PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs. Royals 4/6 @ Kaufmann Stadium

RichieRichAllen
03-28-2002, 11:59 AM
Just purchased a pair of Club Box Seats for me and the wife at the game next weekend! Right next to the press box behind the first base line. I am pumped!!!

This will be my first game at Kaufmann Stadium. It'll be my wife's first MLB game (she's from South America, so I'll be giving her Baseball 101 lessons). I'll tell 'ya...it makes you feel like a kid again (and at almost 43, that's not an easy accomplishment anymore).

OK, just had to share. The rest of the day has been set in a positive tone (no matter what stupid move KW pulls today).

Anybody else ever been to Kaufmann? I've seen the Sox at Oakland Coliseum (several times), Camden Yards and the old Brewers Stadium. Add another to the list.

:gulp:

OutInLeftField
03-28-2002, 01:09 PM
Sounds great. Have an excellent time.

I went down there for what should have been the last game of last season. It's a nice stadium. It is by no means on the level of the newer megastadiums. The park is WAY outside of KC so keep that in mind if you stay in KC.

Unfortunately, no one goes to their games (sound familiar?) The people of KC hate the owner and from what I heard, rightfully so. But they are doing some things better than the Sox. (Super cheap tickets etc.) I think my ticket was $6 and we somehow got one of the four for free as well. (I would explain further but none of us were able to grasp this "fan friendly" concept.)

It is right next to Arrowhead so that is cool as well.

Make sure you get some world class BBQ as well. Gotta love cattle country.

Enjoy!

seventytwo
03-28-2002, 02:16 PM
Kaufmann is a great stadium. The fountains are a nice touch, and since they went to real grass--it's one of my favorites.

I go down there a couple of times a year (from Omaha) to watch the Sox when they're in town. The stadium is about 5 minutes from the Plaza--really the only place you should stay (if this is an issue)

There are also a couple of hotels right next to the Truman Sports Complex.

I might make the trip for that weekend too, see ya there!

Cheryl
03-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen

Anybody else ever been to Kaufmann? I've seen the Sox at Oakland Coliseum (several times), Camden Yards and the old Brewers Stadium. Add another to the list.

:gulp:

Yup. I like Kaufmann, especially since they put grass back in it. Sightlines are good from just about everywhere, the fountains really do help when it's hot out--not something you'll have to deal with in April, but when I was there in August a few years ago it was a plus.