PDA

View Full Version : The Yankees stagger into Chicago

Fenway
05-14-2007, 09:38 AM
White Sox will miss seeing Andy Pettitte and hopefully White Sox bats will wake up after seeing Yankees pitching.

The Yanks are now in pure panic mode

Damon and his teammates watched the out-of-town scoreboard in amazement as the Red Sox scored six runs in the ninth to defeat the Orioles. Bottom line, they lead the Yanks by eight games.

"If the Red Sox keep playing the way they are," Damon said yesterday, "nobody is going to catch them."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/05/14/2007-05-14_bomber_bats__spirits_sinking.html

palehozenychicty
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
It will be a good series. The Sox always play the Yankees really tough, and this ten-game series will be critical to playoff hopes/seeding.

Fenway
05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
It will be a good series. The Sox always play the Yankees really tough, and this ten-game series will be critical to playoff hopes/seeding.

The next 10 days could break NYY. 3 with Chicago, 3 with the Mets and then 3 with Boston

I am looking foward to Boston's 4 game with Murder City as I really wonder just how good the Red Sox may be.

meanwhile nyyfans.com has this thread

The Official "Sweep the White Sox" Thread (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=103547)

SBSoxFan
05-14-2007, 10:39 AM
The next 10 days could break NYY. 3 with Chicago, 3 with the Mets and then 3 with Boston

I am looking foward to Boston's 4 game with Murder City as I really wonder just how good the Red Sox may be.

The Official "Sweep the White Sox" Thread (http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=103547)

Wow. That sounds a lot like this board. :D:

spiffie
05-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Bernie Williams is like the nyyfans.com version of Aaron Rowand, only about 40 years older.

Fenway
05-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Bernie Williams is like the nyyfans.com version of Aaron Rowand, only about 40 years older.

getting good over at nyyfans.com the White Sox fans are showing up now and somebody posted a link back to here

palehozenychicty
05-14-2007, 11:45 AM
I love how they don't think we can beat them. :D:

Scottiehaswheels
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
I love how they don't think we can beat them. :D:I would love to see Danks toss a no-no tomorrow.....

itsnotrequired
05-14-2007, 11:50 AM
getting good over at nyyfans.com the White Sox fans are showing up now and somebody posted a link back to here

Are you 'chisox'?

:redneck

palehozenychicty
05-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I would love to see Danks toss a no-no tomorrow.....

The Yankees are so arrogant that they would just say the bats got exchanged in the flight, affecting their performance. :rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
05-14-2007, 12:00 PM
I love how they don't think we can beat them. :D:

You'd think the Yankees were actually good. So they go 17-19 against a soft schedule, compared to what they are abut to embark on, and their fans think they are just going to walk all over the Sox.

To hell with them.

Clearly they should be cocky after that impressive effort against Seattle pitching yesterday.

HotelWhiteSox
05-14-2007, 12:08 PM
The only thing I'm really worried about is getting shutdown by a guy like DeSalvo, you know about us and young pitchers...

Fenway
05-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Are you 'chisox'?

:redneck

that is not me I wear my Red Sox hat at nyyfans.com ...................

Paulwny
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Tough sched. for the tankmees coming up, 12 games against the sox, mets, bosox and angels.
If the yankmees lose 7 or 8 games in these series look for King George to be sending either Cashman and/or Torre to the guillotine. :D:

Fenway
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Tough sched. for the tankmees coming up, 12 games against the sox, mets, bosox and angels.
If the yankmees lose 7 or 8 games in these series look for King George to be sending either Cashman and/or Torre to the guillotine. :D:

If the Mets sweep them the lifeboats will be full

Scottiehaswheels
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Whats with that asshat's Harvard comment? Last I checked, the Bronx isn't exactly full of rocket scientists....

gobears1987
05-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Danks will beat Mussina. He hasn't had a single bad outing all year despite facing some tough opposition.

Wang will have a shot of beating Contreras, but Contreras also can easily beat Wang. It will depend on if our offense shows up. Contreras has looked good lately.

The final game will be a joke. Garland is going to get another W.

If I were a betting man, I'd say 2 of 3.

INSox56
05-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I won't talk about their arrogance or our possibilities of winning until we start actually hitting. There's reason for them to have confidence, IMO. Their lineup right now is hitting a bit better than our's and we can't hit **** no matter who's pitching, so I think these three games are just going to be a battle between two teams who suck bad right now. I just get a feeling they'll squeek some out. Sure our pitching is good, but we sure as hell can lose 1-0, 2-0 even with that good pitching performance

HotelWhiteSox
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM
I think the Yankees will be fine. I think they'll take the WC. Great lineup, pitching has been slightly better, and they'll get a boost with Clemens/injuries healing up. Haven't seen them enough to comment about their bullpen. To me they're still the Yankees, I'm excited to go see some of the games, will definately get there early for BP.

I'm not sure about the first game. I always remember Mussina giving us problems, and this'll rank up there with the top offenses that Danks has faced. I like our chances in the next 2 games, but it'll all go on the pitching, and again (well ESPN and MLB have 2 different pitchers listed for Thurs), I hope some young nonamer doesn't shut us down (let's hope their not Moyer style pitchers)

JB98
05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Meh. I'm not going to talk any trash about this series. IMO, Yankee fans shouldn't be talking trash either. Both of these teams have high expectations, and neither has met them to this point in the season.

DumpJerry
05-14-2007, 06:24 PM
and then 3 with Boston

Is it me, or does it seem like the Yanks and Red Sox play each other every other week?

chisoxmike
05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
You know, neither team is doing that good right now, so I find it funny that the Yankees fans think they're going to sweep us. We have better pitching, they have better hitting. It's amazing to me how much other team's fans hate us and never give us any credit.

If the Yankees were go wire to wire and win a World Series again, they would demand that baseball never be played again.

DumpJerry
05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
You know, neither team is doing that good right now, so I find it funny that the Yankees fans think they're going to sweep us. We have better pitching, they have better hitting. It's amazing to me how much other team's fans hate us and never give us any credit.

If the Yankees were go wire to wire and win a World Series again, they would demand that baseball never be played again.
Better hitting? A-Rod has cooled off now that the teams have done their advancing scouting work on him.

chisoxmike
05-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Better hitting? A-Rod has cooled off now that the teams have done their advancing scouting work on him.

Better hitting than us at least...

Frontman
05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Honestly, I'm not about to throw up the white flag, but I'm not feeling too great about the Sox chances of winning the Yankees series, much less sweeping them. The batting has just been awful now for four weeks running.

Man, I hope we can just light the Evil Empire up, but I'm just not thrilled about this series as I've been in the past.

Frontman
05-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like the Yanks and Red Sox play each other every other week?

I honestly think its every 10-12 days. While they ARE in the same division, it just seems that every other weekend has a Sawks/Yanks series.

MarySwiss
05-14-2007, 07:17 PM

It seems that way because before every Yanks/Sawx series, the whole country gets two weeks of hype and then once the series is over, instead of giving the rest of us a break from the endless crap, the whole country gets two weeks of replay and analysis and similar bull****.

I really would love to see both teams kidnapped by space aliens. Even though I realize that would mean the end of civilization as we know it.

ChiSoxGirl
05-14-2007, 07:32 PM

My uncle (unclegary) always tells me, "Good pitching, beats good hitting." 2005 ALDS anyone? Boston was supposed to come in and take the series from the "lowly" White Sox. Well, good pitching beat good hitting then, and I think it'll do the same against the Yankees this week.

veeter
05-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Do they know they're playing the south side team from Chicago?

oeo
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM

Well, their problems lately have actually come from the offensive side. So hopefully our pitching continues doing what they're doing, shuts them down, and the bats come alive.

PKalltheway
05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
This series can go either way with the way these teams have been going. That being said, I hope that the Sox can royally kick the Yankees' ass.:D: :cool:

FireMariotti
05-15-2007, 02:37 AM

Seems like it. If ESPN made the schedules the Red Sox and Yanks would play each other 162 times.

IndianWhiteSox
05-15-2007, 05:03 AM

For the next three days I'll feel like this guy:

:yankeessuck

Fenway, was that you back in 1995?
:tongue:

DumpJerry
05-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Don't tell anyone, but I did something at Grander Bash last weekend to ensure we will sweep the Yanks this week.

I put an October, 2007 calender on the visiting clubhouse wall.:redneck

Fenway
05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
For the next three days I'll feel like this guy:

:yankeessuck

Fenway, was that you back in 1995?
:tongue:

The love for the Bronx Bombers is universal :tongue:

Yes it is May but you stsrt crunching numbers the Yankees have to wake up now or it may be over before Roger even arrives. If Boston played .500 the final 125 games they would be at 89 wins and the Red Sox show know signs of being a .500 team. ( However it looks like Beckett will go to the 15 day DL )

They are very worried in da Bronx

Mets and Red Sox series typically hovers over the Yankees in the days leading up to the games, but if they're not careful, the Bomb-ers could lose more ground if they look past the White Sox."You can't worry about the Mets when you're playing Chicago; you can't worry about Boston," Derek Jeter said. "Chicago is tough. Hopefully we'll regroup, come out and play better."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/05/15/2007-05-15_may_days_may_mean_mayday.html
By MIKE LUPICA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS COLUMNIST
Posted Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 4:00 AM
In Chicago tonight, the Yankees begin a dirty dozen of games against the White Sox, Mets, Red Sox, Angels. It is a schedule rougher than Lindsay Lohan's. When asked about those 12 games yesterday, Brian Cashman invoked the language of 12-step programs.
"We have to take things a day at a time," the Yankee manager said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/05/15/2007-05-15_old_swagger_now_staggered.html

balke
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
They could be catching the White Sox at the wrong time. These bats are gonna wake up against someone. I can see Crede, Dye, and Konerko showing up big against NY. Great players like to put on a show for the fans. I'm hoping these next 2 series will be the big breakouts for the bats. It'll be tougher for the pitchers, as there's two great lineups they are facing, so they have to get some hitting.

palehozenychicty
05-15-2007, 08:52 AM
They could be catching the White Sox at the wrong time. These bats are gonna wake up against someone. I can see Crede, Dye, and Konerko showing up big against NY. Great players like to put on a show for the fans. I'm hoping these next 2 series will be the big breakouts for the bats. It'll be tougher for the pitchers, as there's two great lineups they are facing, so they have to get some hitting.

I feel that way as well, but these guys aren't a good matchup with the Moose if he feels right. He is the king of junkballers and our guys as we know tend to swing at everything. The next two games I like our chances better.

balke
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I feel that way as well, but these guys aren't a good matchup with the Moose if he feels right. He is the king of junkballers and our guys as we know tend to swing at everything. The next two games I like our chances better.

Dye can hit him probably.

Career vs M. Mussina 47 ABs .404 avg. 2HR 8 RBI

WizardsofOzzie
05-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Better hitting than us at least...
I've seen t-ball squads hit better than us right now, so that's not too hard to accomplish :tongue:

MarySwiss
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, Fens! I see you got a shout-out on that "Sweep the Sox" thread. Congrats, guy! :cool:

Frontman
05-17-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm glad I was wrong with my gut feeling. Let's win the first leg of the "Crosstown Classic" White Sox!

Fenway
05-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey, Fens! I see you got a shout-out on that "Sweep the Sox" thread. Congrats, guy! :cool:

LOL so I see.

Zisk77
05-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Danks will beat Mussina. He hasn't had a single bad outing all year despite facing some tough opposition.

Wang will have a shot of beating Contreras, but Contreras also can easily beat Wang. It will depend on if our offense shows up. Contreras has looked good lately.

The final game will be a joke. Garland is going to get another W.

If I were a betting man, I'd say 2 of 3.

:?: :?:

White City
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
gobears1987, you nailed this series! And by nailed it, I don't infer a double entendre. Let's leave Jose's off-day regimen out of this.

voodoochile
05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
gobears1987, you nailed this series! And by nailed it, I don't infer a double entendre. Let's leave Jose's off-day regimen out of this.

Okay, next dick joke gets a week off...