PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi

LITTLE NELL
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
We won a world championship and 189 games in the last 2 seasons with Iguchi batting second. Isnt it time to put him back in the 2 spot, and put Urlbe back he belongs.

NDSox12
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
We won a world championship and 189 games in the last 2 seasons with Iguchi batting second. Isnt it time to put him back in the 2 spot, and put Urlbe back he belongs.

Well, until today, Iguchi was about as cold as you can get. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at #2 tomorrow since he had a very nice game today.

SOXandILLINI
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
absolutely, it's where he belongs.

sox1970
05-19-2007, 06:35 PM

Hell yeah it is!!

When Thome gets back, I want this every day:

1. Erstad
2. Iguchi
3. Thome
4. Konerko
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Crede
8. Mackowiak
9. Uribe

oeo
05-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, until today, Iguchi was about as cold as you can get. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at #2 tomorrow since he had a very nice game today.

This is incorrect, he's been swinging a good bat for the last four or five games.

Anyways...hopefully when Thome comes back this week, we can move him back to the 2-hole.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Hell yeah it is!!

When Thome gets back, I want this everyday:

1. Erstad
2. Iguchi
3. Thome
4. Konerko
5. Dye
6. Pierzynski
7. Crede
8. Mackowiak
9. Uribe

I like this better:

3. Thome
4. Dye
5. Konerko

LongLiveFisk
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Truthfully I don't really think it would hurt at this point. It's not as if the current lineup is impressing anyone. Let's just hope when Thome comes back it lights a fire under the offense. :praying:

oeo
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Truthfully I don't really think it would hurt at this point. It's not as if the current lineup is impressing anyone. Let's just hope when Thome comes back it lights a fire under the offense. :praying:

The offense was pretty damn good today. Too bad the Flubs used the wind to their advantage for 5 runs.

LongLiveFisk
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
The offense was pretty damn good today. Too bad the Flubs used the wind to their advantage for 5 runs.

Yeah, they had it going today but my God, they have to find a way to keep it going for more than a day or two. By the way, for any of you who are into stats, was there ever a time this "deep" into the season when the Sox had a lower team BA?

And look here, 4,000 posts for me. Alright! :) :gulp:

ondafarm
05-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I think Iguchi's being cold and him not batting second are related. Iguchi, like most Japanese hitters I know, looks fastball first and adjusts to everything else. Batting #2 that is typically a very workable strategy; elsewhere, not so good.

Frontman
05-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Iguchi was locked in today. Dye has been doing fine the past few days (sans his double play today and his lackluster of hustle in the outfield.)

Konerko seems to be treding water, waiting for Thome to return.

For me, the lineup I want is

Erstad
Iguchi
Thome
Dye
Konerko (flip flop Dye/Konerko if need be)
AJ
Crede
Mackowiak/Sweeny (whoever fits the pitching matchup better)
Uribe

Upon Pods return, I want him in the 7/8 slot, depending on how Crede is doing at the time. The experiment of 3 lefties in a row to start absolutely stunk early this season. Erstad in my opinion, while he hasn't been an outstanding lead off hitter, has at least been trying to spark this Sox offense.

oeo
05-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Iguchi was locked in today. Dye has been doing fine the past few days (sans his double play today and his lackluster of hustle in the outfield.)

I don't think that's lack of hustle, but instead, his age starting to show. He's definitely lost a step or two out there. And it hasn't just been this series, it's been all year; he's not getting to balls that he would have gotten to even two years ago.

JB98
05-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't think that's lack of hustle, but instead, his age starting to show. He's definitely lost a step or two out there. And it hasn't just been this series, it's been all year; he's not getting to balls that he would have gotten to even two years ago.

I noticed it last year. It's even more noticeable this year. JD's defensive skills are in decline.

oeo
05-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I noticed it last year. It's even more noticeable this year. JD's defensive skills are in decline.

The worst part about it is, the Cubs just keep swinging their magic wands right down the right field line, and JD can't get to it fast enough.

BoysMom3
05-19-2007, 11:42 PM
And look here, 4,000 posts for me. Alright! :) :gulp:

High five - congrats!

Nellie_Fox
05-20-2007, 01:02 AM
And look here, 4,000 posts for me. Alright! :) :gulp:Remember, "you are not your post count."