PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Farnsworth rips Clemens on WSCR

Fenway
05-17-2007, 10:40 AM
WFAN and WEEI are both playing Mike North's interview with Kyle Farnsworth this morning

He said

"It might cause some friction (Roger leaving the team in between starts). Granted its his 24th year, so he has earned it. But I think if your part of the team, you should be there always."

"You win as a team, you lose as a team. The other guys (Ruth, Mantle, Gerhig) were all a part of the team and had to be there."

twentywontowin
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
*golf clap* for Kyle. Nail on the head.

MUsoxfan
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
I think if it came to a throwdown, Farnsworth would win in 1st Rd knockout:cool:

spiffie
05-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Right now the guys at P-Boink are bouncing up and down with glee at this news.

MetroPD
05-17-2007, 11:24 AM
In the meantime, Roger's thinking to himself, "Who's Kyle Farnworth?" And then he goes back to more important things like filling out a grocery list.

rdwj
05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm not he biggest Clemens fan, but he did retire and was enticed when he was offered the part time deal. I don't get why so many fans have a problem with that. I mean, if there ever was a 25 men - 25 limos team, it's the Yankees. Who gives a crap what his deal is?

tstrike2000
05-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm not he biggest Clemens fan, but he did retire and was enticed when he was offered the part time deal. I don't get why so many fans have a problem with that. I mean, if there ever was a 25 men - 25 limos team, it's the Yankees.

That's true, when you have ego's like that, it comes with the territory. IMO I think if players are on a team, no special treatment should be given. Like not travelling with the team in between starts and that sort of thing. On the other hand, it is becoming more common place as players like ARod fly in his private jet and stays in his own personal suit away from the players. And if the team allows players Like Clemens and ARod to do that, then they may as well take advantage of it. Goes with the term "Superstar Treatment."

soxfan13
05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
That's true, when you have ego's like that, it comes with the territory. IMO I think if players are on a team, no special treatment should be given. Like not travelling with the team in between starts and that sort of thing. On the other hand, it is becoming more common place as players like ARod fly in his private jet and stays in his own personal suit away from the players. And if the team allows players Like Clemens and ARod to do that, then they may as well take advantage of it. Goes with the term "Superstar Treatment."

The personal suites are pretty much given to most veteran players now-a-days. As for the clause Clemens has, its the same clause he had in Houston and from what I read he didnt ask for it from the Yankees, they threw it in and when he was with Houston he traveled with the team most of the time, even if he wasnt scheduled to pitch.

eriqjaffe
05-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not he biggest Clemens fan, but he did retire and was enticed when he was offered the part time deal.You make it sound like he worked for Allstate for 40 years and then took a part-time job bagging groceries at Jewel to fill up his days.