PDA

View Full Version : Sox Split 5/16 - Not the raffle

HotelWhiteSox
05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I guess all the WSI old timers are in bed

I'd still like to see us take this series, mainly since we might be giving one away Sunday, since we had to make the game up today to not make any media members or people related with the Cubs suspicious :?:, but anyways, my worry before the series was a guy like DeSalvo shutting us down, but it looks possible with the combination of our offense and the Sox against these young guys they haven't seen before. Hopefully they wake up or Garland holds it down.

itsnotrequired
05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
My afternoon was better than my evening.

Sig update time...

Jerry_Manuel
05-17-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm an old timer here at WSI, but not old in age does that count for anything. As one can tell I am not in bed either. Well, perhaps by the time this is being read, I will be.

Anyway, tough game 2 but at least they split.

PeteWard
05-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Too bad AJ had to catch that long horrid ninth. Hoped he'd be better rested for the day game tmrw.

Anyway, some big big at bats botched by JD and Pk. I say rest Pk tomorrow or DH him.

I expect the big break out this weekend.:wink:

CLR01
05-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Sig update time...

Numbers like those are going to get you kicked out of Club Erstad.

WhiteSox1983
05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh well, a split against the yanks is not bad. as long as the sox win the rubber match.

whitesoxfan
05-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Oh well, a split against the yanks is not bad. as long as the sox win the rubber match.

Yeah, as long as we win tomorrow, I don't mind the split today. It's hard to win both games of a DH. I know it's late, but I can't remember the last time we swept a DH.

WhiteSox5187
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Jose looked good, he should have gotten out of the fourth without any runs but Erstad misplayed the ball and that cost 'em. Also going into the ninth this was a close ball game. I think the team was simply gassed from this afternoon. Go out there and get them tommorrow.

BanditJimmy
05-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Dye and PK must lead all of baseball in runners stranded.

Tonighg was another game which was so winnable with only a little bit of offenseive execution.

I guess we just tip our hat to Wang and go for the series win tomorrow.

JB98
05-17-2007, 03:17 AM
I picked the wrong half of the doubleheader to go to. Long night, rough game. We made some mistakes on defense in the third inning and didn't help Jose out. We had some opportunities on offense, first-and-second with no outs twice, and only got one run out of it. The middle of the order was at the plate too. They just didn't get it done. And Sisco was horrible in the ninth. Predictably, a split DH. Most DHs are splits. Let's get the rubber match tomorrow.

Jurr
05-17-2007, 08:13 AM
A guy that throws a heavy sinker on a cold night is going to dominate, especially when the middle of your lineup is trying to drive everything deep.

Go get 'em tomorrow. Or today.

Madvora
05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Dye and PK must lead all of baseball in runners stranded.
No kidding. It's to the point where I just expect them to fail now. This is terrible. Two guys like that back to back should be unstoppable, like last year.

palehozenychicty
05-17-2007, 10:01 AM
No kidding. It's to the point where I just expect them to fail now. This is terrible. Two guys like that back to back should be unstoppable, like last year.

Their at-bats were atrocious. Especially Mac's hacking. Bad baserunning by Ozuna, misplays by Erstad.....Charge it. :(:

Mickster
05-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I picked the wrong half of the doubleheader to go to. Long night, rough game. We made some mistakes on defense in the third inning and didn't help Jose out. We had some opportunities on offense, first-and-second with no outs twice, and only got one run out of it. The middle of the order was at the plate too. They just didn't get it done. And Sisco was horrible in the ninth. Predictably, a split DH. Most DHs are splits. Let's get the rubber match tomorrow.

I blame Uribe in that inning. Uribe let Jeter on with the error which would have been 2 outs and nobody on. Erstad slipped on the grass for his initial jump and that appears why he missed the ball. He got the ball into Uribe quickly who promtly double-pumped and did not even attempt to throw home to get a lumbering Giambi for the 3rd out. Giambi would have been out by a mile. Two very key blunders by Uribe that inning, imho.

Paulwny
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Having the lead off hitters get on base twice and not scoring is a sin. One or two more hits in either inning sends Wang to the showers and the out come of the game may have been different.
Lead off walks by Contreras didn't help the cause.
I wish Hawk would stop complaining about the strike zone.