine and Buehrle is fine.

The only good beef is "beef and brandy's"

They sure do. I am done with these tabloids.

cheezheadsoxfan
05-21-2007, 08:37 AM
The Chicago media wants the Sox to fail. They are just trying to stir up as much trouble as possible. It won't work.

Bingo!

I quit reading the Cubune a year ago and it's a very liberating experience.

MarkyBear
05-21-2007, 09:41 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that people would have to lower themselves to the standards of these so called journalists, I'd say we should start writing/publishing articles on how we overheard Cubune writer 'A' saying something bad about Cubune writer 'B', and how Cubune writer 'C' said he/she can't stand both Cubune writer 'A' & 'B' and so on...:rolleyes:

twsoxfan5
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Did anyone happen to see Buehrle congratulating AJ after his grand slam yesterday? He seemed to be the most excited and was even telling him take a curtain call. I am sure this is a non-issue.

MarkyBear
05-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Did anyone happen to see Buehrle congratulating AJ after his grand slam yesterday? He seemed to be the most excited and was even telling him take a curtain call. I am sure this is a non-issue.

I caught it and rewound it quite a few times to see over and over again, that's probably what drew the ire of the Cubune and caused this latest subterfuge...

I still think he should have, but instead of the Cubune pointing THAT out and how AJ actually took the highroad, we get this lovely little gem! :rolleyes:

The Immigrant
05-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Mark's been in this town long enough to know how those comments would be interpreted by the media. Not everything is the media's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "silent veterans" in our clubhouse were just a little bit peeved at A.J.'s comments from Friday, and Mark was their voice.

hawkjt
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I broke my rule against listening to the town idiot North to hear the AJ interview this morning.. of course North ambushed him with the Burls comments.. AJ said he had not read the comments..and would not comment on Burls comments til he had read it and talked with MB..

North pursued it at least three times trying to bait AJ into lighting into MB..
and AJ simply said that he did not take toby to task, that toby and him hang out and he did not say anything disrespectful toward toby..

finally, north moved on but from AJ's reaction, I think there might be a closed door conversation with MB this afternoon... again, I am sure MB will clear it up in a matter of minutes..I quickly remember why I never listen to North and why he is a ratings disaster.. what a jerk..

Hitmen77
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
This is just more tired old anti-Sox, anti-AJ crap from Sully. "Is AJ's Act Gettng Old"? He used this same line last year when he blamed AJ for the brawl with Michael Barrett. Geez, we know who's "act is getting old" - it isn't AJ's, it's this constants anti-White Sox spin on everything. Greg Couch in the Sun-Times had an article yesterday headlined "Sox Falling Apart". ***** - after winning 7 out of 9, we're suddenly "falling apart" because of two bad games? I didn't even read the article. The headline was idiotic enough for me.

Not all the articles are bad. I think Morrissey is spot on with his article today: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070520morrissey,1,2816109.column?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
Some turmoil is real, and some is contrived. There is no turmoil here, just a team getting ready to make a move. Understand the difference.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM

If this is true, then Cooper is a real jerk. So apparently Ozzie and Cooper don't believe in the time old principal of pitchers protecting their teammates? And I suppose Cooper advocates batters charging the mound everytime they get hit? I wonder how Coop would have felt if Travis Hafner knocked Buerhle into the next world after Buerhle broke his jaw?

I'm just glad the Sox have AJ Pierzynski. I wish they had a couple more players like him.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I broke my rule against listening to the town idiot North to hear the AJ interview this morning.. of course North ambushed him with the Burls comments.. AJ said he had not read the comments..and would not comment on Burls comments til he had read it and talked with MB..

North pursued it at least three times trying to bait AJ into lighting into MB..
and AJ simply said that he did not take toby to task, that toby and him hang out and he did not say anything disrespectful toward toby..

finally, north moved on but from AJ's reaction, I think there might be a closed door conversation with MB this afternoon... again, I am sure MB will clear it up in a matter of minutes..I quickly remember why I never listen to North and why he is a ratings disaster.. what a jerk..
It's a shame that the Sox do not have a "friendly" local media. They treat the Sox the way they would treat the city's arch rival team, like the Packers or The Cardinals.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
As for this latest nonsense from Sullivan; there is no quote in the article in which Mark directly said that A. J. disrespected Toby. Here is what Mark is quoted as saying: "I think it is disrespecting Toby," Buehrle said before Sunday's game. "It's kind of saying: 'You can't do your job.'

Notice that Sullivan was careful not to state that Mark was referring to A. J.'s comments. Sullivan is trying to imply that, but he doesn't actually quote Mark as saying "A. J. is disrespecting Toby". That's because Mark didn't say that. He said "It is disrespecting Toby".
It's more likely that Mark was making reference to North's comments about Ozzie's failure to start all of his regulars in the 'big' Cubs series. All A. J. said is that he wanted to play. That is completely different than saying that the team needed to play him, in order to have a better chance to win.

This is all just more of the same shameful way in which some of the local press tries to stir up things.

Good catch.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Wherever AJ goes, his team wins. The pitchers and pitching coach should remember that..

:thumbsup:

dickallen15
05-21-2007, 12:55 PM
If Buerhle has a problem with AJ, he probably should go to him about it. Complaining about a teammate craving attention to the media is sort of hypocritical. I heard the AJ interview, and he really didn't say anything wrong. He just was asked if he wanted to play and if he needed a rest. He said the reason he wasn't playing was a LHP, which was correct. He wanted to play. Evidently, you're supposed to not want to play. He also said he had time off and he didn't need a rest. No one was complaining about AJ playing against a LHP in the 7th inning yesterday. I thought that is what Toby Hall is for.

BainesHOF
05-21-2007, 01:01 PM
A.J. has done nothing wrong and many things right for us. Buehrle's comments about A.J., however, are hugely disappointing. They're far worse than everything A.J. has done or said since he's been here. Not only are Buehrle's comments to the press about a teammate big-time bush league, but they're flat out wrong. In A.J.'s original comments to Mike North, he went out of his way to say it was nothing against Toby Hall or anyone, but that he just wanted to play. What's so bad about that?

And A.J. was proven right by Hall's defensive misadventures in the opener and A.J.'s grand slam off a lefty on Sunday.

A.J.'s our catcher and Hall is a quality backup who should receive a fair amount of time against lefties. Period.

It's troubling that Buehrle felt the need to mouth off about a teammate to the press. It's especially surprising since they just worked together on a no-hitter.

And it's apparent that Paul Sullivan is angling for a pat on the head and a raise after he was taken to the Tribune's corporate woodshed last year for being too negative toward the Cubs. I've lost a lot of respect for Sullivan. His reporting has been slanted ever since then. His portrayal of what A.J. said was as off base as Buehrle's comments.

hi im skot
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Another manufactured "controversy".

Shocking.

http://img.search.com/thumb/7/78/Chief_Wiggum.jpg/222px-Chief_Wiggum.jpg
"Nothing to see here, folks!"

ShoelessJoeS
05-21-2007, 01:07 PM
I can't wait for the day when the Tribune no longer owns the Cubs...

Maybe then they'll stop printing this crap.

SOXPHILE
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Paul Sullivan = http://www.frodoforever.com/gallery/albums/fgal/fgal25b.jpg

WhiteSox5187
05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
A.J. has done nothing wrong and many things right for us. Buehrle's comments about A.J., however, are hugely disappointing. They're far worse than everything A.J. has done or said since he's been here. Not only are Buehrle's comments to the press about a teammate big-time bush league, but they're flat out wrong. In A.J.'s original comments to Mike North, he went out of his way to say it was nothing against Toby Hall or anyone, but that he just wanted to play. What's so bad about that?

And A.J. was proven right by Hall's defensive misadventures in the opener and A.J.'s grand slam off a lefty on Sunday.

A.J.'s our catcher and Hall is a quality backup who should receive a fair amount of time against lefties. Period.

It's troubling that Buehrle felt the need to mouth off about a teammate to the press. It's especially surprising since they just worked together on a no-hitter.

And it's apparent that Paul Sullivan is angling for a pat on the head and a raise after he was taken to the Tribune's corporate woodshed last year for being too negative toward the Cubs. I've lost a lot of respect for Sullivan. His reporting has been slanted ever since then. His portrayal of what A.J. said was as off base as Buehrle's comments.
See I still think that some reporter asked Mark "What do you think about what AJ said?" And Buerhle probably didn't hear the quote and heard it from the reporter (who made it sound worse than it is) and responded to that. I don't think this is that big of a story and I think that Mark and AJ have already made up and will be fine.

IowaSox1971
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM

A.J. was not "proven right" at all. Toby Hall had two hits in Friday's game, including a double and a run scored in the seventh to give us a 3-1 lead. Yes, Toby should have blocked the ball thrown by MacDougal, but that was a tough play to make. A.J. let the same type of pitch get past him from Sisco, allowing a run to score in Sunday's game, so there's no guarantee that A.J. would have blocked the pitch from MacDougal.

It's ridiculous for people to act like Hall lost Friday's game for us. Poor relief pitching lost it. It made sense to start Hall on Friday, because that was the only game of the series in which the Cubs were going to have a lefty starter.
I don't mind A.J. saying that he wanted to play, but it was not the wrong move to start Hall. If Hall is going to be on the team, then he should be starting against a good lefty.

kitekrazy
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM
This story really needs to just go away. Honestly who cares that AJ said he wanted to play. Of course he wanted to play, any athlete is going to answer the way AJ did if asked the question he was asked. Whatever happend to just saying "no comment"?

That was it. It wasn't disrespecting Hall.

The media is looking for another whipping boy. By August they'll go back to picking on Grossman.

BainesHOF
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
It's ridiculous for people to act like Hall lost Friday's game for us.

Nobody said Hall lost the game for us.

To ignore that A.J. makes a habit of coming through in big games is silly. To bench one of our best clutch hitters and one of our hottest hitters to play a backup making his season debut in a big game is a bad move.

SouthSideSid
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
AJ's mouth used to piss me off when he was a Twinkie, but that was because he speaks his mind and fights as hard as he can for his team. That may make him an A-Hole to alot of people, but not any Sox fans. He made the difference with the pitchers in 2005 and he helped us win 90 last year. My only complaint is that I don't want to see him batting third. As the sixth or seventh guy in a lineup he is better than just about any other teams sixth or seventh hitter.

hawkjt
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Just heard the tailgunner Joe cowley interview with murph on the Score a few minutes ago(I am guilty, I listened to the Score some today)

At times I have resented cowley as a pot-stirrer but I have to say today he really gave some solid insight into the locker room.. which he said is really a great locker room these days.. his main points?

- He joked about the AJ- MB controversy- he said they get along great and burls is just a locker room joker who loves to prod the media into stupid stuff.. cowley did say there were a couple of writers in town who simply want to create something in the sox locker room that is not there.. no names but I know he meant sully..

-said burls comments were a joking matter between him and AJ

-said burls turned up the volume on the radio interview re-run on friday in the locker room and the whole team was laughing and egging north on to rip on ozzie.. even ozzie..

-said it was a great environment in the sox locker room due to kenny and ozzies total honesty and lack of game-playing.. no mixed messages in their locker room..said it was the envy of almost every team in baseball where politics reign.. other beat writers from other towns verify this..

- said PK and AJ were the two cornerstones of the mood of the team and they are rock solid teammates..

- players still love playing for ozzie and kenny due to straightforward,but fun attitudes..

- said there were no problem players like he again cited Carlos Lee as a locker room negative, unlike maggs.. good team chemistry now..

Cowley really came off as a supporter of the mgt team in place at sox park and I do not think he is an arse-kisser...

oeo
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
A.J. has done nothing wrong and many things right for us. Buehrle's comments about A.J., however, are hugely disappointing.

You're 'hugely' buying into the media's crap.

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Nobody said Hall lost the game for us.

To ignore that A.J. makes a habit of coming through in big games is silly. To bench one of our best clutch hitters and one of our hottest hitters to play a backup making his season debut in a big game is a bad move.

:rolleyes:

I'd rather keep AJ fresh for a game against Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or Oakland.

This was a big hype game, but we're playing an NL team who we aren't competing against. Games against all the above mentioned teams are bigger games than this.

palehozenychicty
05-21-2007, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes:

I'd rather keep AJ fresh for a game against Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or Oakland.

This was a big hype game, but we're playing an NL team who we aren't competing against. Games against all the above mentioned teams are bigger games than this.

Thank you. If we lose two to Oakland at the Cell, then I'll be really annoyed.

DickAllen72
05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
At times I have resented cowley as a pot-stirrer but I have to say today he really gave some solid insight into the locker room.. which he said is really a great locker room these days..
I agree 100%.

BarbG
05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
- He joked about the AJ- MB controversy- he said they get along great and burls is just a locker room joker who loves to prod the media into stupid stuff...

I have absolutely no doubt about this.

-said it was a great environment in the sox locker room due to kenny and ozzies total honesty and lack of game-playing..

I LOVE this!!! The media does not, however, like honesty. So they make up garbage like the article that started this thread.

BainesHOF
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
The Cubs games, and especially the first one, was important for all kinds of reasons. Of course it's always big to the city when the teams meet. But it was especially important to us since we were just beginning to build some momentum in a season that has been a struggle. It was big to win the first game, survive the hype and win the series, and go along our merry way. If we don't turn it around quickly, all those future series against the likes of Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota, etc., aren't going to mean anything to us. Ozzie managed the first game like we were like 10 games above .500. We didn't have the luxury. We have to treat the present with urgency and try to find a way back into becoming serious contenders again.

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
The Cubs games, and especially the first one, was important for all kinds of reasons. Of course it's always big to the city when the teams meet. But it was especially important to us since we were just beginning to build some momentum in a season that has been a struggle. It was big to win the first game, survive the hype and win the series, and go along our merry way. If we don't turn it around quickly, all those future series against the likes of Detroit, Cleveland, Minnesota, etc., aren't going to mean anything to us. Ozzie managed the first game like we were like 10 games above .500. We didn't have the luxury. We have to treat the present with urgency and try to find a way back into becoming serious contenders again.

The baseball season is a marathon. Even if you fall behind early, you don't start sprinting. You just can't. Even if you do catch up, you'll fade at the end.

fram40
05-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Just heard the tailgunner Joe cowley interview with murph on the Score a few minutes ago(I am guilty, I listened to the Score some today)

At times I have resented cowley as a pot-stirrer but I have to say today he really gave some solid insight into the locker room.. which he said is really a great locker room these days.. his main points?

- He joked about the AJ- MB controversy- he said they get along great and burls is just a locker room joker who loves to prod the media into stupid stuff.. cowley did say there were a couple of writers in town who simply want to create something in the sox locker room that is not there.. no names but I know he meant sully..

-said burls turned up the volume on the radio interview re-run on friday in the locker room and the whole team was laughing and egging north on to rip on ozzie.. even ozzie..

-said it was a great environment in the sox locker room due to kenny and ozzies total honesty and lack of game-playing.. no mixed messages in their locker room..said it was the envy of almost every team in baseball where politics reign.. other beat writers from other towns verify this..

- said PK and AJ were the two cornerstones of the mood of the team and they are rock solid teammates..

- players still love playing for ozzie and kenny due to straightforward,but fun attitudes..

- said there were no problem players like he again cited Carlos Lee as a locker room negative, unlike maggs.. good team chemistry now..

Cowley really came off as a supporter of the mgt team in place at sox park and I do not think he is an arse-kisser...

Thanks for this summary. But wasn't it Joe Cowley who last week mentioned a "rumor" that Ozzie had lost the clubhouse? Some such bs - I think it was Wed's Sun-Times. And I think it was Mike Murphy who commented on it on Sunday on the Score during "Hit and Run".

Seems odd that Cowley would print such a rumor last week and then go on the Score and raise the points quoted above. No consistency.

MRM
05-21-2007, 08:36 PM

Oh poppycock. I don't know what you "heard" but what you describe above is obviously not it. NO WAY Coop would or could record such an interview and THEN "make sure the Score wouldn't play it". That's absurd on it's face.

1) Only a fool who wished to be fired would make such comments to a freakin' radio personality.

2) NO WAY the Score would turn around and NOT play the interview. They would play the relevent quotes at the top of EVERY HOUR for two weeks!

3) The complaint itself makes no sense. Why would Coop risk alienating a guy he and his staff has to work so closely with on a daily bases with silly complaints?

Oh. And what does "he would get beaned and just stand there" mean? He didn't rush the mound whenever he got hit by a pitch? Rushing the mound is an automatic ejection, why WOULD he do that?

Are you telling us that Coop is an irrational jerk who has compromising pictures of the CEO at the score?

southside rocks
05-22-2007, 10:20 AM
FWIW, here is Nate Whalen's take on the AJ/Buehrle silliness-- Whalen covers the Sox for the Daily Southtown--
http://blogs.dailysouthtown.com/whalen/2007/05/aj_and_buehrle_trying_to_make.html