PDA

View Full Version : Funny John Kass Column

gobears1987
05-18-2007, 01:35 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass17may17,1,795799.column?page=2&coll=chi-news-col

I looked up video of the play and to my disbelief, there was Kass. I didn't even realize it was him.

WhiteSox5187
05-18-2007, 03:13 AM
Sounds like Kaplan is in for a long weekend.

oeo
05-18-2007, 03:51 AM
We'll whip you. We have our best pitchers going for this series.Their best pitchers consist of a guy that was mediocre against AL competition, a guy we put up 13 runs against in 5 innings last year, and their ace who has struggled this year and we never really have much trouble with anyway.

Bring it.

DrCrawdad
05-18-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass17may17,1,795799.column?page=2&coll=chi-news-col

I looked up video of the play and to my disbelief, there was Kass. I didn't even realize it was him.

Ah, pity. How does it feel Cubbie fans to be pitied by Sox fans?

Uncle_Patrick
05-18-2007, 09:53 AM
I heard Kaplan on WGN yesterday (well after the Cubs game was over). I think he was ready to throw a chair through a window. He wanted Ramirez benched today for a long single he hit yesterday which could have been a double had Ramirez not stood at the plate and admired what he apparently believed would be a home run. Funny stuff.

As said earlier, I think it's going to be a long weekend for Dave.

SBSoxFan
05-18-2007, 10:34 AM
There were others reaching for it too, older guys, including a man in a gray shirt who was more fiendishly aggressive, yet remained anonymous, but who should have shared the burden.

I like John Kass, but it's unconscionable that anyone could possibly still suggest that a fan, any fan, was somehow culpable in the outcome of that game. Anyone whoever comments on that game in any fashion should rip the individual players, fans, and Cubs management for their handling of the situation and their subsequent reaction.

ThatGuyOnTheL
05-18-2007, 12:39 PM
I like John Kass, but it's unconscionable that anyone could possibly still suggest that a fan, any fan, was somehow culpable in the outcome of that game. Anyone whoever comments on that game in any fashion should rip the individual players, fans, and Cubs management for their handling of the situation and their subsequent reaction.

Bingo. Blaming goats and the weather is annoying but harmless. Blaming innocent fans, even those who probably should have kept their hands to themselves, is just nasty behavior.

GoSox2K3
05-18-2007, 12:44 PM

I agree. I remember in '03 thinking Kass was out of line going after Bartman like that.

Fenway
05-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I agree. I remember in '03 thinking Kass was out of line going after Bartman like that.

Was it Kass that outed Bartman's name?

SOXPHILE
05-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Was it Kass that outed Bartman's name?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was the Sun Times, or NBC. I remember Eddie "The Windsock" Munster writing some nasty stuff abou the guy, and pseudo-intellectual Rick Tellander chiming in too with some pretty vile stuff, about how he needed to be hunted down by Cub fans, etc.

Uncle_Patrick
05-18-2007, 12:51 PM
It was the Sun-Times that outed Bartman.

Dick Allen
05-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Kaplan is a dufus and a typical WGN house man/loser/pseudo-journalist. He should stick to HS basketball.

gobears1987
05-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Later on in the article, Kass points out Bartman should share no blame. He puts the blame on a poor throw from Sammy, the Gonzalez error, and Prior.

TommyJohn
05-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Is it me or does it seem like the guys blaming Bartman for what happened
are all sports journalists? Not only that, but they are just unbelievable
jagoffs about it. Mariotti, Couch, Telander, Lester Munson, Phil Arvia
and now Kaplan have all said some nasty vile things about the guy. What
gives?

I tell ya, sometimes I think about my Cub fan friends and express the hope
that they could one day experience the feeling that I had in October of
2005. Then I think of vile scum like the aforementioned scum and feel glad
that the Cubs lost and hope that the scum continue to suffer. So I'm torn.