PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow split doubleheader/ticket exchange information

SOXandILLINI
05-15-2007, 10:13 PM
tonights tix good for early game at 1;05

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
The question is if these will also be good for a later date instead? I think many Sox fans with tickets to tonight will have this problem

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:28 PM
The question is if these will also be good for a later date instead? I think many Sox fans with tickets to tonight will have this problem

Me being one of them. Absolute bull****.

JermaineDye05
05-15-2007, 10:31 PM
does anyone happen to know what channel these games will be on?

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:31 PM
Me being one of them. Absolute bull****.

How is it bull****? Why would they let you exchange a ticket for a game that is being played? If you can't make it, tough ****.

If they let you exchange the ticket for a later date, people would then bitch that they can't get the same seat.

EMachine10
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM
:bandance: hey, that means i get a kosher dog and fries 2 days in a row

and I really hope they allow those who can't make it to have a shot at another game. Especially since it was really sissy rain.:cool:

ode to veeck
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
chance for showers again tomorrow, then clear weather predicted into the weekend

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
How is it bull****? Why would they let you exchange a ticket for a game that is being played? If you can't make it, tough ****.

If they let you exchange the ticket for a later date, people would then bitch that they can't get the same seat.

This from the guy who would kill a man for putting mayo on his burger?:redneck

Good deal for me as the wife and kids can go to the game now.

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:36 PM

It's bull**** because 95% of people who buy tickets for night games do so because we can't make weekday afternoon games. We all have these things called careers and have people to support.

"So, I have a super idea. Let's cancel the game, but inconvienence the people who obviously bought the tickets on account of it being a night game, and make it a day game instead."

This is two games (April 26th, Tonight) I've been screwed out of. I just spent two and a half hours in the rain for nothing.

Garland_IS_God
05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Stupid question here but if I buy a ticket for the early game, am I able to stay for the 2nd game? I never been to a doubleheader and was thinking bout using a sick day tomorrow.

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 10:39 PM

I think it's kind of cheap if it's that way, usually with rainouts I remember people having a choice, but this way you get a lot of people screwed out of their money who can't attend a day game, while taking their concession money from the rain out.

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
It's bull**** because 95% of people who buy tickets for night games do so because we can't make weekday afternoon games. We all have these things called careers and have people to support.

"So, I have a super idea. Let's cancel the game, but inconvienence the people who obviously bought the tickets on account of it being a night game, and make it a day game instead."

This is two games (April 26th, Tonight) I've been screwed out of. I just spent two and a half hours in the rain for nothing.

So then what do they do? Play the game Thursday night? According to you they can't make it up during the four game series in June because it would have to be a afternoon game. It easier to just make it up tomorrow because the teams are here, and no off day makeup has to be played with one or both teams going out of their way to come to Chicago to play the game.

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Stupid question here but if I buy a ticket for the early game, am I able to stay for the 2nd game? I never been to a doubleheader and was thinking bout using a sick day tomorrow.

No, I think they are keeping them separate, that must be hell for the parking lots though

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:42 PM
No, I think they are keeping them separate, that must be hell for the parking lots though

Well, the first game should end around 4. Plenty of time to clear out the lots for a 7pm game. Most people don't get to night games until 5:30-6. It should be fine.

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
So then what do they do? Play the game Thursday night? According to you they can't make it up during the four game series in June because it would have to be a afternoon game. It easier to just make it up tomorrow because the teams are here, and no off day makeup has to be played with one or both teams going out of their way to come to Chicago to play the game.

I know the scheduling is a hard thing to come around, but a lot of people buy tickets for night games based on the fact they are unable to make afternoon games. It would be nice for them to accomodate people who do this in case of a make-up with either a refund or exchange for another date, not "Well, if you can't make it, too bad."

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I think it's kind of cheap if it's that way, usually with rainouts I remember people having a choice, but this way you get a lot of people screwed out of their money who can't attend a day game, while taking their concession money from the rain out.

Is there a choice? Can they be exchanged for a future game or is this it?

MrRoboto83
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
Well, the first game should end around 4. Plenty of time to clear out the lots for a 7pm game. Most people don't get to night games until 5:30-6. It should be fine.

I wonder If I will just be able to stay in the lot and give them my new parking pass coupon.

Anyone going to both games?

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I know the scheduling is a hard thing to come around, but a lot of people buy tickets for night games based on the fact they are unable to make afternoon games. It would be nice for them to accomodate people who do this in case of a make-up with either a refund or exchange for another date, not "Well, if you can't make it, too bad."

Well, like I said, if they were to exchange tickets for later dates, people would bitch and bitch that they wouldn't be able to a) keep the same seat and b) get a ticket for a game they want.

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:46 PM
I wonder If I will just be able to stay in the lot and give them my new parking pass coupon.

Anyone going to both games?

They said people going to both games should park in certain lots.

Brian26

I believe the correct quote is, "85% of the world is working, and the other 15% of the mother ****ing ********ers are out here. **** them. **** them country ********ers. And print it!"
-Lee Elia, 1982

CHISOXFAN13

I don't think anyone has an issue about it being played tomorrow. But having 35,000 people sit through a two-hour rain delay where you take their money for parking and concessions, only to have that game cancelled, and not giving them the option to exchange those tickets to any other game where tickets are available (which used to be the policy) is bad business.

Brian26
05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't think anyone has an issue about it being played tomorrow.

I have an issue with it being played tomorrow afternoon.

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, like I said, if they were to exchange tickets for later dates, people would bitch and bitch that they wouldn't be able to a) keep the same seat and b) get a ticket for a game they want.

At least you're still being given the option to see another game and not being screwed out of however much you spent. That should be their way of saying "We know a lot of people can't make a day game but this is what we can offer you" instead of this being the only option and knowing all too well that there are plenty of people who are angry that they are now out cash with no game.

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 10:51 PM
At least you're still being given the option to see another game and not being screwed out of however much you spent. That should be their way of saying "We know a lot of people can't make a day game but this is what we can offer you" instead of this being the only option and knowing all too well that there are plenty of people who are angry that they are now out cash with no game.

But is this the case? Where does it say that tonight's ticket is good for tomorrow ONLY?

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't think anyone has an issue about it being played tomorrow. But having 35,000 people sit through a two-hour rain delay where you take their money for parking and concessions, only to have that game cancelled, and not giving them the option to exchange those tickets to any other game where tickets are available (which used to be the policy) is bad business.

Absolutely. Let's break it down:

Ticket: $24
Parking: $20
Two beers: $12
Total: $56

So I paid $56 to sit in the rain for two hours, not see a game, and now have the same rescheduled for a time where many others and myself won't be able to attend with no option for a refund/exchange date?

That's absolute crap.

Parrothead
05-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I have an issue with it being played tomorrow afternoon.

Me too...I have this thing called work I can't get out of.

I am out $100. If that is not a big deal to you buy my tickets from me and go to the game yourself. I will be in Hazel Crest tomorrow morning at 8 am.

MrRoboto83
05-15-2007, 10:53 PM
They said people going to both games should park in certain lots.

I wonder what these certain lots are going to be? Hopefully Lot B.

Hendu
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM

Then the option of a refund would be very fair.

chisoxmike
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
But is this the case? Where does it say that tonight's ticket is good for tomorrow ONLY?

The back of the tickets say this...

"In the event that a regulation game is not played (a cancelled game) and is rescheduled on a date that did not have a previously scheduled game or is rescheduled to become apart of a split double header, this ticket may only be used for admittance into such rescheduled game."

The Immigrant
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I believe the correct quote is, "85% of the world is working, and the other 15% of the mother ****ing ********ers are out here. **** them. **** them country ********ers. And print it!"
-Lee Elia, 1982

Priceless.

twentywontowin
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM

Verbatim from the back of the ticket:

CANCELLATION
In the event that a regulation game is not played (a "Cancelled Game") and is rescheduled on a date that did not have a previously scheduled game or is rescheduled to become a part of a split double header, this ticket may only be used for admittance into such rescheduled game.

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Verbatim from the back of the ticket:

CANCELLATION
In the event that a regulation game is not played (a "Cancelled Game") and is rescheduled on a date that did not have a previously scheduled game or is rescheduled to become a part of a split double header, this ticket may only be used for admittance into such rescheduled game.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks.

MrRoboto83
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM

"In the event that a regulation game is not played (a cancelled game) and is rescheduled on a date that did not have a previously scheduled game or is rescheduled to become apart of a split double header, this ticket may only be used for admittance into such rescheduled game."

Kind of like an airline ticket...know what you are getting into before you buy it.

The Immigrant
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM

Nobody is disputing that the Sox are acting in accordance with their current policy, so I don't see what reciting the policy adds to the discussion.

It's the policy itself that's the problem, and it frankly is indefensible. People who cannot attend the re-scheduled game should be offered credit towards the purchase of a future ticket. If any other business treated you like this you would howl to the high heavens about it.

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but it comes off that way:

Tonight's game between the Chicago White Sox and the New York Yankees has been postponed due to rain and re-scheduled for tomorrow as part of a split doubleheader beginning at 1:05 p.m. The regularly scheduled game between the Sox and Yankees will begin at 7:11 p.m. Fans should retain their tickets and parking for tonight's postponed contest and use them for tomorrow's first game. Gates to the ballpark will open at noon.

I'm just assuming, but I would guess that they'd come out and say they'd be exchangable for a future date if they were.

So it sounds like they're going to have a lot of angry people

Parrothead
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Kind of like an airline ticket...know what you are getting into before you buy it.

:dollarbill:
This kid is learning from the best.....

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but it comes off that way:

[/color][/size][/font]I'm just assuming, but I would guess that they'd come out and say they'd be exchangable for a future date if they were.

So it sounds like they're going to have a lot of angry people

Okay, here's one for you: skottyj242 got some free Clube Level seats tonight so I used those and just pocketed my regular tickets. Can I use my reguler tickets for tommorow's game, even if I didn't use them tonight? I would imagine I could but who knows...

anewman35
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
People who had tickets for tonight and can't go tomorrow should probably make sure to keep them. If there's enough uproar, who knows, maybe the Sox will change their mind.

russ99
05-15-2007, 11:10 PM

Absolutely, this should have been a Thursday night makeup. considering these tickets are upwards of $39.00, and a so-called "Prime" date. If we're paying these inflated prices to see a Yankee game, the Sox should do their best to let working fans see one.

The Yankees play a night game in New York vs. the Mets on Friday, so that early getaway is B.S. it's not like they have to fly to the west coast. It's a stinkin' 2-hour flight.

Something tells me the Sox screwed over a whole lot of their fans just to make the Yankees a little more comfortable. Especially if my "unplayable field" conspiracy theory from tonight holds true. (see other thread)

So now I'm out upwards of $90+ fees because the Yankees can't take a later flight to NY and Jeter doesn't want to get his feet wet. :angry:

EDIT: Gee that sounds good. I'll have to copy this for my 18 letters to members of the Sox organization including my ticket rep.

Brian26
05-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Can I use my reguler tickets for tommorow's game, even if I didn't use them tonight? I would imagine I could but who knows...

Absolutely you can use them.

Harry Potter
05-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Absolutely. Let's break it down:

Ticket: $24
Parking: $20
Two beers: $12
Total: $56

So I paid $56 to sit in the rain for two hours, not see a game, and now have the same rescheduled for a time where many others and myself won't be able to attend with no option for a refund/exchange date?

That's absolute crap.

Let's face it, no matter what they choose to do, somebody's not going to be happy. So the best solution is to get over it and move on...

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 11:12 PM
Absolutely you can use them.

I was about 99% sure I could but it is good to hear someone else say it.:D:

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Okay, here's one for you: skottyj242 got some free Clube Level seats tonight so I used those and just pocketed my regular tickets. Can I use my reguler tickets for tommorow's game, even if I didn't use them tonight? I would imagine I could but who knows...

The makeup/day game? Yes

sodfatherjunior
05-15-2007, 11:13 PM
The Sox front office knew all along that the game was gonna be rained out, they just kept the ballpark open for 2 hours to get more sales in order to put all of that money toward Mark Buehrle's contract next season.

Parrothead
05-15-2007, 11:16 PM
The Sox front office knew all along that the game was gonna be rained out, they just kept the ballpark open for 2 hours to get more sales in order to put all of that money toward Mark Buehrle's contract next season.

Sadly, that should not be in teal.

sodfatherjunior
05-15-2007, 11:25 PM
ha, i was about to reply to my own post after thinking about it.........and i agree........unfortunately that shouldn't be in teal.

Scottiehaswheels
05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken but can't you return the tickets for comiskey cash at least?

NSSoxFan
05-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Sadly, that should not be in teal.

It is raining in the Loop right now, as of 11:35, and it has been for the past hour. If the game did start at 9:15 it would be somewhere in the middle of the game right now. Do you really want to take a chance with injuries? On top of that, who isn't to say there was going to be rain delays after it got going. Then you have a game that is going into the morning hours. I'm sure the stands would be full of people by then.

I'm going to point this out before I write anything further, I understand why many people with tickets to tonights game are upset.

At the same time, it's important to understand where the Sox are coming from. You hold tickets to a game in Chicago that is going to take place in April or May, you shouldn't be surprised to see several games postponed.

peeonwrigley
05-15-2007, 11:52 PM
It is raining in the Loop right now, as of 11:35, and it has been for the past hour. If the game did start at 9:15 it would be somewhere in the middle of the game right now. Do you really want to take a chance with injuries? On top of that, who isn't to say there was going to be rain delays after it got going. Then you have a game that is going into the morning hours. I'm sure the stands would be full of people by then.

I'm going to point this out before I write anything further, I understand why many people with tickets to tonights game are upset.

At the same time, it's important to understand where the Sox are coming from. You hold tickets to a game in Chicago that is going to take place in April or May, you shouldn't be surprised to see several games postponed.

I went to tonight's game. I think it was a fairly weak cancellation - really the rain was not much to write home about after 7:25 or so, and I was standing outside on the outfield concourse from 7:10 until it was finally canned. And I'm by no means a Bears weather meathead, I hate standing in ****ty weather. This was not that bad. But if they chose to cancel it, fine, that is their decision.

My problems:

- Waited way too long to call it. They have radar at their disposal, and the weather was consistent for the last hour and a half prior to the rainout. But I realize they know more than me, so they've got the benefit of the doubt on that one and in regards to the field conditions.

- Make up date tomorrow. This sucks. 90% chance I'll get to the game tomorrow, but that makes me the vast minority according to what I heard from people on the way out and on the train. I am lucky there is not much going on for me at work this week, and that I can just hop on the Red Line tomorrow. My friends are not so lucky, and are basically out the cash. The Yankees are here Thursday and again next month. The least you can do is give people more than 12 hours to re-work their schedule.

- Bulls game. Yeah, it was over for all intents and purposes, but I wasn't comfortable until I got a call from my brother that it was officially over. It might have taken an extra 15-30 minutes to clear the stadium if they showed the game in its entirety - the Cell still would have cleared out earlier than a typical night game.

I understand the risk of a May game in Chicago. But I just am a little disappointed in how the Sox handled it.

russ99
05-15-2007, 11:55 PM

While I see your point, I certainly won't let the Sox off the hook for scheduling the make-up for tomorrow. As I wrote to my ticket rep, if the Sox couldn't do a Thursday night makeup for whatever reason, they should have rescheduled the day game in June so those of us who work could have time to make arrangements.

Giving me overnight notice to skip work to see a Sox game I paid extra to get tickets for is not a fan-friendly move, and my gut tells me it was done to placate the Yankees and/or the MLB office.

DumpJerry
05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
The announcement regarding parking made at the park when they announced the game was called said that Season Ticket holders should park in Lot B tomorrow for Game One. I guess this is the lot they won't empty out between games.

They said cash was Lot E, IIRC. I wonder if the people who paid for cash parking tonight got hosed for $20 tonight.

What irritated me was that there were about 6 minutes left to the Bulls' game which was being shown on the scoreboard when they called the Sox game and did not turn the Bulls back on after the announcement. They waited two hours to kill the Sox game, they could not wait ten more minutes???

mrfourni
05-16-2007, 12:23 AM
- Make up date tomorrow. This sucks. 90% chance I'll get to the game tomorrow, but that makes me the vast minority according to what I heard from people on the way out and on the train. I am lucky there is not much going on for me at work this week, and that I can just hop on the Red Line tomorrow. My friends are not so lucky, and are basically out the cash. The Yankees are here Thursday and again next month. The least you can do is give people more than 12 hours to re-work their schedule.

That is my one and only problem with the whole situation. Ticket holders with the two other rained/cold out games from april have two months until the makeup date, which gives them plenty of time to either work around a work schedule to attend a game, or to sell the tickets all together.

With the very small turn around time, and the fact that the game is being made up in the middle of the week leaves very little time to make alternate plans. I was forced to dump my tickets for tomorrow, as I'm sure many others were as well.

I understand the policy as posted on the back of my ticket, but there are exceptions to every rule. This should be one of those exceptions.

mrfourni
05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
While I see your point, I certainly won't let the Sox off the hook for scheduling the make-up for tomorrow. As I wrote to my ticket rep, if the Sox couldn't do a Thursday night makeup for whatever reason, they should have rescheduled the day game in June so those of us who work could have time to make arrangements.

Giving me overnight notice to skip work to see a Sox game I paid extra to get tickets for is not a fan-friendly move, and my gut tells me it was done to placate the Yankees and/or the MLB office.

I spoke to a vendor after the game was called. He told me that this also may have to do with the fact that the Bulls play on Thursday night as well, and the park would not have been adequately staffed for such a huge crowd.

Foulke You
05-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Mike, the bottom line is, the Yankees come to town for another series later in the season. If they'd have rescheduled this game for that series, it would have given people adequate time to make arrangements to try and make that game. A 24hr turnaround time is going to essentially screw people like me out of our money. The Yankees series is from the "PRIME" tier pricing. A lot of people paid a lot of friggin money to see tonight's game that was called due to light rain. The Sox rescheduling it for tomorrow is going to make a lot of people miss out on a big game that they paid for. Generally speaking, when a game is "rescheduled" for a later date as the language on the back of the ticket says, it happens later in the season if the team visits our park again.

Your argument that people would complain about not getting the same seats doesn't hold water. I'd be happy with a game against KC or Tampa right now in the last row of the upper deck. I paid $50 for the "honor" of buying overpriced concessions. I'm not a happy camper.:angry:

ND_Sox_Fan
05-16-2007, 06:55 AM
What irritated me was that there were about 6 minutes left to the Bulls' game which was being shown on the scoreboard when they called the Sox game and did not turn the Bulls back on after the announcement. They waited two hours to kill the Sox game, they could not wait ten more minutes???

I am another one of the working crowd that won't be able to attend the game and will just have to eat the ticket that I bought on the Ticket Exchange a while back.

The worst thing about the Bulls cancellation was ordering one more beer at last call from the waitress to drink while we planned to watch the last 6-7 minutes. No sooner did the waitress walk away from the table, did the screen go black.

Not a real good night for the Sox management - not sure which department takes the blame for the whole mess, including rescheduling.

DumpJerry
05-16-2007, 07:06 AM
I went to tonight's game. I think it was a fairly weak cancellation - really the rain was not much to write home about after 7:25 or so, and I was standing outside on the outfield concourse from 7:10 until it was finally canned. And I'm by no means a Bears weather meathead, I hate standing in ****ty weather. This was not that bad. But if they chose to cancel it, fine, that is their decision.

My problems:

I understand the risk of a May game in Chicago. But I just am a little disappointed in how the Sox handled it.
About the conditions (light rain): how would you feel today if we had played in those conditions and Dye ripped his ankle ligaments on the wet grass? There is an appreciable injury risk when the field is wet like that.

The make-up date: the collective bargaining agreement would not allow a Thursday night game because Thursday is a getaway day for both teams. Granted the Sox are getting away to Chicago, but the Yanks are travelling to New York (they have the Mets this weekend). This is why Thursday's game is a day game on the schedule.

Hendu
05-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Not happy about this either. No way I can take a day off work on such short notice, especially during one of our busiest months.

So I have to eat the tickets. Wonderful. Good thing I only bought one Pilsner last night at the park.

ewokpelts
05-16-2007, 07:33 AM
The announcement regarding parking made at the park when they announced the game was called said that Season Ticket holders should park in Lot B tomorrow for Game One. I guess this is the lot they won't empty out between games.

They said cash was Lot E, IIRC. I wonder if the people who paid for cash parking tonight got hosed for $20 tonight.

What irritated me was that there were about 6 minutes left to the Bulls' game which was being shown on the scoreboard when they called the Sox game and did not turn the Bulls back on after the announcement. They waited two hours to kill the Sox game, they could not wait ten more minutes???maybe jeter didnt want to watch the rest of the game.

rocky biddle
05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
I'll buy a ticket for the early game if someone can't use one. Email me- rockybiddle@yahoo.com

peeonwrigley
05-16-2007, 07:43 AM
About the conditions (light rain): how would you feel today if we had played in those conditions and Dye ripped his ankle ligaments on the wet grass? There is an appreciable injury risk when the field is wet like that.

The make-up date: the collective bargaining agreement would not allow a Thursday night game because Thursday is a getaway day for both teams. Granted the Sox are getting away to Chicago, but the Yanks are travelling to New York (they have the Mets this weekend). This is why Thursday's game is a day game on the schedule.

Point 1: I said I gave the Sox the benefit of the doubt on evaluating conditions. That said, most here would probably agree the Sox have played in similar conditions before.

Point 2: Then make it up next time the Yankees are in town. They have 4 (count 'em) night games scheduled that week (including the getaway Thursday game when the Yanks also travel to NY). Looking at the schedule the Sox don't have a day off from May 25-June 13, so I'm guessing that's why they didn't put the double header during that stretch. I guess I can live with that, but the team should have at the very least offered vouchers to those who can't use them.

rdwj
05-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried actually CALLING before pissing and moaning about this? I know what the back of the ticket says, but that's the official policy; they may give vouchers because of the short notice.

Chez
05-16-2007, 07:53 AM
[quote=DumpJerry;1573680]I wonder if the people who paid for cash parking tonight got hosed for $20 tonight.

If you parked in a cash lot last night, save the ticket you were handed upon entry to the lot. if you read the back, you'll see that you can mail this ticket in and receive either (1) a parking pass for any other game or (2) $20.00 in Comiskey Cash.

dickallen15
05-16-2007, 07:56 AM

They cancelled the game about a half hour before they announced it at the park. They announced it just about the time beer sales would have ended if it had started on time. I find it hard to believe a team that goes out of its way telling the world how fan friendly it is, would screw thousands this way. What if you have kids who are in school? I'm sure all the emails to the White Sox will be answered with the standard, " we know its not fair, but there's really nothing we can do", and the option to give your tickets to charity. This is the Yankees. A lot of people get these tickets months in advance and have jobs they have to go to. 15 hours notice is not right. Cutting off the Bulls game probably because they aren't selling any more beer is not right. I just hope they see the error they are making and do at least some small thing about it.

ewokpelts
05-16-2007, 08:00 AM
[quote=DumpJerry;1573680]I wonder if the people who paid for cash parking tonight got hosed for $20 tonight.

If you parked in a cash lot last night, save the ticket you were handed upon entry to the lot. if you read the back, you'll see that you can mail this ticket in and receive either (1) a parking pass for any other game or (2) $20.00 in Comiskey Cash.if the game is rescheduled, you're **** outta luck. i tried redeeming my april 6th pass for comiskey cash and they refused it.

Fenway
05-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I'm not sure when the policy changed around baseball.

It used to be a Rain Check would be good for ANY regularly scheduled American League game. 25-30 years ago the Yankees would accept a Boston rain check for example.

This really stinks for ticket holders.

SoxFan78
05-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Absolutely, this should have been a Thursday night makeup. considering these tickets are upwards of $39.00, and a so-called "Prime" date. If we're paying these inflated prices to see a Yankee game, the Sox should do their best to let working fans see one.

The Yankees play a night game in New York vs. the Mets on Friday, so that early getaway is B.S. it's not like they have to fly to the west coast. It's a stinkin' 2-hour flight.

Something tells me the Sox screwed over a whole lot of their fans just to make the Yankees a little more comfortable. Especially if my "unplayable field" conspiracy theory from tonight holds true. (see other thread)

So now I'm out upwards of $90+ fees because the Yankees can't take a later flight to NY and Jeter doesn't want to get his feet wet. :angry:

EDIT: Gee that sounds good. I'll have to copy this for my 18 letters to members of the Sox organization including my ticket rep.

Im thinking the Sox didnt want to play a Thursday doubleheader just as much as the Yankees didnt. Think about it. If there was a double header on Thursday, the Sox would of played 3 games in a 24 hour span. 1:05, 7:11 vs. the Yankees on Thursday, then 1:20 vs. the Cubs at Wrigley.

TomBradley72
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM

I can't believe this is even a debate. It's called a "rain check"...the game is rained out so you then exchange the unused tickets for another game at a later date...that's how rain outs have been handled for 100 years. The idea of rescheduling the game for the next afternoon and assuming adults who work and children who go to school can just blow off their responsibilities, within 14 hours to go to a week day afternoon game is ridiculous, it's cheap, and it's inconsiderate to the customers.

dickallen15
05-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Im thinking the Sox didnt want to play a Thursday doubleheader just as much as the Yankees didnt. Think about it. If there was a double header on Thursday, the Sox would of played 3 games in a 24 hour span. 1:05, 7:11 vs. the Yankees on Thursday, then 1:20 vs. the Cubs at Wrigley.

I really have no problem with re-scheduling the game for today, but they have to be fair to the people holding tickets last night. Telling them their ticket is only good for today with zero notice is wrong. People paid a premium for these tickets, showed up at the park on a night that was very playable and bought the White Sox food and beer. There should be some sort of accomodation for them, not just telling them that if they have to go to school or work they are out of luck. Its not enough notice.

LauraJ14
05-16-2007, 08:43 AM
The Sox are playing 20 games in a row from May 25th to June 13th, in order to add another game to the Yankees series in June, wouldn't they need permission from the union?
Also there is supposed to be thunderstorms again on Wednesday so who knows how much of the 2 games will be played today. They may need Thursday to finish off one of the games.

ewokpelts
05-16-2007, 08:57 AM
I can't believe this is even a debate. It's called a "rain check"...the game is rained out so you then exchange the unused tickets for another game at a later date...that's how rain outs have been handled for 100 years. The idea of rescheduling the game for the next afternoon and assuming adults who work and children who go to school can just blow off their responsibilities, within 14 hours to go to a week day afternoon game is ridiculous, it's cheap, and it's inconsiderate to the customers.no rain check if a SPLIT DOUBLEHEADER is created.

skottyj242
05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
They can't play the game on Thursday night because of the Bulls game. If the Bulls would have lost last night I'm sure that's what they would have done.

Jerko
05-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Jesus Christ I remember when you couldn't even trade in unused season tickets. If you missed the game, you missed the game, and tough ****. GMAB people. Yes it sucks you had tickets for a night game and now it's a day game, but they can't play 2 night games tonight. They won't play a night game Thursday either because the Yankees have to be in NY to play the Mets Friday. They don't want to make it up next time the Yankees are in town because the Sox play like 20 days straight during that stretch and do we really want a doubleheader then??? We'd have no relief pitchers left.

itsnotrequired
05-16-2007, 09:14 AM
They can't play the game on Thursday night because of the Bulls game. If the Bulls would have lost last night I'm sure that's what they would have done.

No, they wouldn't have. The Yankees play Friday night in New York so wouldn't want a night game before travel.

skottyj242
05-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Jesus Christ I remember when you couldn't even trade in unused season tickets. If you missed the game, you missed the game, and tough ****. GMAB people. Yes it sucks you had tickets for a night game and now it's a day game, but they can't play 2 night games tonight. They won't play a night game Thursday either because the Yankees have to be in NY to play the Mets Friday. They don't want to make it up next time the Yankees are in town because the Sox play like 20 days straight during that stretch and do we really want a doubleheader then??? We'd have no relief pitchers left.

Amen.

stl_sox_fan
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if Thome is back in the lineup today? I remember hearing he might have been ready for last night's game.

peeonwrigley
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
From the Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/387352,CST-SPT-sox16.article), FWIW:

As for sitting through an almost-two-hour rain delay Tuesday, Guillen said the decision was made not to wait any longer.

''It was a tough decision,'' he said. ''We had the choice -- play in June or play [today]. The reason we chose [today] was so that the people in the streets and the radio talk don't say we banged the game 'cause ... whatever reason they come up with.''
:?:

dickallen15
I believe this is the first season the White Sox have used the split DH. It used to be a rained out game stub could be used for any other game. Its now not the case. If you were out a couple hundred dollars, I'm sure your attitude would be different. Its not right to tell thousands of people, too bad you must work, too bad you must go to school, the tickets you bought will only be good for a game the next afternoon, and oh, thank you for buying all of our concessions while we waited out this "rain" delay. It wasn't even raining half the time, and the other half it was a light mist. Anyone who has ever been to a game in which it rained, has been to a game in far worse conditions than last night.

INSox56
I feel badly because this is a touchy subject. I sold my tix to someone (that I didn't know)...I kinda feel guilty about them wasting their money (assuming they're like the majority of fans that can't get off of work to go to a game). I'm not going to send an email and hope that I don't get one from him asking for money back cuz I don't wanna deal with it honestly.

skottyj242
05-16-2007, 09:29 AM
No, they wouldn't have. The Yankees play Friday night in New York so wouldn't want a night game before travel.

Give me my tickets back.

WestSider
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM
They cancelled the game about a half hour before they announced it at the park. They announced it just about the time beer sales would have ended if it had started on time. I find it hard to believe a team that goes out of its way telling the world how fan friendly it is, would screw thousands this way.

I can confirm this, I was listening to the radio and they said the game was canceled. No announcement, still vendors selling beer. 10 mins after I heard it on the radio, I called the Sox front office 647-1000, they said "the game is canceled and it is a split doubleheader tomorrow. No announcement, still vendors selling beer. Six min left in the Bulls game, 25-30 mins after I heard it on the radio, they announced the cancellation, turned off the Bulls game on the scoreboard. Ushers telling people to leave (one minute earlier, people were still buying beers!)

The Sox could have handled this a lot better by announcing the cancellation to the people who paid big money to come to this game, instead of waiting 30 minutes later and continuing to sell beer. Then turning off the Bulls game and kicking people out of the park the moment after they'd paid $6 for a beer at a game that had been canceled 30 minutes ago is just not good business practice.

It is something Bill Wirtz would be proud of, he's saying "Now that's the way to treat the fans, good job!"

sox1970
05-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I can confirm this, I was listening to the radio and they said the game was canceled. No announcement, still vendors selling beer. 10 mins after I heard it on the radio, I called the Sox front office 647-1000, they said "the game is canceled and it is a split doubleheader tomorrow. No announcement, still vendors selling beer. Six min left in the Bulls game, 25-30 mins after I heard it on the radio, they announced the cancellation, turned off the Bulls game on the scoreboard. Ushers telling people to leave (one minute earlier, people were still buying beers!)

The Sox could have handled this a lot better by announcing the cancellation to the people who paid big money to come to this game, instead of waiting 30 minutes later and continuing to sell beer. Then turning off the Bulls game and kicking people out of the park the moment after they'd paid $6 for a beer at a game that had been canceled 30 minutes ago is just not good business practice.

It is something Bill Wirtz would be proud of, he's saying "Now that's the way to treat the fans, good job!"

I informed a friend that was in the park that the game was postponed 10 minutes after they announced it on the radio. Whether that's delibrate to sell more concessions, I'm not sure. The bottom line is the people in the park should be the first to know--or at least within a minute. It's not that hard to go on the PA and announce the postponement.

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I found out from someone who was watching the game on tv. It still looked like when we found out that they still had not informed the fans.

Hendu
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM

So how much money are you losing because of this?

TomBradley72
05-16-2007, 10:01 AM

I was there as well...this is a perfect summary.

I can't believe all of the "apologists" for the White Sox in this thread.

So we really think the policy of "if it's a split double header, you have to go to that game and you have no other options" is fair to the fan? Family of four, with both parents working and two kids in school goes to a week night Sox game, spending about $200-300 (Lower Deck tix are $44/seat) on tickets/parking/concessions. Game is rescheduled to be played 14 hours later on a weekday afternoon...and you either have to cancel your life so you can go back to the ballpark or you're screwed? This is a customer friendly policy? And many people on this board think this is a fair policy and defend it?

WestSider
05-16-2007, 10:04 AM
As I understand it, after the first game is over, everyone has to leave the park, then once the park is empty, the fans with tickets for the night game are admitted. Does anyone know what happens if the first game goes extra innings or has a rain delay. For example, at 5:30pm the game is tied in the 10th. Do they keep playing? I assume so ...

Possible to stop play, clear out the fans, then continue playing the extra innings at the 7:11pm start time? Maybe not possible without a revolt!

With the thread of rain delay today, this could be a possibility. Anyone know the policy?

sox1970
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
They should have scheduled a day/night DH for the June series to give people with the 5/15 tickets time to arrange for a day game or sell them to someone who could go. Or give those with tickets an option to another game.

Completely unfair to expect people to come back the next day for a weekday day game.

TomBradley72
05-16-2007, 10:10 AM
They should have scheduled a day/night DH for the June series to give people with the 5/15 tickets time to arrange for a day game or sell them to someone who could go. Or give those with tickets an option to another game.

Completely unfair to expect people to come back the next day for a weekday day game.

Exactly.

BanditJimmy
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I predict only 5K will show for game 1 .... there is no way people could have put plans together so quickly.

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 10:14 AM

Agreed I think it is bull**** that the game is this afternoon and not at a later day.

roadrunner
05-16-2007, 10:18 AM
they should have used the opportunity to reschedule for a future date - when thome is healthy

TomBradley72
05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Agreed I think it is bull**** that the game is this afternoon and not at a later day.

I emailed my rep at the White Sox...he said he would "get back to me" with an answer...so they may be considering being a little more flexible on this. Based on their history under Brooks Boyer...my guess is they will come up with a more fan friendly response than the "official policy".

doctorlecter
05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know what time the gates open for the first game today? Also, what is the standard time before games. When I get there early, I'm always tailgating, so getting in early isn't an issue for me normally...

Chez
05-16-2007, 10:21 AM
This problem (if you want to call it a "problem") is a product of the White Sox post-2005 popularity. When there were only 10,000 season tickets, it was easier to allow people to use their tickets to a cancelled game to any future game. But when you have 25,000 season tickets already sold and substantial advance sales for most games this summer, you lose some flexibility. I was out there last night and am unhappy with the fact that I can't go to this afternoon's game, but I understand the reasons for the new policy. Does anyone know how teams with huge season ticket bases handle the situation (e.g. Boston, Yankees)?

twentywontowin
05-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know what time the gates open for the first game today? Also, what is the standard time before games. When I get there early, I'm always tailgating, so getting in early isn't an issue for me normally...

IIRC, the announcement in the stadium said noon.

ChicagoHoosier
05-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I emailed my rep at the White Sox...he said he would "get back to me" with an answer...so they may be considering being a little more flexible on this. Based on their history under Brooks Boyer...my guess is they will come up with a more fan friendly response than the "official policy".

I emailed with my ticket rep today and they were unable to do anything different than what the policy stated. I'd like to keep a close eye on this thread to see if others get a different answer, but I've accepted that I can't go to this game today and my only trade-in option is using the ticket exchange form.

INSox56
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
LOL I just got an automated phone call at work from ticketmaster reminding me that the game was postponed and rescheduled for today.

D. TODD
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey all you 1st gamers today make sure you clear out early and orderly! I'll be arriving around 6:15 to cheer on the Sox to complete the sweep !:D:

Fenway
05-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Will Nancy play this afternoon?

INSox56
05-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Hey all you 1st gamers today make sure you clear out early and orderly! I'll be arriving around 6:15 to cheer on the Sox to complete the sweep !:D:...eh? :unsure: Games 1 and 2 today...?

kevingrt
05-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm really interested to see how many people get out to the afternoon game today. It should be interesting.

Vives
05-16-2007, 11:58 AM
my girlfriend called the sox main line (312-674-1000) a little while ago, and they told her if you don't use your tickets for the makeup this afternoon, you have the following options for exchange at the box office:
best available upper deck for tonight's game
best available upper deck for a yankees game in june
best available upper deck for a twins or tigers game in julyshe didn't ask if there would be any refunds on the difference in ticket price.

we decided to just go this afternoon since we had lower box seats...

HotelWhiteSox
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I emailed Brooks, this is what he said:

We are about to release our exchange ticket policy for last night. If you cannot make today’s game, you will be able to exchange your ticket for the best available upper deck ticket for tonight’s game, tomorrow’s game, any of the Yankees games in June, the Twins in July or the Tigers in July. Hopefully, our fans will see this as fair.

HotelWhiteSox
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM
From the Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/387352,CST-SPT-sox16.article), FWIW:

:?:

So they did it based on what the media or Cubs fans might think? That's mental

peeonwrigley
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM

[/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

Sounds fair to me.

Jerko
05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
So how much money are you losing because of this?

About 80 bucks. And I lost money on a ST last year that I couldn't use because all the trade-in days had already passed before the game I missed took place. It happens. Yes it sucked that people lost out but I already noticed the Sox are letting people trade in yesterday's tix for other Yankee, Twin, and Tiger games. Would you rather they wait until June and play 21 games in 20 days, especially the way Ozzie uses the bullpen? We're already whining about who to use Sunday and the Sox at least have a day off next week. This wasn't a "fans only" decision by the Sox, they have to look at the big picture too.

HotelWhiteSox
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Meanwhile the Reifert blog says you can both Attend this game, AND get a free ticket to a premier game:

With last night's rainout rescheduled for today at 1:05 pm, the White Sox have made a special offer to fans with tickets: you can attend today's makeup and also receive a complimentary ticket to one of the next 13 premier games at the ballpark. See the press release for details. All exchanges go through the ticket office here.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Sargeant79
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM

Taking into account all of the logistical obstacles that all parties have to overcome for this, I think this is more than fair. I had tickets to last night's game and couldn't go today (I'm at work as I write this). While I'm definitely bummed out about missing the make-up, that's the breaks sometimes. I actually think it's pretty cool that they're trying to provide any options at all for people who couldn't make the day game.

INSox56
05-16-2007, 12:21 PM

:hawk
"I love Brooks"

Hendu
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
About 80 bucks. And I lost money on a ST last year that I couldn't use because all the trade-in days had already passed before the game I missed took place. It happens. Yes it sucked that people lost out but I already noticed the Sox are letting people trade in yesterday's tix for other Yankee, Twin, and Tiger games. Would you rather they wait until June and play 21 games in 20 days, especially the way Ozzie uses the bullpen? We're already whining about who to use Sunday and the Sox at least have a day off next week. This wasn't a "fans only" decision by the Sox, they have to look at the big picture too.

No, I was just referring to (at the time) the lack of any trade-in or refund policy for this game. However, seems like the club is going to come through for the fans on this one, so it's no longer an issue. :smile:

Justagirl
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I didn't realize until I read this thread that people who bought these tickets basically have to eat them if they can't attend the game today. Yeah, I know that's standard procedure, but these are different circumstances. I know someone asked this earlier, but I didn't read a direct answer: Did someone actually CALL them just to see if you can get tickets for a later game?

Was beer literally being served 1 minute before being kicked out of the park? I find it hard to believe they would turn off the bulls game 6 minutes before it was scheduled to end, beer in hand & make everyone leave right then. I don't blame anyone for being upset- I'd be pissed! Unreal.

Edit: Errrr, just read the last page of this thread. Nevermind. Always read ahead ;) lol

Fenway
05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
just got the email

CHICAGO -- As a "thank you" to Chicago White Sox fans who sat through a lengthy rain delay before yesterday's game against the New York Yankees was postponed, the White Sox are offering fans holding tickets to last night's game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games.

• Fans with tickets to last night's game can attend today's makeup contest scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
• In addition to today's game, fans also may exchange their tickets for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team's next 13 premier games (based on ticket availability). The next 13 White Sox premier games include: tonight's game against New York at 7:11 p.m.; Thursday's game against the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.; the Yankees series June 4-7; the Twins series July 6-8; and the Tigers series July 23-26. Fans may exchange tickets to the May 15 game at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office or by mail at White Sox Box Office, U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616. Exchanges will begin immediately

Justagirl
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Righteous! :smile:

Meixner007
05-16-2007, 12:42 PM
just got the email

CHICAGO -- As a "thank you" to Chicago White Sox fans who sat through a lengthy rain delay before yesterday's game against the New York Yankees was postponed, the White Sox are offering fans holding tickets to last night's game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games.

• Fans with tickets to last night's game can attend today's makeup contest scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
• In addition to today's game, fans also may exchange their tickets for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team's next 13 premier games (based on ticket availability). The next 13 White Sox premier games include: tonight's game against New York at 7:11 p.m.; Thursday's game against the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.; the Yankees series June 4-7; the Twins series July 6-8; and the Tigers series July 23-26. Fans may exchange tickets to the May 15 game at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office or by mail at White Sox Box Office, U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616. Exchanges will begin immediately

I'm reading this 2 different ways. First you can attend today's game AND another game.

The other way is you can attend today's game, BUT if you don't you can trade in your ticket for anther premier game...

alohafri
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM

85% of the world's working, the other 15 come here!

Jerko
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
No, I was just referring to (at the time) the lack of any trade-in or refund policy for this game. However, seems like the club is going to come through for the fans on this one, so it's no longer an issue. :smile:

BIG props go out to the Sox on this one. :cool:

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Apparently they announced at the game this afternoon that fans can trade yesterdays tickets in for ANY upper deck seats(best available)

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
From my rep

CHICAGO – As a “thank you” to Chicago White Sox fans who sat through a lengthy rain delay before yesterday’s game against the New York Yankees was postponed, the White Sox are offering fans holding tickets to last night’s game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games.

Fans with tickets to last night’s game can attend today’s makeup contest scheduled for 1:05 p.m.
In addition to today’s game, fans also may exchange their tickets for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team’s next 13 premier games (based on ticket availability). The next 13 White Sox premier games include: tonight’s game against New York at 7:11 p.m.; Thursday’s game against the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.; the Yankees series June 4-7; the Twins series July 6-8; and the Tigers series July 23-26.
Fans may exchange tickets to the May 15 game at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office or by mail at White Sox Box Office, U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616. Exchanges will begin immediately.

WS in 05
05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Apparently they announced at the game this afternoon that fans can trade yesterdays tickets in for ANY upper deck seats(best available)

If they announced it at the game and the people there used there tickets how can they trade them?

IlliniSox4Life
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow, I thought they were letting you choose either today's makeup or another game, but if they are letting everyone do both, that's above and beyond what they had to.

I still don't see why they don't let you use the tickets face value as if it were a gift certificate. Seems like it would be easier for everyone involved. But this works too.

ewokpelts
05-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow, I thought they were letting you choose either today's makeup or another game, but if they are letting everyone do both, that's above and beyond what they had to.

I still don't see why they don't let you use the tickets face value as if it were a gift certificate. Seems like it would be easier for everyone involved. But this works too.the games in question arent selling well. who wants to pay $25 for tigers in july?

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I didn't realize until I read this thread that people who bought these tickets basically have to eat them if they can't attend the game today. Yeah, I know that's standard procedure, but these are different circumstances. I know someone asked this earlier, but I didn't read a direct answer: Did someone actually CALL them just to see if you can get tickets for a later game?

Was beer literally being served 1 minute before being kicked out of the park? I find it hard to believe they would turn off the bulls game 6 minutes before it was scheduled to end, beer in hand & make everyone leave right then. I don't blame anyone for being upset- I'd be pissed! Unreal.

Edit: Errrr, just read the last page of this thread. Nevermind. Always read ahead ;) lol

YES

BanditJimmy
05-16-2007, 04:10 PM
The ticket policy is very generous IMO.

Some people who were there today for the day game can now exchange their ticket for an UD for tonight's game. So they get to see 2 games for the price of 1 today and make only one trip to the ball park.

I expect the stadium to sell out tonight with this policy.

TomBradley72
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
BIG props go out to the Sox on this one. :cool:

In Brooks I trust.

BanditJimmy
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
the games in question arent selling well. who wants to pay $25 for tigers in july?

I was shocked that this series with the Yankees was not sold out up-front. Maybe the weather has something to do with it.

It's Dankerific
05-16-2007, 04:32 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/images/email/ballpark2_275x235.jpg
May 16, 2007
WHITE SOX OFFER FANS EXTRA GAME IN EXCHANGE FOR TUESDAY'S RAINOUT

As a "thank you" to Chicago White Sox fans who sat through a lengthy rain delay before yesterday's game against the New York Yankees was postponed, the White Sox are offering fans holding tickets to last night's game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games.

In addition to attending today's game, fans also may exchange their tickets for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team's next 13 Premier games (based on ticket availability). The next 13 White Sox premier games include: tonight's game against New York at 7:11 p.m.; Thursday's game against the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.; the Yankees series June 4-7; the Twins series July 6-8; and the Tigers series July 23-26.

Fans may exchange tickets to the May 15 game at the U.S. Cellular Field Box Office or by mail at White Sox Box Office, U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60616. Exchanges will begin immediately.

Thanks again for your support of White Sox Baseball!

hawkjt
05-16-2007, 04:33 PM
you gotta admit, generally, the sox are a pretty customer -friendly organization.. like this move and also the active military free tickets policy..

way to appreciate the customers,sox!

Chicken Dinner
05-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Dankerific? :lol:

It's Dankerific
05-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Apparently something wrong with the paste job. if you highlight it with the mouse, you can read it ;)

nevr say dye sox
05-16-2007, 04:53 PM
For all the people crying this morning about have to spend money to go to last nights game, and not be able to go today please take notice:

" As a thank you" to the Chicago White Sox fans who sat though a lengthy rain delay befor yesterday's game against the NY Yankees was postponed, are offering fans holding tickets to last nights game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games. In addition to attending today's game, fans also may exchange for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team's next 13 premier games (based on ticket avilabilty)"

Now that they are doing this, we can all find something else to be pissed about!:whiner:

jenn2080
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
How many more of these will be posted in the next 6 hrs

CLR01
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
I would rejoice if people looked around before starting threads. :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
05-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I would rejoice if people looked around before starting threads. :rolleyes:

*itsnotrequired shuffles off to start token Erstad thread*

NoNeckEra
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
From an email from Sox:

May 16, 2007
WHITE SOX OFFER FANS EXTRA GAME IN EXCHANGE FOR TUESDAY'S RAINOUT

As a "thank you" to Chicago White Sox fans who sat through a lengthy rain delay before yesterday's game against the New York Yankees was postponed, the White Sox are offering fans holding tickets to last night's game a complimentary ticket to one of 13 future games.

In addition to attending today's game, fans also may exchange their tickets for a complimentary upper level seat to any of the team's next 13 Premier games (based on ticket availability). The next 13 White Sox premier games include: tonight's game against New York at 7:11 p.m.; Thursday's game against the Yankees at 1:05 p.m.; the Yankees series June 4-7; the Twins series July 6-8; and the Tigers series July 23-26.

DaBears
05-16-2007, 05:35 PM
this is pretty cool of them to do...with such short notice of the game change to this afternoon, I am certain a lot of people werent able to get off work:(:

Too bad I hate the UD, but oh well, free is free

Steelrod
05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
the games in question arent selling well. who wants to pay $25 for tigers in july?
They are giving you two games for the price of one if you attended today's game. Seems more than fair to me. If not, giving you a premier game to switch to is decent even if, as you say, the games were not selling well.
You would perhaps prefer a ticket to a sold out game?

DaBears
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
I was shocked that this series with the Yankees was not sold out up-front. Maybe the weather has something to do with it.

I think the series isnt sold out because we play the Yankmes 7 times at home this year. As opposed to the normal 3 or 4...Econimics-Supply and Demand at its finest!

ewokpelts
05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
They are giving you two games for the price of one if you attended today's game. Seems more than fair to me. If not, giving you a premier game to switch to is decent even if, as you say, the games were not selling well.
You would perhaps prefer a ticket to a sold out game?did you read that as a complaint? i was simply answering someone's question. my only complaint is that it's pretty stupid to charge 25 bucks to see the tiger son a monday night in july. and the sox are learinf how stupid that was with lower than expected sales.