PDA

View Full Version : opening day starter


mike squires
03-28-2002, 09:04 PM
i think this may be old news, but who is starting on opening day at comiskey? michael penny

cheeses_h_rice
03-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
i think this may be old news, but who is starting on opening day at comiskey? michael penny

No, I don't think it's Michael Penny.

Just kidding.

Ritchie, perhaps?

CerberusWG
03-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Since the 9th is Rauch...It would be the 3rd starter, Wright or Garland.

doublem23
03-28-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Since the 9th is Rauch...It would be the 3rd starter, Wright or Garland.

What??? I thought Buehrle was in.

Rauch is only on the 9th cuz the Sox have so many days off in the first week or so...

Jjav829
03-28-2002, 10:58 PM
It's Buehrle. The Sox will go with a 4 man rotation the first time around. So it will be four then 5, which totals to 9 which is how many games the Sox start with on the road. When they get back home the top of the rotation will come back around So Buehrle will start the home opener.

foulkesfan11
03-29-2002, 08:09 AM
NOt sure of starting, but I bet Manuel will put Osuna in during Game 1 & he will still be as awful as he was last year.

pearso66
03-29-2002, 09:38 AM
im not sure who will pitch opening day, but it does look to be buehrle, the first couple of games will be
buehrle
ritchie
garland
wright
buehrle
ritchie
garland
-rauch
wright
buehrle

and that last buehrle would be opening day

Pete_SSAC
03-29-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
NOt sure of starting, but I bet Manuel will put Osuna in during Game 1 & he will still be as awful as he was last year.

I bet he won't be. But that's just me.

- Pete