PDA

View Full Version : Marist Clinches ESCC Baseball Championship

Viva Medias B's
05-16-2007, 10:05 PM
By virtue of its 2-1 win over Marian Catholic this afternoon, the Marist RedHawks (27-5, 16-2 ESCC) have clinched the baseball championship of the East Suburban Catholic Conference. The RedHawks had not been favored to win the ESCC in baseball, IIRC, but Coach Joel Jonas' bunch toppled Benet and the rest of the conference to claim the championship.

Before IHSA play next week, Marist finishes off the regular season this coming Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. by hosting archrival Brother Rice at Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood.

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!

getonbckthr
05-16-2007, 10:28 PM
By virtue of its 2-1 win over Marian Catholic this afternoon, the Marist RedHawks (27-5, 16-2 ESCC) have clinched the baseball championship of the East Suburban Catholic Conference. The RedHawks had not been favored to win the ESCC in baseball, IIRC, but Coach Joel Jonas' bunch toppled Benet and the rest of the conference to claim the championship.

Before IHSA play next week, Marist finishes off the regular season this coming Sunday night at 7:00 p.m. by hosting archrival Brother Rice at Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood.

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!
Out of curiosity how are my Dons of Notre Dame doing?

ILuvThatDuck
05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Marist has a SOLID team. I have seen many Southland High School teams play (including my St. Rita Mustangs vs. LWE today) and Marist is definitely one of the better teams this year.
If Marist can win their sectional (which is brutal with Br. Rice, TF South, Oak Forest, Richards, Sandburg and Stagg amongst the top teams) look for them to make some noise.

Viva Medias B's
05-16-2007, 11:33 PM

As of 5/13, the Dons are 15-14 overall and 8-9 in the ESCC.

CHISOXFAN13
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM

M-A-R-I-S-T GO REDHAWKS!

Congrats to the RedHawks. They are a fantastic team that really excels with the "little things."

Marist won yesterday's game by virtue of a sixth inning suicide squeeze.

Im gonna check out Sunday night's game, and I'm looking VERY forward to the start of the Class AA state tourney next week.

As mentioned earlier, the sectional Marist is in is one of the best in the state.

I'd look for St. Rita and Mt. Carmel to also advance from their own sectionals to meet in the supersectional at Hawkinson.

soxfan13
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Marist has a SOLID team. I have seen many Southland High School teams play (including my St. Rita Mustangs vs. LWE today) and Marist is definitely one of the better teams this year.
If Marist can win their sectional (which is brutal with Br. Rice, TF South, Oak Forest, Richards, Sandburg and Stagg amongst the top teams) look for them to make some noise.

Why? Are they going to bring noisemakers to the games?:tongue:

upperdeckusc
05-17-2007, 02:21 PM

did you graduate from ND?? what year? i graduated in '02 and played baseball there all 4 yrs. of course, when i graduate, the next yr in '03 they win state. happy, yet mad:D: :angry: