PDA

View Full Version : "Plenty of Matt Abbatacolas"

SpartanSoxFan
05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
A few games ago I remember Hawk saying something like, "This game has had a lot of Matt Abbatacolas in it." What in God's Holy name was he blathering about??? I thought Matt Abbatacola was a radio host on 670 The Score????:dunno:

HotelWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't know the details, but he said something on the show years ago, where he would name something after him. I think it has to do with a broken bat or something. It's gotten lame.

CosmRoksTHHP
05-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I believe it is a broken bat base hit.

SpartanSoxFan
05-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Thats the good 'ol Hawkaroo for ya...:?:

BanditJimmy
05-15-2007, 02:59 AM
I don't know the details, but he said something on the show years ago, where he would name something after him. I think it has to do with a broken bat or something. It's gotten lame.

Stuff like that is what makes Hawk the "Good Hawk."

The "Bad Hawk" to me is any time the team is losing he either goes out and hides out (silence) or he starts playing the company line and every excuse in the book comes out (weather, schedule, etc).

MUsoxfan
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Thats the good 'ol Hawkaroo for ya...:?:

If I was living some far-reaching state and heard him use this term on WGN, I'd be out of my mind crazy about what this guy is talking about.

I enjoy his homerism, because after all he's "my" homer....but all I ask is the guy describe a play properly

Huisj
05-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Stuff like that is what makes Hawk the "Good Hawk."

The "Bad Hawk" to me is any time the team is losing he either goes out and hides out (silence) or he starts playing the company line and every excuse in the book comes out (weather, schedule, etc).

Bad Hawk is when they play teams like KC and he goes on and on about how every crappy player on their roster is pretty much an all star and sometimes you just gotta tip you cap to them because it's all you can do when they are dominating you. He says crap like that about more mediocre players than anyone I've ever heard.

D. TODD
05-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I think he is referring to his golf game. Weak bloopers remind him of his golf shots: WEAK! Hence "there's another Matt Abatacola"

FedEx227
05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Bad Hawk is when they play teams like KC and he goes on and on about how every crappy player on their roster is pretty much an all star and sometimes you just gotta tip you cap to them because it's all you can do when they are dominating you. He says crap like that about more mediocre players than anyone I've ever heard.

Yeah, don't forget in 2003-2004, he would proclaim that Tony Pena (then manager) was likely to lead the Royals to at least two championships before his tenure was up.

veeter
05-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Hawk has been nearly unlistenable the last couple of weeks.

stl_sox_fan
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Yeah, don't forget in 2003-2004, he would proclaim that Tony Pena (then manager) was likely to lead the Royals to at least two championships before his tenure was up.

I had to laugh during Saturday's game. After Sweeney's HR, Hawk said(paraphrasing), "I've always said, that kid is going to hit 25-30 Homers regularly". :?:

INSox56
05-15-2007, 03:01 PM
I know it's at least for a broken bat...don't know about the broken bat single. I'm pretty sure it's just every broken bat regardless of a hit or not. I think it's pretty funny actually

chaerulez
05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
People who are aware of Hawk's announcing style shouldn't be surprised about this.