PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Dempster in the starting rotation??

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Has Lou completely lost his mind??

The Cubs are considering making changes to their pitching staff, and one of the possibilities is to move Ryan Dempster from closer to the rotation.

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070520&content_id=1976000&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

chisoxmike
05-20-2007, 05:55 PM
That could be a complete utter disaster. Do it Lou.:bandance:

oeo
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
That could be a complete utter disaster. Do it Lou.:bandance:

It's already official, they announced it on the post game show.

Who the hell is going to close? Not like they can get any worse than Dumpster, though.

FielderJones
05-20-2007, 06:20 PM
It's already official, they announced it on the post game show.

Who the hell is going to close? Not like they can get any worse than Dumpster, though.

:gascan
"You rang?"

y2j2785
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Does this mean "Home Run" Howry is the new closer?

FielderJones
05-20-2007, 06:29 PM

That's what they said on the postgame show. Can't wait to see him get lit up.

TDog
05-20-2007, 06:47 PM

Howry already has three blown saves. Eyre already has three blown saves. Dempster is nine of 10 in save opportunities, and he's the only pitcher on the team to earn a save. He lost a game that went as an Eyre blown save, so maybe Eyre has 2.5 and Dempster has 1.5.

I don't think Dempster is much of a closer, but I don't think he's a multi-inning pitcher either. I expect that whatever Lou Piniella does, however, will be regarded as a stroke of genius.

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Just when you think they couldn't get any dumber

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 07:10 PM
NSBB is in a tizzy about this

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=40795&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ungh. ::pulls gun to head::

Boy was I wrong. God Damnit Lou.

it's okay guys, i'm sure this is still just lou messing with people
jkjk everyone has to admit that he's a moron now

what a frickin idiot.

HAHAHA.

Absolutely hilarious, Cubs.

It would suck if I still cared, though.

bigfoot
05-20-2007, 07:31 PM

Balsa Wood>>????:rolleyes:

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I was watching the pregame on Friday and Lou was playing around with the media, by the way he was hinting at changes, I thought this was where he was going. It's all been a big game to him though, today before the game he said he just talked about it/threw it out there and snapped at someone who wanted more info about it, I guess it's official now.

TDog
05-20-2007, 09:59 PM
NSBB is in a tizzy about this

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=40795&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I love the posts calling for Piniella to be fired.

SOXPHILE
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
It was just announced today that now, Dempster will NOT be going to the rotation, and will retain the closer role. They were interviewing him after the game, and he said he was excited -(I was too)- about him becoming a starter, and then Lou talked to him in his office, and nothing has changed.

eriqjaffe
05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Nothing like jerking the chain of your already shaky closer!

DumpJerry
05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
The price of gas is too high for them to use Howry more than twice a week.

eriqjaffe
05-20-2007, 10:58 PM
The price of gas is too high for them to use Howry more than twice a week.Now that's comedy!

HotelWhiteSox
05-21-2007, 01:13 AM
I had completely forgotten that he used to start

But yeah, they scratched it now

DSpivack
05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Why even mess that much with the rotation? Lilly, Marquis and Hill have been pitching well (I don't think that will last, but so far they have), Zambrano has been dissapointing. All they need is a 5th starter, but nothing so drastic as that. Clearly they seem clueless.

balke
05-21-2007, 11:00 AM
Lou also hinted Angel Guzman would be moving to the bullpen, and that he has what it takes to be a closer.

He said there'd be a big shake-up, I don't see why they can't make a trade. There's enough bats there to find at least one decent pitcher.

His arrogance makes me think Wood or Prior are ready to come back, but that'll only last for about a week if they do. Lou takes like a minute to complete a sentence.

palehozenychicty
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Lou also hinted Angel Guzman would be moving to the bullpen, and that he has what it takes to be a closer.

He said there'd be a big shake-up, I don't see why they can't make a trade. There's enough bats there to find at least one decent pitcher.

His arrogance makes me think Wood or Prior are ready to come back, but that'll only last for about a week if they do. Lou takes like a minute to complete a sentence.

Apparently, Balsa is supposed to throw today. :rolleyes:
Prior is done as a ML pitcher. And once upon a time, Sweet Lou was a decent manager.

DumpJerry
05-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Over the weekend, Balsa said he expects to pitch this year for the Cubs. As if someone else would want him.:rolleyes: