PDA

View Full Version : Ross Gload on the DL

jenn2080
05-14-2007, 02:20 PM
:(: KANSAS CITY -- The Royals added some infield depth and promoted a familiar face Sunday. Kansas City recalled shortstop Angel Berroa from Triple-A Omaha and placed Ross Gload (strained quadriceps) on the 15 day disabled list.

link (http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070514&content_id=1964109&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc)

ND_Sox_Fan
05-14-2007, 02:22 PM
He looked like he was limping/dragging his right leg this weekend.

spiffie
05-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, there goes K.C.'s chances this season.

CLR01
05-14-2007, 03:40 PM
He must have the same broken heart Anderson has.

MUsoxfan
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
That's bad news for KC. Ross was knocking the ball around nicely and Berroa is a liability everywhere near that field

DumpJerry
05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
He looked like he was limping/dragging his right leg this weekend.
Hey ND, this thread is about Ross Gload, not the Sox' performance on Sunday.

Oh wait, you right leg, I though you said the body looked lifeless. My bad.

IndianWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 06:01 AM
:whocares:threadsucks

ND_Sox_Fan
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM

The thread is in "Talking Baseball" - Ross plays major league baseball and is a 4-day per week player for a team in our division. I appreciate knowing that he went on the DL.

IndianWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 09:59 AM
The thread is in "Talking Baseball" - Ross plays major league baseball and is a 4-day per week player for a team in our division. I appreciate knowing that he went on the DL.

Even then, this guy isn't Teahen, Sweeney or any of other those Sox killing bastards on the Royals who kill the Sox on a consistent basis. This is Ross ****ing Gload, that why I say who cares. I really don't think him being out would affect the Royals one bit. Though I have to admit, I feel sorry for the guy if anything.

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Even then, this guy isn't Teahen, Sweeney or any of other those Sox killing bastards on the Royals who kill the Sox on a consistent basis. This is Ross ****ing Gload, that why I say who cares. I really don't think him being out would affect the Royals one bit. Though I have to admit, I feel sorry for the guy if anything.

Ex-Sox players usually get a thread about them if something happens, especially those that contributed to the 2005 team. This shouldn't come as a shock to you. I mean, we're not talking about Cody Ross' current stint on the DL here.

jenn2080
05-15-2007, 11:15 AM

Because he is not Derek Jeter or Paulie he should not be allowed a thread that he is on the DL for 15 days? :rolleyes:

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. The Royals need him.

soxfan13
05-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Because he is not Derek Jeter or Paulie he should not be allowed a thread that he is on the DL for 15 days? :rolleyes:

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. The Royals need him.

Im boycotting Ross Gload:redneck

Dan Mega
05-15-2007, 11:41 AM

This is where the ignore button comes in handy.:cool:

With that being said I wish a speedy recovery for Ross.

ondafarm
05-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry for Ross. He finally is getting regular playing time and something pops up. Get well, come back and bust up those Tigers, Indians and Twins for us.

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry for Ross. He finally is getting regular playing time and something pops up. Get well, come back and bust up those Tigers, Indians and Twins for us.

Hold up, are you talking about Ross Gload or Cody Ross?

:tongue:

FedEx227
05-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Hold up, are you talking about Ross Gload or Cody Ross?

:tongue:

I think it can be agreed that both of the Ross' need their own thread.

JB98
05-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Ex-Sox players usually get a thread about them if something happens, especially those that contributed to the 2005 team. This shouldn't come as a shock to you. I mean, we're not talking about Cody Ross' current stint on the DL here.

Ross contributed to the 2005 team? When the hell did this happen?

OK, I guess he did have a double in Cleveland in Game 160. That really hurt the Indians' chances. We already had our position locked up though.

itsnotrequired
05-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Ross contributed to the 2005 team? When the hell did this happen?

OK, I guess he did have a double in Cleveland in Game 160. That really hurt the Indians' chances. We already had our position locked up though.

He played in 28 games in 2005 and had 42 ABs. You better believe he contributed. Shingo, Borchard, hell, even Burke should hold a special spot in all Sox fan hearts, if only for the 2005 season.

Either way, it is a MLB player being discussed in the Talking Baseball forum. What's the problem?

esbrechtel
05-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Don't be such a grouch, if you do not care don't read the thread....The title even said said Ross Gload on the DL, save yourself the time and just don't read it

Chips
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
http://whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/gload.gif

JB98
05-17-2007, 03:28 AM
He played in 28 games in 2005 and had 42 ABs. You better believe he contributed. Shingo, Borchard, hell, even Burke should hold a special spot in all Sox fan hearts, if only for the 2005 season.

Either way, it is a MLB player being discussed in the Talking Baseball forum. What's the problem?

Sorry, I don't have a special place in my heart for Gload, Borchard or Burke. In fact, I don't have a special place in my heart for Shingo either, even though I liked him much more than those other three.Gload didn't do crap for us in '05. He was hurt all year.

Soxfanspcu11
05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
This is where the ignore button comes in handy.:cool:

With that being said I wish a speedy recovery for Ross.

You know, I never really understood the point of the "ignore" button. I mean, this is a Sox message board with fans who all have different view points. I mean, don't you want to read the opinions and comments of people who think differently than you? I mean, don't you think that it would be pretty boring if everyone just agreed with each other?

Also, if you have a user ignored and they say something in a thread, you may be missing a very important part of the specific discussion. And thus, you won't know exactly what's going on in the thread and not be able to respond the way that you want.

I could understand if it was someone like Timberwolf, who keeps bashing the Sox and never stops. But that's only in extreme circumstances that the "ignore" button should be used. At least IMHO. All that being said, please don't "ignore" me!!! I WON'T BE IGNORED!!!! (Linkin Park joke) :tongue:

Don't be such a grouch, if you do not care don't read the thread....The title even said said Ross Gload on the DL, save yourself the time and just don't read it

I agree with you to a point. However, what is the point of having the "Who Cares" and "This Thread Sucks" tags if people are not going to use them? Infact, I think that that is the specific reason that they were made for use on WSI.

Sorry, I don't have a special place in my heart for Gload, Borchard or Burke. In fact, I don't have a special place in my heart for Shingo either, even though I liked him much more than those other three.Gload didn't do crap for us in '05. He was hurt all year.

You may not have a special place in your heart, but a lot of people, myself included do.

EVERYONE associated with that 2005 team will FOREVER have a place in my heart. I mean, they gave us our only championship in recent memory and there is no gurantee that they will ever do it again (although thats highly unlikely, but you never know). If I ever run into ANYONE associated with that team, I will gladly buy them a drink, for the rest of my life.

And although Ross didn't do that much during the 2005 season, the best memory that I have of him was something that occurred last year, the 2006 season.

That grand slam in Baltimore when the Sox were in a crazy slump. I'm sure that pretty much everyone remembers that game. It was a great moment and it really made me love Ross.

If the Sox had gone on to make the playoffs last year and ended up winning the World Series, that single moment would have been looked back on as one of the key moments of the year. That alone makes me a Ross Gload fan.

As an aside, it was really nice to see the ovation that he got on Friday when he came up for his first at bat. Gene Honda did a great job of introducing him. Something along the lines of, "Sox fans, please welcome back Ross Gload!" And he said it in a very friendly and exciting way. The ovation that he recieved from all of us was really nice to see as well.

I wish Ross all the best. I feel bad for him that he had to go from a very solid, contending team to, well, the Royals. That clubhouse in Kansas City can't be a very happy place to be these days.

Get well soon Ross!!!