PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Sox Beat Cubs @ The Urinal Yeeesss!!! 5/20/2007 Postgame Thread

MCHSoxFan
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Broke up the sweep!!! Hey, now when a Cub fan says that they won the series, we can just say we still have a better record. Masset did a good job. My favorite player did another great thing versus the Cubs. AJ had a SLAAAM!!! Now, we got 10 runs in one game. Let's hope this kind of offense continues for a while. A loooong while. However, the bullpen is still a little scary. Hey, a win is a win. Now let's stick it to the A's and then the D'Rays!!!

:walkoff: :D: :D: :D:

Navarro's Talent
05-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Good to see the offense get going, and I love seeing Thome back.

The story here, though, is Masset. He rocked. Thanks, Nick!

Foulke You
05-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I have to give props for Masset today. I had a bad feeling about him starting and he proved me wrong.

What the heck was with our bullpen in this series? Hopefully, that will get sorted out against Oakland.

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Looks like Soriano took baserunning drills with Ramirez this week

JermaineDye05
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I have to give props for Masset today. I had a bad feeling about him starting and he proved me wrong.

What the heck was with our bullpen in this series? Hopefully, that will get sorted out against Oakland.

I think Aards had jitters against his former mates, same with Neal as both got hammered this series.

mark2olson
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Nick Masset with a nice game!
AJ with a nice game!
Jim Thome back in the lineup!
Bats waking up! :bandance:

Our bullpen needs to hunker down and cinch it up! :(:

HotelWhiteSox
That first inning really helped out Masset. I remember always seeing our hitters let young pitchers off the hook in past years, and then they go on to cruise, that was big. Hell, I would've even left him to finish the 6th, but that debate became a moot point quick

And a big thanks to Neal/Lou/AJ/Sox hitters for the offense today, finally got to see 10 up there.

And a nice play to end it, that was great

Madvora
Our bullpen ****ing sucks.

Good job by Masset. Great to have Thome back.

palehozenychicty
05-20-2007, 06:11 PM

What the heck was with Aardsma and Macdougal in this series? Hopefully, that will get sorted out against Oakland.

Aardsma didn't want to get his friends out. :D:

thomas35forever
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Nice to salvage a victory in the series. I can only imagine the contempt Cubs fans felt when A.J. hit the salami.

FedEx227
05-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Damn Masset surprised me and has me more then ready for the White Sox future. A rotation anchored by youngsters like Gonzalez, Masset, Danks, Broadway, etc. has me VEEERY excited.

Bullpen is still struggling sans Thornton. Sisco's release point is back to his KC days, Coop will probably need to get him working on that. But all and all good way to grab the momentum coming out of the series, lets hope to translate that towards the As.

cheezheadsoxfan
I feel 100% better than I did last night. I confess to doubt, but a real nice outing by Masset. Love that AJ had the big shot.:bandance:

Looks like the O is back and hopefully this is just a bleep for the bullpen.

Foulke You
This is a relatively recent development though. Aardsma really only had one bad outing going into this series and that was the walkoff HR that he gave up to Thames in Detroit. MacDougal has had some control issues here and there but for the most part, I felt really good about our bullpen up until this week. Hopefully, this is just one of those bad stretches every bullpen goes through.

Great to see Jim back in the lineup. It's a shame that we get Jim back and now Crede may be hurt. Here's hoping it isn't too bad because Pablo at 3B just ain't gonna cut the mustard.

hi im skot
Broke up the sweep!!! Hey, now when a Cub fan says that they won the series, we can just say we still have a better record.

I could give a **** what Cubs fans say.

Awesome to see the bats wake up. Wish I could say the same about our bullpen.

Hopefully Crede is okay, and that this is the start of a patented eight game winning streak. :cool:

NDSox12
05-20-2007, 06:15 PM
MCH, you need to work on your spelling for these post-game thread titles :D:

Great to salvage this one today. The offense seems to be heating up too. Now the bullpen needs to get their act together.

hi im skot
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM

Great to salvage this one today. The offense seems to be heating up too. Now the bullpen needs to get their act together.

What, you haven't heard of the Urnial?

Kub_Killer_15
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2470/zambranotaunt2st0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

7 earned runs for Zambrano sounds so sweet!

hi im skot
05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
That picture is amazing.

oeo
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Our rookie long reliever just beat their ace. :bandance:

Madvora
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Beginning of the season

no hitting
starting pitching ok
bullpen great
Later

no hitting
starting pitching outstanding
bullpen great
Now

great hitting
bullpen sucks

LongLiveFisk
05-20-2007, 06:20 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2470/zambranotaunt2st0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bwahahaha!! Great pic!! :)

Anyway let's hope the pen does better. And soon. And keep the offense going. All obvious things, but overall a big win for the Sox to keep the momentum going against Oakland.

southside rocks
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM

It's the curse that hangs around the confines and is carried on Flubbie pinstripes. It infected the Sox relievers. Coop is going to de-con them as soon as they get back to the Cell and it will be okay. :wink:

NICE job by Masset! Still liking that trade by KW, even though McCarthy also pitched a good game today ... the Sox got two for one and both of those two have impressed so far.

Foulke You
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM

That pic is priceless.:D:

Fungo
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Helluva job Nick. :gulp:

TDog
05-20-2007, 06:24 PM

And the Sox were going against the Cubs' ace. I was impressed with Masset, and I know people were upset when he was pulled, but at the time I thought Guillen made the correct decision. Masset had not gone this long all year. Ward had hit Masset well and drove in the run in the first. Putting in Sisco would force Piniella's hand to pinch-hit with Lee. If he did, he would burn both Ward and Lee in the sixth inning. Fortunately, only the wild pitch scored. I thought it was a brilliant move before the wild pitch. And it turned out to be brilliant in the end because the players came through with a win.

The Sox got the run back. Piniella was sucked in to play the righty-lefty thing twice to his detriment -- bringing in Lee to walk too early in the game, and brining in Cotts to face AJ, who used to catch Cotts. If AJ has a chance at any lefty, it should be Cotts.

People were upset with the bullpen this weekend, but today's game was limited to the bullpen. Where could the Sox go today if Masset had been rocked early? He is the long guy. Not a quality start, which I know upset some people. No save for Jenks, even though it felt like he earned one.

People may be upset with Aardsma. I think he'll get better after he gets out of Wrigley. Otherwise, this was a most impressive win.

The Dude
05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Hitting the long ball- check
Timely hitting- check
Emergency Starting Pitching - check
Relievers VS former teams sucking- check

1 of 3 is disappointing but obviously better than a sweep. Lets get em in June.

Foulke You
05-20-2007, 06:29 PM
The Sox got the run back. Piniella was sucked in to play the righty-lefty thing twice to his detriment -- bringing in Lee to walk too early in the game, and brining in Cotts to face AJ, who used to catch Cotts. If AJ has a chance at any lefty, it should be Cotts.
In addition to AJ knowing how Cotts throws, we all know that Neal is actually one of those lefty pitchers who throws worse against lefty batters. How many times did we see Cotts come into situations just like that one last year for the Sox and give up the big hit or HR? I love Neal for 2005 but in '06, he, Riske, and McCarthy were a big reason why we didn't win the AL Central last year.

WSox597
I'm ecstatic that they won. Masset was a nice surprise, I was worried about his first start being in the Urinal with that pressure. He handled it quite nicely.

Great to see A.J. hammer the sCrubs again! Outstanding! Thome's back, and he walked and scored. Nice to see him back. Hopefully, Crede's back is a minor thing, he's too good at third.

Just a suggestion here, if Joe is going to be out, perhaps Mackowiak should play third base, and Ozuna should do left field. Mack is a third baseman by "trade" isn't he? Just a thought.

Aardsma will be okay, probably just the thought of playing in front of his former fans ate him up. I hated that they lost two games to an inferior team, but perhaps these two games will wake them up.

I did get a kick at watching the sea gulls, they probably thought they were over a garbage scow, flying over Wrigley. :D:

Oh yeah, and "The world's greatest fans" were throwing garbage out onto the field, and attracting the sea gulls.

oeo
Beginning of the season
no hitting
starting pitching ok
bullpen greatLater

no hitting
bullpen greatNow
great hitting
bullpen sucks

"Now" is two games? How about we wait until we see how they do against Oakland pitching before we say the hitting is great. The two guys that were bad in this series were Aardsma and MacDougal. You can't really make a case for anyone else. Logan gave up a slam, that had more to do with the wind rather than Lee. MacDougal came out today and got the job done when called upon. Aardsma has been fine until the last two days...I guess we just can't have him pitch against the Flubs.

I hate the overreactions...our bullpen does not suck. It struggled this series, but it doesn't suck.

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Damn Masset surprised me and has me more then ready for the White Sox future. A rotation anchored by youngsters like Gonzalez, Masset, Danks, Broadway, etc. has me VEEERY excited.

Bullpen is still struggling sans Thornton. Sisco's release point is back to his KC days, Coop will probably need to get him working on that. But all and all good way to grab the momentum coming out of the series, lets hope to translate that towards the As.
And Jenks

peeonwrigley
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I was down visiting a friend in Beverly yesterday morning and saw the marquee on McNally's said "Five Cent Drafts Monday if Sox Get Swept."

Pretty funny stuff, but I'm sure the owner is happy to not have to live up to that one.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
heck of a gutsy performance by masset, keeps me from committing multiple homicides tomorrow at work.... i wish aj could hit lefties...:D:

TDog
05-20-2007, 06:33 PM
In addition to AJ knowing how Cotts throws, we all know that Neal is actually one of those lefty pitchers who throws worse against lefty batters. How many times did we see Cotts come into situations just like that one last year for the Sox and give up the big hit or HR? I love Neal for 2005 but in '06, he, Riske, and McCarthy were a big reason why we didn't win the AL Central last year.

I suggested something like the AJ at bat against Cotts would happen in chat weeks ago. That's how predictable it was. I wonder if Cubs fans are calling for Lou Piniella's firing today.

WizardsofOzzie
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
I was down visiting a friend in Beverly yesterday morning and saw the marquee on McNally's said "Five Cent old style Drafts Monday if Sox Get Swept."

Pretty funny stuff, but I'm sure the owner is happy to not have to live up to that one.
Fixed it for you

TDog
05-20-2007, 06:35 PM
And Jenks

And Masset.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I suggested something like the AJ at bat against Cotts would happen in chat weeks ago. That's how predictable it was. I wonder if Cubs fans are calling for Lou Piniella's firing today.

cub fans are sheep and will do as they're told.

starboy0
05-20-2007, 06:39 PM

That picture is going on my blackboard tomorrow! Thanks!

MCHSoxFan
05-20-2007, 06:41 PM

That is something that has bothered me about the Sox since 2006. Usually, when one part of the team does well, another seems to fall. Let's get it ALL together for MOST of the season!

Frater Perdurabo
05-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Going 1-2 in a series is never a good thing, but I'd rather win the last one than the first or second one. This gives the Sox momentum going into Monday and into the rematch with the Cubs.

When A.J. hit the grand slam, it reminded how ineffective Cotts can be against lefties. Although Aardsma had a rough weekend, I'm glad the Sox have him instead of Cotts.

It's hard to tell if the Sox offense is coming out of its funk or this was a by-product of facing Cubs pitching, but I'll take it.

Continue the momentum into the A's series, and then take care of business against the Rays.

infohawk
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Bullpens can be tempermental, even good ones. If you watch a lot of games for any one team throughout an entire season, you'll see that the bullpen will typically have some periods where they are just cold. I feel pretty confident that, at the end of the season, our bullpen will rank pretty well. Offense is still the main concern for me at this point.

HotelWhiteSox
05-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Psssh, BBTN doesn't even show the last play, prob doesn't want to show an empty stadium shot. Hilarious to see them struggle to know who Nick Masset even is, do they any prep work?

kevingrt
05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
A nice White Sox winner. And a light Sunday afternoon victory thread.

TDog
05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Bullpens can be tempermental, even good ones. If you watch a lot of games for any one team throughout an entire season, you'll see that the bullpen will typically have some periods where they are just cold. I feel pretty confident that, at the end of the season, our bullpen will rank pretty well. Offense is still the main concern for me at this point.

Apparently this team doesn't even have a sixth-starter problem. MacDougal, Thornton and Jenks did all right today. Aardsma had a bad weekend. Logan had one bad outing this weekend. Sisco allowed an inherited runner to score today and put the go ahead run on base, but the team picked him up.

Everyone who pitched for the Sox today was from the bullpen. The only member of the bullpen not to pitch today was Logan. Two-thirds of the runs were given up by Aardsma, who I expect will do better when he isn't facing his former teammates.

Reports of the White Sox bullpen's demise have been exaggerated.

Jurr
05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Yup, if the Sox lost, there would have been a 500 post thread detailing why Ozzie is a moron for pulling Masset and how the entire team is on a down elevator to hell.

chisoxfanatic
05-20-2007, 07:21 PM
The FUNNIEST moment came when Iguchi fouled off a pitch, it went DIRECTLY to AJ, who used his bat to hit it DIRECTLY at Michael Barrett! :D:

AJ is ALWAYS in the middle of things! I LOVE him!!! :smile:

That's more like it! No brooms will be felt on the south side!

Dan Mega
05-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Yup, if the Sox lost, there would have been a 500 post thread detailing why Ozzie is a moron for pulling Masset and how the entire team is on a down elevator to hell.

I am wondering if some of the dark clouds avoid WSI during the "up" times. With that being said it was a thrilling win. On to my least favorite MLB team next.

LongLiveFisk
05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I am wondering if some of the dark clouds avoid WSI during the "up" times.

Possibly...but as a general rule, the happier the fan, the fewer the posts in a postgame thread. A lot of people feel better when they vent/complain. It's sort of like customer service...if you get bad service you immediately complain to the manager but how many people go out of their way to compliment the customer service rep when they get good service?

DickAllen72
05-20-2007, 07:30 PM
A.J. is the man! He's a winner who lives for these moments. Great job by Masset. Good win for the Sox.

Let's hope Crede will be OK soon.

BeviBall!
05-20-2007, 07:40 PM

Love this!

Brian26
05-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Somewhere out there on a Scrubs message board, they are making fun of Sox fans that can't spell.

Urnial?

Can someone fix that?

Blueprint1
05-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I am very happy that we won. I didn't even feel like going to the game after yesterday.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Somewhere out there on a Scrubs message board, they are making fun of Sox fans that can't spell.

Urnial?

Can someone fix that?

Don't forget my policy of only posting in postgame threads where the titles are misspelled.

Frankfan4life
05-20-2007, 08:06 PM
My internet service has been so unreliable, I'm not able to post whenever I want, so since I was at the game yesterday and saw that cub soap opera in person, I just wanted to say that today's win really meant a lot to me.

Of course I would have rather had the series win but today's game made me feel a whole lot better. When the grand slam by the "much despised" A.J. sent the cubfans stampeding for the exits, I was cracking up. Thank you A.J.!!!!!!!!

GregoryEtc
05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Didn't see the whole game. Can someone explain that picture to me?

FedEx227
05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Didn't see the whole game. Can someone explain that picture to me?

It's from a past years game, either one or two years ago. Basically, its Sox fans making fun of Zambrano as he leaves the field by using his quite-famous "point to the sky when I get out of an inning" pose.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 08:17 PM
It's from a past years game, either one or two years ago. Basically, its Sox fans making fun of Zambrano as he leaves the field by using his quite-famous "point to the sky when I get out of an inning" pose.

Yep, last year's Sunday game at The Cell (which the Sox ended up losing).

BeviBall!
05-20-2007, 08:20 PM

Urnial?

Can someone fix that?

Maybe he'll fix it tomorrow? His job is to post the game thread .00001 seconds after the game ends and you don't see him until the next day.

Daver
05-20-2007, 08:39 PM

Urnial?

Can someone fix that?

I can, I choose not to.

:)

Brian26
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Maybe he'll fix it tomorrow? His job is to post the game thread .00001 seconds after the game ends and you don't see him until the next day.

His excuse for the misspellings is always "I was in a hurry!" As if, no matter what time of day or night the Sox game is ending, he's just about to run out the door to do some important errand and he just didn't have time to double check it :D:

Brian26
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
I can, I choose not to.

You have powers that mere mortals cannot comprehend.

Can you do something to help Sisco throw a strike? :D:

hawkjt
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
thank you AJ!! man, he loves to hit at wrigley,

keep chopping wood , sox!!

the a's can really pitch it but they only got two hits today vs matt morris so maybe their bats are sleepy.. come out tomorrow nite and get the mo going ...

pretty entertaining weekend of baseball, too bad the first two games stunk..

Hitmen77
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
That's the 2nd time Masset has bailed us out when we were suddenly short a starting pitcher. The other time being the 3rd game of the season where Buerhle had to leave in the 2nd inning after getting hit by a line drive.

Great to avoid the sweep. I really saw all the Cub fans come out of the woodwork today after the Sox dropped the 1st two games. Honestly, I don't think I have seen that many people out in public with Cubs gear on since before Oct. 2005. I'm glad they don't care about the Sox!

I'm not worried about the bullpen yet. My only big concern right now is Crede. I hope he'll be alright. Dang, is the injury bug just going to follow this team around all season?

BeviBall!
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
His excuse for the misspellings is always "I was in a hurry!" As if, no matter what time of day or night the Sox game is ending, he's just about to run out the door to do some important errand and he just didn't have time to double check it :D:

He has two windows open -- one with a winning PG and one with a losing PG -- ready to be submitted when the time arises. The final out occurs and the cold sweat begins to build atop his brow. Will I be the first to submit the new thread yet again? he ponders. I don't see thomas35forever browsing this forum... it's in the bag!

Misspellings be damned! for the joy of seeing his moniker next to today's official PG thread is something that can never be matched! I did this! Google knows him by MCHSoxFan but we know him as the fastest gun in the Midwest.

MRM
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM

Has me scared vs. one featuring Buehrle, Garland, Contreras, Vazquez, and Danks. :D: I like the potential of the guys you mention, but I'll stick with the studs already in place for now, thanks. :smile:

Unblyleven Bread
05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Nice. :smokin:

MCHSoxFan
05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
He has two windows open -- one with a winning PG and one with a losing PG -- ready to be submitted when the time arises. The final out occurs and the cold sweat begins to build atop his brow. Will I be the first to submit the new thread yet again? he ponders. I don't see thomas35forever browsing this forum... it's in the bag!

Misspellings be damned! for the joy of seeing his moniker next to today's official PG thread is something that can never be matched! I did this! Google knows him by MCHSoxFan but we know him as the fastest gun in the Midwest.

That is 100% TRUE. As soon as the 9th inning is on, I am soaked in sweat!!! I am sooo nervous. I love being the *OFFICIAL* POSTGAME THREAD WRITER. Hey, mods, can that me my *OFFICIAL* job? If someone else does it, they are banned forever.

Daver
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
That is 100% TRUE. As soon as the 9th inning is on, I am soaked in sweat!!! I am sooo nervous. I love being the *OFFICIAL* POSTGAME THREAD WRITER. Hey, mods, can that me my *OFFICIAL* job? If someone else does it, they are banned forever.

No, you can't spell.

RadioheadRocks
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM

... and the bananas shall dance once again!!!

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

delben91
05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I didn't watch the game, and glad I didn't as Aardsma's inning would've been the end of me.

TDog is right though, if you ignore that inning, and since the bullpen pitched the whole game, the bullpen in essence "bounced back" just a bit today.

That said, I do hope the Sox can muster 10 runs a game if the bullpen chooses to have any more outings like Friday and Saturday, as they'll need every last run they can get their hands on.

Hopefully today was the offense breaking out, I just hope it keeps up, and isn't a tease.

Brian26
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Hey, mods, can that me my *OFFICIAL* job? If someone else does it, they are banned forever.

I propose if you get caught doing it again, you get banned forever.

Chrisaway
05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Ive been saying that my new favorite current sox player would be the first one to homer off Neal Cotts. Guess whose getting an AJ Pierzynski jersey for his bday:bandance:

NSSoxFan
05-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Did you guys see how Pinellia schooled Ozzie today?

chisoxfanatic
05-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Ive been saying that my new favorite current sox player would be the first one to homer off Neal Cotts. Guess whose getting an AJ Pierzynski for his bday:bandance:
I'm probably gonna end up getting a Pierzynski player tee shirt when I'm at the game Tuesday.

ChiSoxGirl
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm probably gonna end up getting a Pierzynski player tee shirt when I'm at the game Tuesday.

Maybe you ought to go for the "got pierzynski?" shirt like I've got. It drives home the point so much more than a regular player tee. :wink:

aryzner
05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
All I can say about this game is that AJ hitting that grand slam is the best thing that could have possibly happened at Wrigley.

After he hit it, I could not stop smiling/laughing.

BoysMom3
05-20-2007, 11:18 PM
All I can say about this game is that AJ hitting that grand slam is the best thing that could have possibly happened at Wrigley.

After he hit it, I could not stop smiling/laughing.

Heh, I called that granny at our house as soon as I saw AJ was up with the bases loaded. I even started a Let's Go AJ cheer that my whole family joined in on. Man did that make my day!!!!!

BoysMom3
05-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I have a question about this thread. I really wanted to comment about the grand slam here during the game, but then I noticed that most of the posts say postgame. I thought I remembered people commenting on game threads during the game before, but I couldn't remember for sure. Since I'm pretty new still and didn't see any existing threads for today's game while it was on, I was afraid to start one and talk about it. So do you guys always wait until the game is over to discuss?

Thanks!

FarWestChicago
05-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I am wondering if some of the dark clouds avoid WSI during the "up" times.Are you serious? Many of the Clouds want the Sox to lose so they can go insane and claim all would be well if only they ran the team. :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
05-21-2007, 12:37 AM

Urnial?

Can someone fix that?

Don't forget my policy of only posting in postgame threads where the titles are misspelled.

I can, I choose not to.

:)
I am a weaker person than you, Daver. It got to me and I succumbed.

Grzegorz
05-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Maybe you ought to go for the "got pierzynski?" shirt like I've got. It drives home the point so much more than a regular player tee.

Silly girl... :D:

That's a great idea; you should keep it to yourself and market the product. You'd be a rich woman by now.

DumpJerry
05-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Silly girl... :D:

That's a great idea; you should keep it to yourself and market the product. You'd be a rich woman by now.
The are already marketing it, that is how she got it. They are rich, but need more $$$ to sign Buehrle.

Cellview22
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I have a question about this thread. I really wanted to comment about the grand slam here during the game, but then I noticed that most of the posts say postgame. I thought I remembered people commenting on game threads during the game before, but I couldn't remember for sure. Since I'm pretty new still and didn't see any existing threads for today's game while it was on, I was afraid to start one and talk about it. So do you guys always wait until the game is over to discuss?

Thanks!

The official game day thread is in the "Pick to Click Game Day" forum, down at the bottom. Here's the one from yesterday; it had 35 pages so they had to start a new one.. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87965
Check out page 25..

balke
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I almost felt bad for Neal Cotts, but it was a great feeling to know AJ was about to hit a grand slam. The score keeper probably put the 4 up before the at-bat actually took place.

MarySwiss
05-21-2007, 09:57 AM

Maybe you ought to go for the "got pierzynski?" shirt like I've got. It drives home the point so much more than a regular player tee. :wink:

After he hit that walk-off last year against Cleveland, I marched straight to the computer and ordered an A.J. "Halfway to St. Pat's" authentic. I don't know if you can still get them anywhere, but I love it! Almost as much as my Paulie WS Champs Road.

As sports fans go, we are truly blessed! :D:

BTW, in all the excitement, I forgot to do this last night--
TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3372)

ChiSoxGirl
05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
The are already marketing it, that is how she got it. They are rich, but need more $$$ to sign Buehrle.

eBay is going to sign Buehrle?! If that's the case, we can sign whoever we want, whenever we want! It's definitely a great place for obscure Sox shirts, though. :wink:

Frankfan4life
05-21-2007, 02:47 PM

7 earned runs for Zambrano sounds so sweet!This picture was bothering me all night. What game is it from? It can't be from yesterday's game unless Zambrano and Ramirez ran into the locker room real quick and put on their road jerseys.

Kub_Killer_15
05-21-2007, 07:05 PM
This picture was bothering me all night. What game is it from? It can't be from yesterday's game unless Zambrano and Ramirez ran into the locker room real quick and put on their road jerseys.

I always thought it was from game 3 last year when the sox wore there throw back jerseys at the cell, but I could be wrong.

Frankfan4life
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
I always thought it was from game 3 last year when the sox wore there throw back jerseys at the cell, but I could be wrong.Thanks for the info. It seems like some people thought it was from yesterday's game. At first I did too.

I don't know if anyone feels the same way but that win yesterday is still feeling good today. I even stayed up late last night to watch the rebroadcast. I just can't get enough of watching that AJ grand salami! Oh, what a feeling!!!! :D:

BoysMom3
05-21-2007, 10:44 PM
The official game day thread is in the "Pick to Click Game Day" forum, down at the bottom. Here's the one from yesterday; it had 35 pages so they had to start a new one.. http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=87965
Check out page 25..

Thank you so much - I thought I saw people commenting during the game, but I couldn't remember! I was afraid to comment during the game in the Clubhouse - I figured if nobody else is doing it, there's a reason, and I'll stick with that!