05-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Put on a defensive clinic.

:uribe:

Well that sucked.

BanditJimmy
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Put on a defensive clinic.

Well that sucked.

a patient in that "clinic" appears to be Iguchi. He's got have his head somewhere other than baseball right now, he can't suck this bad from one year to the next.

veeter
05-13-2007, 04:16 PM
The Sox really tend to lay eggs on Sundays. That's ok, another series win. Let's get 2 of 3 from the yanks.

BanditJimmy
05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
The Sox really tend to lay eggs on Sundays. That's ok, another series win. Let's get 2 of 3 from the yanks.

When you plan to win Division Championships, settling on 2 of 3 at home vs the worst team in the AL is not going to cut it. You have to sweep bad teams.

QCIASOXFAN
05-13-2007, 04:22 PM
:lol: That is so true.

It's Dankerific
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
No, its much more important to rest all your left handed starters against the starting pitcher who has a much worse batting average against lefties.

When you plan to win Division Championships, settling on 2 of 3 at home vs the worst team in the AL is not going to cut it. You have to sweep bad teams.

CHISOXFAN13
05-13-2007, 04:32 PM

Guess the Tigers don't have what it takes then either since they also lost a game in a series at home against KC.

Please.

BanditJimmy
05-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Guess the Tigers don't have what it takes then either since they also lost a game in a series at home against KC.

Please.

Last I checked, the Tigers are ahead of us in the standings .... Am I correct?

chidonez
05-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm not crushed by losing a game to KC, but 3 hits? C'mon... At least show up to compete.

ilsox7
05-13-2007, 05:14 PM

Please.

Just ignore the BS. People love making sweeping generalizations. They think it makes them look smart. Bottom line is this team has not hit for 7 weeks and is still 2 games over .500 and not buried in the division. They also haven't played an easy schedule. Some people will look at that and be optimistic, thinking that the hits will start coming soon along with tons of wins. Some people will look at that and think that the team will never hit. Nothing anyone says here will change soneone's views.

ondafarm
05-13-2007, 05:46 PM
The Sox ran into a kid giving one heck of a pitching performance. It happens. You tip your cap to the kid and say, "Lets get ready for the Yanks."

Brian26
05-13-2007, 06:39 PM

Don't be a smartass. The poster made a valid point.

BanditJimmy
05-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Don't be a smartass. The poster made a valid point.

I think he was being a smartass before me.

My point is that we need a killer instinct and when facing bad teams and taking the first 2 games of a series, why can't we go for the kill and sweep them? And why can we only score 8 runs in the entire series vs one of the worst pitching staffs in the game?

Everyone has been bitching about how difficult the schedule has been and the one chance you have to beat up on a bad team, you only score 8 runs in 3 games and barely take 2 of 3. The same thing pissed me off about the SEA series. No way should we have been swept in those 2 games up there. That's another team with an ERA near 5!

oeo
05-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Yep, we have to go 19-0 against the Royals. That's entirely possible.

We're 4-1 against them, for God's sake.

Yep, by four games. That's with playing the Royals four more times than ourselves. The Tigers' schedule has been W-E-A-K, WEAK, so far; as a matter of fact, it's been the weakest in the American League.

ilsox7
05-14-2007, 01:34 AM
I think he was being a smartass before me.

My point is that we need a killer instinct and when facing bad teams and taking the first 2 games of a series, why can't we go for the kill and sweep them? And why can we only score 8 runs in the entire series vs one of the worst pitching staffs in the game?

Everyone has been bitching about how difficult the schedule has been and the one chance you have to beat up on a bad team, you only score 8 runs in 3 games and barely take 2 of 3. The same thing pissed me off about the SEA series. No way should we have been swept in those 2 games up there. That's another team with an ERA near 5!

What you said here is entirely different than your first statement of, "We have to sweep bad teams." Needing a killer instinct? Yes. Going for sweeps when the opportunity is there? Yes. Scoring only 8 runs being pathetic? Yes. Having to sweep KC? No.

BanditJimmy
05-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Having to sweep KC? No.

I just think there should be more of an urgency to maybe have swept KC this weekend being that the Yankees (even if their pitching stinks we sure can't hit a College team right now and they make up more than enough with that offense) will be here for 3, then the Cubs (always a tough series) for 3, and a pretty good pitching Oakland team (God if we can't hit KC, I don't want to see OAK right now) for 3 after that.

These are the teams I consider bad in the AL and they are very few:

1. KC
2. Tex
3. Balt
4. TB
5. Sea (not enough pitching to play .500 ball this season IMO)

Against that bunch we are 6 -4 so far. We have already dropped 40% of our games versus the bottom of the league.

8-2 would be acceptable right now, take away two losses and we are only 1 game behind Detroit in the loss column right now for 1st place with 9 very difficult games to play in the next 2 weeks.

Just my thought.

ilsox7
05-14-2007, 02:46 AM
I just think there should be more of an urgency to maybe have swept KC this weekend being that the Yankees (even if their pitching stinks we sure can't hit a College team right now and they make up more than enough with that offense) will be here for 3, then the Cubs (always a tough series) for 3, and a pretty good pitching Oakland team (God if we can't hit KC, I don't want to see OAK right now) for 3 after that.

These are the teams I consider bad in the AL and they are very few:

1. KC
2. Tex
3. Balt
4. TB
5. Sea (not enough pitching to play .500 ball this season IMO)

Against that bunch we are 6 -4 so far. We have already dropped 40% of our games versus the bottom of the league.

8-2 would be acceptable right now, take away two losses and we are only 1 game behind Detroit in the loss column right now for 1st place with 9 very difficult games to play in the next 2 weeks.

Just my thought.

The way I look at things is as follows:

We've flat-out sucked on offense right now. Yet, we are on pace to win 86 games against a non-creampuff schedule. Obviously, if we continue to suck on offense, chances are we go nowhere. But as bad as we've been thus far, we haven't played our way out of the division. Get to Memorial Day within 5 games of the division lead and show signs of using wood bats during the games and I'll be pleased, all things considered.