PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Rain Delay Theater

getonbckthr
05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Cubs/Mets in a rain delay so would think they would have some alternate programming on. They have the Sox/NYY game from this afternoon, hysterical but stupid at the same time.

Frontman
05-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, they need to keep it "fair and balanced." We had the Cubs/Mets game for last night's rainout.

:D:

gosiu
05-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I suppose they could have shown "Softball Weekly".

chaerulez
05-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Cubs/Mets in a rain delay so would think they would have some alternate programming on. They have the Sox/NYY game from this afternoon, hysterical but stupid at the same time.

Am I the only one here that thinks it was a pretty logical choice for the rain delay?

gobears1987
05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Am I the only one here that thinks it was a pretty logical choice for the rain delay?It was perfectly logical and was probably enjoyed by those who were unable to see the earlier game.

waldo_the_wolf
05-17-2007, 01:32 AM
It was perfectly logical and was probably enjoyed by those who were unable to see the earlier game.

Exactly, it's no different from when they replay an afternoon game at 7 that same night or replay a night game the following afternoon.

Law11
05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
It could have been worse. They could have replayed Sox talk with those two goofs..

MP#3
05-17-2007, 09:16 AM
On ESPN the Tigers/Red Sox game was on rain delay and they were broadcasting the Orioles/Blue Jays game for me, but I was talking with one of my brothers who's in Texas and he was getting the Twins/Indians game. Why wouldn't they broadcast a Division series here in Chicago?

Chez
05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Whatever happened to the days when "rain delay theater" meant you got to see highlights from the 1969 World Series or the 1971 All-Star game? Much better than watching reruns of Becker.

TomBradley72
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Am I the only one here that thinks it was a pretty logical choice for the rain delay?

It's completely illogical. Cubs fans have no interest in watching a White Sox replay. White Sox fans have no interest in watchinga Cubs replay.

cbrownson13
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
It's completely illogical. Cubs fans have no interest in watching a White Sox replay. White Sox fans have no interest in watchinga Cubs replay.

According to who?

I'm a White Sox fan and I would probably watch at least some of the replay. Assuming I hadn't seen the live broadcast. If it's not the White Sox being shown, baseball is baseball and I will probably watch regardless of who it is just because I enjoy watching the game.

I would rather watch a baseball game than have a rerun of This Week In Baseball or some crap show like that.

soxfan13
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Whatever happened to the days when "rain delay theater" meant you got to see highlights from the 1969 World Series or the 1971 All-Star game? Much better than watching reruns of Becker.

Exactly we were talking here at work about the great things they use to show during rain delays. Last night I had to settle for Becker:redneck

soltrain21
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I suppose they could have shown "Softball Weekly".

Ha. I love when they put on a "show" for current MLB players, and the MLB guys act like they are so amazed by what these weekend warriors are "capable" of doing.

TomBradley72
05-17-2007, 07:04 PM
According to who?

I'm a White Sox fan and I would probably watch at least some of the replay. Assuming I hadn't seen the live broadcast. If it's not the White Sox being shown, baseball is baseball and I will probably watch regardless of who it is just because I enjoy watching the game.

I would rather watch a baseball game than have a rerun of This Week In Baseball or some crap show like that.

I think it's relatively rare to find a White Sox fan who would want to watch a Cubs game....especially a replay of a Cubs game.