PDA

View Full Version : question

JDub35
05-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Does anyone know who the grey haired middle aged man to the left of home plate closer to first base about five rows up that is in EVERY CAMERA Shot?

This dude is at EVERY GAME regardless of time of day or weather. Could you please tell me who this is?

I want his life.

RadioheadRocks
05-13-2007, 12:48 AM
That would be the M&Ms guy :smile:

Mots09
05-13-2007, 01:14 AM
M and M meaning Mars Company?

downstairs
05-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Maybe he works for the team or baseball?

MySoxAreClean
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
True Sox fan?

MarySwiss
05-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Maybe he works for the team or baseball?

That's what MrMarySwiss thinks, too. When I first noticed him, I realized he looks a lot like a friend of mine from Chicago; in fact, I could have sworn that's who he was. But this friend is a rabid Cubs fan, so no way.

Jjav829
05-13-2007, 10:33 AM
That would be the M&Ms guy :smile:

Wrong guy. The OP is talking about the guy who looks kind of like Richard Gere who sits behind the visitors dugout, about 2 rows up and usually on the aisle seat. He's visible on closeup camera shots of lefty hitters.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Wrong guy. The OP is talking about the guy who looks kind of like Richard Gere who sits behind the visitors dugout, about 2 rows up and usually on the aisle seat. He's visible on closeup camera shots of lefty hitters.

I've noticed this guy, too. How can you miss him? He is on-camera multiple times every inning of every home game. Every season he is on television more than anybody else -- including any of the Sox players!
:smile:

Two thoughts on this guy...

1.) If he still works (and he may not), it is obviously someplace where he can't get in trouble for spending most of his adult life at the ballpark. That's a sweet gig.
:thumbsup:

2.) He must enjoy being in the limelight because by now he must know he is going to constantly be on TV sitting in that seat. As a season ticketholder, he could certainly move to new seats if he wanted to.

I'm guessing he gets a lot of unsolicited offers from his "fans".
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cbone
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Pretty funny, my wife and I have been talking about this for a few years. We figured:

A. Doesn't need to work.

B. Going to EVERY Sox game is part of his job description.

C. Has the stupidest boss in the world.

Anyway you slice it.. He's got it pretty good. :gulp:

LongLiveFisk
05-13-2007, 11:35 AM
LOL--I thought I was the only one who noticed this guy. I pointed him out to my brother once and now he and his girlfriend want to go and talk to him at a game. (:rolleyes: ) Not that they'd be the first people to ask him stupid questions, I'm sure, but I'd have to guess he's a wealthy business owner who makes his own schedule, and obviously schedules himself around every Sox home game. He's had that same seat for years now. Must be nice, huh? :smile:

Steelrod
05-13-2007, 11:40 AM
He is a podiatrist and makes his schedule around the Sox schedule!

PaleHoseGeorge
05-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Are you a podiatrist?

:wink:

Mots09
05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Has anyone talked to this celebrity before at a game?

The Immigrant
05-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Several minority owners have seats in the area behind the visitor dugout. I know this because I sometimes buy tickets from one of them (first row in section 125). The people in that area all seem to know each other really well. When I asked my "connection" how come he chooses to sit on the visitor side, he replied that (i) you get a getter view for right-handed batters and (ii) the visitor side is directly below the owner's box, so it's a much quicker route upstairs.

Steelrod
05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Are you a podiatrist?

Nope

sodfatherjunior
05-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Has anyone talked to this celebrity before at a game?

My family refers to him as "the guy." Whenever we watch the game my dad always makes sure to say, there's the guy, in his usual spot. We happened to see him heading to his seat while on the concourse during the Rangers series. My dad spotted him and started a conversation with him telling him that we see him on tv every game. He said he loves the place and has had season tickets for years and worked his way up to get those seats. Him and his brother have the tickets. He never seems to be eating or drinking anything either, just water usually and doesn't seem to express too much emotions over any big hits or strikeouts.

beckett21
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Are you a podiatrist?

I am, but it's not me. Unfortunately. :redneck

I don't know the guy either, at least I don't think I do. I'll have to look a little closer now if indeed this is true.

I will vouch for the podiatry 'lifestyle' being very flexible, depending upon the practice. Generally I can take time off pretty much when I want to. I haven't reached the point of my career yet where I can afford that much time off though. Some day...:bandance:

LongLiveFisk
05-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I am, but it's not me. Unfortunately. :redneck

Unfortunately, huh? So I guess you want to be mistaken for Richard Gere? :wink: :redneck

beckett21
05-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, huh? So I guess you want to be mistaken for Richard Gere? :wink: :redneck

You'd have to ask my wife on that one, but I'd like to think of myself as a younger and more handsome version. :cool:

FedEx227
05-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Haha, thats the guy! My mom always mentions his stark resemblance to Richard Gere. Yeah, he's at every single game no matter the weather, etc. Either a true fan or an employee.

Best thing, he's never on a cell-phone, he never gets up to get food, he's always focused on the game.

Cellview22
05-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I've noticed this guy for years now. It's true that he's on tv more than anyone else during every season. I noticed last year that he was absent for the 2nd half of the season. I thought maybe he had moved to another city or something. He seems like a class act, never making a fool of himself or getting hammered, and he's always focused on the game. And he's either with his brother or his wife at every game.

There's also a number of other season ticket regulars at almost every game. Like the family with the little twin girls in the front row who always put their rally caps on, and that other brunette girl who sits across the aisle from the Richard Gere look-alike who was shown directly after Josh Groban finished the national anthem at Game 1 of the World Series with her mom looking emotional. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? :D:

RhubarbStew
05-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I have personally noticed two guys in that same section, since the park opened. The aforementioned one who I have always referred to as Richard Gere and another guy who I call John Larroquette. JL used to be sitting in the row behind RG, until recent years when I've seen them sitting next to each other and chatting. I assume they became buds after sitting near each other for each game. Yes, I have given this too much thought.

sox1970
05-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I have personally noticed two guys in that same section, since the park opened. The aforementioned one who I have always referred to as Richard Gere and another guy who I call John Larroquette. JL used to be sitting in the row behind RG, until recent years when I've seen them sitting next to each other and chatting. I assume they became buds after sitting near each other for each game. Yes, I have given this too much thought.

Aren't those two guys brothers? They look a lot alike. I think there's a made for TV movie in this somewhere....

stl_sox_fan
05-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Haha, thats the guy! My mom always mentions his stark resemblance to Richard Gere. Yeah, he's at every single game no matter the weather, etc. Either a true fan or an employee.

Best thing, he's never on a cell-phone, he never gets up to get food, he's always focused on the game.

And for that, I salute him!