PDA

View Full Version : Homerun Fireworks

nevr say dye sox
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
I was at the game Friday and was wondering if anybody else noticed that there wasn't any firworks after AJ hit his homerun. I was waiting and waiting and nothing! Anybody else notice this. I can't remember a time that this ever happened.

jenn2080
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah, the dogs.

Norberto7
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
On the broadcast they said they didn't shoot them off to avoid spooking the dogs.

nevr say dye sox
05-14-2007, 10:13 AM
make sense! Thanks!

Hitmen77
05-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I heard the Sox were going to stop shooting off fireworks until Dye, Crede, and Konerko get their averages about .220.

gobears1987
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Speaking of not being present, where was Nancy on Sunday? I'm not sure where she was. If I had to wager a guess I would say she missed for mother's day. Can anyone confirm that?

FARMEO
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Speaking of things missing, there was no "Kiss Him Goodbye" during a pitching change on Friday, so much for tradition. I need to go to more day games to hear Nancy.

WhiteSox5187
05-15-2007, 12:19 AM
There was no "Kiss Him Goodbye" during a pitching change on Friday, so much for tradition. I need to go to more day games to hear Nancy.
Ya think they could get a tape even for that...Nancy isn't going to live forever, we gotta keep that tradition alive!

DaBears
05-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Ya think they could get a tape even for that...Nancy isn't going to live forever, we gotta keep that tradition alive!

I totally agree! last year after Nancy decided to play for day games only, I was quite upset at this song missing! I know that noone can play it like Nancy does LIVE, but please let me at least here a tape recording of her when she isn't there!

Someone email Brooks!

RadioheadRocks
05-15-2007, 02:59 AM

Well there was a vinyl LP of her music from the mid-1980s called "Crowd Pleasing Favorites", as well as a cassette tape that was issued in the mid-1990s ("Nancy Faust's Favorites"). I think the cassette may still be available at the gift shop on the 100 level; the LP has been out of print for years. (I still have both of them in my collection)

Unfortunately none of these were ever issued on CD :(:

DumpJerry
05-15-2007, 06:35 AM
What I'm really puzzled about on Sunday was the missing offense and pitching. Was there an announcement I missed?

spiffie
05-15-2007, 09:49 AM
What I'm really puzzled about on Sunday was the missing offense and pitching. Was there an announcement I missed?
The Sox were thinking about the pink bats being auctioned off and thus kept the bats pristine so they would fetch more money for breast cancer research. Sadly the Royals are big fans of cancer so they just abused those pink bats.

DumpJerry
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
The Sox were thinking about the pink bats being auctioned off and thus kept the bats pristine so they would fetch more money for breast cancer research. Sadly the Royals are big fans of cancer so they just abused those pink bats.
Ok, but what about the pitching? Why didn't they just throw it past those abusers?