PDA

View Full Version : 5/16 Games

whitesoxfan
05-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Charlotte-Columbus 6:05

Mississippi-Birmingham is in the 3rd with the Barons leading 4-3
Whisler: 2 IP, 4 hits, 3 ERs, 0 BBs, 3 Ks, 1 HR allowed.
Getz: 1 for 1, 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 RBI, 2 runs.
Bourgeois, West, and Aldridge have the other RBIs.

Salem-Winston-Salem is in the 3rd with the 'Hogs leading 2-1
Richard: 2 IP, 2 hits, 1 run (0 earned), 1 BB, 1 K.
Cook: 1 for 1, 1 2B, 2 RBIs.
Schnurstein: 1 for 1, 1 2B, 1 run.

Lexington-Kanny 6:05

whitesoxfan
05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Birmingham beat Mississippi 6-4
Whisler (W, 2-4): 6 IP, 7 hits, 4 ERs, 1 BB, 5 Ks, 1 HR allowed.
Day: 1 IP, 0 hits, 0 ERs, 1 BB, 3 Ks.
Hernandez: 1 IP, 2 hits, 0 ERs, 0 BBs, 2 Ks.
O. Perez (S, 3): 1 IP, 1 hit, 0 ERs, 1 BB, 1 K.
Getz: 2 for 4, 2 2Bs, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 runs.
Lucy: 2 for 4, 1 2B, 2 runs.
West: 1 for 4, 2 RBIs, 1 K.
Bourgeois: 1 for 4, 2 RBIs, 1 run, 1 K.
Collaro, Aldridge, Nanita, and Valido singled. Nanita also stole a base.

Winston-Salem lost to Salem 8-5
Richard: 6 IP, 9 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 3 BBs, 3 Ks.
Bakker (L, 0-1): 1 IP, 3 hits, 2 ERs, 2 BBs, 0 Ks.
Rice: 1.2 IP, 1 hit, 2 ERs, 4 BBs, 2 Ks, 1 HR allowed.
Chirino: 0.1 IP, 0 hits, 0 ERs, 0 BBs, 0 Ks.
Cook: 1 for 2, 1 2B, 2 RBIs, 3 BBs, 1 run.
Ricks: 2 for 3, 1 2B, 2 RBIs, 1 BB, 1 K.
Schnurstein: 2 for 5, 1 2B, 1 run, 2 Ks.
Cunningham: 1 for 5, 1 run, 1 K, SB (12th on the season).
Mercedes, Orlando, and Johnson also singled. Allen and Orlando stole bases.

CLR01
05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
So far:

Hall- 0-2 2 groundouts
Thome- 0-1 groundout and a walk
The worst person in the world- 0-2 a line out and fly out both to cf

Knights down 4-2 going into the 5th.

CLR01
05-16-2007, 08:27 PM
So far:

Hall- 0-2 2 groundouts
Thome- 0-1 groundout and a walk
The worst person in the world- 0-2 a line out and fly out both to cf

Knights down 4-2 going into the 5th.

Hall- 0-4 2 groundouts, a pop out to SS, and a fly out
Thome- 1-2 3 RBI double, groundout and a walk
Satan- 0-4 a line out and fly out both to cf, a groundout and a SO. The haters should be ecstatic.

Knights lead 7-4 in the 8th.

ondafarm
05-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Any count on the number of kittens killed or children's ice creams stolen?

whitesoxfan
05-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Charlotte beat Columbus 7-5
Broadway (W, 2-1): 5.2 IP, 6 hits, 4 runs (3 earned), 3 BBs, 1 K, 1 HR allowed.
Vasquez: 1.1 IP, 0 hits, 0 ERs, 1 BB, 0 Ks.
Prinz: 0.2 IP, 1 hit, 1 ER, 2 BBs, 0 Ks.
Bukvich (S, 6): 1.1 IP, 0 hits, 0 ERs, 2 BBs, 2 Ks.
Thome: 1 for 3, 1 2B, 3 RBIs, 2 BBs, 1 K.
Hall: 0 for 4.
Anderson: 0 for 4, 1 K.
Fields: 1 for 4, 1 HR, 2 RBIs, 1 run, 1 K.
Lopez and Kelly each had two hits with Lopez getting a double. Owens and Perez each had singles. Perez also stole a base.

Kanny beat Lexington 6-2
De Los Santos: 4 IP, 4 hits, 2 ERs, 5 BBs, 5 Ks.
Perez (W, 2-0): 2 IP, 2 hits, 0 ERs, 0 BBs, 2 Ks.
Rote: 2 IP, 1 hit, 0 ERs, 0 BBs, 1 K.
Wesley: 1 IP, 3 hits, 0 ERs, 0 BBs, 1 K.
Sharp: 3 for 4, 2 runs.
Cruz: 1 for 3, 1 3B, 2 RBIs, 1 run, 1 K.
Gomes: 2 for 3, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K.
Shelby, Carter, Allen, Gartrell and Vargas all singled.

CLR01
05-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Any count on the number of kittens killed or children's ice creams stolen?

It turned out to be safe night in Columbus for children and kittens. Maybe Thome is a calming influence, I don't know. I'd hate to be around him tomorrow, though.

Unofficially 3 Toyotas will need paint touch-ups and new side mirrors sometime soon.

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
It turned out to be safe night in Columbus for children and kittens. Maybe Thome is a calming influence, I don't know. I'd hate to be around him tomorrow, though.

Unofficially 3 Toyotas will need paint touch-ups and new side mirrors sometime soon.

I heard that arsons at orphanages are up 800% since Anderson's been in Charlotte. :(:

ondafarm
05-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I heard that arsons at orphanages are up 800% since Anderson's been in Charlotte. :(:

I just had a brilliant idea.

The White Sox should trade BA to the Cubs, who seem to need a legit center fielder. This way, all White Sox fans would feel the same way about BA.

CLR01
05-17-2007, 01:04 PM

He also volunteers his free time at area soup kitchens; however, instead of helping out he just sits in the back and eats all the food. :(:

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
He also volunteers his free time at area soup kitchens; however, instead of helping out he just sits in the back and eats all the food. :(:

You're wrong. He actually uses his skills at running down and catching files but puts those files in the soup.

He also smashes pumpkins, knocks over mailboxes and puts razor blades and rat poison in kids' candy. He also cooked a pet chinchilla in a microwave oven.

CLR01
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
You're wrong. He actually uses his skills at running down and catching files but puts those files in the soup.

Where do you think he gets all the energy to chase down those flies? He eats all the sandwiches and some of the canned goods (beans!). He won't eat the soup because of the flies you mentioned and a Brian Anderson secret sauce he adds. :?: :unsure: :pee

He also smashes pumpkins, knocks over mailboxes and puts razor blades and rat poison in kids' candy. He also cooked a pet chinchilla in a microwave oven.You should see what he did when he came across a man with a prosthetic leg. :mad:

Frater Perdurabo
05-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Where do you think he gets all the energy to chase down those flies? He eats all the sandwiches and some of the canned goods (beans!). He won't eat the soup because of the flies you mentioned and a Brian Anderson secret sauce he adds. :?: :unsure: :pee

You should see what he did when he came across a man with a prosthetic leg. :mad:

Bill Veeck? Or Ron Santo?

I overheard some guy at the airport say that Anderson got sick and lost all that weight in Venezuelan winter ball because he was smuggling cocaine-filled condoms in his stomach.

He's also been flogging geriatric nuns with cue balls in tube socks.

He does give good gifts to poor kids, though. Bags of broken glass, unexploded grenades, quarts of malt liquor, asbestos tiles, etc.
:angry:

ondafarm
05-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I still say trade him to the Cubs. They could use Satan running wild and their outfield defense would improve. Of course, I think choosing three fans randomly from the bleachers and swapping them for their current outfielders would improve the outfield defense.

CLR01
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
I overheard some guy at the airport say that Anderson got sick and lost all that weight in Venezuelan winter ball because he was smuggling cocaine-filled condoms in his stomach.

He roomed with Chavez during his stay there.

In the summer of 2005 Anderson released 100,000 butterflies across Africa causing the most active Atlantic hurricane season in recorded history.

He has also purchased a salt mine and drops the salt all across the ice caps causing them to melt.

CLR01
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I just had a brilliant idea.

The White Sox should trade BA to the Cubs, who seem to need a legit center fielder. This way, all White Sox fans would feel the same way about BA.

He has threatened that he would burn down Chicago if that happened. Then again, he will probably be doing it anyway so what's the harm?

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2007, 06:12 AM
In the summer of 2005 Anderson released 100,000 butterflies across Africa causing the most active Atlantic hurricane season in recorded history.

You're not kidding. One of those butterflies actually bit me. Took a lamb-chop sized chunk out of my thigh. I spent three weeks in the hospital undergoing radical IV antibiotic therapy. Anderson's butterflies were both venomous and vicious. (I saw a pride of lions running full speed to avoid a swarm.) I'm glad I survived. The rest of my safari party, as well as three Kenyan villages that I saw the butterflies attack, were not so lucky.
:o: :(:

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Anderson also developed a graviton beam. He'll use it to alter the orbits of asteroids to cause an extinction level event.

maurice
05-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Bill Veeck had a wooden leg. I say "had" not because Veeck is dead, but rather because BA set it on fire while Veeck was still wearing it!

Also, BA once punched a magician. That's right, you heard me.

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Anderson also has been known to box the ears of mimes.

CLR01
05-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Anderson also has been known to box the ears of mimes.

He's responsible for the bad pet food being sold too.

Frater Perdurabo
05-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Don't forget that he's been hoarding and starving horses; sort of a Munchausen Syndrome by proxy.

CLR01
05-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Don't forget that he's been hoarding and starving horses; sort of a Munchausen Syndrome by proxy.

He was hanging around Long Island on July 17, 1996. I'm just saying....

And that letter written to Tom Daschle sort of looked like his hand writing...

UserNameBlank
05-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Bill Veeck had a wooden leg. I say "had" not because Veeck is dead, but rather because BA set it on fire while Veeck was still wearing it!

Also, BA once punched a magician. That's right, you heard me.

You're not kidding. One of those butterflies actually bit me. Took a lamb-chop sized chunk out of my thigh. I spent three weeks in the hospital undergoing radical IV antibiotic therapy. Anderson's butterflies were both venomous and vicious. (I saw a pride of lions running full speed to avoid a swarm.) I'm glad I survived. The rest of my safari party, as well as three Kenyan villages that I saw the butterflies attack, were not so lucky.
:o: :(:
Wow. I never knew Brian was such an ***hole.

Do you guys have any McCarthy stories? Was Brandon his trusty sidekick? Or just a convenient alibi?

Also, assuming Brandon was indeed his sidekick, do you guys think that Brandon would gain more movement on his fastball and Brian would become more selective at the plate if they didn't spend so much time together killing people?

CLR01
05-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow. I never knew Brian was such an ***hole.

Do you guys have any McCarthy stories? Was Brandon his trusty sidekick? Or just a convenient alibi?

Also, assuming Brandon was indeed his sidekick, do you guys think that Brandon would gain more movement on his fastball and Brian would become more selective at the plate if they didn't spend so much time together killing people?

Come on now, Anderson's is not a monster and you're not being realistic, at all. He is still working on mastering the 12th level of *******ness. You don't start killing people until level 14.

Brandon's only problem was he picked the wrong guy to be friends with. I should mention that I have heard some whispers from a few solid sources that Anderson actually dragged McCarthy around town at gun point. He was a hostage the whole time. The trade was really like putting Brando into the witness protection program.

UserNameBlank
05-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Come on now, Anderson's is not a monster and you're not being realistic, at all. He is still working on mastering the 12th level of *******ness. You don't start killing people until level 14.

Brandon's only problem was he picked the wrong guy to be friends with. I should mention that I have heard some whispers from a few solid sources that Anderson actually dragged McCarthy around town at gun point. He was a hostage the whole time. The trade was really like putting Brando into the witness protection program.
Ahh, I see! The whole picture is coming together. I knew there was a reason KW traded a future Cy Young for a sack of nickels. I'm glad to see that in between flipping over tables and protecting the Holy Grail, KW has a heart bigger than anything we could ever imagine.

One more question though: who wins in a fight? Super Ultra Mega Ninja Kenny "The Dragon" Williams with his sheer power or Brian "the Brain" with his cunning and evil K/BB ratio?

CLR01
05-18-2007, 09:12 PM
One more question though: who wins in a fight? Super Ultra Mega Ninja Kenny "The Dragon" Williams with his sheer power or Brian "the Brain" with his cunning and evil K/BB ratio?

They battle to a draw and then Optimus Grind knocks them both out.

UserNameBlank
05-19-2007, 08:43 AM
They battle to a draw and then Optimus Grind knocks them both out.
LMAO