PDA

View Full Version : Hank Blalock to have rib removed

eastchicagosoxfan
05-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Hank Blalock will have a rib removed, and will be out three months. The Rangers are 10 games under, and one of the worst teams in MLB, right there with the Nats, Royals, and Reds. They were expected to compete this year. I wonder if they will look to move a bat for some pitching or prospects? Would, or should the Sox be interested?
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rangers-blalock&prov=ap&type=lgns

JohnTucker0814
05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Hank Blalock will have a rib removed, and will be out three months. The Rangers are 10 games under, and one of the worst teams in MLB, right there with the Nats, Royals, and Reds. They were expected to compete this year. I wonder if they will look to move a bat for some pitching or prospects? Would, or should the Sox be interested?
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-rangers-blalock&prov=ap&type=lgns

Micheal Young or Ian Kinsler seem to be the only two that could help us... but would I trade Gio and two other top prospects to get 1 of those guys. NO. I don't think either of them would give us as big of a lift over Uribe and Iguchi to give up a few of our top prospects.

We have the talent on this team to win, let's just sit here and let them work through things. I'm as frustrated as much as everyone, but we can win with these players. Unfortunately most of them are starting off as bad as they ever had. Chances are they are going to turn it around, if they don't turn it around, then we don't win. We've only won 1 time in that past 90 years, so we can handle it as fans.

Frater Perdurabo
05-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Micheal Young or Ian Kinsler seem to be the only two that could help us... but would I trade Gio and two other top prospects to get 1 of those guys. NO. I don't think either of them would give us as big of a lift over Uribe and Iguchi to give up a few of our top prospects.

The Rangers aren't trading Young or Kinsler anyway.

Based on what I've read and heard in the Dallas media, they might trade Teixiera for the right offer. He's a good enough athlete to play a corner OF spot, and played 3B at Georgia Tech.

eastchicagosoxfan
05-19-2007, 12:20 PM

We have the talent on this team to win, let's just sit here and let them work through things. I'm as frustrated as much as everyone, but we can win with these players. Unfortunately most of them are starting off as bad as they ever had. Chances are they are going to turn it around, if they don't turn it around, then we don't win. We've only won 1 time in that past 90 years, so we can handle it as fans.
I generally agree with you. I'm not advocating a trade, I'm just curious to see what opinions there are on trade possibilities between the Sox and Rangers. One thought did cross my mind in regards to the 2007 version of the Sox: Will a healthy Scott Podsednik be the same catalyst Julio Cruz was for the 1983 team?

Jerksticks
05-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Marylin Manson had a rib removed

Frater Perdurabo
05-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Ordinarily I'd be surprised if a team the Sox just fleeced (McCarthy for Danks, Masset and Rasner) would be willing to trade with the Sox again so soon.

Then again, they are the Rangers and they've never won a pitching trade.

Broadway and McCullough for Teixeira.

Oblong
05-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Kenny Rogers had this done too. It's also related to what caused him to miss the first half of this year.

WhiteSox5187
05-20-2007, 01:28 AM
I generally agree with you. I'm not advocating a trade, I'm just curious to see what opinions there are on trade possibilities between the Sox and Rangers. One thought did cross my mind in regards to the 2007 version of the Sox: Will a healthy Scott Podsednik be the same catalyst Julio Cruz was for the 1983 team?
If Scott can come back 100% healthy, then yes...Sosa, anyone?

FedEx227
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Then again, they are the Rangers and they've never won a pitching trade.

Broadway and McCullough for Teixeira.

And where exactly are we playing Teixeira? DH 2?

Flight #24
05-20-2007, 12:07 PM
And where exactly are we playing Teixeira? DH 2?

Hasn't he played a bit of OK? Could he be serviceable out there? I assume the defensive hit would be too much to take, but if he's athletic enough to make it work, that could be a major upgrade. Then after Thome leaves, he slots into 1B with Paulie moving to DH.

RKMeibalane
05-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Hasn't he played a bit of OK? Could he be serviceable out there? I assume the defensive hit would be too much to take, but if he's athletic enough to make it work, that could be a major upgrade. Then after Thome leaves, he slots into 1B with Paulie moving to DH.

There was talk about putting him in LF before Adrian Gonzalez was dealt to San Diego. There have been a number of big names mentioned in possible deals later this season. A rumor about Miguel Cabrerra being traded to Dodgers surfaced last week, and was brought up again during the Fox telecast yesterday. It wasn't stated whom the Dodgers would move to accquire him, but it would probably involve some combination of Kemp/Ethier/Betimet.

Frater Perdurabo
05-20-2007, 02:40 PM
And where exactly are we playing Teixeira?

A switch-hitter who hits for power and decent average? You find a spot for him to play.

Teixeira has played a little right field, actually. He's athletic enough to play either corner spot. He also could play third base.

FedEx227
05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
A switch-hitter who hits for power and decent average? You find a spot for him to play.

I agree no doubt, but you have to think about it from a GM's perspective.

DoItForDanPasqua
05-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I wonder if they'll let him keep it.

HomeFish
05-22-2007, 02:50 AM
I wonder if they'll let him keep it.

A while back, some MLB player had bone spurs removed and sold them on eBay for charity.

If the precedent got followed here, it would make for an interesting gift for the special Rangers fan in your life...

Saracen
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Teixeira is a prima donna, clubhouse whiner, and his agent is Scott Boras. He's a cancer. Yeah, let's find a spot for him. :?:

FedEx227
05-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Teixeira is a prima donna, clubhouse whiner, and his agent is Scott Boras. He's a cancer. Yeah, let's find a spot for him. :?:

Where's this evidence that hes a prima donna and a clubhouse cancer? I've never seen a thing about him.

Is he as bad as that moron AJ Pierzynski? I heard him and Brett Tomko did not get along, I'd hate to have him on my team.