PDA

View Full Version : Outfield obstructed view seats

ChiSox524
05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I was looking to buy some bleacher tickets for the yankees game, and I remember someone telling me that some seats in the outfield are obstructed by the fan deck. Could someone please tell me where the obstructed view seats are, if there even are any.

Thanks for any help!

DumpJerry
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
None really. If you're right up against the Fan Deck area in a high row, you won't see some of Center Field.

ChiSox524
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
None really. If you're right up against the Fan Deck area in a high row, you won't see some of Center Field.

So its really only section 164 for the bleachers, and 100 for the lower reserves in a high row, right?

DumpJerry
05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
So its really only section 164 for the bleachers, and 100 for the lower reserves in a high row, right?
Probably. I've sat in 100 around row 10 or so and there were no probs.

You can always get up and move around.

FARMEO
05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I sat in 163 and the view was obstructed as well since I was too close the "fan" deck. I tried to go on the "fan" deck to get a better view, but it was closed.

TDog
05-14-2007, 11:33 PM
There are some obstructed-view seats behind the foul poles. I've never watched a game from such a seat, so I don't know how severe the obstructions are. Most of the obstructed views are of the outfield in seats near the fandeck.

The older parks have a lot of obstructed views. There are the roof and upper deck supports, but upper decks that aren't steep enough have obstructed views beyond the front rows. The seats below the home run porch in right field in Miller Park may not be technically obstructed-view, but it's difficult to see or hear the game from there because you can't follow the ball when it's hit in the air. They are really lousy seats.

The centerfield fandeck in the Cell is a popular addition to the park, but the price is some obstructed views.