PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie's rough week

BainesHOF
05-20-2007, 10:29 AM
It certainly was a rough week for the ol' Ozzeroo. As bad as many players are performing, Ozzie's performance is indepedent of those struggles. The mental decisions of a manager should be consistent and relatively easy to make in comparison to the players producing on the field, but Ozzie is independently doing his part to put a struggling team behind the 8-ball.

I had a cautiously optimistic feeling about the team heading into the Cubs series. Though we continued to struggle in many areas of the game, we went to Wrigley having won eight of 11.

Then I turned on the radio and heard Ozzie's embarrassing and unprofessional rant with Mike North. The phone call and subsequent explanations were troubling on several fronts.

- This first is obvious. Ozzie still can't control his mouth, even in the morning hours before game time.

- A.J. was right. He should have been in the lineup. While in a normal situation, it would have been fine to start Hall, this was not a normal situation. A.J. was one of the few hitters swinging the bat relatively well of late on a team that desperately was looking for offense. For that reason alone, he should have started. But then add A.J.'s flair for producing in big moments, and taking on the Cubs certainly qualifies, that's reason No. 2 he should have started. Reason No. 3, Crede being forced out of the lineup left us short-handed as it was. The last thing we needed was a backup catcher making his season debut. It was Ozzie's "Sunday" lineup, which wasn't the way to start a big series and try to build on our hard-to-come-by momentum. And, of course as Hall showed, he wasn't quite ready defensively. Obviously he has to shake the rust off sometime, but the first game against the Cubs wasn't the time to do it.

- More troubling was the before/after of Ozzie's Score inappropriate public rant. It was revealed that the night before Ozzie watched he Bulls game at the home of Kenny Williams. The two had a discussion about dealing with the media after watching Sweet Lou's postgame Q&A after the Cubs' ninth-inning collapse in New York. That Ozzie couldn't control himself the very next morning is pathetic.

- Ozzie's post-rant explanation with Kenny Williams took the cake in the whole episode. According to Williams, Ozzie said that he was so upset at the time that he couldn't remember dropping the f-bombs on the Score. Couldn't remember? That's laughable. Way to step up and be a man, Ozzie. Just say you can't remember. It's the saddest of defenses.

- I heard that the players enjoyed Ozzie making a fool out of himself. That, combined with Joe Cowley's note earlier in the week asking if Ozzie has lost control of the clubhouse, suggests there might be a serious leadership problem with our manager.

The games against the Cubs so far have hardly been among Ozzie's finest moments. He continues to remove our starting pitchers too soon when they're pitching well. Removing Buehrle when he did was just the latest example. It was aggravated by the fact that Ozzie left him in the game just before that to hit with a man in scoring position. If he was going to have such a quick hook the next time the Cubs hit, then he should have pinch-hit for Buehrle.

To top it off, Ozzie pulled one of the worst moves I've ever seen by a Sox manager. To bring in our worst pitcher in Boone Logan to ultimately face the other team's best hitter in Derek Lee was Bush League Managing 101. I don't think I've even seen any manager bring in their worst pitcher to face the other team's best hitter in the late innings with the game still on the line. Beyond terrible. Ozzie's explanation afterward was that he didn't think Lee would bat. Why not? He took batting practice and there was plenty of talk Lee was on the verge of coming back. That a major league manager didn't think Lee could pinch hit defies logic.

The team is in trouble. Anybody who has been regularly watching the games knows it. Ozzie better wake up soon.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 10:30 AM
be prepared to get bashed... you are of course correct.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
- A.J. was right. He should have been in the lineup. While in a normal situation, it would have been fine to start Hall, this was not a normal situation. A.J. was one of the few hitters swinging the bat relatively well of late on a team that desperately was looking for offense. For that reason alone, he should have started. But then add A.J.'s flair for producing in big moments, and taking on the Cubs certainly qualifies, that's reason No. 2 he should have started. Reason No. 3, Crede being forced out of the lineup left us short-handed as it was. The last thing we needed was a backup catcher making his season debut. It was Ozzie's "Sunday" lineup, which wasn't the way to start a big series and try to build on our hard-to-come-by momentum. And, of course as Hall showed, he wasn't quite ready defensively. Obviously he has to shake the rust off sometime, but the first game against the Cubs wasn't the time to do it.

Starting Hall wasn't a bad call. Hall was signed to hit against lefties becuase AJ hits lefties like a garbage can.

hawkjt
05-20-2007, 10:47 AM
oz made the right call on starting toby hall... he had hit lilly well and showed it by getting a double and single in the game.. the cubs games are just 6 of 162 and as it has been pointed out many times- cub games are less important than AL games..

AJ has sucked vs lefties like lilly.. ozz was correct all the way down the line

he brought in logan to face jacque jones.. lee was a surprise replacement.. and logan in in the big leagues .. he should be able to get a guy who had not seen pitching in a week..

the north thing is not great for ozz but do not make it out to be some kind of big deal.. in the end- who cares? just win ,baby.... and oz wins..

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
:) correct right down the line? WOW

kevingrt
05-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Well he has time to right the ship and that is really all that matters. As Hawkjt said the W is what counts.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Well he has time to right the ship and that is really all that matters. As Hawkjt said the W is what counts.

are we 10 games over and i missed it?

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 10:56 AM

are we 10 games under and i missed it?

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 10:58 AM
are we 10 games under and i missed it?
are we gonna win the division playing .500 baseball and i missed it? or the wild card for that matter? wanna keep playing?

hawkjt
05-20-2007, 11:06 AM
must be your third baseball season as a fan... they play 123 more games,ya know?

relax, oz is going to be on the southside for many years, thankfully.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
must be your third baseball season as a fan... they play 123 more games,ya know?

relax, oz is going to be on the southside for many years, thankfully.

i'll tell ya what, first of all, i have forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know, and i will be willing to bet you anything you want that ozzie guillen will not be the white sox manager by 2010, wanna bet?.. for the record i believe he will be gone well before that, i just would not bet ANYTHING on that, but 2010, i feel very comfortable.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:13 AM
are we gonna win the division playing .500 baseball and i missed it? or the wild card for that matter? wanna keep playing?

I'm interested in playing the rest of the season and seeing what happens. The races aren't decided at the end of this month.

I_Liked_Manuel
05-20-2007, 11:14 AM

are we going to win the division without our leadoff hitter and dh?

let me guess- those injuries are ozzie's fault too?

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:15 AM
i'll tell ya what, first of all, i have forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know, and i will be willing to bet you anything you want that ozzie guillen will not be the white sox manager by 2010, wanna bet?.. for the record i believe he will be gone well before that, i just would not bet ANYTHING on that, but 2010, i feel very comfortable.

What a bold prediction. Only four managers in the history of the franchise have lasted more than five seasons.

:rolleyes:

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm interested in playing the rest of the season and seeing what happens. The races aren't decided at the end of this month.
i'm interested as well, but it's a discussion board and we're discussing what's going on now.

Tragg
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
In 2005, Ozzie stayed in the background and seemed to talk enough only to say he'd stay in the background.
Starting in 2006, he's getting into spitting matches with silly media and with mediocre managers like Showalter.
Just manage the team.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
What a bold prediction. Only four managers in the history of the franchise have lasted more than five seasons.

:rolleyes:
he said many seasons, i did not, and i said i felt he would be gone before that, so blame me, typical. yank your head out of the sand.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:19 AM
i'm interested as well, but it's a discussion board and we're discussing what's going on now.

What's going on is the team is inconsistent. They will look great for two games and then like garbage in the third. Will they become more consistent? I would like to believe so. No way the team will bat .220 for the rest of the season. That average would be the worst in franchise history (Modern Era).

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:20 AM
he said many seasons, i did not, and i said i felt he would be gone before that, so blame me, typical. yank your head out of the sand.

You seem like an easily excitable fellow.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
You seem like an easily excitable fellow.
unlike ozzie:gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
05-20-2007, 11:29 AM
unlike ozzie:gulp:Welcome to ignore

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Welcome to ignore

Get your head out of the sand.

:D:

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:36 AM
:o: Welcome to ignore

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 11:39 AM
:o:

His actions surprise you?

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
His actions surprise you?
i trust that was sarcasm? if not.......:redneck

thomas35forever
05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
The only move by Ozzie I've had a problem with this weekend was bringing in MacDougal in the situation he did. Seeing as MacDougal has pitched the most games of anyone this season and looks like utter crap right now, that was a move Ozzie should've thought twice about before acting on it.

UserNameBlank
05-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Welcome to ignore
Why do people always have to announce this like some ultimate message board **** you?

UserNameBlank
05-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I can deal with all of Ozzie's rants and usually I can find a reason to back him. Even if he comes off sounding like a moron, I like his enthusiasm and I like the fact that he has so much pride for the organization that he takes the littlest things personal.

I just don't like the fact that he's a bad manager.

Frontman
05-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I can deal with all of Ozzie's rants and usually I can find a reason to back him. Even if he comes off sounding like a moron, I like his enthusiasm and I like the fact that he has so much pride for the organization that he takes the littlest things personal.

I just don't like the fact that he's a bad manager.

He's not a bad manager. He's a good manager who has recently made bad calls. Like a good hitter like PK looking at a strike 3 pitch that he should of just crushed. Like a great fielder like Crede just dropping a routine ground ball and missing the play at first. All recent events, all things that shouldn't, but did, happen. Ozzie will get the team back in line.

This team needs to come together, and quick. I hope the return of Big Jim settles everyone down.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Why do people always have to announce this like some ultimate message board **** you?

i'm not sure either, but i was hurt... :whiner:

Thome25
05-20-2007, 12:19 PM
5 Words: GET OFF OZZIE's BACK ALREADY!!!

As a manager he has always been this way. He doesn't take people's **** and says what's on his mind.

He is the blessing that Sox fans have been looking for. With his personality, we won a WS for the first time in 88 years.

Apparently some Sox fans on here have forgotten that we've suffered through managers like the corpse and the mannequin. (Gene Lamont and Jerry Manuel respectively)

Which do you want? An emotional manager who obviously cares and wears his heart on his sleeve or one who acts like he doesn't even care ala Lamont and Manuel? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

I personally enjoy a manager who speaks his mind and doesn't put up with the *******s in the Chicago print media and on Chicago radio.

Living in another market, I can safely say the the Chicago media is BRUTAL and it's about time someone talked down to them the way they talk down to other people.

The way some people are posting on here, Ozzie is the second coming of Bevington.

As far as his managing style goes, he's a human being. He makes mistakes too. If so many other people on here are so quick to point out his mistakes and tell us what YOU would've done let me ask you this:

Why hasn't KW called you up about the Sox managerial position? Why hasn't he been knocking down your door to hire YOU if you know so much and Ozzie doesn't?

I honestly don't remember any WSIers names being mentioned on the list of candidates when the Sox manager's job opened up.

My point is, there's a reason Ozzie is the manager......he knows and understands the game. and he's fit for the job. PERIOD.

Frontman
05-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I honestly don't remember any WSIers names being mentioned on the list of candidates when the Sox manager's job opened up.

Well, I did sent in my resume, but the Sox lawyers reminded me of my restraining order when it came to Jerry Reinsdorf.

Stupid 50 foot rule.

:wink:

Scottiehaswheels
05-20-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Words: GET OFF OZZIE's BACK ALREADY!!!

As a manager he has always been this way. He doesn't take people's **** and says what's on his mind.

He is the blessing that Sox fans have been looking for. With his personality, we won a WS for the first time in 88 years.

Apparently some Sox fans on here have forgotten that we've suffered through managers like the corpse and the mannequin. (Gene Lamont and Jerry Manuel respectively)

Which do you want? An emotional manager who obviously cares and wears his heart on his sleeve or one who acts like he doesn't even care ala Lamont and Manuel? YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

I personally enjoy a manager who speaks his mind and doesn't put up with the *******s in the Chicago print media and on Chicago radio.

Living in another market, I can safely say the the Chicago media is BRUTAL and it's about time someone talked down to them the way they talk down to other people.

The way some people are posting on here, Ozzie is the second coming of Bevington.

As far as his managing style goes, he's a human being. He makes mistakes too. If so many other people on here are so quick to point out his mistakes and tell us what YOU would've done let me ask you this:

Why hasn't KW called you up about the Sox managerial position? Why hasn't he been knocking down your door to hire YOU if you know so much and Ozzie doesn't?

My point is, there's a reason Ozzie is the manager......he knows and understands the game. and he's fit for the job. PERIOD.:gulp: I get the feeling that SoxandIllini is North... that or some other media jackass

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 12:38 PM
:gulp: I get the feeling that SoxandIllini is North... that or some other media jackass

in mike norths dreams he knows as much about baseball as i do, he's an assclown, but that doesn't preclude our manager from being the same. keep trying tho.

Thome25
05-20-2007, 12:43 PM
in mike norths dreams he knows as much about baseball as i do, he's an assclown, but that doesn't preclude our manager from being the same. keep trying tho.

McCarver is that you? Or is it Joe Morgan? Your arrogance about your percieved knowledge of the game of baseball knows no bounds.

Frontman
05-20-2007, 12:46 PM
When did Steve Stone start posting here?!?!?!? :gulp:

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 12:47 PM
McCarver is that you? Or is it Joe Morgan? Your arrogance about your percieved knowledge of the game of baseball knows no bounds.

thank you... have a great day. there is nothing percieved about it.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Still excitable, I see. The bragging is a nice touch as well.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Still excitable, I see. The bragging is a nice touch as well.
thought you might like it.... i do find it amusing that someone calls me mike north or some other media jackass, and i'm the one taken to task, it's all well and good. i'm not one that lives in the fantasy baseball world, but as i stated in a pm, to someone who was gracious enough to do so, even tho we disagreed, that's what makes the world go round, and i am very, very comfortable with my real world baseball exprerience and knowledge, and where that comes from.

champagne030
05-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Starting Hall wasn't a bad call. Hall was signed to hit against lefties becuase AJ hits lefties like a garbage can.

AJ hit .270 against lefties last season.

Hall was signed to give AJ a rest and use against tough lefties. The problem is Hall is damaged goods at this point and AJ didn't need a rest on Friday with all the off days we've had to this point.

PaulDrake
05-20-2007, 01:23 PM
It certainly was a rough week for the ol' Ozzeroo. As bad as many players are performing, Ozzie's performance is indepedent of those struggles. The mental decisions of a manager should be consistent and relatively easy to make in comparison to the players producing on the field, but Ozzie is independently doing his part to put a struggling team behind the 8-ball.

I had a cautiously optimistic feeling about the team heading into the Cubs series. Though we continued to struggle in many areas of the game, we went to Wrigley having won eight of 11.

Then I turned on the radio and heard Ozzie's embarrassing and unprofessional rant with Mike North. The phone call and subsequent explanations were troubling on several fronts.

- This first is obvious. Ozzie still can't control his mouth, even in the morning hours before game time.

- More troubling was the before/after of Ozzie's Score inappropriate public rant. It was revealed that the night before Ozzie watched he Bulls game at the home of Kenny Williams. The two had a discussion about dealing with the media after watching Sweet Lou's postgame Q&A after the Cubs' ninth-inning collapse in New York. That Ozzie couldn't control himself the very next morning is pathetic.

- Ozzie's post-rant explanation with Kenny Williams took the cake in the whole episode. According to Williams, Ozzie said that he was so upset at the time that he couldn't remember dropping the f-bombs on the Score. Couldn't remember? That's laughable. Way to step up and be a man, Ozzie. Just say you can't remember. It's the saddest of defenses.

- I heard that the players enjoyed Ozzie making a fool out of himself. That, combined with Joe Cowley's note earlier in the week asking if Ozzie has lost control of the clubhouse, suggests there might be a serious leadership problem with our manager.

The games against the Cubs so far have hardly been among Ozzie's finest moments. He continues to remove our starting pitchers too soon when they're pitching well. Removing Buehrle when he did was just the latest example. It was aggravated by the fact that Ozzie left him in the game just before that to hit with a man in scoring position. If he was going to have such a quick hook the next time the Cubs hit, then he should have pinch-hit for Buehrle.

To top it off, Ozzie pulled one of the worst moves I've ever seen by a Sox manager. To bring in our worst pitcher in Boone Logan to ultimately face the other team's best hitter in Derek Lee was Bush League Managing 101. I don't think I've even seen any manager bring in their worst pitcher to face the other team's best hitter in the late innings with the game still on the line. Beyond terrible. Ozzie's explanation afterward was that he didn't think Lee would bat. Why not? He took batting practice and there was plenty of talk Lee was on the verge of coming back. That a major league manager didn't think Lee could pinch hit defies logic.

The team is in trouble. Anybody who has been regularly watching the games knows it. Ozzie better wake up soon. I agree 100% with you.

kaufsox
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Seemed like a good forum to ask: but what would it take for you to fire Ozzie? Honestly how long of leash does he get? Personally, I think I'm in the minority, but Ozzie is still the manager for awhile. For me, if a manager is consistently winning, even if they aren't always making the playoffs, they get to keep the job. To get fired, I think two sub .500 seasons in a row, or one subpar season and a horrendous start to the next, merits a change in direction. Also if something truly embarassing/criminal/outrageous is done off the field. Currently, I don't think Ozzie has anything like that on his record. His mouth is pretty bad, but it has not approached Immus like ignorance and stupidity. And no, I don't think calling Marriotti a name is the same as what Immus did. Anyway, your thoughts, oh great WSI collective?

Frontman
05-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Seemed like a good forum to ask: but what would it take for you to fire Ozzie? Honestly how long of leash does he get? Personally, I think I'm in the minority, but Ozzie is still the manager for awhile. For me, if a manager is consistently winning, even if they aren't always making the playoffs, they get to keep the job. To get fired, I think two sub .500 seasons in a row, or one subpar season and a horrendous start to the next, merits a change in direction. Also if something truly embarassing/criminal/outrageous is done off the field. Currently, I don't think Ozzie has anything like that on his record. His mouth is pretty bad, but it has not approached Immus like ignorance and stupidity. And no, I don't think calling Marriotti a name is the same as what Immus did. Anyway, your thoughts, oh great WSI collective?

I don't think Ozzie is fired until a sub .500 season. We are in an incredibly competitive division, and we could win 95 games and still not finish in first place. That being said, I think Ozzie would have to lead the team into a sub .500 season and THEN do his blowup, then we'd lose him as the manager.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Do you ever make posts in cases other than times you are trying to say Ozzie should be fired and not defended?

You have no place as a fan with your feelings towards our World Series Champion manager.

This warning should go with any of your posts:

:whoflungpoo

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree 100% with you.
You're in the same group as SoxandIllini

You are worse than a dark cloud. Dark clouds are just pessimistic from seeing the team over several decades. You just try to find things to nit pick on and bash our World Champion manager.

By saying you agree 100% you are also making yourself out to be a total fool. Tell me why you don't start a man who was 7/9 lifetime against Lilly and hits lefties well. AJ can't hit a lefty to save his life yet you agree he should've started.

05-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Ozzie is the manager. Not any member of WSI. Maybe anyone questioning his decisions should send their resume to KW.

Am I wrong or didn't everyone love his decisions and style 2 years ago? Ozzie has not changed a single bit. The talent on the team has.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
unlike ozzie:gulp:
Let me guess, you want Ghandi back. He knows as little about baseball as you do.

nsdjoe
05-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Why did Ozzie pull Masset?! :angry:

CLR01
05-20-2007, 03:06 PM
Ozzie is the manager. Not any member of WSI. Maybe anyone questioning his decisions should send their resume to KW.

Am I wrong or didn't everyone love his decisions and style 2 years ago? Ozzie has not changed a single bit. The talent on the team has.

Maybe you shouldn't question the team's talent. :dunno:

If your going to, send off a letter to KW requesting a tryout. Until you get a job as a player, **** about their talent. :rolleyes:

What a stupid ass argument.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Why did Ozzie pull Masset?! :angry:Because he was tiring. Masset hasn't had an opportunity to get stretched out since he's been in the pen.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Let me guess, you want Ghandi back. He knows as little about baseball as you do.

if you only knew how moronic that statement was, but of course you don't since your I.Q is in the double digits.

Nordy
05-20-2007, 05:32 PM
As the Great Coach Ditka said " The past is for Losers" Get over 2005 it is over, so is 1985. Let it go!

Chicago has always put up with the dregs of society. Rodman, Belle, Sosa and that LB from the Dolfins. His name escapes me but we love them when they are on our team.

What is Ozzie looking for in the crowd? He is looking in the crowd at least every other time the camera is on him. Oh yeah he is a ladies man and a great lover

Give me a break.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 05:34 PM
wow wayne nordhagen... that's a blast from the past... ozzie looking in the crowd... nah, you're dreamin'....:?:... i believe cox is the lb you're lookin for, and yes he is a major tool.

PaulDrake
05-20-2007, 05:38 PM

You are worse than a dark cloud. Dark clouds are just pessimistic from seeing the team over several decades. You just try to find things to nit pick on and bash our World Champion manager.

By saying you agree 100% you are also making yourself out to be a total fool. Tell me why you don't start a man who was 7/9 lifetime against Lilly and hits lefties well. AJ can't hit a lefty to save his life yet you agree he should've started.

***** I agreed with BainesHOF in that particular post. I still do.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM

aj can't hit lefties to save his life?.... tell me more mr. baseball.

Nordy
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Cox that was the guy. We will put anything up to win.

Sports talk radio in Chicago is a waste of time. The same 10 idiots call in every day. I stopped listening years ago. I do miss Stan from Bellwood though.

The hosts are for the most part are like the know it all that we come in contact in our daily lives. We shrug them off as idiots but here in Chicago they get radio shows.

The only show worth listening to is the Ozney show on Sunday night. What a ploy to kiss up to the sox.

Sox Win- world series right around the corner :bandance:

ilsox7
05-20-2007, 05:48 PM

.248 isn't exactly tearing it up . . .

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
if you only knew how moronic that statement was, but of course you don't since your I.Q is in the double digits.

You really seem to want to tell us all of your extensive baseball knowledge. Please, do share. Former player? Scout? Historian?

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Cox that was the guy. We will put anything up to win.

Sports talk radio in Chicago is a waste of time. The same 10 idiots call in every day. I stopped listening years ago. I do miss Stan from Bellwood though.

The hosts are for the most part are like the know it all that we come in contact in our daily lives. We shrug them off as idiots but here in Chicago they get radio shows.

The only show worth listening to is the Ozney show on Sunday night. What a ploy to kiss up to the sox.

Sox Win- world series right around the corner :bandance:

i sure hope my sarcasm meter isn't broken as far as the ozney show is concerned, the apple can't fall far from the tree, although admittedly i have never listened, but i don't listen to any talk radio, they are truly all idiots.

ilsox7
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
You really seem to want to tell us all of your extensive baseball knowledge. Please, do share. Former player? Scout? Historian?

What happened to the other half of your waffle cone?

Taliesinrk
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM

gobears... while i think the poster above sounds like a complete prick, i have to agree here.. at least vs. neal cotts today..

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM
What happened to the other half of your waffle cone?

I threw it at a Cub fan.:redneck

The wife and I split it.

05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Maybe you shouldn't question the team's talent. :dunno:

If your going to, send off a letter to KW requesting a tryout. Until you get a job as a player, **** about their talent. :rolleyes:

What a stupid ass argument.

How is that a bad argument?:?:

Has Ozzie changed one bit of his management style? No! Is it up to the players to perform their jobs? Yes!

Pretty simple. Thanks.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
you all seem to up on all my posts, use the search, my credentials have been stated before. but like i have said before, my credentials, in and of themselves, don't make me a sage, see alot of ex athletes, like dj, he's a moron. i know the game, not only because of my "credentials" but because i know the game. now feel free to rip me, it matters not, you asked, and i answered. certainly great minds can differ, that's a given. like i have said before, if you really feel ozzie is a great manager, fine, i obviously disagree, but for all those who continually stick up for his antics, that just proves to me that they have zero objectivity, because he is an embarrassment, and has been on several occasions.

do you think it's a little juvenile to be petty enough to feel as if you need to pick up a phone on the way to a game to get into a expletive laced tirade, because some second rate asshat says someone should be playing? please answer honestly, because i truly don't believe that anyone who isn't blinded by ozzie kool aid can only answer that question one way.

Daver
05-20-2007, 06:00 PM
If you're such a genius, learn how to use the shift key.

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 06:01 PM
gobears... while i think the poster above sounds like a complete prick, i have to agree here.. at least vs. neal cotts today..

i love it, even when people agree with me i'm a prick.... i guess i'm like aj.:bandance:

SOXandILLINI
05-20-2007, 06:02 PM
i never use the shift key, with the exception of apostrophies..

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 06:03 PM
you all seem to up on all my posts, use the search, my credentials have been stated before. but like i have said before, my credentials, in and of themselves, don't make me a sage, see alot of ex athletes, like dj, he's a moron. i know the game, not only because of my "credentials" but because i know the game. now feel free to rip me, it matters not, you asked, and i answered. certainly great minds can differ, that's a given. like i have said before, if you really feel ozzie is a great manager, fine, i obviously disagree, but for all those who continually stick up for his antics, that just proves to me that they have zero objectivity, because he is an embarrassment, and has been on several occasions.

do you think it's a little juvenile to be petty enough to feel as if you need to pick up a phone on the way to a game to get into a expletive laced tirade, because some second rate asshat says someone should be playing? please answer honestly, because i truly don't believe that anyone who isn't blinded by ozzie kool aid can only answer that question one way.

a) I never said Ozzie was a great manager.

b) I must have missed the previous discussion of your "credentials".

c) Ozzie's performance on the radio the other day was idiotic.

Daver
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
i never use the shift key, with the exception of apostrophies..

TWANG............................................. ...............................................Thu mp.

Nordy
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
A great Sunday win today. Is it a coincedence that the usual Sunday line up was not in?

Everyone has there opinion and discussion here is not likely to move anyone to the other side. I give you guys credit for trying.

People defend Ozzie like he is their family member. He is a dirtbag who thinks he is above question. He is allowed to say anything with no repercussion. It reminds me how people defend criminals all of the time in the wake of overwelming evidence. He can do no wrong.

KW has to stop treating him like he is one of his kids.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 06:05 PM
TWANG............................................. ...............................................Thu mp.

Bold stances on proper English lead to bold actions.

:happybday

Daver
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Bold stances on proper English lead to bold actions.

He edited out the gfy, but not in time.

Nordy
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM

You are an idiot. Look in the mirror or ask a trusted friend. They will confirm what you already know, you are an idiot.:?:

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
You are an idiot. Look in the mirror or ask a trusted friend. They will confirm what you already know, you are an idiot.:?:

Taliesinrk
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
i love it, even when people agree with me i'm a prick.... i guess i'm like aj.:bandance:

no.. i seem to like aj.

you posts could be the most egotistical i have ever read here at WSI (by the way, that's like the 10 in this thread). I know you won't ever be cheated in the modesty department. Other posters have guessed at you being Mike North or other media personalities. I think, however, from reading your posts, that we must be in the presence of true greatness. My guess is someone along the lines of Connie Mack, Sparky Anderson, or perhaps even Joe Torre.

We're all very proud to have your baseball greatness and true insight and intellect here at WSI!!:bandance:

Nordy
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
no.. i seem to like aj.

you posts could be the most egotistical i have ever read here at WSI (by the way, that's like the 10 in this thread). I know you won't ever be cheated in the modesty department. Other posters have guessed at you being Mike North or other media personalities. I think, however, from reading your posts, that we must be in the presence of true greatness. My guess is someone along the lines of Connie Mack, Sparky Anderson, or perhaps even Joe Torre.

We're all very proud to have your baseball greatness and true insight and intellect here at WSI!!:bandance:

It seems that you post an opinion here and then wait for everyone that has a different opinion to attack you instead of sticking to the issues. These are tactics of weak minds. Argue the thought not the poster. I am tired of dealing with the children on this site. Grow up.

The Immigrant
05-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Look in the mirror or ask a trusted friend.

:DJ

Uh-oh!

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 06:24 PM
It seems that you post an opinion here and then wait for everyone that has a different opinion to attack you instead of sticking to the issues. These are tactics of weak minds. Argue the thought not the poster. I am tired of dealing with the children on this site. Grow up.

Should we take our heads out of the sand as well?

Taliesinrk
05-20-2007, 06:37 PM

haha.. *****. this entire thread is ridiculous. I check around here to keep up on my sox news and ongoings. I don't believe that in all my posts I have ever gone after another poster/person on this site. However, today I encountered the thing that really drives me crazy: arrogance. I felt compelled to comment on the situation due to the fact that my time was being wasted (in my aforementioned attempts to monitor sox news) by having to read the complete bull**** posted by a certain member here at WSI.

Similar to the garbage being spewed from the keys of SoxandIllini, your recent post inferring that I have a weak mind indicates serious arrogance in the fact that neither of you (albeit, I am making an assumption here) know the other posters you're responding to here. As SoxandIllini is out of line for telling another member that he has forgotten more baseball than the other member will ever know, you have no idea what sort of condition my mind is in.

So, if we can keep this in mind, I'll continue to discuss and argue the "thoughts"... until then don't call me a ****ing child unless you know me.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 07:42 PM
You have 8 freaking posts for G-d's sake.

This whole thread sucks. It needs to be roadhoused.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 07:43 PM
:DJ

Uh-oh!

:hawk

*clear's throat*

Daver
05-20-2007, 07:48 PM
You have 8 freaking posts for G-d's sake.

This whole thread sucks. It needs to be roadhoused.

You are not your post count.

CLR01
05-20-2007, 07:57 PM
How is that a bad argument?:?:

Has Ozzie changed one bit of his management style? No! Is it up to the players to perform their jobs? Yes!

Pretty simple. Thanks.

What worked last year may not work this year. A manager who fails to realize that and adjust his style to fit the players he has will eventually be shown the door.

But I was talking about the stupid strawman argument that you can't question Ozzie unless you have held the job of MLB manager or the fax your resume in if you are so smart.

Merry Christmas

I hate Zebras.

itsnotrequired
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
What worked last year may not work this year. A manager who fails to realize that and adjust his style to fit the players he has will eventually be shown the door.

But I was talking about the stupid strawman argument that you can't question Ozzie unless you have held the job of MLB manager or the fax your resume in if you are so smart.

Merry Christmas

PeteWard
05-20-2007, 09:53 PM
He edited out the gfy, but not in time.

He can't spell "apostrophe" either.

PeteWard
05-20-2007, 10:11 PM
....from the Chicago media of all places. I like Konerko's comments.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/deluca/394055,CST-SPT-chris20.article

Frontman
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM

I actually think its great that someone actually, you know, talked to the players to see if Ozzie has lost them. Sounds at least from Paulie's comments, as well as KW's, Ozzie hasn't lost control of this team.

I also dug KW's "Trust me, I know" part of it. It was pretty obvious Kenny wasn't too thrilled with North's comments at the end of last season.

gobears1987
05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I actually think its great that someone actually, you know, talked to the players to see if Ozzie has lost them. Sounds at least from Paulie's comments, as well as KW's, Ozzie hasn't lost control of this team.

I also dug KW's "Trust me, I know" part of it. It was pretty obvious Kenny wasn't too thrilled with North's comments at the end of last season.
I'm sure a big part of Kenny is glad that Ozzie let loose one North. He wishes he himself could do it.

FarWestChicago
05-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I love this. Here is something all you pants pissing, gutless, politically correct losers around here could learn something from:''When you talk about the baseball schedule, day in and day out, I would rather have what Ozzie is because it can become so monotonous,'' Konerko said. ''With him, I'll tell you what, he never dwells on what happened the day before. And that's probably the easiest to do in this game. He comes in every day -- even if it was a heartbreaking game like [Friday] -- and he's just like bouncing off the wall. And it's not an act.Get over yourselves. I'm going with GIDPK here. :cool:

Brian26
05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Here is something all you pants pissing, gutless, politically correct losers around here could learn something from:Get over yourselves. I'm going with GIDPK here. :cool:

I believe the correct spelling would be loosers. :D:
But, I'm with you and GIDPK.

FarWestChicago
05-20-2007, 11:06 PM
I believe the correct spelling would be loosers. :D:
You got me there. :D:

IlliniSox4Life
05-21-2007, 03:21 AM
I love this. Here is something all you pants pissing, gutless, politically correct losers around here could learn something from:Get over yourselves. I'm going with GIDPK here. :cool:

I'm with you.

If Ozzie had lost the players, you would be seeing a much different team on the field.

Heck, if you look at how hard AJ tries every at bat, and how much emotion he puts into it, there's no way that guy doesn't care about his team and winning. I swear every time he gets out he slams the bat on the ground harder and harder.

05-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Merry Christmas

Happy New Years. Is the Ted Ginn Jr. thing still bothering you?:redneck

SBSoxFan
05-21-2007, 01:02 PM

I liked this:

... of the over-hyped Cubs series.